Meta Mafia II: Day 5

For your simulated organized crime needs.

Moderators: jestingrabbit, Moderators General, Prelates

plytho
¡This cheese is burning me!

Re: Meta Mafia II: Day Two

Postby plytho » Thu Jun 07, 2018 11:32 am UTC

Right, I searched for "cop" so that didn't pop up.

I actually meant nobody but wam. His statement doesn't actually ask people to claim but it could be a subtle endorsement of claiming.
Pronouns: he him his
Avatar: The High Frontier by Angus McKie

wam

Postby wam » Thu Jun 07, 2018 11:48 am UTC

plytho wrote:Right, I searched for "cop" so that didn't pop up.

I actually meant nobody but wam. His statement doesn't actually ask people to claim but it could be a subtle endorsement of claiming.

Yeah It can, didn't mean it to come across that way though.
Come join us playing mafia signup here

moody7277

Postby moody7277 » Thu Jun 07, 2018 12:28 pm UTC

Interesting that Madge says she got a fruit. Makes all of that discussion about what the Vendor should do worthwhile. As for the recent cop strategy topic, I'm uncomfortable giving PR advice because I know how badly I've screwed up with powers. wam's caveat on his statement regarding whether the cop claiming by now is all too human; perfectly logical people who always play optimally only exist in mathematical proofs.

Today's not going to be good for me posting-wise because my car decided to spring a leak and I don't know how long it will take to straighten it out.
The story of my life in xkcdmafia:

Tigerlion wrote:Well, I imagine as the game progresses, various people will be getting moody.

BoomFrog wrote:I still have no idea what town moody really looks like.

plytho

Postby plytho » Thu Jun 07, 2018 12:37 pm UTC

moody7277 wrote: perfectly logical people who always play optimally only exist in mathematical proofs.
Or they're the N1 kill :P

mpolo

Postby mpolo » Thu Jun 07, 2018 1:42 pm UTC

Checked in and have working WIFI.

With Madge's claim, we are in setup 5 or 10, and no longer have to worry about wolves/SKs, right? (I suppose Madge could be lying, but such a gambit is pretty dangerous, since certain PRs could immediately debunk it.) There is a slightly higher chance of setup 10 because we haven't heard from a cop.

This would mean that we have jailkeeper, but the mafia can override it with a strongman twice.
Image <-- Evil experiment

Mark_Cangila

Postby Mark_Cangila » Thu Jun 07, 2018 1:45 pm UTC

D2 started 42 minutes after deadline, so my post about that was not a lie. Also, I should be posting more next week. I will be away this weekend though.

wam

Postby wam » Thu Jun 07, 2018 1:46 pm UTC

Mark_Cangila wrote:D2 started 42 minutes after deadline, so my post about that was not a lie. Also, I should be posting more next week. I will be away this weekend though.

Yeah I got that wrong, stupid summer time.

plytho

Postby plytho » Thu Jun 07, 2018 1:48 pm UTC

Mark_Cangila wrote:D2 started 42 minutes after deadline, so my post about that was not a lie. Also, I should be posting more next week. I will be away this weekend though.
Deadline is monday, so please provide some opinions, and if possible a town to scum list before the weekend or we have no content from you today.

plytho

Postby plytho » Thu Jun 07, 2018 1:51 pm UTC

mpolo wrote: There is a slightly higher chance of setup 10 because we haven't heard from a cop.
Are you echoing wam or do you also think cops claim D2?

jimbobmacdoodle

Postby jimbobmacdoodle » Thu Jun 07, 2018 1:54 pm UTC

This makes more sense than what I had in mind - I suspected that Mark got mixed up midnight Sunday to Monday and midnight Monday to Tuesday. That being said, I never did think that theory through enough, and it probably made no sense in the context.
BlitzGirl the Primordial
matthewglen wrote:Cueball looks concerned.

Mark_Cangila

Postby Mark_Cangila » Thu Jun 07, 2018 2:03 pm UTC

I'll have content today, and maybe some time in the weekend. I won't have wi-fi much on the weekend (On plane) but I'll write what I can offline and post it when I get wi-fi.

mpolo

Postby mpolo » Thu Jun 07, 2018 2:48 pm UTC

plytho wrote:
mpolo wrote: There is a slightly higher chance of setup 10 because we haven't heard from a cop.
Are you echoing wam or do you also think cops claim D2?

