Wams chaos game day 5

For your simulated organized crime needs.

Moderators: jestingrabbit, Moderators General, Prelates

User avatar
bessie
Posts: 20
Joined: Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:27 am UTC
Location: California

Re: Wams chaos game day 1

Postby bessie » Fri Sep 07, 2018 7:27 am UTC

Sabrar wrote:
bessie wrote:Odd you attacking Madge for being Madge. :?
Please show me a previous game where Madge sheeped so openly. This is completely new behavior from her.
I will take your word that Madge has not displayed this particular behavior (at least in the past four or so years), as you have done extensive Madge analysis and are somewhat of an expert (and because there's no way I have time to put to a task I will probably fail at anyway).

Sabrar wrote:lazy and avoiding responsibility
But really, this in itself is pretty meta. :P

User avatar
Sabrar
Posts: 42
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:29 pm UTC

Re: Wams chaos game day 1

Postby Sabrar » Fri Sep 07, 2018 7:31 am UTC

bessie wrote:
Sabrar wrote:lazy and avoiding responsibility
But really, this in itself is pretty meta. :P
I agree but she never flaunted it previously.

User avatar
Vicarin
Posts: 7
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2008 7:45 am UTC
Location: Sydney, Australia

Re: Wams chaos game day 1

Postby Vicarin » Fri Sep 07, 2018 7:34 am UTC

bessie wrote:
Vicarin wrote:Mostly because I've been pretty unimpressed by their effectiveness (last game might be a decent example :P), and they act as huge distractions.
I think you need to reread my Newbie New Year and Dark Tower BoomGambit analysis here. As the result of the NNY year gambit, BoomDog was right on 8/11 (2 of 3 on scum). And re the effectiveness of the Wheel of Time 3 gambit, read my analysis here, where my BoomOracle analysis was wrong on moody, right on you. So how can you dismiss the effectiveness?


Whoa, a whole 50% accuracy for the WoT gambit? Sign me up, it's as good as flipping a coin :P

The NNY one was a bit better, sure, but have to be careful of how to express the accuracy, seeing as you could have achieved 8/11 accuracy just by assuming everyone was town in that game. Hey, I had 8/11 accuracy with my list of 6 lynchables at the end of D1 that included all 3 scum (giving me a better score by your metric), does that mean you're going to take my reads lists as at least as good as BoomFrog's gambits?

bessie wrote:Well first of all in the three games we are discussing, this was a town tactic, not a scum tactic (BoomFrog was town in all three, I started a Shakespeare analysis too but never finished it I can’t remember why). And I will make a prediction that this gambit (ScumFrog :P ?) will be effective as well. You know this is a gambit, and I think what’s going on is that it seems like you really don’t know how to react, because you are conscious that you don’t know how you’re supposed to react. You’re afraid to react differently than your previous games in case it won’t be perceived as natural, so you again are falling back on what you did in NNY where you were town.


Or you're just reading way too much into this. It's going to be tiresome if I need to die to prove you wrong.

bessie wrote:This is an interesting choice of words. I think they’re the same words moody has used to describe SDK at least twice previously.


That would be because they're not exactly original. Guess I shouldn't have mangled the quotation.

bessie wrote:
Vicarin wrote: Doesn't really make me feel better about you at all, especially since I'd say multiball is incredibly likely (come on, 3+ proper scum team in 12 player? And with no flips beyond alignment?), so it's perfectly possible for scum to be bandwagoned early.
Are you seriously dismissing the possibility of a 3 proper member mafia team in a 12 player game because it doesn’t fit with your ideas of balance? You wouldn’t want to challenge me on this one, would you?


:roll:

I'm not a complete idiot thanks, I know that that sort of game can exist, especially since NNY was 3 scum in 11 people and it was my first game here. I just think it's pretty damn unlikely to fit with what we have here. Hell, even if there IS a 3 person scum team, BoomFrog's logic doesn't work if mpolo is an indie of some kind. And yet I don't recall him commenting on that.

User avatar
Sabrar
Posts: 42
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:29 pm UTC

Re: Wams chaos game day 1

Postby Sabrar » Fri Sep 07, 2018 7:49 am UTC

I don't like the tone of Vicarin's post. I know it's defensive because he's being attacked but at the same time the sarcasm it radiates feels off.

