Wheel of Time 3 - A Divided Sisterhood (N5)

For your simulated organized crime needs.

Moderators: jestingrabbit, Moderators General, Prelates

jimbobmacdoodle

Re: Wheel of Time 3 - A Divided Sisterhood (D1)

Postby jimbobmacdoodle » Wed Aug 01, 2018 12:20 pm UTC

Votals:

Vicarin - 2 (bessie, LaserGuy)
moody7277 - 4 (heuristically_alone, wam, Sabrar, Mark_Cangila)
LaserGuy - 1 (moody7277)
bessie - 1 (Vicarin)
mpolo- 1 (Madge)

Not Voting: BoomFrog, mpolo

11 alive, 6 to lynch. Deadline in a little over 5.5 hours. Countdown timer.
BlitzGirl the Primordial
matthewglen wrote:Cueball looks concerned.

wam

Postby wam » Wed Aug 01, 2018 12:33 pm UTC

Mark_Cangila wrote:Bessie, you mean 7-3-1, right? Your setup spec adds to 10. I'm split between moody, and bessie for that weird conditional post. That seems like the sort of illogical posturing scum would love. However, it seems like moody is the most likely to be lynched, and bessie's meta is to have a high ego in some cases.

Unvote
Vote:Moody

Are you saying you think Bessie is more likely to be scum than Moody? But your going for the common one?

Don't be afraid to standout and go for what you think!
Come join us playing mafia signup here

heuristically_alone

Postby heuristically_alone » Wed Aug 01, 2018 1:28 pm UTC

Wam trying to get Mark on his side, intersting.... wam took his pressure off of me, interesting...

Madge wrote:Anyone want a ter’angreal? Otherwise heury gets it for being the only one who wanted a gift when I offered one. (Everyone else was very conspicuously IGNORING my gift offer so I don't get to do an SDK-like analysis of everyone's reactions).

Hey, they already lost their chance!
Bow gifted by adnapemit.

You can learn to levitate with just a little help.

:idea: = Surprised Cyclops

mpolo

Postby mpolo » Wed Aug 01, 2018 2:07 pm UTC

@Vicarin: my wincon is easy if I spell it out and get people to help me. If I was playing Amy and had to avoid claims, I don't think I'd ever achieve it…

Re-read moody:

Spoiler:
Possibly noticed Sabrar’s mistake. Joke vote. Banter.

BoomFrog Oracle. What would have been 7-1-1-1-1? Bessie is 70% likely to be down. Unusual that Madge declares her town at once.

Surety is for scum. Unvotes. Old game. Bessie: mostly standard, a little defensive. BF town. Heurie town. Laser slightly scummy. Madge no idea. Mark slight town. Mpolo slight town. Sabrar no read. Vicarin slight scummy. Wam insufficient data.

H_a made a syllogism which is treated so. LaserGuy backs heury. Sabrar-LG block. Already convinced he will be lynched. Explains this “back up” argument.

Wam is coming with interesting material. Townie.

Oracles speak truth was a joke. Explains “planned reaction trap”.

Sure of LG and heury scum. Sabrar may only be mislead.

Certainly his participation has tapered off, but I note that he seemed convinced of being lynched back on page four and hasn't tried to make a major defense. This seems, frankly, more likely for a townie than for scum. This early, scum really don't want to be caught if they can help it, an indie has hardly had time to achieve his goals (unless a jester, I suppose). Only a townie with a less than optimal power would be likely to go gentle into that good night at this point. Of course, there is day chat, so there is that.

My time for the game is pretty limited at this point. I have one "slightly scummy" lead. But I really don't think he should be the lynch at this point.

If I have more time, I want to look at LG or heury.
Image <-- Evil experiment

mpolo

Postby mpolo » Wed Aug 01, 2018 2:07 pm UTC

Actually, I guess slightly scummy is better than probably town.

Vote: Vicarin

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Wed Aug 01, 2018 2:14 pm UTC

Vicarin wrote:You can unilaterally declare anything you like, doesn't make it true :P
I expressed the same to bessie several times and it doesn't surprise me at all that others would feel the same way. :lol:

Vicarin wrote:because town DOES have to look out for 'traps' done by other town, or else they're mostly going to catch town,
No, town should simply not fall into traps at all if they act naturally.