That's why I said a "slightly" higher chance. There was at least some chance that a cop would have hit scum and claimed it. We are certainly not guaranteed anything about the setup from what we know now, just one of the two is slightly more likely.
Image <-- Evil experiment

plytho

Postby plytho » Thu Jun 07, 2018 3:10 pm UTC

Some current reads:

Boomfrog: first impressions are positive. I like what he’s been saying, it feels fresh. I like his nuanced view on SDK. (Doesn’t think SDK intended to rolefish but pushes him on shady reads). Needs more content and opinions on more players to solidify my read but townie for now.

Freezeblade: only one D2 post with a promise of thoughts. D1 content was pretty lurky with no strong opinions except jimbob being scummy. I’d like to see an update on that read. Sliding down to scum.

Jimbob: despite his support of my nemesis I get a townie feel from him. His defense of SDK feels genuine and he’s putting in the work. His evolution on vicarin is very natural and plausible D1. townie

LaserGuy: Considering I think SDK is scum I don’t like his vicarin vote at the end of D1. His latest post also has some suspicious statements.
LaserGuy wrote:Oh, if there's no wolves, we need to go back and reread D1 to see who was assuming the game was non-wolf and who didn't have a clue, right? Not going to do it, but maybe someone else should? Like Mark is so obviously never going to be mafia here. I think maybe moody and Madge were wolf hunting too? So probably not mafia I think.
As I said before: “If scum know there aren't any werewolves that's an ideal area for them to provide content.”
As I realize upon reading this again: this can’t work for clearing people because there are mafia goons who are as ignorant as vanilla townies D1. There are also townies (fruit vendor, watcher) who know there are no wolves.
Calling my SDK case nitpickery sounds like he didn’t even try to understand it, which is annoying, since I strongly believe in it and put a lot of effort in to clarify stuff. It’s also suspicious since it feels like he doesn’t care.
Scummy

Madge: I can accept her D1 mark tunnel as roleplay but continuing it into D2 seems a bit much, especially considering jimbob’s remark about it being werewolf-based. So, confirming my own early D1 tunnel, madge is looking somewhat scummy.

Mark: Hasn’t really posted D2. I had a newbie town read D1. I don’t think his vicarin vote is as suspicious as others, but he’ll need to post more or slide down to summy. Promised pre-weekend content.

Moody: Not sure about moody. His reasoning for voting SDK makes some sense from a townie perspective, trying to lynch for the best value out of two scummy looking candidates. On the other hand if SDK is town moody seems to be putting the responsibility for him voting SDK in my hands.

Mpolo: I’m not detecting anything suspicious in mpolo’s posts. His SDK vs vicarin reasoning made sense. Probably town

SDK: my position hasn’t changed on SDK

Wam: if SDK is scum, wam is very likely town.

Those last three were done very quickly as I have to go.

town
Jimbob
wam
mpolo
boomfrog
Mark
moody
Madge
LaserGuy
freezeblade
SDK
scum

SDK

Postby SDK » Thu Jun 07, 2018 3:14 pm UTC

plytho wrote:That's not addressing 3 and 4 directly. 3 is "why did it take you so long to acknowledge we were talking about a role-pm?" and 4 is "why did you use the explanation for asking the question instead of keeping the question when Sabrar asked you why you didn't see the fish?"

Okay, I'll try again...
3) I don't think it did take me so long. You and Sabrar correctly pointed out that my question could reveal Mark being a PR, so I retracted the question and gave some motivation for why I asked the question (since I was getting some heat for this). That was the first time I realized what I had done, in my first post of the day, my first post after you guys first pointed it out. Can you explain where you see me delaying?

4) Sabrar asked for clarification, which I gave. You're trying to say that Sabrar specifically asked why I decided to keep the question, but I don't and didn't read it that way (I was answering the question "What does this even mean?"), so I gave him more detail on my motivation for asking it. Looking back, I was very confused by his mention of VT's... maybe he meant that to ask about the PR thing specifically? If he did, he could have asked again after seeing I had no idea what he was talking about.

You, however, did specifically ask for my motivation for keeping the question (weird, it's almost like you forgot something small about your own posts...). I answered (in the same post where I answered Sabrar) that "I thought it still added value to ask for the specifics". That was my second post on the topic, still on the same day. Can you explain where you're seeing me dodging anything here? I had already admitted that I was being stupid.

