Wheel of Time 3 - A Divided Sisterhood (N5)

For your simulated organized crime needs.

Moderators: jestingrabbit, Moderators General, Prelates

moody7277

Re: Wheel of Time 3 - A Divided Sisterhood (D1)

Postby moody7277 » Thu Jul 26, 2018 4:44 pm UTC

So it looks like BoomFrog's got some oracle thing going on. Just remember that an oracle always says the absolute truth, but you only realize it after the fact :P . I am going to get flashbacks to the SuperMegaCrazyMayhem game from the versifying.
The story of my life in xkcdmafia:

Tigerlion wrote:Well, I imagine as the game progresses, various people will be getting moody.

BoomFrog wrote:I still have no idea what town moody really looks like.

LaserGuy

Postby LaserGuy » Thu Jul 26, 2018 5:06 pm UTC

bessie wrote:
BoomFrog wrote:A happy dog plays, a nervous dog barks.
How unfortunate for us all that Bessie is scum.

Do you even have a dog? Hoku barks all the frickin time, and it is non indicative of his current level of happiness or nervousness.

Ninja'd again, going to work.

Pings me a bit that you responded to the dog part and not the scum part.

Vote: bessie

LaserGuy

Postby LaserGuy » Thu Jul 26, 2018 5:07 pm UTC

heuristically_alone wrote:So in case Sabrar's request has something to do with his ability, I'd recommend not targeting him tonight. Unless he is using reverse psychology on us....

I think it's probably just best to ignore his request entirely and do whatever makes sense with your power.

I get townie vibes from heury and mpolo.

jimbobmacdoodle

Postby jimbobmacdoodle » Thu Jul 26, 2018 5:21 pm UTC

A number of players have asked about flips and what will be revealed. I wanted to answer it in public, especially as my earlier answers had one thing missing:

A player's flip will include all information in bold in a player's role PM except for names and numbers of team-mates and any factional abilities that they may have access to.
BlitzGirl the Primordial
matthewglen wrote:Cueball looks concerned.

Mark_Cangila

Postby Mark_Cangila » Thu Jul 26, 2018 5:31 pm UTC

BoomFrog wrote:My secondary desires would do ill to the good among us.
No house divided can stand.
Only through great fortune will I achieve all my goals. But, perhaps, that is always true.

Recent thoughts turn to the strength of three.
The hand of fate must consider their design.
We seek a team of three with ill intent.
United, they are a grave threat.
But we will be afforded many.boons on our quest.

A happy dog plays, a nervous dog barks.

I'm gonna analyze this. Firstly, the secondary desire part means his secondary WC. Then the divided part may imply some divisions in town that he knows of somehow, or it may imply the mafia town division. The great fortune part I am unsure about. The three part may represent a mafia team of 3, but how would he know that? The bessie scum part seems like a joke.

Mark_Cangila

Postby Mark_Cangila » Thu Jul 26, 2018 5:32 pm UTC

Also, me secondary WC requires me to talk a lot. I also don't like Sabrar's talk about his secondary WC.

Can we reveal the secondary WC we submitted?

LaserGuy

Postby LaserGuy » Thu Jul 26, 2018 5:34 pm UTC

Mark_Cangila wrote:Also, me secondary WC requires me to talk a lot. I also don't like Sabrar's talk about his secondary WC.

Can we reveal the secondary WC we submitted?

No you can't.

The Rules wrote:Players may not discuss what Ajah or win condition they submitted (though they can of course discuss what they actually are).

Mark_Cangila

Postby Mark_Cangila » Thu Jul 26, 2018 6:02 pm UTC

Missed that, sorry.

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Thu Jul 26, 2018 6:05 pm UTC

bessie wrote:
Sabrar wrote:Obligatory shout-out to dimochka, not PGO. :lol:
IIRC this is a reference to another game?
You can search for it.

Mark_Cangila wrote:I also don't like Sabrar's talk about his secondary WC.
Why? bessie has pinpointed my reasons exactly.

