Wams chaos game day 5

For your simulated organized crime needs.

Moderators: jestingrabbit, Moderators General, Prelates

Vicarin

Re: Wams chaos game day 1

Postby Vicarin » Thu Sep 06, 2018 3:10 pm UTC

@Mark: Also, that logic doesn't quite work. Jesters who die without being lynched typically lose, so having a Jester by itself isn't ruled out by the wincon. Would be pretty bastardy requiring a NK to take them out for town to win, but hey, it's possible I guess. Just unlikely.

@BoomFrog: well, I'd move it to mpolo, but we've kind of got a logjam there. You have any particular issue to my vote being parked on you right now? Also, what implications am I not thinking through?

Eh, guess you're not outright claiming scum anymore.

Unvote

@somitomi: hoping for some more content, who's your 3 scummiest right now?

plytho
¡This cheese is burning me!

Postby plytho » Thu Sep 06, 2018 3:15 pm UTC

This unvote is weird.
Pronouns: he him his
Avatar: The High Frontier by Angus McKie

Vicarin

Postby Vicarin » Thu Sep 06, 2018 3:17 pm UTC

I'm a mystery wrapped in an enigma.

BoomFrog

Postby BoomFrog » Thu Sep 06, 2018 3:40 pm UTC

Vicarin wrote:@BoomFrog: well, I'd move it to mpolo, but we've kind of got a logjam there. You have any particular issue to my vote being parked on you right now? Also, what implications am I not thinking through?

Eh, guess you're not outright claiming scum anymore.

Unvote
Vicarin wrote:I'm a mystery wrapped in an enigma.
Let's add some clarity then.

Did you vote me because you thought I was scum? Did you unvote because you think I'm not scum? At what point did you change your mind?
"Everything I need to know about parenting I learned from cooking. Don't be afraid to experiment, and eat your mistakes." - Cronos

Mark_Cangila

Postby Mark_Cangila » Thu Sep 06, 2018 3:44 pm UTC

Didn't think of that Vicarin. Still is VERY bastardy, and still a tad scummy for Mpolo. Why would he encourage lynching Sabrar then?

moody7277

Postby moody7277 » Thu Sep 06, 2018 3:47 pm UTC

bessie: initial impresstions are Sabrar full scum, confused by Vicarin. revised impression upon plytho poke, answer to somi's question list, pokes Mark about late post without content. Nothing out of the ordinary. slightly townie

BoomFrog: joke votes Sabrar, admits scum role, speculates no town, pokes me for even considering his theory plausible, votes Vicarin, switches to mpolo, pokes plytho and somi about not following the claim-fest. scum

heury: bases scum read of Vicarin off OP with some cloudy logic (depends on what the meaning of oubkically is), claims town. neutral.

Madge: oddly excited for D1, votes bessie, switches to mpolo with intention to sheep Sabrar. not town, maybe indie

Mark: insufficient data

mpolo: false idea on scum v jester!Sabrar, floats idea jester win immediately ends game, claims town. um, no. leaning scummy

plytho: joke votes mpolo, enjoys the scum claims, some responses including poking bessie about her interpretation of Sabrar, suspicious of Vicarin on a couple points, unvotes mpolo from L-1. looks mostly town, but that reads list looks like crap (self-admitted anti-town Sabrar at top, and scum claimed BoomFrog in the middle :? :roll:)

Sabrar: joke post voting jimbob and predicting a repeat performance from last game, bessie town for not getting that, switches vote to Madge, explains town read on bessie, pokes mpolo on his setup spec, serious vote for mpolo. Some sort of anti-town

somitomi: joke votes Vicarin, list of questions, should we lynch Sabrar?, doesn't necessarily accept scum claims. slightly townie

Vicarin: on board with multiple kill factions, but not jester, votes BoomFrog from "no town" spec, decides to claim town, reply to bessie on Sabrar v BoomFrog on claims, various other responses, miscounted mpolo wagon, unvotes. neutral

Not votables
bessie
plytho
somitomi
jimbob

Don't know
Madge
Mark
heury
Vicarin

Votables
Sabrar
mpolo
BoomFrog

Was in the middle of composing the reads list when I saw the post flurry. Mark's most recent post and vote is a bit disturbing, looks like he wasn't paying attention and doesn't know the vote etiquette, or is trying to ride the newbie v scummy line.

