Wheel of Time 3 - A Divided Sisterhood (N5)

For your simulated organized crime needs.

Moderators: jestingrabbit, Moderators General, Prelates

heuristically_alone

Re: Wheel of Time 3 - A Divided Sisterhood (D2)

Postby heuristically_alone » Wed Aug 08, 2018 7:43 pm UTC

LaserGuy, I didnt see you take a vote off wam. If you vote no lynch now that will be the winning vote.
Bow gifted by adnapemit.

You can learn to levitate with just a little help.

:idea: = Surprised Cyclops

heuristically_alone

Postby heuristically_alone » Wed Aug 08, 2018 7:45 pm UTC

LaserGuy wrote:My guess is scum RB safeclaim.

Protecting me N1 doesn't make sense. I wasn't a likely NK target and wasn't a strong townread for wam; blocking me N1 doesn't make sense either for Town!wam because he wasn't scumreading me either.

Which is why it's a shame that we dont have time to wait for a RB counterclaim. So no lynch I think is best bet. Also, if wam if scum with a safe claim, I think that clears bessie and vicarin.
Bow gifted by adnapemit.

wam

Postby wam » Wed Aug 08, 2018 7:46 pm UTC

Unofficial Votals:

bessie - 1 (Vicarin)
Vicarin - 2 (bessie, Mark_Cangila)
wam - 2 (Sabrar, LaserGuy)
No lynch - 2 (huery, wam)

Not Voting: BoomFrog, Madge, mpolo

10 alive, 6 to lynch. Deadline 8pm UTC Wednesday evening (approx 9.5 hours time).
Come join us playing mafia signup here

LaserGuy

Postby LaserGuy » Wed Aug 08, 2018 7:50 pm UTC

heuristically_alone wrote:LaserGuy, I didnt see you take a vote off wam. If you vote no lynch now that will be the winning vote.

I wasn't planning on unvoting him. I'm not sure if I want to No Lynch at this point because the way that this has happened seems very shady to me.

Also, if wam if scum with a safe claim, I think that clears bessie and vicarin.

Even if we lynched wam, there's no guarantee that we would know that scum were given safe claims. Regardless, claiming Town jailer as scum RB is completely standard play even if scum have no safe claims.

jimbobmacdoodle

Postby jimbobmacdoodle » Wed Aug 08, 2018 7:51 pm UTC

Votals:

bessie - 1 (Vicarin)
wam - 2 (Sabrar, LaserGuy)
No Lynch - 2 (heuristically_alone, wam)

10 alive, 6 to lynch. Deadline 8pm UTC Wednesday evening (approx 10 minutes time). Deadline counter.

As per the rules, tied votals will result in whoever reached 2 votes first being lynched. I'm on my phone, so can't check this easily, but if wam reached 2 first, then went to 3, then back to 2, he would be lynched etc.
BlitzGirl the Primordial
matthewglen wrote:Cueball looks concerned.

heuristically_alone

Postby heuristically_alone » Wed Aug 08, 2018 7:53 pm UTC

LaserGuy wrote:My guess is scum RB safeclaim.

Protecting me N1 doesn't make sense. I wasn't a likely NK target and wasn't a strong townread for wam; blocking me N1 doesn't make sense either for Town!wam because he wasn't scumreading me either.

LaserGuy wrote:Will be switching my vote to Vicarin at deadline if there isn't a clear leader.

So do you think vicarin/wam scum team?

Also if we aren't no lynching, Im switching back to wam.
Bow gifted by adnapemit.

LaserGuy

Postby LaserGuy » Wed Aug 08, 2018 7:54 pm UTC

I'm liking Vic/wam as scum, yes.

LaserGuy

Postby LaserGuy » Wed Aug 08, 2018 7:57 pm UTC

I guess I'm deciding the lynch then.

heuristically_alone

Postby heuristically_alone » Wed Aug 08, 2018 7:59 pm UTC

unvote
Vote: wam
Bow gifted by adnapemit.

heuristically_alone

Postby heuristically_alone » Wed Aug 08, 2018 7:59 pm UTC

Even if vicarin were scum too, wouldnt the rb want to be the role you get rid of?
Bow gifted by adnapemit.