@BoomFrog: did you decide upon your choice of expression before or after receiving the role-pm?

Unvote

Mark_Cangila

Postby Mark_Cangila » Thu Jul 26, 2018 6:27 pm UTC

Sabrar wrote:
Mark_Cangila wrote:I also don't like Sabrar's talk about his secondary WC.
Why? bessie has pinpointed my reasons exactly.

Oh. I missed that completely. I need to get back into mafia I guess.

This is some idle speculation, but I think this game will have a lot of PRs. The myriad of Ajah colors, and the fact that the mods probably wanted to show of the colors points to that. Each ajah color will have one person with that color and a PR, I think. Considering there are 6 (I think) Ajah colors, and 11 people, there will probably be at least 6 PRs.

LaserGuy

Postby LaserGuy » Thu Jul 26, 2018 7:12 pm UTC

Mark probably Town too.

BoomFrog

Postby BoomFrog » Thu Jul 26, 2018 7:19 pm UTC

Sabrar wrote:@BoomFrog: did you decide upon your choice of expression before or after receiving the role-pm?

*strokes wise old man beard*

hmm.
"Everything I need to know about parenting I learned from cooking. Don't be afraid to experiment, and eat your mistakes." - Cronos

Mark_Cangila

Postby Mark_Cangila » Thu Jul 26, 2018 7:48 pm UTC

Sabrar wrote:@BoomFrog: did you decide upon your choice of expression before or after receiving the role-pm?

What is the issue with his word choice? I didn't notice anything.

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Thu Jul 26, 2018 8:00 pm UTC

Not the words themselves but the character in which he speaks.

Mark_Cangila

Postby Mark_Cangila » Thu Jul 26, 2018 8:22 pm UTC

Ah... His roleplaying. 2nd WC related maybe? Or it may be for fun, like Madge.

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Thu Jul 26, 2018 8:54 pm UTC

LaserGuy wrote:I get townie vibes from heury and mpolo.
LaserGuy wrote:Mark probably Town too.
I understand mpolo and Mark but can't really see the vibe from heury. Care to elaborate?

BTW I made a mistake with my last setup-speculation, 7-1-1-1 adds up to 10 players only, meant to type 7-1-1-1-1. I find it interesting that noone noticed and corrected. It suggests to me that some players didn't really care about actual setup-numbers and just said that my numbers look okay to appear being helpful. I bet we find scum in {bessie, moody, Vicarin, wam}.

dimochka
Location: A few different places->NYC->LA->NYC. He/Him/His please.

Postby dimochka » Thu Jul 26, 2018 9:41 pm UTC

Votals:

Vicarin - 1 (moody7277)
Madge - 2 (Vicarin, heuristically_alone)
bessie - 1 (LaserGuy)

Not Voting: Sabrar, BoomFrog, wam, Madge, bessie, Mark_Cangila, mpolo

11 alive, 6 to lynch (as previously mentioned). Deadline in roughly 4.5 days.
If you're curious about the origin of my avatar, google "Cheburashka".

moody7277

Postby moody7277 » Thu Jul 26, 2018 10:20 pm UTC

@Sabrar- I'm glad you're saying it's an honest mistake instead of retroactively trying to make it into a test/gambit. If you were, I would have chuckled heartily. You also apparently missed where I said that 7-1-1-1 sounded whack. Based on the context, was your idea on independents something like a survivor, 2 unaffiliated SK, and a cult master?

Tigerlion wrote:Well, I imagine as the game progresses, various people will be getting moody.

Vicarin

Postby Vicarin » Thu Jul 26, 2018 11:04 pm UTC

Main issue I would have with 7-1-1-1-1 would be how the setup would be ridiculously difficult to balance, for most choices of scum roles. As I said , most of the other setups seem somewhat workable?