Your next post here is where things really got kicked off for you. You caught my mistake on the "delete" vs. "retract" thing, and got caught up in Matrix14 not being in the role PM (which I never said). Your next post on the subject:
plytho wrote:
SDK wrote:
plytho wrote:There's no mention of matrix 14 in the role pm.

Right, but I wrote the question before seeing that it was from his role PM.
Yeah, no. That won't fly. You don't get to use your original (arguably more justifiable) motivation for asking the question when you later on acknowledge that you decided to keep the question after becoming aware it was about the role pm. You're deliberately misleading us here.

I've repeated many many times now that my motivation stands on all other counts. I don't know how I can make it more clear to you. Maybe I can quote myself directly?
SDK wrote:Depending on what Mark came back with I thought it could shed some light on whether or not Madge is right to suspect Mark based on the PM stuff. I thought we'd get a simple answer back like "Clarification on my posting restriction" or "A question about Matrix14" rather than something more damning like "I don't know what you want me to say..." or some other creative way that new players talk themselves into traps. That would have been fine too, of course. I'm only talking about the PM question, not the werewolf question. I also have no idea if Mark is a VT or not - I don't understand why you're saying that. As for why I didn't see the fish, I really have no idea. The thought that he could be asking about a power role didn't even occur to me, which is ridiculous since it's a very likely reason to be PMing the mod. I have no excuse there other than my motivation unrelated to PR's.
Bolded are the reasons I kept the question.

plytho wrote:It feels like you're either missing the essence of my issue with you or deliberately trying to play it down so it looks like I'm nitpicking. I feel I've been making myself pretty clear, which is why the latter feels more plausible.

Maybe I am missing the essence of your issue with me. As it happens, I ALSO feel I've been making myself pretty clear, so...

Let's just try to go back to basics. I'll reply directly to to your list of grievances:
plytho wrote:1)Rolefishing mark, keeping the question open after being aware it was a question about his role pm

Yep. Still don't think any reasonable player would ever try this, but sure.

plytho wrote:2)not acknowledging you were aware of it being about his role pm even though you apparently were, and defending your motivation for asking the question with options that aren't relevant after you realized it was a role-pm question ("there's no mention of matrix 14 in the role pm")

I didn't do this. This is you misunderstanding me (and maybe Sabrar too). Details above.

plytho wrote:3)forgetting what happened when you realized mark asked a question about his role pm. You claim you made a conscious decision to keep the question. Seems to me you'd remember this sort of decision.

I did make a conscious decision to keep the question. I did remember that decision. The only thing I forgot was whether I was thinking about deleting or retracting the question. The essence of what I was thinking was remembered correctly, like I said before.

plytho wrote:4)active lurking. your only content until your question to mark is explaining matrix 14 to mpolo.

The game started Friday morning. I posted six times with little to go on, then left work at noon. You should know by now that I rarely post anything over the weekend, certainly nothing substantial. I came back Monday morning with a full read through. Do you think I was intentionally ignoring anything in those first four hours of the game?

plytho wrote:5)thinking I'm a PR and trying to lynch me.
SDK wrote: Thinking about what the mafia might know makes sense, but plytho is analyzing this from the view of a PR.

That is not me thinking you're a PR. That is me thinking that you're trying to get into the headspace of a PR, which I think mafia is much more likely to do than a townie. Why on Earth do you think I would ever mention in-thread that I think you're a PR? That doesn't make sense from any perspective.

Okay, I'm done defending myself now. If you have specific questions, I'll answer them, but I'm wasting my time with you instead of reading moody and wam this morning. And jimbob's big reads post! I'll try to get that done today still, but may not have time now until tomorrow morning.
The biggest number (63 quintillion googols in debt)

BoomFrog

Postby BoomFrog » Thu Jun 07, 2018 4:35 pm UTC

@JimBob: I hadn't read D1 but I can read a room. Wam and plytho's aggression against SDK and him being almost lynched certainly gave me the impression that he is scum. However I know that is not real evidence so I'm trying to not base conclusions on it but I do think it's coloring my thinking. Also, full self analysis, I really want him to be scum because I want to catch him as scum as redemption for my failure in dark tower. So it's been hard for me to stay objective on SDK.