LaserGuy

Postby LaserGuy » Wed Aug 08, 2018 8:00 pm UTC

Yes, but I couldn't push the lynch to wam since I'm already voting him.

jimbobmacdoodle

Postby jimbobmacdoodle » Wed Aug 08, 2018 8:01 pm UTC

That's deadline! wam has been lynched. Day end flavour to follow. Night has begun.
BlitzGirl the Primordial

jimbobmacdoodle

Postby jimbobmacdoodle » Wed Aug 08, 2018 8:28 pm UTC

Night 2: Disputations

The day’s events in the council meeting had certainly taken their toll on a number of the Sisters who filed out of the room as dusk fell. Each of the women present had had plenty to say yet even a lesser consensus was hard to come by on what to do next. Many said that they had clear evidence for one or other of the group being a traitor, whilst a few sat quietly chiming in only every so often.

Sheriam mused about just how impressive it was that two members of the group claimed things that seemed to contradict one another. Of course, outright lying was out of the question, but it was straightforward enough to bend the truth so that it might as well achieve the same, if not worse. Whether that was the case in this situation would need to be resolved later.

Some of the Sisters present had even made a compelling argument to take no immediate action and to wait and see what new evidence would present itself as everybody continued their own private work. However, this hadn’t swung many over in the end.

The Keeper, placed in charge of the chairing the council in the Amyrlin’s absence, was about to call a halt to the proceedings when a furious conversation picked up. She was hesitant to call an end to it, but she had to, and anyway, a small group appeared to win out and called for the expulsion of one member.

“I am agreement with these Sisters that you must be separated from this council immediately,” the Blue Sister said. “In the days to come, you may have a chance to prove that you are loyal to our Mother, but for now, under the Amyrlin’s authority, I am commanding you to confine yourself to your quarters. You would do well to remain there until you are allowed to leave.”

With that, the group dispersed.

wam has been expelled from the council and is “dead”.

Day End Votals:

bessie - 1 (Vicarin)
wam - 3 (Sabrar, LaserGuy, heuristically_alone)
No Lynch - 1 (wam)

It is now Night. Please send in your night actions. Night deadline is 8pm UTC, Friday the 10th of August.

BlitzGirl the Primordial

jimbobmacdoodle

Re: Wheel of Time 3 - A Divided Sisterhood (N2)

Postby jimbobmacdoodle » Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:29 pm UTC

Day 3: Two Leaders

Egwene walked into the building containing her makeshift office. A novice sat on a stool as always, waiting for instruction, and hurried to her feet to make a curtsy as the Amyrlin walked past. Egwene nodded to the young girl before making her way into her study to review the morning reports.
She stopped abruptly. The usual stack of morning papers were not sat on her desk. That was not like Sheriam. Her Keeper was always up and ready before her. Something was odd. She turned around and walked back out, startling the novice (Ibrella was it?) who had obviously not been expecting her to re-emerge so quickly.

“Child, have you seen Sheriam Sedai this morning?” Egwene asked the girl.

“No Mother, I have not,” she responded, voice trembling slightly.

“And nobody else has entered my office since you’ve been here?”

“No Mother.”

Hmm… she thought to herself. That was not like her at all. She walked down the hallway to the neighbouring room where the Blue Sister had a makeshift office. It was empty.

Egwene was getting concerned. Her gut told her that something was amiss. Sheriam had been in charge of the investigating council, and if anybody wanted to disrupt things, she would be the clear one to target. It was only the night before that the woman had reported that it appeared they’d made a small breakthrough in their investigation, and that it was believed that Romanda Sedai, one of the senior Sitters had been plotting to force Egwene to her bidding, after being outmaneuvered in the Hall. Egwene had hoped that Sheriam would report back that morning, following additional questioning surrounding the Yellow Sister to confirm it, but if something had happened to her…

Novices scurried out of her way, as the Amyrlin hurried between buildings to the one where Sheriam’s quarters were, Ibrella trailing behind her. A quick weave confirmed that the older woman’s wards were still in place around her room, so Egwene cancelled them out, before hurrying in. Sheriam lay on her bed, apparently fast asleep.