Vicarin wrote:@LaserGuy: scum can have a 5 person pileup, yes, but having seen moody get out of pretty much everything in Meta Mafia for quite a while until there were basically no spots left to hide, I don't think he'd be caught this easily D1.
This is a terrible argument. The same way as Madge's playstyle won't grant her invulnerability from a D1 lynch, you cannot say that 'X is too good a player to be caught early, we should never lynch him D1' which is exactly how your statement reads.

Unvote
Vote: Vicarin

jimbobmacdoodle

Postby jimbobmacdoodle » Wed Aug 01, 2018 2:24 pm UTC

Votals:

Vicarin - 4 (bessie, LaserGuy, mpolo, Sabrar)
moody7277 - 3 (heuristically_alone, wam, Mark_Cangila)
LaserGuy - 1 (moody7277)
bessie - 1 (Vicarin)
mpolo- 1 (Madge)

Not Voting: BoomFrog

11 alive, 6 to lynch. Deadline in a little over 3.5 hours. Countdown timer.
BlitzGirl the Primordial

Vicarin

Postby Vicarin » Wed Aug 01, 2018 2:40 pm UTC

Sabrar wrote:No, town should simply not fall into traps at all if they act naturally.

That's assuming that everyone has a good idea of what everyone else's 'acting naturally' is, along with town not really making mistakes pretty much ever. Realistically, they're going to have a decent error rate.

Sabrar wrote:This is a terrible argument. The same way as Madge's playstyle won't grant her invulnerability from a D1 lynch, you cannot say that 'X is too good a player to be caught early, we should never lynch him D1' which is exactly how your statement reads.

Well, I'd say that Madge's playstyle does give her almost immunity to the D1 lynch at this point, so I'd disagree with that part. And you're implying with the 2nd part that moody has been caught completely (like, say, wam in Alien Warfare) when it seemed more like people had been pushing the idea over time that his behavior is scummier than usual, despite not providing terribly large amounts of evidence.

Whatever, guess I need to vote defensively now seeing as I need to sleep soon. Going to be bloody annoyed if I don't get to claim properly before being lynched D1 though.

Unvote: bessie
Vote: moody7277

wam

Postby wam » Wed Aug 01, 2018 2:42 pm UTC

I still think.moody is more likely scum than Vic. So for now I will.leave my vote alone. However I will be on near deadline to tie break if needed.

Ninjad by Vic.

Hmm you might as well just claim.now the way this is going.

moody7277

Postby moody7277 » Wed Aug 01, 2018 3:23 pm UTC

Awful situation to be in, defensively voting against someone I'm mostly sure is town.

Unvote

vote: Vicarin
The story of my life in xkcdmafia:

Tigerlion wrote:Well, I imagine as the game progresses, various people will be getting moody.

BoomFrog wrote:I still have no idea what town moody really looks like.

BoomFrog

Postby BoomFrog » Wed Aug 01, 2018 3:24 pm UTC

Sabrar wrote:@BoomFrog: why are you not voting?

Secret reasons... :D

Madge wrote:Anyone want a ter’angreal?
Assuming it's a useful pro-town thing you should probably not let scum know who has it. So you should give it to a townie read that you secretly decide.

@bessie: I won't have time for a fully explained reads list before deadline, and the relevant question right now is moody vs vic. Real quick though so I can be held accountable:

On the true path
mpolo
Sabrar
Madge
Mark_Cangila
heuristically_alone (aka heury)
Vicarin
wam

bessie
LaserGuy
moody7277
On an ill path
"Everything I need to know about parenting I learned from cooking. Don't be afraid to experiment, and eat your mistakes." - Cronos

BoomFrog

Postby BoomFrog » Wed Aug 01, 2018 3:32 pm UTC

Now to the real topic: Guys, isn't this exactly what happened in Meta Mafia? Vic is aggressive and role-fishy by nature and he gets himself too much flak for erratic behavior D1. I wasn't there to watch it go down, but it seems similar. On the other hand, moody tends to give up when caught as scum. He hasn't tried to get any last minute reads before death or anything. This post was practically a confession from moody:
moody7277 wrote:
heuristically_alone wrote:It's clear that I am making no assumption. Just taking note.