@bessie: I didn't really remember Sabrar using 4 exclamation marks or multiple emoticons in an initial post before. Also somewhat surprised that you seemed disappointed in the confirmation posts.

mpolo's claims are interesting to say the least, but would be a lot more helpful if there wasn't so much wriggle room.

I sincerely hope this BoomFrog roleplaying is more useful than the woofs were.

LaserGuy

Postby LaserGuy » Thu Jul 26, 2018 11:28 pm UTC

Sabrar wrote:
LaserGuy wrote:I get townie vibes from heury and mpolo.
LaserGuy wrote:Mark probably Town too.
I understand mpolo and Mark but can't really see the vibe from heury. Care to elaborate?

Mostly tone.

Vicarin

Postby Vicarin » Fri Jul 27, 2018 12:47 am UTC

Hmmmm.

@wam, mpolo, Madge: What do you think of Mark's posts so far?

@h_a, Mark: What do you think of bessie's posts so far?

@BoomFrog: how long are you going to keep this up for?

Mark_Cangila

Postby Mark_Cangila » Fri Jul 27, 2018 1:45 am UTC

Vicarin wrote:@h_a, Mark: What do you think of bessie's posts so far?

I see nothing wrong with them. She does some confirm post analysis, but not an excessive amount. She does fail to mention the scum accusation by BoomFrog, but I find his accusation a joke. As I said, I see no issue with Bessie.

bessie

Postby bessie » Fri Jul 27, 2018 2:33 am UTC

moody7277 wrote:So it looks like BoomFrog's got some oracle thing going on. Just remember that an oracle always says the absolute truth, but you only realize it after the fact :P .
Hahahahaha this is so opportunistic, even more so than LaserGuy’s post immediately following (see below).

LaserGuy wrote:
bessie wrote:
BoomFrog wrote:A happy dog plays, a nervous dog barks.

Do you even have a dog? Hoku barks all the frickin time, and it is non indicative of his current level of happiness or nervousness.

Ninja'd again, going to work.

Pings me a bit that you responded to the dog part and not the scum part.

I responded to everything I quoted. It was my belief that The Enlightend One would understand the meaning behind my words, though be they obscured in metaphor. I believe the implied meaning is comprehensible for the One that has the gift of second sight. Woof!

So LaserGuy, would you care to elaborate as to why my response pinged you? Feel free to analyze my other content if it will help you make a scum case on me. Or are you and moody just on a small fishing expedition?

Sabrar wrote:
bessie wrote:
Sabrar wrote:Obligatory shout-out to dimochka, not PGO. :lol:
IIRC this is a reference to another game?
You can search for it.
I didn’t play PYPokemon, and I have very little recall for details from games I didn’t play, just general feelings if I read them, or I will remember some specifics if there was an interesting mechanic or particularly interesting player action. And even for games I played, have imperfect recall of game content that happened after I died, because I don’t read the game the same way. As I was typing up my notes, my first reaction was why would you ask dimochka this he knows your role, then I remembered vaguely that I heard this reference before and edited my note and I didn’t think about it too much when I posted.

As a general rule, I don’t do forum searches when I’m actively playing a game, to avoid Gojoe. I will search specific threads.

This is an interesting question, considering BoomFrog changed his avatar about two weeks ago. Did you not notice?

Mark_Cangila wrote: Ah... His roleplaying. 2nd WC related maybe? Or it may be for fun, like Madge.
Mark, which do you think it is? Fun, win condition, something else? My guess is that it’s all about me me me.

Sabrar wrote:I bet we find scum in {bessie, moody, Vicarin, wam}.
Hmm, decent odds that there is at least one non-town in that group, because math.

Vicarin wrote:Also somewhat surprised that you seemed disappointed in the confirmation posts.
I’m still hoping that someday some of SDK’s magic will rub off on me. How am I supposed to catch scum from their confirmation post if I have nothing to work with?

Vicarin wrote:I sincerely hope this BoomFrog roleplaying is more useful than the woofs were.
So Vicarin, your opinion please, what exactly is BoomFrog doing?