@BoomFrog: are you retracting your scum-claim?
The story of my life in xkcdmafia:

Tigerlion wrote:Well, I imagine as the game progresses, various people will be getting moody.

BoomFrog wrote:I still have no idea what town moody really looks like.

BoomFrog

Postby BoomFrog » Thu Sep 06, 2018 4:05 pm UTC

moody7277 wrote:@BoomFrog: are you retracting your scum-claim?

Sabrar and I were both joking. You remember jokes right? They are that think were you do something ridiculous and then everyone laughs about it. Like claim scum on page 1 of a mafia game for no reason. How can you think we were serious?
"Everything I need to know about parenting I learned from cooking. Don't be afraid to experiment, and eat your mistakes." - Cronos

moody7277

Postby moody7277 » Thu Sep 06, 2018 4:27 pm UTC

BoomFrog wrote:
moody7277 wrote:@BoomFrog: are you retracting your scum-claim?

Sabrar and I were both joking. You remember jokes right? They are that think were you do something ridiculous and then everyone laughs about it. Like claim scum on page 1 of a mafia game for no reason. How can you think we were serious?

a. Sabrar was a lot more obviously joking than you might have been, between the copy-paste description from last game to the "I am the holy enforcer" shtick.

b. You seem to be playing yourself off as the Gambit Master recently (all the guru you love, none of the iambic pentameter you don't), so if people take your sotto voce jokes seriously, you have only yourself to blame.

c. This is a high bastardy game. Which I take to mean that if someone feels comfortable enough with the setup to claim they're actual scum, there is a possibility of something out there that may compensate for such a claim. Any other game I would think you'd already have been lynched, etiquette or no.

Tigerlion wrote:Well, I imagine as the game progresses, various people will be getting moody.

BoomFrog

Postby BoomFrog » Thu Sep 06, 2018 4:35 pm UTC

Well, then yes. I officially declare that I am not scum, and was just fishing for reactions. I felt it would be especially interesting since the high bastardry made the situation so uncertain.

Btw, did you miss the game where I only posted "woof" and "grr" for several game days? It was delightful.

If Sabrar was obviously joking why do you feel he is so scummy?

moody7277

Postby moody7277 » Thu Sep 06, 2018 4:52 pm UTC

BoomFrog wrote:Btw, did you miss the game where I only posted "woof" and "grr" for several game days? It was delightful.

Checked which one that was, and I had to sub out of that one early on for serious RL reasons.

If Sabrar was obviously joking why do you feel he is so scummy?

Longstanding distaste for jesters (if that's what he actually is and not just layer 2 of whatever) as a distraction for town and one less helpful scumhunter.

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Thu Sep 06, 2018 5:06 pm UTC

If you think I'm Jester why would you vote me?

somitomi

Postby somitomi » Thu Sep 06, 2018 5:06 pm UTC

Vicarin wrote:@somitomi: hoping for some more content, who's your 3 scummiest right now?

I just had ten hours of lectures, but will do as soon as I can think coherent thoughts again.

Oh, I forgot to remove the joke vote, didn't I?
Unvote
—◯-◯ FG Discord

BoomFrog

Postby BoomFrog » Thu Sep 06, 2018 5:16 pm UTC

@plytho: You want to get in on this Vicaran vote here? He needs some more pressure to answer questions in a timely manner.

mpolo

Postby mpolo » Thu Sep 06, 2018 5:30 pm UTC

This: Wam has said every faction can win, and even though it is high bastardy I highly doubt he would make it so some faction couldn't win. Mpolo says there is a chance jester winning could end the game. Therefore, he is saying there is a chance town could not win.

Doesn't follow. If a jester wins and town loses, that means that town loses, but it doesn't mean that town couldn't have won. But town could win by removing the jester in another way (with a nightkill, daykill, scum crossfire, or whatever.

I'm sorry, I took people's posting for serious when I was supposed to be ignoring what they post and assuming that it is only banter. Whereas anything that I post is considered to be deeply thought through and serious, apparently.