Shaking her didn’t wake her however. Egwene was getting nervous now, but let out a small sigh of relief when she saw the Keeper’s chest rise and fall.

“Go, quickly, find Nynaeve Sedai,” Egwene barked to the novice stood in the doorway behind her. “Now!”

Her skills with Healing were not the greatest, and she thought it best to wait until her former Wise Woman got to her.

A minute later, the Yellow Sister burst into the room, her Healing weaves already forming so fast that Egwene could barely follow them. After a few moments, they retracted.

“She’s not unwell, or injured, as far as I can tell,” Nynaeve said. “I don’t know what I can do. I think she must have been drugged, but possibly not in a normal way. Perhaps forkroot? If so, we’ll just have to wait for her to come back around, but we should find the source quickly.”

Looking around, the two sisters saw a jug of water, and a cup sat on the small chest that doubled up as a nightstand. Nynaeve cussed as she smelt it.

“It’s forkroot, that’s for certain, and quite a strong dose too, I reckon. She could be out for days!”

This was not good, Egwene thought to herself. She made her way back to where the investigative council would be meeting, leaving Nynaeve to do what she could for Sheriam.

On her arrival, she informed the Sisters of the situation, and asked about Romanda: “Has anything been found out about her?”

“Yes, Mother” one replied, “but nothing drastically incriminating that she’s a true traitor to you. We asked around, and several Sisters had heard how she’d wanted to try to put a complete halt to this investigation. It’s probably best that she’s no longer a part of our team.”

“Very well. Daughters, you may proceed as you were before. But take precautions. We do not know what the traitors may be up to.”

wam was lynched.

Role PM:
Spoiler:
You are Romanda Cassin, Aes Sedai of the Yellow Ajah. You have a lot of influence with the Aes Sedai here, and so can easily distract them to focus on other things. Each night, you may PM the mod a target player, and the name of another player. Your target’s action will be redirected onto the other player (if possible). In addition, your knowledge of Healing means that you are easily able to ensure that any injury or similar cannot be healed as well. If you perform the faction kill, it cannot be prevented.

Primary Win Condition: You are a member of Romanda’s faction, with <redacted>. You win when your faction controls the votals, or nothing can prevent that from happening.

Secondary Win Condition: Lyncher: Your target is BoomFrog. You win if that player is lynched whilst you are still alive. You do not win if that player dies during the night.
Heuristically_alone was “killed” during the night and is dead.

Role PM:
Spoiler:
You are Sheriam Bayanar, Keeper of the Chronicles, and Aes Sedai of the Blue Ajah. You are also a member of the Black Ajah, and although your loyalty to them is not important to the mission at this time, those who pry deeply into you will see you to not be truly loyal to the Aes Sedai’s cause. You will appear as non-Town to any cop-like powers. However, as Egwene the Amyrlin trusts you, you will be given the assignment given to another Aes Sedai, should they become incapacitated. You are a Town Backup. The first time a town member dies, you will gain their ability (note: not all abilities may be gained this way - if such a player dies first, you will gain the abilities of the next player).

Primary Win Condition: You are a member of Town. You win when all threats to the Town have been eliminated, and at least one Town aligned player remains alive.

Secondary Win Condition: Vain: You win if you are never the first person each Day you are alive to have two votes on you simultaneously.
It is now Day 3. Deadline will be Wednesday evening next week. Exact time TBC, but likely similar to this week's.

Votals:

Not voting: Everybody

With 8 alive, it takes 5 to lynch.
BlitzGirl the Primordial

LaserGuy

Re: Wheel of Time 3 - A Divided Sisterhood (D3)

Postby LaserGuy » Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:14 pm UTC

Interesting.

Vic and bessie please claim results.

LaserGuy

Postby LaserGuy » Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:17 pm UTC

Also, mpolo please claim flavor.

Vicarin

Postby Vicarin » Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:56 pm UTC

Heh, well, guess I got my 2nd wincon after all.