Mark_Cangila wrote:She does fail to mention the scum accusation by BoomFrog, but I find his accusation a joke.
1. Did not.
2. Why do you think it's a joke?

Mark_Cangila

Postby Mark_Cangila » Fri Jul 27, 2018 3:08 am UTC

bessie wrote:
Mark_Cangila wrote:She does fail to mention the scum accusation by BoomFrog, but I find his accusation a joke.
1. Did not.
2. Why do you think it's a joke?

I think I misunderstood the nuances. I think I understand the reasoning behind his suspicion, and I understand your response. I can explain if anyone wants me to.

bessie wrote:
Mark_Cangila wrote: Ah... His roleplaying. 2nd WC related maybe? Or it may be for fun, like Madge.
Mark, which do you think it is? Fun, win condition, something else? My guess is that it’s all about me me me.

I doubt it is win condition. That seems too arbitrary for someone to assign it. I also don't think it is power role related. I think it is just for fun. What do you mean by me me me?

Vicarin

Postby Vicarin » Fri Jul 27, 2018 3:11 am UTC

@bessie: as a wild guess, I'd say he's pretty much doing what he did in Newbie New Year Mafia again, but being somewhat more useful in the meantime. And for the confirmation posts, I thought you'd be happy about the lack of game content and interaction in them, given that you've expressed dislike of those things before.

@Mark: while you're here, what do you think of wam's initial post?

Mark_Cangila

Postby Mark_Cangila » Fri Jul 27, 2018 3:31 am UTC

Vicarin wrote:@Mark: while you're here, what do you think of wam's initial post?

It reads like him trying to get a post out ASAP. Not much content, and minimal checking of any of the setup specs he said were reasonable. I wouldn't normally find it that bad, but it is the only think he has posted so far.
FOS: Wam
If he doesn't post a nice amount within the next day, I'm voting for him.

moody7277

Postby moody7277 » Fri Jul 27, 2018 3:43 am UTC

Bessie, you've got the same 70% or so chance of being town as the rest of these clowns. Then again, Madge's blank declaration in her first post is something I've seen recently, except with LaserGuy calling Sabrar town start of MetaMafia, and we all know how that turned out.

Vicarin

Postby Vicarin » Fri Jul 27, 2018 3:54 am UTC

@moody: ah, so someone making that sort of blanket declaration means you're scum, cool :D

On a more serious note, what do you think of LaserGuy so far, seeing as you've been scum with him recently?

Madge

Postby Madge » Fri Jul 27, 2018 4:09 am UTC

moody7277 wrote:Thanks dimochka.

@Madge- If you really were RPing SDK, you'd have put a vote based off someone's confirm post at the end of that one.

I did have a vote target but didn't want to put too many cards on the table at once:

Vote: Sabrar

Wasn't based on the confirmpost, sorry. You got any ideas why he's in my sights?

@Bessie: do you know why I outed you as town?

@setupspec: not participating, I am completely opting out of trying to understand WoT, and i am not convinced it provides value

@Vicarin: I like Mark, he's been very intelligent.

I think 7-1-1-1-1 could work and could be balanced by having one of the town numbers be a SK backup if an SK is killed too quickly, or something. That's maybe bastard though, so perhaps not. I'm not a setup balancer person so maybe ignore me.
I'm writing a supernatural romance novel, it updates the first weekend of every month. You can find it here.

Vicarin

Postby Vicarin » Fri Jul 27, 2018 4:21 am UTC

@Madge: Uh, could you elaborate on that a bit?

LaserGuy

Postby LaserGuy » Fri Jul 27, 2018 4:33 am UTC

bessie wrote:
moody7277 wrote:So it looks like BoomFrog's got some oracle thing going on. Just remember that an oracle always says the absolute truth, but you only realize it after the fact :P .
Hahahahaha this is so opportunistic, even more so than LaserGuy’s post immediately following (see below).