Vote: Vicarin

User avatar
plytho
¡This cheese is burning me!
Posts: 172
Joined: Sun Mar 02, 2008 6:23 pm UTC

Re: Wams chaos game day 1

Postby plytho » Fri Sep 07, 2018 9:42 am UTC

mpolo wrote:I won't be the biggest loss for town, but my flip won't provide much information either.
Given that all we get on flip is character name and alignment that's kind of trivially true for town.
mpolo wrote:
plytho wrote:Your post sounds like you're giving up already?

It's way too early for town to give up.


Not completely given up, but if town is going to misslynch, I'm a much better choice than many other roles. So I'm not going to be trying for a mega defense that gets our cop or doctor (assuming we have such a thing) lynched instead of me.
I'm not expecting a mega defense. It's still relatively early D1. If you're town you should be trying to help us catch scum. Right now, I don't know your opinion on anyone. That's a fine position for scum that's about to be lynched and a terrible position for town.

Instead of speculating about your (mis)lynch, help us catch some scum.

somitomi wrote:
somitomi wrote:The sudden wagon on him is fairly suspicious, but it could be the "other" mafia going for it, hoping to get some town cred.

EBWOP: or the myslinch, if he's town.
That's a weird edit.

Update on Mark, Vicarin:

Mark: Misinterprets mpolo's statement, votes him to L-1 "accidentally", gets corrected, unvotes. Something about BoomFrog? Not really alignment indicative, but not doing town any favors. I checked WOT3 feedback and apparently town!mark opened pretty well that game. Which clearly isn't happening here. Definitely sliding down my list.

bessie wrote:Madge, thank you for sharing your excellent game tips! Mark, really, try some of those in the next game. I’m thinking of following them myself by just tunneling plytho and ignoring everyone else. :P

What made you change your mind? :wink:


Vicarin: I'm not that into the vicarin wagon. In part because of BoomFrog's attempts to get me on there.
BoomFrog wrote:plytho is paying attention. I like that plytho. I missed you. I agree with everything he said, although I'd put Mark and Vic lower on their sections.
BoomFrog wrote:@plytho: You want to get in on this Vicaran vote here? He needs some more pressure to answer questions in a timely manner.
I mean, I am a sucker for compliments but those feel a little too much. Really? You agree with everything? Also, Vicarin wasn't really stalling with his answers all that much. So this feels like an BoomFrog trying to manipulate me.

Hmm, right, onto Vicarin then. I agree that his hesitance to vote mpolo is suspicious as well as him not keeping track of the votes. I don't really have a problem with his gambit vote. His unvote was a bit weird. So, yeah I he's still on the scummy side but not as much as mpolo.

Vicarin wrote:I'm not a complete idiot thanks, I know that that sort of game can exist, especially since NNY was 3 scum in 11 people and it was my first game here. I just think it's pretty damn unlikely to fit with what we have here.
What exactly do we have here? What are you basing that statement on?


Vote:mpolo

unofficial votals
Mpolo - 3 - Madge, Vicarin, plytho
Vicarin - 3 - boomfrog, bessie, Sabrar
Not voting: heuristically_alone, mpolo, somitomi, moody7277, mark_canigla

Not playing day 1: jimbobmacdoodle
6 to lynch.
Pronouns: he him his
Avatar: The High Frontier by Angus McKie

User avatar
somitomi
Posts: 722
Joined: Fri Nov 06, 2015 11:21 pm UTC
Location: can be found in Hungary
Contact:

Re: Wams chaos game day 1

Postby somitomi » Fri Sep 07, 2018 10:01 am UTC

mpolo wrote:I am likely to be semi-absent over the weekend (as mentioned in Gojoe), so if you want to hammer without a defense, it's your big chance.

That would be pretty scummy in my opinion. I don't know what your goal was in pointing this out though.
BoomFrog wrote:From tone it is clear that mpolo really took me and Sabrar's claims seriously. Two immediate claims plus the obvious assumption that there are scum who did not claim immediately certainly does give the impression that there are a lot of scum which would mean multiple factions. mpolo's speculation about Jester doesn't hold up under scrutiny but floating the idea was a reasonable attempt to figure out the confusing situation. All of his behavior fits town!mpolo. Considering that he easily got to L-1 and had at least one more person eager to vote for him, it seems unlikely that mpolo is on a significant size scum team.

Mafia could be hiding among those not voting (or intending to vote) mpolo, or distributing themselves evenly between voting and not voting (that doesn't even require secret coordination). And if this is a multiball game, a "significant size scum team" might not even exist. I'm not saying mpolo's definitely mafia, but I think the vote tells us nothing about his alignment.
BoomFrog wrote:3+ is "significant sized".