You put something in the form of a syllogism, I'm gonna want to pick it apart like one.

LaserGuy meta-gaming the mod is humourous, but also interesting how he's decided to back up heury.

D2 is probably in time to give the rest of town to make use of my flip. I just want people to keep track of the Sabrar-LG bloc that has all of a sudden crystallized.

Everything he is seeing is from a very self-defensive point of view. The only reason LaserGuy would point out DayChat is to back up heuy's weak point against moody!? And moody never goes further to investigate and back up this LG-Sabrar connection? And most importantly, after only a few pokes of pressure he has already accepted being "lynched D2".

It's possible Vic is scum, but it is much more likely that moody is scum.
"Everything I need to know about parenting I learned from cooking. Don't be afraid to experiment, and eat your mistakes." - Cronos

BoomFrog

Postby BoomFrog » Wed Aug 01, 2018 3:33 pm UTC

Also, Vic is at L-1 so no one hammer.

jimbobmacdoodle

Postby jimbobmacdoodle » Wed Aug 01, 2018 3:48 pm UTC

Votals:

Vicarin - 5 (bessie, LaserGuy, mpolo, Sabrar, moody7277)
moody7277 - 4 (heuristically_alone, wam, Mark_Cangila, Vicarin)
mpolo- 1 (Madge)

Not Voting: BoomFrog

11 alive, 6 to lynch. Deadline in a little over 2 hours. Countdown timer.

Note that as per the tied voting rules, if a Vicarin voter were to unvote at this point, Vicarin would still be lynched, as both moody7277 and Vicarin will be on 4 votes each, with Vicarin having been the first to reach this point.
BlitzGirl the Primordial

Vicarin

Postby Vicarin » Wed Aug 01, 2018 4:07 pm UTC

Yeah, with those tie rules, I need to claim, no matter what, seeing as there's basically no chance Madge is going to be on to change her vote, and BoomFrog isn't enough to change the result. Ugh.

I'm Berana Shemon, Aes Sedai of the White Ajah. I can use my logical abilities to determine whether the people around me are town or non-town, one person each night. I've already explained my second wincon, it's because I'm prideful and want to be right about my early choices.

I dun goofed this up pretty hard apparently. Hopefully 2 hours is enough to fix this.

Now, to sleep, seeing as it's 2AM here...

wam

Postby wam » Wed Aug 01, 2018 4:10 pm UTC

Given that boom shouldn't you be voting.

Ninjad again by Vic will read through

LaserGuy

Postby LaserGuy » Wed Aug 01, 2018 4:11 pm UTC

Unvote
Vote: moody

wam

Postby wam » Wed Aug 01, 2018 4:21 pm UTC

BoomFrog wrote: Vic is aggressive and role-fishy by nature and he gets himself too much flak for erratic behavior D1. .

This sums up what I was thinking about vics previous post. I was wavering between frustrated town and defensive scum. I think it's frustrated townie.

As to the claim. I have no reason to disbelieve it. And based on the claim the risk is too high to lynch him today.

bessie

Postby bessie » Wed Aug 01, 2018 4:22 pm UTC

Vicarin wrote: @bessie: Instead of being coy about what you guess for setup details, how about a reads list? Or at least an ordered list for town-scum?
Oh asking me to do something I’m already doing so that appears to everyone else that you are taking charge. Oh this never happens to me like every single day at work.
viewtopic.php?p=4377727#p4377727
viewtopic.php?p=4377728#p4377728
viewtopic.php?p=4377737#p4377737

Vicarin wrote:so I have no idea how your logic is supposed to flow.
You can ask Sabrar he understands it perfectly.
[this is a total joke for those of you out there that don’t get my odd sense of humor]

Vicarin wrote:You really need to think about the possibility that you're wrong, instead of just blindly assuming you're right. If you spend the entire day with people like that, please entertain the at least remote possibility that it has rubbed off on you?
You’re welcome to do some analysis of my content if you want to try to prove otherwise. But don’t waste your time. I think about the possibility of being wrong all the time. I rarely make meta or behavioral or gut reads, and when I do I am quite uncomfortable about it. I gather my thoughts, write things out, try to build a case [I’m a quality engineer in RL]. I’m not always right. But I present all my work in my posts for others to pick through and prove me wrong if they wish.