Ok, seeing as I didn't target Madge, and I'm pretty much screwed anyway, I guess I may as well spill it all. Not as if I can keep this up much longer vs all these abilities.

I'm the 2nd member of wam's faction, and I'm a rolecop, not a cop (good on everyone who guessed that correctly). I've been trying to work out how the hell this game is balanced, seeing as we only had 2 members vs a ton of town PRs. I think that there's a cult leader in a 8-2-1, who presumably has 2 recruits by now. Seeing as there's only 8 people, if you lynch me, I'm pretty sure town loses, so I'd be very careful about anyone rushing to vote me immediately :P

Hopefully we can have a working arrangement and keep my rapidly diminishing hope for winning this game alive for slightly longer? If anyone's got any specific questions, I'd like them soonish, I'm going to be very busy tomorrow and Monday.

(Goddamn it wam why'd you have to go and get lynched before I could bring bessie down with me, strongman would be so damn useful right now...)

Madge

Postby Madge » Sat Aug 11, 2018 1:06 am UTC

well, that's unexpected.

could vic be a jester? I don't think now is the time for scum claim.

@vic: if you are now rolecop friend of town, who did you target last night and what was the result, and exactly what result did you get on bessie N1?
I'm writing a supernatural romance novel, it updates the first weekend of every month. You can find it here.

bessie

Postby bessie » Sat Aug 11, 2018 1:51 am UTC

I have a town result on LaserGuy.

Vicarin wrote:(Goddamn it wam why'd you have to go and get lynched before I could bring bessie down with me, strongman would be so damn useful right now...)
So you want me dead why didn’t you kill me? You don’t need a strongman.

Madge wrote: could vic be a jester? I don't think now is the time for scum claim.
I highly doubt he’s a jester, but you’re right in that I think this is an odd claim. He might be covering for a possible #3.

I have no doubt that Vicarin and wam are teammates. I wrote up why and put it in the Gojoe thread. I can post it here, or you can read my page 16 content and it should be clear. Vicarin betrayed the partnership by not pointing it out himself.

I didn’t do any other analysis overnight because I was sure I would be the night kill.

LaserGuy

Postby LaserGuy » Sat Aug 11, 2018 3:24 am UTC

bessie wrote:I have a town result on LaserGuy.

Aw, thanks :)

Vicarin wrote:I'm the 2nd member of wam's faction, and I'm a rolecop, not a cop (good on everyone who guessed that correctly). I've been trying to work out how the hell this game is balanced, seeing as we only had 2 members vs a ton of town PRs. I think that there's a cult leader in a 8-2-1, who presumably has 2 recruits by now. Seeing as there's only 8 people, if you lynch me, I'm pretty sure town loses, so I'd be very careful about anyone rushing to vote me immediately :P

Who did you rolecop? Did you guys shoot Sabrar N1?

BoomFrog

Postby BoomFrog » Sat Aug 11, 2018 3:28 am UTC

And why'd you kill heauy?
"Everything I need to know about parenting I learned from cooking. Don't be afraid to experiment, and eat your mistakes." - Cronos

LaserGuy

Postby LaserGuy » Sat Aug 11, 2018 3:29 am UTC

I think cult/mafia is unlikely in a game this small. I do see a possibility of a second faction from flavor though.

Vicarin

Postby Vicarin » Sat Aug 11, 2018 3:43 am UTC

Hmmmmm, I feel like answering some of these.

I killed h_a because I thought he was a roleblocker, and that I couldn't win after claiming if he was around (cause I'm not a strongman and all). Clearly, I was mistaken.

I think I'll just let people speculate over who I rolecopped, this should be funny.

I shot Sabrar N1. It should be clear why, now. Rather annoyingly he survived, but oh well. Suspect that he's some sort of commuter rather than just bulletproof though.

I wanted bessie to get lynched yesterday, and then for me to get lynched the day after, revealing my 2nd wincon and then having people think that there was NO WAY that I'd be assigned to kill my own scummate as a 2nd wincon. But that all went to hell, so here we are. Outright killing bessie wasn't going to achieve much.

Mark_Cangila

Postby Mark_Cangila » Sat Aug 11, 2018 3:45 am UTC

I'm currently very wary of Madge. FOS: Madge for now

LaserGuy

Postby LaserGuy » Sat Aug 11, 2018 3:47 am UTC

That's very interesting.

LaserGuy

Postby LaserGuy » Sat Aug 11, 2018 3:50 am UTC

@Mark, did you target Madge and get No Result?

Vicarin

Postby Vicarin » Sat Aug 11, 2018 3:51 am UTC

I strongly suspect Mark has the same restriction moody had, so I wouldn't expect much.

Mark_Cangila

Postby Mark_Cangila » Sat Aug 11, 2018 4:00 am UTC

It is related to my power. I may as well claim my result. Madge targeted Bessie N2, and target Vic N1. I don't like that at all.

LaserGuy

Postby LaserGuy » Sat Aug 11, 2018 4:05 am UTC

I can see why that might trouble you. I need to think about this.

Vicarin

Postby Vicarin » Sat Aug 11, 2018 4:05 am UTC

You can watch someone every night? Interesting.

Does anyone want to own up to targeting Madge N1 so we know how she targeted bessie?

LaserGuy

Postby LaserGuy » Sat Aug 11, 2018 4:09 am UTC

@Vic: What sort of safe claims were you given?

Vicarin

Postby Vicarin » Sat Aug 11, 2018 4:09 am UTC

Ha, I WISH we were given safe claims.

bessie

Postby bessie » Sat Aug 11, 2018 5:12 am UTC

LaserGuy wrote:Aw, thanks :)
Thank the RNG.

Vicarin wrote:I shot Sabrar N1. It should be clear why, now.
It’s not clear at all. Why Sabrar, why not me? I was the one attacking you, and wam could have told you I would never never let up. Sabrar unvoted after your claim, so there was a chance he would believe you.

Fish bowls at end of D2:

Sunfish
bessie
Mark_Cangila
LaserGuy
Madge
BoomFrog

Moonfish
Vicarin
Sabrar
wam
heuristically_alone

Jellyfish
mpolo

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Sat Aug 11, 2018 5:22 am UTC

So wam not being RB is an issue. I got a flavor-text last night telling me that someone was keeping me up all night, just asking questions. No bolded result, guess this could be a roleblock attempt from a loud RB?
'Kill' flavour matches what I got N1 so we can probably safely conclude only 1 killing faction.
@BoomFrog: scum had Strongman. Updated hypothesis please.

Vicarin

Re: Wheel of Time 3 - A Divided Sisterhood (D1)

Postby Vicarin » Sat Aug 11, 2018 5:23 am UTC

Sabrar wrote:@BoomFrog: why are you not voting?

I'm fine with either Vicarin or moody. Should be able to check in close to deadline to break any ties.

Sabrar wrote:
Vicarin wrote:@Sabrar: If you had to choose a 3rd person to lynch, who would it be?
Still wam.

LaserGuy

Postby LaserGuy » Sat Aug 11, 2018 5:49 am UTC

Sabrar wrote:So wam not being RB is an issue. I got a flavor-text last night telling me that someone was keeping me up all night, just asking questions. No bolded result, guess this could be a roleblock attempt from a loud RB?

That's consistent with my N1 result.

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Sat Aug 11, 2018 6:09 am UTC

FoS: mpolo

for that miller-claim

mpolo

Postby mpolo » Sat Aug 11, 2018 6:56 am UTC

My role PM is very similar to heury's. However, mine does not explicitly say that I will cop as non-town. As such, my guess that I might be a miller appears to be false.

I find it interesting that wam was not a "true traitor", despite being in a different faction than town. That strongly implies a third faction.

I need to read the rest of the end of D2 before I can really go into this.
Image <-- Evil experiment

LaserGuy

Postby LaserGuy » Sat Aug 11, 2018 7:05 am UTC

@Vic: Who was redirected N1?

Vicarin

Postby Vicarin » Sat Aug 11, 2018 7:06 am UTC

I'm sure you can work it out from what I said.

Return to “Mafia”