Is there room for a 3+ mafia team in a game with 12 people? I'm genuinely asking.
Madge wrote:nah I am embracing the CHAOS which makes D1 fun!!!!!!!

Who are you and what have you done to Madge? :shock:
BoomFrog wrote:The reason most people are voting for mpolo is that when he thought I was scum he assumed that meant 2 scum teams. That implies that he knows there is a scum team that I'm not on. That implies that he is on that other scum team. What do you think of that argument?

That is a fairly compelling argument
Sabrar wrote:1. If the 'one more person' is supposed to be Vicarin then you should reconsider because it is pretty clear that he wasn't eager.

Sabrar wrote:He's asking whether my case is serious which it obviously was as I specifically said it wasn't random. He's 'concerned' about the growing wagon. He reiterates that the only reason he's not voting is because it would put mpolo close to hammer. This is a classic 'oh I would love to vote him' declaration, unlikely coming from town. He is not interested in the case itself.

It's probably me, but these two seem to be saying the exact opposite.
*******
This is where I am at the moment:
SCUM
mpolo
Vicarin
Madge
Sabrar
bessie
moody
BoomFrog
plytho
TOWN

insufficient data:
Mark
Heury
Image
—◯-◯ FG Discord

User avatar
Sabrar
Posts: 42
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:29 pm UTC

Re: Wams chaos game day 1

Postby Sabrar » Fri Sep 07, 2018 10:28 am UTC

somitomi wrote:It's probably me, but these two seem to be saying the exact opposite.
No, he just wanted to appear eager.

User avatar
Sabrar
Posts: 42
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:29 pm UTC

Re: Wams chaos game day 1

Postby Sabrar » Fri Sep 07, 2018 10:47 am UTC

@heury: what is your take on mpolo and Vicarin? Do you find anyone very scummy/townie?

User avatar
Mark_Cangila
Posts: 37
Joined: Fri Mar 16, 2018 4:34 pm UTC

Re: Wams chaos game day 1

Postby Mark_Cangila » Fri Sep 07, 2018 10:54 am UTC

My boomfrog comment was because boom had previously said the scum claim was a joke, then brought it back up as a joke. You don't bring back a joke that was misenterpreted.

User avatar
Vicarin
Posts: 7
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2008 7:45 am UTC
Location: Sydney, Australia

Re: Wams chaos game day 1

Postby Vicarin » Fri Sep 07, 2018 11:39 am UTC

plytho wrote:
Vicarin wrote:I'm not a complete idiot thanks, I know that that sort of game can exist, especially since NNY was 3 scum in 11 people and it was my first game here. I just think it's pretty damn unlikely to fit with what we have here.
What exactly do we have here? What are you basing that statement on?


The whole "the setup isn't guaranteed to be balanced but any faction can win", along with how my role works, are what I'm basing it on.

@somitomi: what are you basing your scum read of me on?

User avatar
plytho
¡This cheese is burning me!
Posts: 172
Joined: Sun Mar 02, 2008 6:23 pm UTC

Re: Wams chaos game day 1

Postby plytho » Fri Sep 07, 2018 11:53 am UTC

Mark_Cangila wrote:My boomfrog comment was because boom had previously said the scum claim was a joke, then brought it back up as a joke. You don't bring back a joke that was misenterpreted.
Where did he bring it back? Do you think BoomFrog is scum because of that? Do you have an opinion on anyone else?
Pronouns: he him his
Avatar: The High Frontier by Angus McKie

User avatar
moody7277
Posts: 607
Joined: Thu Aug 14, 2008 7:06 pm UTC
Location: Extreme south Texas

Re: Wams chaos game day 1

Postby moody7277 » Fri Sep 07, 2018 12:51 pm UTC

Bottom 3:
mpolo, Sabrar, Mark

vote: mpolo
The story of my life in xkcdmafia:

Tigerlion wrote:Well, I imagine as the game progresses, various people will be getting moody.


BoomFrog wrote:I still have no idea what town moody really looks like.

User avatar
BoomFrog
Posts: 1069
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 5:59 am UTC
Location: Seattle

Re: Wams chaos game day 1

Postby BoomFrog » Fri Sep 07, 2018 4:25 pm UTC

moody7277 wrote:Bottom 3:
mpolo, Sabrar, Mark

vote: mpolo

What do you find scummy about Sabrar? What do you find townie about Vic?
"Everything I need to know about parenting I learned from cooking. Don't be afraid to experiment, and eat your mistakes." - Cronos

User avatar
Mark_Cangila
Posts: 37
Joined: Fri Mar 16, 2018 4:34 pm UTC

Re: Wams chaos game day 1

Postby Mark_Cangila » Fri Sep 07, 2018 4:26 pm UTC

He brought it back up here:
Two or more can usually find someone else to make a case on (like I'm doing right now. :D )

Here. I don't think he is scum. Just mentioning it. Will come back to you on 3rd question.