Mark_Cangila wrote:Bessie, you mean 7-3-1, right? Your setup spec adds to 10. I'm split between moody, and bessie for that weird conditional post. That seems like the sort of illogical posturing scum would love. However, it seems like moody is the most likely to be lynched, and bessie's meta is to have a high ego in some cases.

wam wrote:Are you saying you think Bessie is more likely to be scum than Moody? But your going for the common one?

Don't be afraid to standout and go for what you think!
Mark, I agree with wam, and if there were more time I support that you should go with what you think. However, there’s also an end of day strategy that needs to be considered. It’s not good to spread the vote out too much in the last few hours. Hmm, I wish we had some time to discuss this. Perhaps D2. If I’m not here, ask Madge (or probably anyone) what she thinks about this. I suggested Madge because she’s good at explaining things to newbies.

Sabrar wrote:
Vicarin wrote:You can unilaterally declare anything you like, doesn't make it true :P
I expressed the same to bessie several times and it doesn't surprise me at all that others would feel the same way. :lol:
Are you sure? I think it’s the other way around. :P

I don’t believe in self preservation votes. This is a thing with me. Oodles of examples would be given but I was out of time an hour ago. FoS Vicarin, moody.

If moody is lynched, lynch Vicarin tomorrow. Vicarin is not town.

BoomFrog

Postby BoomFrog » Wed Aug 01, 2018 4:30 pm UTC

@Vic target Madge tonight, that should be able to confirm you if my guess about her power is right.

BoomFrog

Postby BoomFrog » Wed Aug 01, 2018 4:31 pm UTC

Other cops should not target Madge tonight.

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Wed Aug 01, 2018 4:41 pm UTC

Unvote

Still at work, will check the rest later.

jimbobmacdoodle

Postby jimbobmacdoodle » Wed Aug 01, 2018 4:58 pm UTC

Votals:

Vicarin - 3 (bessie, mpolo, moody7277)
moody7277 - 5 (heuristically_alone, wam, Mark_Cangila, Vicarin, LaserGuy)
mpolo - 1 (Madge)

Not Voting: BoomFrog, Sabrar

11 alive, 6 to lynch. Deadline in approximately 1 hour. Countdown timer.
BlitzGirl the Primordial

BoomFrog

Postby BoomFrog » Wed Aug 01, 2018 4:58 pm UTC

So... I think the moody lunch is clinched. And it turns out my bonus win is achievable without hurting town. My bonus win is for having a tie vote while I'm alive. I thought that would cause a no lynch which is why I said it was anti-town. But... I still don't want to use my vote for other reasons.

So this is probably too last minute but we can try without risk. Sabrar revotes for Vic. That makes him the last one to reach 4 votes. Then ONLY AFTER that has happened, someone voting moody can unvote and let it be a tie at 4-4 but moody is lynched.

Thanks. :)

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Wed Aug 01, 2018 5:00 pm UTC

So moody is at L-1 and should be the lynch today. I'm unlikely to be around deadline but luckiky it shouldn't matter.

Ninja'd.

Don't like BF's plan, too much risk for little gain.

moody7277

Postby moody7277 » Wed Aug 01, 2018 5:20 pm UTC

Better to sacrifice a knight than have your queen taken. I also agree BoomFrog's secondary win needs too many shenanigans.
The story of my life in xkcdmafia:

Tigerlion wrote:Well, I imagine as the game progresses, various people will be getting moody.

BoomFrog wrote:I still have no idea what town moody really looks like.

BoomFrog

Postby BoomFrog » Wed Aug 01, 2018 5:22 pm UTC

Fair enough...

heuristically_alone

Postby heuristically_alone » Wed Aug 01, 2018 5:29 pm UTC

But if shenanigans do occur, we'll likely know who caused the shenanigans and can vote them the next day.

I have this paranoid fear in the back of my mind that Sabrar and Bessie could be scum team.

Scum Chat:
Sabrar: I'm going to mess up my set up spec. Make sure not to notice the mistake so I can accuse you and therefore distance ourselves.
Bessie: What a great plan! I am madly in love with your diabolical mischievous mind.