LaserGuy wrote:Pings me a bit that you responded to the dog part and not the scum part.

I responded to everything I quoted. It was my belief that The Enlightend One would understand the meaning behind my words, though be they obscured in metaphor. I believe the implied meaning is comprehensible for the One that has the gift of second sight. Woof!

So LaserGuy, would you care to elaborate as to why my response pinged you? Feel free to analyze my other content if it will help you make a scum case on me. Or are you and moody just on a small fishing expedition?

I already provided my reason. It's right there in the quote. Mostly I just wanted to poke you to see what would happen, because that's how I try to figure things out in D1. Your post feels very defensive and a bit of an over-reaction.

BoomFrog

Postby BoomFrog » Fri Jul 27, 2018 5:45 am UTC

BoomFrog wrote:

*strokes wise old man beard*

hmm.

Why are you fishing if you are not a fisherman?
"Everything I need to know about parenting I learned from cooking. Don't be afraid to experiment, and eat your mistakes." - Cronos

bessie

Postby bessie » Fri Jul 27, 2018 6:59 am UTC

Mark_Cangila wrote:I think I misunderstood the nuances. I think I understand the reasoning behind his suspicion, and I understand your response. I can explain if anyone wants me to.
Maybe you can explain my response to LaserGuy. He doesn’t get it.

Vicarin wrote:And for the confirmation posts, I thought you'd be happy about the lack of game content and interaction in them, given that you've expressed dislike of those things before.
My objection is not to the content in the confirmation posts. It’s the attitude that confirmation posts don’t count as game content. Conformation posts most certainly count as game content. Anything posted in the game thread counts as game content and is fair game to be analyzed (except RL issues posted for informational purposes). What I don’t like is when someone makes a slip in their confirmation post and then insists that it doesn’t count because they weren’t really playing yet. Haven’t I discussed this before? (sarcasm, yes I have, multiple references available when I have time.)

Mark_Cangila wrote: It reads like him trying to get a post out ASAP. Not much content, and minimal checking of any of the setup specs he said were reasonable. I wouldn't normally find it that bad, but it is the only think he has posted so far.
FOS: Wam
If he doesn't post a nice amount within the next day, I'm voting for him.

In all fairness, wam informed us in advance that he would be away July 21-28 with limited internet, so low content volume is excusable for a couple more days. But I think it’s valid to point out any suspicions you have with the actual content that he has posted.

moody, I think you misunderstand me. I think it is opportunistic for you to declare BoomFrog as the Oracle of Truth right after he had made an unambiguous scum read of me.

Madge wrote:@Bessie: do you know why I outed you as town?
In no particular order:
1. Townie cred. You’re scum and know that you and I are not on the same team. You can claim cop.
2. You really are a cop with a N0 action. Unlikely, you should know better than to reveal a town result so early.
3. You’re mafia/cult and you plan on recruiting me tonight, so want me as a solid town read by everyone.
4. You're town and your win condition depends on my death, just as SDK’s did in Shakespeare, which if true will piss me off to no end. Seriously. I’m getting triggered just thinking about it.
5. You’re my warder/bodyguard. Still doesn’t make outing me a good idea.
6. You hate me and want to ensure I am the night kill.
7. Sabrar poisoned me and I’m going to die tonight anyway.
8. Any one of 10 other reasons I will think of after I post this.

LaserGuy wrote:I already provided my reason. It's right there in the quote. Mostly I just wanted to poke you to see what would happen, because that's how I try to figure things out in D1. Your post feels very defensive and a bit of an over-reaction.
And I pointed out that your reason is invalid, because I did indeed address the scum part of BoomFrog’s post. I was giving you the opportunity to double down if you so desired, and you conveniently did. Interesting that you suspect me for allegedly ignoring BoomFrog for scum reading me, then you still suspect me for going after you for scum reading me.

mpolo

Postby mpolo » Fri Jul 27, 2018 7:47 am UTC

Mark seems to be making a good effort at providing information, and making a lot of posts, which he says is a win condition thing.