User avatar
BoomFrog
Posts: 1069
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 5:59 am UTC
Location: Seattle

Re: Wams chaos game day 1

Postby BoomFrog » Fri Sep 07, 2018 4:30 pm UTC

plytho wrote:Vicarin: I'm not that into the vicarin wagon. In part because of BoomFrog's attempts to get me on there.
BoomFrog wrote:plytho is paying attention. I like that plytho. I missed you. I agree with everything he said, although I'd put Mark and Vic lower on their sections.
BoomFrog wrote:@plytho: You want to get in on this Vicaran vote here? He needs some more pressure to answer questions in a timely manner.
I mean, I am a sucker for compliments but those feel a little too much. Really? You agree with everything? Also, Vicarin wasn't really stalling with his answers all that much. So this feels like an BoomFrog trying to manipulate me.

Nah, this is just me being enthusiastic and having fun, if I was trying to manipulate you I'd be more subtle. And, to clarify, when I asked for the extra vote to put pressure on Vic I didn't think he had taken to long to answer the most recent question. It was preemptive because he had needed pressure to answer my earlier questions. But your point of view makes sense, and I don't expect this to change your mind about me.
"Everything I need to know about parenting I learned from cooking. Don't be afraid to experiment, and eat your mistakes." - Cronos

User avatar
wam
Posts: 201
Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2012 9:08 am UTC
Location: South England

Re: Wams chaos game day 1

Postby wam » Fri Sep 07, 2018 4:47 pm UTC

votals
Mpolo - 4 - Madge, vicarin, plytho, moody7277
Vicarin - 3 - boomfrog, sabrar, Bessie
Not voting: heuristically_alone, mpolo, somitomi, mark_canigla

Not playing day 1: jimbobmacdoodle
6 to lynch.

Note I'm home now

Reminder that you are not to read spoilers till I have declared you dead by pm.
Come join us playing mafia signup here

User avatar
mpolo
Posts: 18
Joined: Wed Oct 15, 2008 3:24 pm UTC
Location: Germany

Re: Wams chaos game day 1

Postby mpolo » Fri Sep 07, 2018 7:04 pm UTC

Reading with a phone and mobile internet, whole being driven very rapidly, so this is brief. Sorry about how much I went into the overly depressed mode. However, when the pressure is this hard on D1, and I have no hope of getting anything except what is in thread, it is pretty clear that I am going to be misslynched sooner or later.
Image <-- Evil experiment

User avatar
plytho
¡This cheese is burning me!
Posts: 172
Joined: Sun Mar 02, 2008 6:23 pm UTC

Re: Wams chaos game day 1

Postby plytho » Fri Sep 07, 2018 7:11 pm UTC

I am definitely imagining mpolo being driven with a police escort to a very important secret meeting.
Pronouns: he him his
Avatar: The High Frontier by Angus McKie

User avatar
somitomi
Posts: 722
Joined: Fri Nov 06, 2015 11:21 pm UTC
Location: can be found in Hungary
Contact:

Re: Wams chaos game day 1

Postby somitomi » Fri Sep 07, 2018 9:11 pm UTC

Vicarin wrote:@somitomi: what are you basing your scum read of me on?

Vague impressions and peer pressure :P. I think your attack on BoomFrog was a bit excessive. The effectiveness of gambits can (and should) be discussed, but it's normal BoomFrog play either way. I also found your repeated remarks about mpolo being close to a lynch odd. I should've added, that (as usual on D1) most of my reads aren't too strong, they're more of a "scum lean/town lean" sort of thing.
somitomi wrote:
BoomFrog wrote:The reason most people are voting for mpolo is that when he thought I was scum he assumed that meant 2 scum teams. That implies that he knows there is a scum team that I'm not on. That implies that he is on that other scum team. What do you think of that argument?

That is a fairly compelling argument

I came back to this, but I can't find it in mpolo's posts. Which post did you infer this from?
Sabrar wrote:
somitomi wrote:It's probably me, but these two seem to be saying the exact opposite.
No, he just wanted to appear eager.

Oh, I see.
plytho wrote:That's a weird edit.