I'm still leaning town for both of them. It just worries me a little that they were both voting Vicarin rather than moody.
Bow gifted by adnapemit.

You can learn to levitate with just a little help.

:idea: = Surprised Cyclops

mpolo

Postby mpolo » Wed Aug 01, 2018 6:01 pm UTC

BoomFrog's point about moody giving up -- I don't remember him acting that way, but then I dropped out for a few months. If it's the case, then I will accept the moody lynch. Not that I could do much about it.

A ter'angreal gives the use of a specific power. Game-balance-wise, I presume that it will be a one-shot. As such, I doubt that anyone objects to receiving one. Unless it's an a'dam, of course (submits the will of the recipient to the will of a controller). I think that a'dams are rather unlikely here, as they were almost exclusively used by another race that isn't around.

dimochka
Location: A few different places->NYC->LA->NYC. He/Him/His please.

Postby dimochka » Wed Aug 01, 2018 6:07 pm UTC

Deadline has been reached. Please do not post in thread until the start of D2. I'll let our mod post any relevant outcomes and flavor.

Edit: To allow for any potential night actions / chat to process, confirming that moody7277 has been lynched.
If you're curious about the origin of my avatar, google "Cheburashka".

jimbobmacdoodle

Postby jimbobmacdoodle » Wed Aug 01, 2018 7:04 pm UTC

Night 1: An Embassy is Sent

The young Amyrlin sat in her makeshift office staring through the window on the opposite side of the room from where she was sitting, watching as the darkness fell, slowly plunging the village into greater darkness than the surrounding trees already caused. She bent over to read more of the endless reports, only to realise that it was too dark to read. A quick weave soon resolved that as the candle stubs scattered around the room lit up in a brief blaze before settling down to a more normal level.

Her thoughts turned from one threat to another. There was so much for an Amyrlin to keep track of that it was almost impossible to deal with, and that was without the plotting of Sisters within their own ranks to deal with. The latest report from Sheriam lay in front of her, her words detailing the day’s events in the little room where her investigative band had been meeting. It appeared that many of the members of the team were conflicted, but the general consensus had turned to one individual amongst the group who couldn’t be trusted anymore.

Egwene leant back in her chair thinking about the problem. It would be unseemly to put someone on trial with such little evidence, but it would also be foolish to ignore such suspicions, and would likely lead to the whole investigation falling apart if something weren’t done soon.

After a few minutes, her gaze wandered to another of the reports sat awaiting her perusal. It was a report on the financial state of the rebellion. Things weren’t desperate yet, but money needed to be found. A smile crossed her lips as an idea came to her. A few minutes later, the woman in question was stood before the Amyrlin, a novice having escorted her there.

“I have a special mission for you. Go to the towns in Andor, and seek out the nobles in charge of paying the White Tower tribute. If you can persuade them that we should be given the funds, instead of them going to Elaida’s purse, it would be a great help to our cause. You will leave immediately.”

“But what about the investigation? I know I was not liked there, but surely if you trust me with this mission, you would trust me to continue seeking out the traitors among us?” the older woman replied.

“I will handle it, do not worry. The remainder will likely work better on the task without you. Go, you are to leave within the hour.”

moody has been sent away from Salidar and is “dead”.

Day End Votals:

Vicarin - 3 (bessie, mpolo, moody7277)
moody7277 - 5 (heuristically_alone, wam, Mark_Cangila, Vicarin, LaserGuy)
mpolo - 1 (Madge)

Not Voting: BoomFrog, Sabrar

It is now Night. Please send in your night actions. Night deadline is 6pm UTC, Friday the 3rd of August.

BlitzGirl the Primordial

jimbobmacdoodle

Re: Wheel of Time 3 - A Divided Sisterhood (Pregame)

Postby jimbobmacdoodle » Sat Aug 04, 2018 12:03 am UTC

Day 2: Stillness Descends

Egwene woke with a start, to the touch of her handmaid, Meri. She’d obviously been having one of her more troubled Dreaming moments, as her memory of the night had disappeared and it was clear from the look on Meri’s face that she had been trying to wake her up for some time.