I won't be the biggest loss for town, but my flip won't provide much information either.

I am likely to be semi-absent over the weekend (as mentioned in Gojoe), so if you want to hammer without a defense, it's your big chance.
Image <-- Evil experiment

plytho
¡This cheese is burning me!

Postby plytho » Thu Sep 06, 2018 5:59 pm UTC

Well, you don't get to just counter Mark's flawed argument and pretend that clears all the rest.

And you don't have to assume banter but you definitely should dismiss the option entirely.

Your post sounds like you're giving up already?

It's way too early for town to give up.
Pronouns: he him his
Avatar: The High Frontier by Angus McKie

BoomFrog

Postby BoomFrog » Thu Sep 06, 2018 6:24 pm UTC

From tone it is clear that mpolo really took me and Sabrar's claims seriously. Two immediate claims plus the obvious assumption that there are scum who did not claim immediately certainly does give the impression that there are a lot of scum which would mean multiple factions. mpolo's speculation about Jester doesn't hold up under scrutiny but floating the idea was a reasonable attempt to figure out the confusing situation. All of his behavior fits town!mpolo. Considering that he easily got to L-1 and had at least one more person eager to vote for him, it seems unlikely that mpolo is on a significant size scum team.

All that taken together and I very much doubt that mpolo is mafia. I'm more suspicious of those jumping on the easy lynch: Vic, Madge and Mark mostly, but also somewhat plytho and Sabrar. (town!Mark has proven he also just follows the crowd, so mostly Vic and Madge).

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Thu Sep 06, 2018 8:26 pm UTC

BoomFrog wrote:And as last game shows, not thinking through the implications of you stated position is a scum tell for you.
Could you please expand on this by providing the case you're referring to from last game and any counterexample from one of Vicarin's townie-games?

BoomFrog wrote:Considering that he easily got to L-1 and had at least one more person eager to vote for him, it seems unlikely that mpolo is on a significant size scum team.
1. If the 'one more person' is supposed to be Vicarin then you should reconsider because it is pretty clear that he wasn't eager.
2. Why can't mpolo's buddies be among the rest of the players who didn't vote for him? What is a 'significant size scum team' anyway?

mpolo

Postby mpolo » Thu Sep 06, 2018 8:31 pm UTC

plytho wrote:Your post sounds like you're giving up already?

It's way too early for town to give up.

Not completely given up, but if town is going to misslynch, I'm a much better choice than many other roles. So I'm not going to be trying for a mega defense that gets our cop or doctor (assuming we have such a thing) lynched instead of me.
Image <-- Evil experiment

wam

Postby wam » Thu Sep 06, 2018 8:51 pm UTC

votals
Mpolo - 3 - sabrar, Madge, mark_canigla
Vicarin - 1 - boomfrog
Not voting: heuristically_alone, bessie, mpolo, plytho, somitomi, moody7277, vicarin

Not playing day 1: jimbobmacdoodle
6 to lynch.

Note I'm travelling for the next 16 hours or so.

Reminder that you are not to read spoilers till I have declared you dead by pm.
Come join us playing mafia signup here

BoomFrog

Postby BoomFrog » Thu Sep 06, 2018 9:15 pm UTC

Sabrar wrote:
BoomFrog wrote:And as last game shows, not thinking through the implications of you stated position is a scum tell for you.
Could you please expand on this by providing the case you're referring to from last game and any counterexample from one of Vicarin's townie-games?
Last game Vic pretended to take his secondary win-con very seriously D1 but didn't seem to understand that townie him would have not put so much effort into it. Which, now that you made me really think about it, is a different situation, but still, I feel like Vic is fairly newbie at being scum and therefore a "basic" sort of scumminess is likely real. It is scummy to vote for me for a gambit when his only experience with me is "townie who does gambits".

BoomFrog wrote:Considering that he easily got to L-1 and had at least one more person eager to vote for him, it seems unlikely that mpolo is on a significant size scum team.
1. If the 'one more person' is supposed to be Vicarin then you should reconsider because it is pretty clear that he wasn't eager.
It was, and I seem to have missed that, can you highlight it for me?