What's weird about it?
Mark_Cangila wrote:Here. I don't think he is scum. Just mentioning it. Will come back to you on 3rd question.

First time it wasn't really a joke, it's part of the usual unconventional Boomfrog method of doing something utterly confusing and trying to gauge people based on their reactions. Speaking of which:
@BoomFrog: Are you going to share your findings with us?
Image
—◯-◯ FG Discord

User avatar
plytho
¡This cheese is burning me!
Posts: 172
Joined: Sun Mar 02, 2008 6:23 pm UTC

Re: Wams chaos game day 1

Postby plytho » Fri Sep 07, 2018 10:02 pm UTC

somitomi wrote:
plytho wrote:That's a weird edit.

What's weird about it?
It was unnecessary (I think) and overly defensive. Could you rewrite the entire corrected sentence?
Pronouns: he him his
Avatar: The High Frontier by Angus McKie

User avatar
moody7277
Posts: 607
Joined: Thu Aug 14, 2008 7:06 pm UTC
Location: Extreme south Texas

Re: Wams chaos game day 1

Postby moody7277 » Fri Sep 07, 2018 10:04 pm UTC

BoomFrog wrote:What do you find scummy about Sabrar? What do you find townie about Vic?


Sabrar is not necessarily scummy in the sense of being part of a killing faction. He is potentially a liability endgame and may become a source of confusion for town, although I may have seen something that was him sliding into being helpful recently. On Vicarin, I tagged him as neutral in my reads list which means I didn't see much of anything in either direction on him, so nothing really townie.

I'm treating the bottom 3 as a most votable list, Vicarin would come in about #5 with Madge at #4.
The story of my life in xkcdmafia:

Tigerlion wrote:Well, I imagine as the game progresses, various people will be getting moody.


BoomFrog wrote:I still have no idea what town moody really looks like.

User avatar
plytho
¡This cheese is burning me!
Posts: 172
Joined: Sun Mar 02, 2008 6:23 pm UTC

Re: Wams chaos game day 1

Postby plytho » Fri Sep 07, 2018 10:11 pm UTC

moody7277 wrote:I'm treating the bottom 3 as a most votable list, Vicarin would come in about #5 with Madge at #4.
What did BoomFrog do to redeem himself?
Pronouns: he him his
Avatar: The High Frontier by Angus McKie

User avatar
BoomFrog
Posts: 1069
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 5:59 am UTC
Location: Seattle

Re: Wams chaos game day 1

Postby BoomFrog » Fri Sep 07, 2018 10:22 pm UTC

somitomi wrote:
somitomi wrote:
BoomFrog wrote:The reason most people are voting for mpolo is that when he thought I was scum he assumed that meant 2 scum teams. That implies that he knows there is a scum team that I'm not on. That implies that he is on that other scum team. What do you think of that argument?

That is a fairly compelling argument

I came back to this, but I can't find it in mpolo's posts. Which post did you infer this from?

mpolo wrote:I'm absolutely not sure that there is only one scum faction. That's just laziness of language. With the number of people claiming to be non-town, it's pretty clear that there are multiple factions.

@BoomFrog: Are you going to share your findings with us?

That sounds like work. I'll try to get to it though. I was going to post my quick impressions, but upon reflection some of the evidence points toward who among town has good powers so I might have to redact some of my findings.
"Everything I need to know about parenting I learned from cooking. Don't be afraid to experiment, and eat your mistakes." - Cronos

User avatar
moody7277
Posts: 607
Joined: Thu Aug 14, 2008 7:06 pm UTC
Location: Extreme south Texas

Re: Wams chaos game day 1

Postby moody7277 » Fri Sep 07, 2018 10:30 pm UTC

plytho wrote:
moody7277 wrote:I'm treating the bottom 3 as a most votable list, Vicarin would come in about #5 with Madge at #4.
What did BoomFrog do to redeem himself?


Well, since he retracted his scum claim, he's moved back into the neutral/no clue/SDK category.
The story of my life in xkcdmafia:

Tigerlion wrote:Well, I imagine as the game progresses, various people will be getting moody.


BoomFrog wrote:I still have no idea what town moody really looks like.