The young woman allowed the older servant to help with her ablutions. There was nothing quite like a basin of cold water to wake oneself up. Following that, she donned her garments, wondering once more as she did so at how she had ended up in the situation she was in. It was not all that long ago that she had been helping her father attend tables in the inn back in the Two Rivers. Sometimes, she wished that things were that simple.

Once she was ready, Egwene sent Meri off to find Sheriam, to provide the morning report, whilst she settled herself down at her desk in the front room. Soon enough, the Keeper was stood before her once more. Much of the morning report was the same old dry things, and Egwene found herself not paying much attention to the Sister’s report, until the topic turned back to the ongoing investigation she had put together.

“...a number of the group and I went through the belongings that Theodrin left behind. Being only recently raised to the shawl, and having been sent on that embassy last night, we didn’t expect to find much, and indeed we didn’t find anything that suggested she was anything but loyal to you,” the Blue Sister’s report concluded.

“Very well,” replied the Amyrlin. “Inform the rest of our investigators what you have found out, and continue the day’s hunt. Report back to me at sunset, like yesterday.”

Moody was lynched.

Role PM:
Spoiler:
You are Theodrin Dabei, Aes Sedai of the Brown Ajah. In your time as a wilder, you developed several techniques for tracking people’s actions, and with the help of the One Power, your abilities have only increased. You have the ability to Track another player each night. Please PM the mods the name of your target. You will be informed of anybody they target that night. However, using the Power to do this is exhausting, and so you may not use it on consecutive nights.

Primary Win Condition: You are a member of Town. You win when all threats to the Town have been eliminated, and at least one Town aligned player remains alive.

Secondary Win Condition: Researcher: You begin the game with a ter’angreal. At night, the current bearer must pass on this item in order to aid your studies. Each night, including N0 during the confirmation phase, the bearer must choose a target to pass the item to. You win if the bearer is lynched, as long as you are still alive. You do not win if you are lynched whilst holding it. As the item is linked to you, you will always be informed of who currently holds the item.

It is now Day 2. Deadline will be Wednesday evening next week. Exact time TBC, but likely similar to this week's.

Votals:

Not voting: Everybody

With 10 alive, it takes 6 to lynch.
BlitzGirl the Primordial

Madge

Re: Wheel of Time 3 - A Divided Sisterhood (D2)

Postby Madge » Sat Aug 04, 2018 12:09 am UTC

Oh, thanks moody. I was thinking someone gave me the terangreal because they wanted me to have EXCITEMENT for D1, but nooooo, it was because of my scummy meta.

Vicarin, please claim your cop result on me asap so we can get past this "madge is scum get her" stage
I'm writing a supernatural romance novel, it updates the first weekend of every month. You can find it here.

bessie

Postby bessie » Sat Aug 04, 2018 1:07 am UTC

Madge, can you confirm that you were visited last night by a cop and/or Vicarin?

Madge

Postby Madge » Sat Aug 04, 2018 1:08 am UTC

I'd rather Vic claim first.
I'm writing a supernatural romance novel, it updates the first weekend of every month. You can find it here.

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Sat Aug 04, 2018 3:43 am UTC

So there goes my vote-analysis, I was confident that moody was scum and wanted to determine at which point he gave permission for his buddies to bus him. Would have been nice to have a couple of confirmed players right from the start.

bessie

Postby bessie » Sat Aug 04, 2018 4:11 am UTC

And so, that’s that, you can’t do another vote analysis?

We will have someone confirmed. As soon as Vicarin posts.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Sat Aug 04, 2018 4:18 am UTC

Vote-analysis only helps if we have a confirmed scum amongst the mix as I'm sure you're aware. :roll:

Vicarin

Postby Vicarin » Sat Aug 04, 2018 4:19 am UTC

Well, it's simple enough. I didnt trust Madge enough to target someone saying 'hey, everyone target me please :wink: ', so I checked my strongest scum read.

And lo and behold, bessie ain't town.

Vote: bessie

Want to claim anything bessie?

I also received something else that doesn't seem terribly useful, but oh well.

I'm in the middle of a Netrunner tournament right now so I'll still be away for a couple of hours. Be back after to see what bessie makes up.

LaserGuy

Postby LaserGuy » Sat Aug 04, 2018 4:28 am UTC

Have reason to believe that claim is probably true.

Vote: bessie

Return to “Mafia”