2. Why can't mpolo's buddies be among the rest of the players who didn't vote for him? What is a 'significant size scum team' anyway?
3+ is "significant sized". One scum buddy usually doesn't have the guts to stick up for a caught buddy. Two or more can usually find someone else to make a case on (like I'm doing right now. :D ) More to the point is that the lynch solidified too quickly. It feels like scum are among the voters, happy for the mislynch. When have you ever seen half the people agree on a lynch D1? I suppose multiple non-scum teams could make sense, but the non-voters are mostly the people who I expect to not be voting yet. And I feel like mpolo's tone is townie.

somitomi

Postby somitomi » Thu Sep 06, 2018 9:30 pm UTC

Are you kidding me, two pages? Eh, fuck it, stream-of-consciousness, I'm in no condition to make well-structured text of any kind.
BoomFrog wrote:Between Vicarin, mpolo and Sabrar who do you think is scum?

At this point, Sabrar seems to have jettisoned the looney-boosters and switched to the analytic orbital stage (and I'm going to stop with the rocket metaphor, why did I even do this?). Looks like normal Sabrar to me, except for maybe his pessimism about surviving the night. But if his role really has low chances of survival, openly grumbling about that is also pretty normal for him. Maybe we'll know D2, I don't really have anything pointing towards him being mafia.
Quite frankly I found mpolo's musings about Sabrar utterly confusing and the reactions of others seem to indicate I'm not alone. I can't make out what kind of agenda he could've been pushing though. The sudden wagon on him is fairly suspicious, but it could be the "other" mafia going for it, hoping to get some town cred. So that doesn't clear him and just accepting the lynch almost four IRL days before deadline doesn't seem townie. It's not like we don't have all the time in the world to find a better lynch candidate.
Vicarin seems to be his normal self, he's been fairly active but left much less of an impression on me. So I guess mpolo is the scummiest of those three.
Mark_Cangila wrote:Also, my mind is already a pile of melted goo.

Welcome to the club, pal.
bessie wrote:1. Don’t know yet. SabrarGambit? Why should BoomFrog have an exclusive?
2. Because he’s BoomFrog.
3. Any claims are suspicious.
4. I’m assuming he meant a role that will join a faction if something happens, and must join a faction to win.
5. Needs to be night killed to win.
6. He’s not anything yet.

1. I didn't say he should or did.
3&6. Sabrar said those things and I was wondering why. I'm now guessing it was probs a joke. I mean two jokes.
Vicarin wrote:Hmmmm, I'd actually been wondering if that was more directed at bessie seeing as I hadn't actually said gambit in my post. Ok, I'd define a gambit as an action or behavior chosen to try to cause a specific response or gain information, which is mainly effective when people don't understand the gambit's purpose.

You mean when people don't recognise the gambit as such?
heuristically_alone wrote:I just get uncomfortable with players that are oubkically inferring they know the town wincon.

Uh, what's that word supposef to be? I'm probably giving it way more importance than necessary, but I kind of struggle with the entire sentence because of it.
Vicarin wrote:@somitomi: hoping for some more content, who's your 3 scummiest right now?

I promise to get back to this tomorrow, but I'm still not bringing my A game. All I know at the moment is that plytho is towniest.

Couple ninjas I'll process after a good night's sleep, bye bye, bye now.
—◯-◯ FG Discord

somitomi

Postby somitomi » Thu Sep 06, 2018 9:34 pm UTC

somitomi wrote:The sudden wagon on him is fairly suspicious, but it could be the "other" mafia going for it, hoping to get some town cred.

EBWOP: or the myslinch, if he's town.
—◯-◯ FG Discord

somitomi

Postby somitomi » Thu Sep 06, 2018 9:48 pm UTC

somitomi wrote:
somitomi wrote:The sudden wagon on him is fairly suspicious, but it could be the "other" mafia going for it, hoping to get some town cred.

EBWOP: or the myslinch, if he's town.