That said, I think scum!wam would have to be very aggressive to try and set town!SDK up like this D2. I think he'd have killed sabrar but let plytho lead the charge. I'll reconsider this once I finish D1. (I'm reading the whole thing and I'm on page 7 now).

plytho's nitpick attack seems sincere and coming from a townie place regardless of SDK's alignment. You as well are showing townie thought trains. So if SDK is town the only read of the three I might doubt is wam.
"Everything I need to know about parenting I learned from cooking. Don't be afraid to experiment, and eat your mistakes." - Cronos

BoomFrog

Postby BoomFrog » Thu Jun 07, 2018 4:43 pm UTC

@plytho: I know being understood is incredibly important to you. However, you are going down that dark tunnel again. Please, please talk about something else. Your points are clear, anyone who is going to be convinced is convinced. For the love of the game have mercy haha.

Who are scum!SDK's scum mates? If SDK is town then who is scum?
"Everything I need to know about parenting I learned from cooking. Don't be afraid to experiment, and eat your mistakes." - Cronos

bessie

Postby bessie » Thu Jun 07, 2018 4:47 pm UTC

wam wrote:request mod prod on freezeblade

freezeblade has been prodded.

BoomFrog

Postby BoomFrog » Thu Jun 07, 2018 5:13 pm UTC

@Mark: You should try and have a vote down before you leave for the weekend. Try to put it in someone who you think realistically could be lynched. That short list today is probably SDK, FreezeBlade or wam. (I'm not saying others are unlynchable, I'm saying those three are much more likely then any specific others unless Mark has some evidence he feels is very strong.)

plytho

Postby plytho » Thu Jun 07, 2018 5:15 pm UTC

BoomFrog wrote:@plytho: I know being understood is incredibly important to you. However, you are going down that dark tunnel again. Please, please talk about something else. Your points are clear, anyone who is going to be convinced is convinced. For the love of the game have mercy haha.

Who are scum!SDK's scum mates? If SDK is town then who is scum?
Not sure where you're at on your reread but I'm aware of that and my D2 content has been low on SDK and high on everything else.

I'd put LaserGuy as a likely SDK-mate and wam and freezeblade as scum vs town!SDK

wam

Postby wam » Thu Jun 07, 2018 5:18 pm UTC

Will post full reads tomorrow. But roughly split at the moment

Don't want to lunch today

Plytho
Jimbob
Madge

Neutral
Moody
Mpolo
Mark

Not sure
Boom
Laser

Would be happy to lynch today
Freeze
SDK

Boom and laser are just pinging something in the back of my brain when I read through will try and either detail that or change my mind.

Moody and mpolo haven't really left an impression on me.

BoomFrog

Postby BoomFrog » Thu Jun 07, 2018 5:22 pm UTC

I guess I meant. Please just don't talk about the Rolefishing inquiry incident anymore. Please don't rebut SDK's above post haha.

What do you think of mpolo or Mark as scum!SDK-mates?

BoomFrog

Postby BoomFrog » Thu Jun 07, 2018 5:23 pm UTC

plytho wrote:wam and freezeblade as scum vs town!SDK
Also, wam is pretty anti-freeze. It seems unlikely they are both scum if SDK is town. Which would you think is more likely?

BoomFrog

Postby BoomFrog » Thu Jun 07, 2018 5:27 pm UTC

plytho wrote:Not sure where you're at on your reread ...

The post just before the one you replied to:
BoomFrog wrote:I'll reconsider this once I finish D1. (I'm reading the whole thing and I'm on page 7 now).

This is the second time you've been not reading carefully. What's up?

plytho

Postby plytho » Thu Jun 07, 2018 5:41 pm UTC

Ha, anti-freeze :)

Hmm, Mark as SDK buddy is possible, that could explain SDK's motivation for pushing Madge away from mark. I do have a newbie town read on Mark and I'd kind of expect to see some signs of coaching after the night.

I haven't noticed any connections between SDK and mpolo. Will look into that later.

Wam is a notorious busser so I wouldn't rule out wam-freezeblade. Couldn't tell you which feels more likely scum if SDK flips town. Freezeblade as SDK's 100% scum read who hasn't interacted all that much and is very lurky today or wam who's been very actively against SDK.