My secondary win condition involves having people voting for me at the end of the day and not being lynched (This has to be the case on 2/3 of the days, rounding up, on which I am not lynched). As it's pretty hard to have a vote here at the end of the day without being one of the two primary lynch candidates, I'm just going to throw this out there, in case somebody wants to help me… I just have to become valuable enough to town to get night-killed, I guess.

BoomFrog's oracular statements have things in them that seem to be nuggets of truth, and other things that seem to be invented. I'm wondering if he is someone like Elaida, who claimed to have prophetic abilities, and even did have one or two prophecies, but most of what she prophesized was self-serving. I don't think that he would have been able, game-balance-wise, to get three certain results: 1) that I am really a miller [I tend to believe this one], 2) that there are exactly 3 scum in a team [this is plausible, though I would have expected some divisions among the scum -- not 7-1-1-1-1 necessarily, but 7-2-1-1 or 7-3-1 would have seemed more likely to me.], and 3) that bessie is scum [plausible, but improbable that he would have such a result this soon]. As a result, I have to take everything he says with a lot of salt.
Image <-- Evil experiment

Madge

Postby Madge » Fri Jul 27, 2018 8:05 am UTC

Vicarin wrote:@Madge: Uh, could you elaborate on that a bit?

Nope! I'm SDK! I don't need to :lol:
I'm writing a supernatural romance novel, it updates the first weekend of every month. You can find it here.

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Fri Jul 27, 2018 8:08 am UTC

moody7277 wrote:You also apparently missed where I said that 7-1-1-1 sounded whack.
I didn't miss it. While it's true that you called it whack, I feel that if you had noticed the error you would have pointed it out instead of just dismissing it completely. Rationalizing it afterwards is even more suspicious.
moody7277 wrote:Based on the context, was your idea on independents something like a survivor, 2 unaffiliated SK, and a cult master?
My initial thought was 2 cult, 1 killer, 1 other but later I realized it wouldn't work.

bessie wrote:This is an interesting question, considering BoomFrog changed his avatar about two weeks ago. Did you not notice?
MetaMafia confused the hell out of me with people changing avatars left and right. Tried to learn ignoring them.

BoomFrog wrote:Why are you fishing if you are not a fisherman?
You show me yours and I'll show you mine.

Madge

Postby Madge » Fri Jul 27, 2018 8:12 am UTC

Actually, now I think of it, Bessie might not be town after all.

Did I get her mixed up with you, Sabrar?

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Fri Jul 27, 2018 8:14 am UTC

No, you're roleplaying SDK perfectly, that guy always votes for me the first chance he gets. :)
But yeah, bessie could be easily scum.

Madge

Postby Madge » Fri Jul 27, 2018 8:19 am UTC

I actually meant maybe you're being townie rather than maybe bessie's being scummy. But goes to show I was wrong.

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Fri Jul 27, 2018 8:32 am UTC

Notes so far:
- Vicarin's first post is not exactly helpful. Getting a reserved vibe which would indicate scum.
Vicarin wrote:I sincerely hope this BoomFrog roleplaying is more useful than the woofs were.
This is a strange comment, they are obviously much more helpful if you take the time to consider them.
And this appears to be just random, for the sake of appearances.
- I have two separate reasons to find bessie scummy, unfortunately one of them is pretty weak due to her giving valid reasons for it.
- heury's straight 8-3 spec is weird.
- LaserGuy remains a mystery to me.
- mpolo is probably town (though I don't remember him being scum since Impromptu).
BoomFrog wrote:My secondary desires would do ill to the good among us.
No house divided can stand.
This would fit mpolo's secondary wincon perfectly but I doubt we have multiple of the same.

Best guess at scum is Vicarin, followed by bessie (though there's some serious outside influence as well in that regard) and moody.

Vote: Vicarin

Return to “Mafia”