User avatar
BoomFrog
Posts: 1069
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 5:59 am UTC
Location: Seattle

Re: Wams chaos game day 1

Postby BoomFrog » Fri Sep 07, 2018 10:34 pm UTC

However, in counter-point to the argument I presented to Mark: I think it is a natural assumption that there must be hidden scum, so 2 claimed scum plus 2-3 hidden scum is a lot and therefore there must be separate factions.
"Everything I need to know about parenting I learned from cooking. Don't be afraid to experiment, and eat your mistakes." - Cronos

User avatar
BoomFrog
Posts: 1069
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 5:59 am UTC
Location: Seattle

Re: Wams chaos game day 1

Postby BoomFrog » Fri Sep 07, 2018 10:37 pm UTC

moody7277 wrote:
BoomFrog wrote:What do you find scummy about Sabrar? What do you find townie about Vic?


Sabrar is not necessarily scummy in the sense of being part of a killing faction. He is potentially a liability endgame and may become a source of confusion for town, although I may have seen something that was him sliding into being helpful recently.

Why is he a liability? You know he also was not serious about claiming scum right?
"Everything I need to know about parenting I learned from cooking. Don't be afraid to experiment, and eat your mistakes." - Cronos

User avatar
Madge
Posts: 66
Joined: Sat Mar 21, 2009 3:45 am UTC
Location: Perth, Western Australia

Re: Wams chaos game day 1

Postby Madge » Fri Sep 07, 2018 11:12 pm UTC

unvote

wasn't actually serious about sheeping sabrar, i was just maintaining the CHAOS as long as I could by doing something silly.

btw, I'm going to be gone for all of (local) Monday and most of (local) Tuesday (UTC+8). 12 hour days driving around the countryside visiting fatal crash locations.

I think everyone's being fine so far. I need to wait to see what the heck happens overnight (i assume everyone has a CHAOTIC power) and then i can use that information to make decisions.
I'm writing a supernatural romance novel, it updates the first weekend of every month. You can find it here.

User avatar
moody7277
Posts: 607
Joined: Thu Aug 14, 2008 7:06 pm UTC
Location: Extreme south Texas

Re: Wams chaos game day 1

Postby moody7277 » Fri Sep 07, 2018 11:14 pm UTC

BoomFrog wrote:
moody7277 wrote:
BoomFrog wrote:What do you find scummy about Sabrar? What do you find townie about Vic?


Sabrar is not necessarily scummy in the sense of being part of a killing faction. He is potentially a liability endgame and may become a source of confusion for town, although I may have seen something that was him sliding into being helpful recently.

Why is he a liability? You know he also was not serious about claiming scum right?


If we're discussing the traitor claim that he copy-pasted from last game, then yes, I have already come to that conclusion. There are several other categories he could fall in that would be unhelpful to town, including the jester possibility that we have seem to come to rest on currently.
The story of my life in xkcdmafia:

Tigerlion wrote:Well, I imagine as the game progresses, various people will be getting moody.


BoomFrog wrote:I still have no idea what town moody really looks like.

User avatar
Vicarin
Posts: 7
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2008 7:45 am UTC
Location: Sydney, Australia

Re: Wams chaos game day 1

Postby Vicarin » Fri Sep 07, 2018 11:15 pm UTC

@somitomi: so, you find my attack on BoomFrog excessive, and my comments on the number of votes that mpolo was on odd. Ok, in that case, why didn't you mention the latter on page 4 when you were asked what you thought of me then? You thought at that time that I was my usual self, but I had already made those comments about mpolo. Also, my 'attack' on BoomFrog with my vote occurred beforehand as well, why not mention that before if you found it suspicious?

User avatar
BoomFrog
Posts: 1069
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 5:59 am UTC
Location: Seattle

Re: Wams chaos game day 1

Postby BoomFrog » Fri Sep 07, 2018 11:49 pm UTC

moody7277 wrote:
BoomFrog wrote:You know [Sabrar] also was not serious about claiming scum right?

If we're discussing the traitor claim that he copy-pasted from last game, then yes, I have already come to that conclusion. There are several other categories he could fall in that would be unhelpful to town, including the jester possibility that we have seem to come to rest on currently.

A) If you think Jester is most likely why do consider him lynchable?

B) What makes you think he's actually scum? The only one who considered he might be Jester is mpolo, and people disagreed with that so strongly mpolo might be lynched for it.
"Everything I need to know about parenting I learned from cooking. Don't be afraid to experiment, and eat your mistakes." - Cronos

User avatar
moody7277
Posts: 607
Joined: Thu Aug 14, 2008 7:06 pm UTC
Location: Extreme south Texas

Re: Wams chaos game day 1

Postby moody7277 » Sat Sep 08, 2018 12:03 am UTC

BoomFrog wrote:
moody7277 wrote:
BoomFrog wrote:You know [Sabrar] also was not serious about claiming scum right?