BoomFrog wrote:This is the second time you've been not reading carefully. What's up?
I don't know how fast you read and I knew I had a couple more SDK posts closer to deadline so I didn't know if you were saying that before or after those posts.

BoomFrog

Postby BoomFrog » Thu Jun 07, 2018 6:12 pm UTC

(got to end of page 8, but I need to actually work today too.) Did a quick scan back on mpolo and actually he was 3rd on the SDK wagon when there were lots of options still so I think I'd put mpolo as more likely scum if SDK is town. But in that case I'd trust SDK's gut read so he's likely town.

SDK

Postby SDK » Thu Jun 07, 2018 6:48 pm UTC

BoomFrog wrote:But in that case I'd trust SDK's gut read so he's likely town.

This is something I'm hoping to improve on toDay, for the record. He's got enough content and interactions now that I can do better than a gut read.
The biggest number (63 quintillion googols in debt)

BoomFrog

Re: Meta Mafia II: Day One

Postby BoomFrog » Thu Jun 07, 2018 9:56 pm UTC

SDK is chrismatic, and competent reguardless of alignment, so his towniness must be heavily weighted with expectations. So I've given home almost no credit for his tone, and his actions have had poor results. However several things are holding me back from voting him. 1) The wagon on him was too easy. I've gotten burned by this logic before, but it still holds some value. 2) The Sabrar kill is odd from scum!SDK, as it does set SDK up, but if the wagon on him was all town he'd have no choice but to kill a townie who he has called scum, so this is weak too. 3) This post:

SDK wrote:
Sabrar wrote:
SDK wrote:Now I'm even more confused. Are you saying I'm doing that this game?
You really don't understand?

Yes, really. I know you're voting me now and I truly have no idea why. I mean, sure, you're on the same stuff plytho is, but everything else you've brought up makes no sense to me. I even had a good laugh when I considered that you might be town suggesting that you really, secretly thought I was town and just looking for a fight for fun (or to protect me from the nightkill?). Apparently not. Care to explain?

The underlined thinking is really hard to come to as scum SDK. You have to be so desperate to explain sabrar's aggression that you can't think of anything else. Which is not what you think about if Sabrar is right.

I think this whole thing might actually be a scum power play to capitalize on a double town wagon D1, and a very OMGUS SDK.

Vote Wam

I'm going to be so pissed if I'm wrong about this haha.

BoomFrog

Postby BoomFrog » Fri Jun 08, 2018 12:37 am UTC

I'm completely caught up now. My conclusions are LaserGuy's son is a cutie and Sabrar was killed for having too much fun haha.

BoomFrog

Postby BoomFrog » Fri Jun 08, 2018 12:38 am UTC

Weekend slowness it's coming, so now is the time for serious votes.

Mark_Cangila

Postby Mark_Cangila » Fri Jun 08, 2018 12:40 am UTC

I'm gonna

Vote: SDK

for now. This is my current view. However, I will investigate BF'd recent claim. I'll probably have a reads list from this point set up by Monday before deadline.

Mark_Cangila

Postby Mark_Cangila » Fri Jun 08, 2018 12:40 am UTC

EBWOP BF's

BoomFrog

Postby BoomFrog » Fri Jun 08, 2018 1:14 am UTC

By "claim" I assume you mean "points". A claim is where somebody is revealing private information (usually without total proof, thus "claiming"). I'm just highlighting public information haha.

moody7277

Postby moody7277 » Fri Jun 08, 2018 1:33 am UTC

Registering my intent to vote SDK, but don't want to yet because that would put him at L-1. I'll be looking over fb and LaserGuy tomorrow.
The story of my life in xkcdmafia:

Tigerlion wrote:Well, I imagine as the game progresses, various people will be getting moody.

BoomFrog wrote:I still have no idea what town moody really looks like.

BoomFrog

Postby BoomFrog » Fri Jun 08, 2018 1:52 am UTC

Actually,

unvote want
Vote FreezeBlade

Pending a RL explination for absence or an impending modkill.

Mark_Cangila

Postby Mark_Cangila » Fri Jun 08, 2018 2:01 am UTC

Yeah, point. I'm really off on wording. I meant claim as in saying SDK prob isn't scum.

wam

Postby wam » Fri Jun 08, 2018 6:39 am UTC

@boom I can see two issues in your plan.