*mislynch, dammit.
zzzzzzzz
—◯-◯ FG Discord

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Thu Sep 06, 2018 9:57 pm UTC

somitomi wrote:
heuristically_alone wrote:I just get uncomfortable with players that are oubkically inferring they know the town wincon.
Uh, what's that word supposef to be? I'm probably giving it way more importance than necessary, but I kind of struggle with the entire sentence because of it.
'publicly' I would guess

Mark_Cangila

Postby Mark_Cangila » Thu Sep 06, 2018 9:59 pm UTC

@Mpolo: I totally missed that. Gonna unvote for now.

@Boomfrog: Why the hell are you bring back a joke that was already misenterpreted. NAI but still a stupid move.

Mark_Cangila

Postby Mark_Cangila » Thu Sep 06, 2018 9:59 pm UTC

Forgot the unvote
Unvote

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Thu Sep 06, 2018 10:04 pm UTC

BoomFrog wrote:It was, and I seem to have missed that, can you highlight it for me?
He's asking whether my case is serious which it obviously was as I specifically said it wasn't random. He's 'concerned' about the growing wagon. He reiterates that the only reason he's not voting is because it would put mpolo close to hammer. This is a classic 'oh I would love to vote him' declaration, unlikely coming from town. He is not interested in the case itself.
At least that was my definite impression when I read Vicarin's progression there.

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Thu Sep 06, 2018 10:13 pm UTC

BoomFrog wrote:Two or more can usually find someone else to make a case on (like I'm doing right now. :D ) More to the point is that the lynch solidified too quickly.
These points kind of contradict eachother. His buddies would have needed time to provide a counter-wagon (and even first to be online) but that time was denied by mpolo's wagon being too quick. Which unfortunately was started by 2 random votes before I pushed it into gear so there's less vote-analysis to be done there.

BoomFrog wrote:When have you ever seen half the people agree on a lynch D1?
Disregarding Crossover and Stellaris because of obvious reasons I think it was Alien Warfare where wam got lynched by a large margin.

Madge

Postby Madge » Thu Sep 06, 2018 10:56 pm UTC

plytho wrote:I have no idea who Madge is roleplaying but her voting behaviour is very un-Madge.

Not roleplaying anyone.... OR AM I?

nah I am embracing the CHAOS which makes D1 fun!!!!!!!

I'm wondering if boomfrog is allowed to claim town. I wouldn't put it past wam to require people claim scum (I MEAN IT IS CHAOS ISN'T IT), though I'd imagine if boomfrog got that ability, he'd rather not claim at all. Also, him claiming scum to fish for reactions is extremely in character.

I was also terrified that town was the minority, FWIW. The asylum mafia a long time ago ended rather unceremoniously because the scum faction thought they were town, claimed, and the town faction voted them off in quick succession.

i'm gonna continue sheeping sabrar but only because mpolo's lost a bunch of votes. i don't normally vote d1 and i feel like sheeping people is CHAOTIC, plus if sabrar is town then i'm donating my vote to someone who is better at scumhunting than i am
I'm writing a supernatural romance novel, it updates the first weekend of every month. You can find it here.

Vicarin

Postby Vicarin » Thu Sep 06, 2018 11:47 pm UTC

BoomFrog wrote:@plytho: You want to get in on this Vicaran vote here? He needs some more pressure to answer questions in a timely manner.

Are you talking about that question you posted at 1:40 AM for me? I'll try to answer stuff fast, but there are limits...

As to the question, I voted because you were either scum, or trying to do another somewhat ineffective D1 BoomFrog gambit, and I thought a vote was warranted to resolve the issue. I unvoted because you've changed your claim, and you do seem to be trying to interrogate people properly now.

somitomi wrote:You mean when people don't recognise the gambit as such?

Yeah, that's one of the cases. Also, when the gambit is recognizable as a gambit, but exactly what is trying to be achieved is unclear (which is what I was going for with my scum claim on D3 of WoT3, for example), it can also be effective.

Sabrar wrote:Disregarding Crossover and Stellaris because of obvious reasons I think it was Alien Warfare where wam got lynched by a large margin.

Not completely sure if that counts seeing as he'd managed to claim a role that was blatantly false given the rules.