If we're discussing the traitor claim that he copy-pasted from last game, then yes, I have already come to that conclusion. There are several other categories he could fall in that would be unhelpful to town, including the jester possibility that we have seem to come to rest on currently.

A) If you think Jester is most likely why do consider him lynchable?

B) What makes you think he's actually scum? The only one who considered he might be Jester is mpolo, and people disagreed with that so strongly mpolo might be lynched for it.


A1) In a lot of games with a jester that I can recall, people have mostly given in and lynched them for their win and gone on with the rest of the game. This included several games from way back, so if you think tactics have changed in this respect, please feel free to correct me.

A2) If Sabrar decides to be a nuisance, then lynching him may be inevitable. On the other hand, if he figures the jig is up and boredom/professionalism/whatever lead him actually scumhunt, then I'd say live and let live.

B) I was not aware that the current case against mpolo included his speculation about Sabrar. I just noticed some posting oddities and went with that. In retrospect, scum would likely try to push the lynch off on someone else like that.
The story of my life in xkcdmafia:

Tigerlion wrote:Well, I imagine as the game progresses, various people will be getting moody.


BoomFrog wrote:I still have no idea what town moody really looks like.

User avatar
Mark_Cangila
Posts: 37
Joined: Fri Mar 16, 2018 4:34 pm UTC

Re: Wams chaos game day 1

Postby Mark_Cangila » Sat Sep 08, 2018 1:59 am UTC

I don't like the Madge "CHAOS"ness. Yes, this game is chaotic, but screaming chaos everywhere doesn't help. If anything, it is a perfect excuse, as was shown when she used it to excuse her sheeping Sabrar.
Vote: Madge

User avatar
BoomFrog
Posts: 1069
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 5:59 am UTC
Location: Seattle

Re: Wams chaos game day 1

Postby BoomFrog » Sat Sep 08, 2018 2:10 am UTC

@moody: Your B doesn't answer my B. I asked why Sabrar is scummy and you talked about mpolo. Now I want both.

Why do you find it likely that Sabrar is scum, jester or otherwise?

What were mpolo's scummy posting oddities?
"Everything I need to know about parenting I learned from cooking. Don't be afraid to experiment, and eat your mistakes." - Cronos

User avatar
moody7277
Posts: 607
Joined: Thu Aug 14, 2008 7:06 pm UTC
Location: Extreme south Texas

Re: Wams chaos game day 1

Postby moody7277 » Sat Sep 08, 2018 3:19 am UTC

mpolo

post 1: confirm

post 2: the whole faulty logic about why Sabrar was going to be NKed and also his hypothesis and conclusion about Sabrar, followed by the obvious statement about "things going on".

Already went through my thoughts on that post here. I think I was previously more interested in his response to "Sabrar's dead" than to "Sabrar's a jester".

post 3: protest about his assumptions re anti-town factions very snuggly couched

post 4: statement about town not winning with jester alive, followed by weird idea of his lynch ending the game immediately

post 5: trying to back out of weirdness in post 4, followed by "town won't lose much if I'm lynched"

post 6: repeats second part of post 5

post 7: defeatism and fluff

Basically posts 2 and 4 are the oddities I was mentioning.

Sabrar

posts 1-12: era where he was pretending he got the same exact role twice. also gave a townie read on bessie and a joke read on Mark

post 13-21: transition era where there might still have been people with some doubt about the first layer, finally denied by Sabrar in post 21. this era is also when he solidifies his position on mpolo by voting.

Also seemed to take the whole scum!BF thing seriously, at least according to how I see the second half of post 21.

post 22-40: current era where he's doing some scum-hunting, including investigating Vicarin and showing concerns about Madge.

In conclusion, I've never actually seen Sabrar as scummy per se. The jestery part was mostly because of his early play and how mpolo fit a hypothesis to it. If you take that away, what you get is someone who looks somewhat townie and was playing reeeeealy loose to begin with.
The story of my life in xkcdmafia:

Tigerlion wrote:Well, I imagine as the game progresses, various people will be getting moody.


BoomFrog wrote:I still have no idea what town moody really looks like.