1. We know were in 10-3. Based on that how would an agreeive scum plan benefit them day 2? As there are still at least 2 lynches left. D1 10-3 D2 8-3 D3 6-3 D4 4-3.

2. Wagon too easy. It's not been easy for the level of items plytho has caught most people would have been lynched d1. I agree SDK can play that as both alignments.

You have also switched your view on me 180 in a page or two.

Could boom be SDKs partner....

bessie

Postby bessie » Fri Jun 08, 2018 6:41 am UTC

The game was moving slowly. The discussion alternated between heated arguments, good-natured laughing and joking, and near silence broken only by the sounds of the busy road on the other side of the far wall.

jimbobmacdoodle: Is it time to vote again?
LaserGuy: Yeah, I’m getting bored, and hungry.
SDK: [holding out bag] Here you can have some of my Cheetos.
LaserGuy: No I hate orange. Pass that bottle back over here, I want another drink.
SDK: Well they don’t taste like oranges, stupid.
Mark_Cangila: We can walk over to 7-Eleven.
plytho: I don’t feel like getting up. Let’s just vote SDK out of the game, and then he can go to the store for us.
SDK: Screw that, I’m not going to the store for you, go yourself.
Madge: [stands up] I’ll go to 7-Eleven with SDK.
bessie: [slides casually into space vacated by Madge, next to BoomFrog] Yeah, that’s a good idea. Madge and SDK can go to the store.
Diemo: I don’t think anyone should leave until we finish the game, or at least this cycle.
BoomFrog: Well if this game’s going to move forward we need everyone to vote.
wam: freezeblade’s awfully been quiet.
Diemo: I think he fell asleep. [shakes freezeblade] Hey wake up, we need you to vote.

Official Votals:

SDK (4) : wam, plytho, Madge, Mark_Cangila
freezeblade (1) : BoomFrog

Not Voting (6) : freezeblade, jimbobmacdoodle, LaserGuy, moody7277, mpolo, SDK

With 11 alive, it takes 6 to hammer.

Deadline is Monday 11th 8PM GMT

wam

Postby wam » Fri Jun 08, 2018 6:42 am UTC

BoomFrog wrote:Actually,

unvote want
Vote FreezeBlade

Pending a RL explination for absence or an impending modkill.

This is odd to me. Freeze is just not here so surely is a mod problem. Why vote him off? What would we learn from a freeze lynch?

jimbobmacdoodle

Postby jimbobmacdoodle » Fri Jun 08, 2018 8:22 am UTC

Usual on way into work scattered thoughts.
moody7277 wrote:Registering my intent to vote SDK, but don't want to yet because that would put him at L-1. I'll be looking over fb and LaserGuy tomorrow.
Why are you only just committing to this now? What's changed? If nothing, why did you not vote earlier?
plytho wrote:Hmm, Mark as SDK buddy is possible, that could explain SDK's motivation for pushing Madge away from mark
I'm not sure how willing newbie-scum Mark would be to bus. BUT if SDK is scum, there's a good chance he knew the writing was on the wall last night, and could have instructed Mark to do so. I'm trying to decide in this case if Mark would have hopped on a bit earlier in the Day.
BoomFrog wrote:I'm completely caught up now. My conclusions are LaserGuy's son is a cutie and Sabrar was killed for having too much fun haha.
Do either of these conclusions actually have any real substance to them? I.e. are they in any way significant to the game?

SDK - are you going to claim? As much as I doubt you to be scum, it seems most others disagree, and it would be good to get some reactions to any claim. If you claim PR, we need enough time for counter-claims and an alternative wagon.
wam wrote:Boom and laser are just pinging something in the back of my brain when I read through will try and either detail that or change my mind.
Any update on this?
wam wrote:Moody and mpolo haven't really left an impression on me.
What are you doing to resolve this?
BoomFrog wrote:I guess I meant. Please just don't talk about the Rolefishing inquiry incident anymore. Please don't rebut SDK's above post haha.
Definitely this. I'm half tempted to skip through all related material when rereading plytho and SDK this evening.

Too many players are being too quiet for my liking. That's usually not good for town.
BlitzGirl the Primordial
matthewglen wrote:Cueball looks concerned.

wam

Postby wam » Fri Jun 08, 2018 9:36 am UTC

@jimbob

I'm planning a re read of d2 this evening.

Return to “Mafia”