Vicarin

Postby Vicarin » Thu Sep 06, 2018 11:53 pm UTC

Sabrar wrote:He's asking whether my case is serious which it obviously was as I specifically said it wasn't random. He's 'concerned' about the growing wagon. He reiterates that the only reason he's not voting is because it would put mpolo close to hammer. This is a classic 'oh I would love to vote him' declaration, unlikely coming from town. He is not interested in the case itself.
At least that was my definite impression when I read Vicarin's progression there.

I'm not sure if you've read my posts leading up to those, I was pretty clearly not viewing mpolo in a favorable light. I was actually more interested as to who would jump on as a third person first (was actually 4th, seeing as I managed to miss that BoomFrog had already voted), and it did seem like Madge was just being opportunistic in that vote, especially compared to her normal meta.

Vicarin

Postby Vicarin » Fri Sep 07, 2018 12:09 am UTC

BoomFrog wrote:More to the point is that the lynch solidified too quickly. It feels like scum are among the voters, happy for the mislynch. When have you ever seen half the people agree on a lynch D1? I suppose multiple non-scum teams could make sense, but the non-voters are mostly the people who I expect to not be voting yet. And I feel like mpolo's tone is townie.

You know, I find it interesting that you're making basically the same argument that I made last game with regards to moody being pushed D1. Doesn't really make me feel better about you at all, especially since I'd say multiball is incredibly likely (come on, 3+ proper scum team in 12 player? And with no flips beyond alignment?), so it's perfectly possible for scum to be bandwagoned early.

Vicarin

Postby Vicarin » Fri Sep 07, 2018 12:21 am UTC

Guess there's room for my vote now that there's been several unvotes.

Vote: mpolo

BoomFrog

Postby BoomFrog » Fri Sep 07, 2018 3:54 am UTC

Vicarin wrote:
BoomFrog wrote:More to the point is that the lynch solidified too quickly. It feels like scum are among the voters, happy for the mislynch. When have you ever seen half the people agree on a lynch D1? I suppose multiple non-scum teams could make sense, but the non-voters are mostly the people who I expect to not be voting yet. And I feel like mpolo's tone is townie.

You know, I find it interesting that you're making basically the same argument that I made last game with regards to moody being pushed D1. Doesn't really make me feel better about you at all, especially since I'd say multiball is incredibly likely (come on, 3+ proper scum team in 12 player? And with no flips beyond alignment?), so it's perfectly possible for scum to be bandwagoned early.
Sorry, I misedited my last sentence there. I meant it would make sense if there are multiple scum teams. You are right that multi-ball is likely because: Chaos! Maybe mpolo and you are both scum. But if only one of you is I think you are more likely.

Everyone who hasn't given a town to scum lost should at least give a bottom 3.

Vic, mpolo, Mark

BoomFrog

Postby BoomFrog » Fri Sep 07, 2018 3:58 am UTC

Mark_Cangila wrote:@Mpolo: I totally missed that. Gonna unvote for now.

@Boomfrog: Why the hell are you bring back a joke that was already misenterpreted. NAI but still a stupid move.

The reason most people are voting for mpolo is that when he thought I was scum he assumed that meant 2 scum teams. That implies that he knows there is a scum team that I'm not on. That implies that he is on that other scum team. What do you think of that argument?

What joke am I bringing back? Did someone else false claim scum D1 in a different game?

Vicarin

Postby Vicarin » Fri Sep 07, 2018 4:04 am UTC

So you're still standing by "mpolo's tone seems townie" as the main defence for him?

Bottom three would have to be BoomFrog, mpolo, Madge, right now.

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Fri Sep 07, 2018 5:33 am UTC

BoomFrog wrote:Everyone who hasn't given a town to scum list should at least give a bottom 3.
mpolo, Vicarin, Madge

bessie

Postby bessie » Fri Sep 07, 2018 7:05 am UTC

Vicarin wrote:
bessie wrote:Why are you anti-BoomGambit?

Mostly because I've been pretty unimpressed by their effectiveness (last game might be a decent example :P), and they act as huge distractions.
I think you need to reread my Newbie New Year and Dark Tower BoomGambit analysis here. As the result of the NNY year gambit, BoomDog was right on 8/11 (2 of 3 on scum). And re the effectiveness of the Wheel of Time 3 gambit, read my analysis here, where my BoomOracle analysis was wrong on moody, right on you. So how can you dismiss the effectiveness?

Vicarin wrote:Well, I don't think gambits have much value if the point of the gambit is discernible by other people, which generally reserves their use to scum trying to spill wine all over the place.
Well first of all in the three games we are discussing, this was a town tactic, not a scum tactic (BoomFrog was town in all three, I started a Shakespeare analysis too but never finished it I can’t remember why). And I will make a prediction that this gambit (ScumFrog :P ?) will be effective as well. You know this is a gambit, and I think what’s going on is that it seems like you really don’t know how to react, because you are conscious that you don’t know how you’re supposed to react. You’re afraid to react differently than your previous games in case it won’t be perceived as natural, so you again are falling back on what you did in NNY where you were town.

Vicarin wrote:Hmmmm, how likely is it that there's going to be huge vote shenanigans this game...

Well, that's a 3rd vote for mpolo, and we need 6 to lynch, how safe a margin should we maintain well before the deadline?
Vicarin wrote:Hmmmm, I don't know about a 2 vote safety margin seeing as we've still got a few days remaining.
Translation: I want everyone to think I would vote for mpolo if I wasn’t so concerned about putting mpolo at L-2 with four days remaining.

Sabrar wrote:
Madge wrote:@mpolo: don't take it personally, Sabrar has always said I can sheep him for an easy win, so let's see what happens!
This feels lazy and avoiding responsibility.
Odd you attacking Madge for being Madge. :?

plytho wrote: I called bessie's content standard because her opening posts sound like every opening post she makes it's a pretty neutral assessment.
And as you noticed I didn’t do the confirmation post analysis. The confirmation phase and game start happened while I was asleep, I wasn’t expecting game to start so I didn’t allow myself time to play in the morning, so I made a quick informational post and went to work. By this time I got home at night, I felt that there wasn’t much point, as I found everyone’s post to be acceptable (even Madge’s, as it contained no game information, we all know she is excited, and there wasn’t the “hey everyone feel sorry for me and allow for it in your reads because I have to play” vibe I got from her post in WoT3).

I haven’t done setup spec yet either.

BoomFrog wrote: @Vic A) Bessie's analysis last game did show that my shenanigans do reveal tells, however I do often misread the tells. I think you don't understand how little conctent there often is D1. Wine is better than nothing.
Hahaha that’s funny. Reminds me of this.

Vicarin wrote:I'm a mystery wrapped in an enigma.
This is an interesting choice of words. I think they’re the same words moody has used to describe SDK at least twice previously.

BoomFrog wrote: Btw, did you miss the game where I only posted "woof" and "grr" for several game days? It was delightful.
+1, QFT, <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 :)

mpolo wrote:I won't be the biggest loss for town, but my flip won't provide much information either.
:roll:

Mark_Cangila wrote: @Boomfrog: Why the hell are you bring back a joke that was already misenterpreted. NAI but still a stupid move.
Mark, can you explain this please? Are you referring to general BoomFrog gambits or to something in particular?

Vicarin wrote: Doesn't really make me feel better about you at all, especially since I'd say multiball is incredibly likely (come on, 3+ proper scum team in 12 player? And with no flips beyond alignment?), so it's perfectly possible for scum to be bandwagoned early.
Are you seriously dismissing the possibility of a 3 proper member mafia team in a 12 player game because it doesn’t fit with your ideas of balance? You wouldn’t want to challenge me on this one, would you?

Vote: Vicarin

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Fri Sep 07, 2018 7:11 am UTC

bessie wrote:Odd you attacking Madge for being Madge. :?
Please show me a previous game where Madge sheeped so openly. This is completely new behavior from her.

Madge

Postby Madge » Fri Sep 07, 2018 7:13 am UTC

i'd prefer to hold off on a bottom 3 list until tomorrow, honestly.

Sabrar wrote:
bessie wrote:Odd you attacking Madge for being Madge. :?
Please show me a previous game where Madge sheeped so openly. This is completely new behavior from her.

You mean, CHAOTIC behaviour!!!!

nah it's d1 i'm just waiting till i have more info d2
I'm writing a supernatural romance novel, it updates the first weekend of every month. You can find it here.

Return to “Mafia”