User avatar
BoomFrog
Posts: 1069
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 5:59 am UTC
Location: Seattle

Re: Wams chaos game day 1

Postby BoomFrog » Sat Sep 08, 2018 5:25 am UTC

So why is Sabrar "voteable"?
"Everything I need to know about parenting I learned from cooking. Don't be afraid to experiment, and eat your mistakes." - Cronos

User avatar
Sabrar
Posts: 42
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:29 pm UTC

Re: Wams chaos game day 1

Postby Sabrar » Sat Sep 08, 2018 6:50 am UTC

Mark_Cangila wrote:I don't like the Madge "CHAOS"ness. Yes, this game is chaotic, but screaming chaos everywhere doesn't help. If anything, it is a perfect excuse, as was shown when she used it to excuse her sheeping Sabrar.
I agree with this. Madge was active D1 in both WoT3 and Meta Mafia, going back to her old meta by being lazy and waiting for N1 results (and blaming it on chaos) feels odd.

User avatar
Vicarin
Posts: 7
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2008 7:45 am UTC
Location: Sydney, Australia

Re: Wams chaos game day 1

Postby Vicarin » Sat Sep 08, 2018 8:12 am UTC

Sabrar wrote:
Mark_Cangila wrote:I don't like the Madge "CHAOS"ness. Yes, this game is chaotic, but screaming chaos everywhere doesn't help. If anything, it is a perfect excuse, as was shown when she used it to excuse her sheeping Sabrar.
I agree with this. Madge was active D1 in both WoT3 and Meta Mafia, going back to her old meta by being lazy and waiting for N1 results (and blaming it on chaos) feels odd.


I don't know if I'd say she was active D1 in WoT3, compared to most other people or how she was in Meta Mafia, but yeah, she's definitely not contributing much compared to those. One barely useful post, and a lot of talk of making the game more chaotic.

User avatar
somitomi
Posts: 722
Joined: Fri Nov 06, 2015 11:21 pm UTC
Location: can be found in Hungary
Contact:

Re: Wams chaos game day 1

Postby somitomi » Sat Sep 08, 2018 9:54 am UTC

Vicarin wrote:@somitomi: so, you find my attack on BoomFrog excessive, and my comments on the number of votes that mpolo was on odd. Ok, in that case, why didn't you mention the latter on page 4 when you were asked what you thought of me then? You thought at that time that I was my usual self, but I had already made those comments about mpolo. Also, my 'attack' on BoomFrog with my vote occurred beforehand as well, why not mention that before if you found it suspicious?

That page four post happened at 11pm after a ludicrously long day, by the time I finished typing up my opinion on Sabrar & mpolo I was barely even awake. I definitely didn't give you as much thought as the other two, even though the vote thing pinged me while I was catching up with the thread in the short breaks I had. As for the BoomFrog attack, I only noticed that in the "condensed" view of rereading everyone the next day.
plytho wrote: It was unnecessary (I think) and overly defensive. Could you rewrite the entire corrected sentence?

I guess you're right, the point I was trying to make is that the wagon could've happened regardless of mpolo's alignment, so it's null tell. I guess I'd rewrite the sentence like this:
The sudden wagon on him is fairly suspicious, but it could be the "other" mafia going for it, hoping to get some town cred or the "only" mafia going for the mislynch.

Madge wrote:wasn't actually serious about sheeping sabrar, i was just maintaining the CHAOS as long as I could by doing something silly.

What for?
Sabrar wrote:I agree with this. Madge was active D1 in both WoT3 and Meta Mafia, going back to her old meta by being lazy and waiting for N1 results (and blaming it on chaos) feels odd.

It's worth noting that she was channeling bessie in Meta Mafia and she explicitly said she's never going to do anything like that again.
Image
—◯-◯ FG Discord

User avatar
Sabrar
Posts: 42
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:29 pm UTC

Re: Wams chaos game day 1

Postby Sabrar » Sat Sep 08, 2018 10:02 am UTC

I have somitomi as town, probably Mark as well but he needs to start providing more content.

@bessie: could you give me your opinion on plytho?

User avatar
plytho
¡This cheese is burning me!
Posts: 172
Joined: Sun Mar 02, 2008 6:23 pm UTC

Re: Wams chaos game day 1

Postby plytho » Sat Sep 08, 2018 10:10 am UTC

somitomi wrote:
plytho wrote: It was unnecessary (I think) and overly defensive. Could you rewrite the entire corrected sentence?

I guess you're right, the point I was trying to make is that the wagon could've happened regardless of mpolo's alignment, so it's null tell. I guess I'd rewrite the sentence like this:
The sudden wagon on him is fairly suspicious, but it could be the "other" mafia going for it, hoping to get some town cred or the "only" mafia going for the mislynch.

So, what do you mean by "The sudden wagon on him is fairly suspicious"?
Pronouns: he him his
Avatar: The High Frontier by Angus McKie


Return to “Mafia”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests