Wams chaos game day 5

For your simulated organized crime needs.

Moderators: jestingrabbit, Moderators General, Prelates

Madge

Re: Wams chaos game day 1

Postby Madge » Sun Sep 09, 2018 11:00 am UTC

Sabrar wrote:
Madge wrote:I wonder if we should look more closely into mpolo being L-1. How long was he there?
Why don't you take the 20 seconds to look it up? It was 4 minutes.

You gotta earn your keep somehow toots!
I'm writing a supernatural romance novel, it updates the first weekend of every month. You can find it here.

Madge

Postby Madge » Sun Sep 09, 2018 11:05 am UTC

Sabrar wrote:
BoomFrog wrote:I'm confident that Madge's behavior is not from a game mechanical restriction.
Who said it was?

Someone did, further up the thread. You want to find it for me? Cheers!

:lol:
I'm writing a supernatural romance novel, it updates the first weekend of every month. You can find it here.

Madge

Postby Madge » Sun Sep 09, 2018 11:06 am UTC

Mark, put a gila monster as your avatar, it will help me remember the spelling

Vicarin

Postby Vicarin » Sun Sep 09, 2018 11:31 am UTC

@Sabrar: 1) Ok, and what would scum!bessie look like to you instead? How does it differ?

2) Fair enough.

3) How does scum!Mark differ from newbie!Mark? I can't say I've noticed a huge difference in his play here and Alien Warfare.

Screw this.

Unvote: mpolo

Vote: Madge

Do SOMETHING useful today. Having you do all these posts with 0 content is just so bad, when you could be putting that time towards helping town.

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Sun Sep 09, 2018 11:56 am UTC

Vicarin wrote:1) Ok, and what would scum!bessie look like to you instead? How does it differ?
Not sure, I will have to reread D1 of Secret Santa soon. You could do the same.

Vicarin wrote:3) How does scum!Mark differ from newbie!Mark? I can't say I've noticed a huge difference in his play here and Alien Warfare.
So if he wasn't coached in Alien Warfare and his current play is similar to that one then it must mean that he isn't coached now, right?

Vicarin

Postby Vicarin » Sun Sep 09, 2018 12:01 pm UTC

Sabrar wrote:
Vicarin wrote:1) Ok, and what would scum!bessie look like to you instead? How does it differ?
Not sure, I will have to reread D1 of Secret Santa soon. You could do the same.

What about compared to Stellaris, seeing as we were both in that game, and it was more recent?

Sabrar wrote:
Vicarin wrote:3) How does scum!Mark differ from newbie!Mark? I can't say I've noticed a huge difference in his play here and Alien Warfare.
So if he wasn't coached in Alien Warfare and his current play is similar to that one then it must mean that he isn't coached now, right?

Uh, maybe? If coaching is as recognizable as you're implying it is, however, that would mean that anyone who is in daychat with him would try to not give advice, so I'm not really sure if that logic works.

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Sun Sep 09, 2018 12:34 pm UTC

Vicarin wrote:What about compared to Stellaris, seeing as we were both in that game, and it was more recent?
Stellaris had non-standard mechanics plus bessie had to sub out due to having little time for it. SS is more relevant in my opinion.

Vicarin wrote:If coaching is as recognizable as you're implying it is, however, that would mean that anyone who is in daychat with him would try to not give advice, so I'm not really sure if that logic works.
Lol

Vicarin

Postby Vicarin » Sun Sep 09, 2018 12:44 pm UTC

Sabrar wrote:
Vicarin wrote:What about compared to Stellaris, seeing as we were both in that game, and it was more recent?
Stellaris had non-standard mechanics plus bessie had to sub out due to having little time for it. SS is more relevant in my opinion.

True, but it's another data point and I thought you'd have some more immediate memories about her behavior that game. I'll reread SS.

Sabrar wrote:
Vicarin wrote:If coaching is as recognizable as you're implying it is, however, that would mean that anyone who is in daychat with him would try to not give advice, so I'm not really sure if that logic works.
Lol

So if Mark was on your team this game and you had daychat, would you try coaching him or not?

Mark_Cangila

Postby Mark_Cangila » Sun Sep 09, 2018 12:51 pm UTC

To be honest, other than for Madge, no. I don't have many other scumreads. I find your overreaction scummy mostly as a gut feeling. As town you would feel confident and wouldn't need to be so aggressive or defensive. Mpolo isn't too willing to die now, but earlier he was ok with dying, which is very anti town to me.

Ninja'd:
@Bessie: don't worry that much about spelling. I was trying to make a joke but it came across wrong.
@Madge: That's a good idea.
Also, 2 more pointless posts from Madge.

Vicarin

Postby Vicarin » Sun Sep 09, 2018 1:08 pm UTC

Mark_Cangila wrote:To be honest, other than for Madge, no. I don't have many other scumreads. I find your overreaction scummy mostly as a gut feeling. As town you would feel confident and wouldn't need to be so aggressive or defensive. Mpolo isn't too willing to die now, but earlier he was ok with dying, which is very anti town to me.

If you're finding not much else suspicious (which I find weird), then who's your most townie reads?

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Sun Sep 09, 2018 1:15 pm UTC

Vicarin wrote:So if Mark was on your team this game and you had daychat, would you try coaching him or not?
I would. Change in a newbie's content could mean either self-improvement or coaching. No change probably means no coaching.

Also not noticing the day-chat thing is also a point against you as town is much more interested in these things than scum.

Vicarin

Postby Vicarin » Sun Sep 09, 2018 1:36 pm UTC

@Sabrar: Heh, think whatever you want, but I was way, way more careful in WoT3 to not get a rule wrong. I know I was scum in it, but I wasn't lying when I said

Vicarin wrote:I think that scum in general will be more careful about reading the rules, just because they feel they need to be more careful in general, and that an experienced player is more likely to carefully make notes about what's different compared to normal rules. A newer player is obviously more likely to misread the pregame information, not sure beyond that.

Though I really don't remember the chat rule when I read the rules when they were first put up. I know one of the two edits the OP had was for the player list seeing as I requested it, what was the other edit for?

With regards to Mark, is there anyone in this game you think would err on the side of not coaching then?

Madge

Postby Madge » Sun Sep 09, 2018 1:57 pm UTC

Pop quiz: How would my posts be different if I were town?

hint: the answer isn't "like Bessie"

answer: (think it through yourself before clicking!)
Spoiler:
they wouldn't because i am town, durrr, that was an easy one

if you got a different answer please discuss with the class

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Sun Sep 09, 2018 2:02 pm UTC

Vicarin wrote:With regards to Mark, is there anyone in this game you think would err on the side of not coaching then?
BoomFrog might purposefully decide against it (or just warn him not to change his style). Some players might feel that they are not good at coaching.

Madge

Postby Madge » Sun Sep 09, 2018 2:04 pm UTC

@mark

here's an avatar i made for you

I hope you like the gila monster image i picked. in the true spirit of forum avatars the image is probably stolen

wam

Postby wam » Sun Sep 09, 2018 4:06 pm UTC

votals
Mpolo - 2 - plytho, moody7277
Vicarin - 3 - boomfrog, sabrar, Bessie
Madge - 2 - mark_cangila. Vicarin
Mark_cangila - 1 - Madge
Not voting: heuristically_alone, mpolo, somitomi

Not playing day 1: jimbobmacdoodle
6 to lynch.

Reminder that you are not to read spoilers till I have declared you dead by pm.

Deadline is at 7pm utc +/- 1 hour tomorrow.
Come join us playing mafia signup here

wam

Postby wam » Sun Sep 09, 2018 4:12 pm UTC

Vicarin wrote:Can we get a modprod on heuristically_alone?

done
Come join us playing mafia signup here

Mark_Cangila

Postby Mark_Cangila » Sun Sep 09, 2018 4:26 pm UTC

I'm actually gonna steal that. When it comes to townie I like Bessie mainly. More reads coming soon, have a long d&d game rn.

bessie

Postby bessie » Sun Sep 09, 2018 4:28 pm UTC

Vicarin wrote:@Sabrar: 1) Ok, and what would scum!bessie look like to you instead? How does it differ?

Vicarin, why don’t you do the analysis yourself?

One of my major points against you in WoT3 (see here) is that you kept insisting that my gameplay in WoT3 was similar to my scum play in Stellaris, which would make me scum again. There were multiple requests from me D1, asking you to compare how my gameplay in WoT3 was the same as Stellaris and different from my town game, which you never did. Now you’re asking Sabrar to do the analysis.

Sabrar, if you want to go through Secret Santa, analyze away. But this is the second game running that Vicarin has wanted to use a meta read of me to support something, but he's been unwilling or unable to do the meta analysis himself, and I think he should have to make the attempt himself before we do the work for him.

Interesting comment in context:
Vicarin wrote:Hmmmmm, do you have any reasons that aren't just copying something someone else has said?

So Vicarin, how about that analysis, and how about some reads on everyone else while you’re at it? Or are you just going to fish all day?
Vicarin wrote:Do SOMETHING useful today. Having you do all these posts with 0 content is just so bad, when you could be putting that time towards helping town.

heuristically_alone

Postby heuristically_alone » Sun Sep 09, 2018 4:40 pm UTC

BoomFrog wrote:Well, then yes. I officially declare that I am not scum, and was just fishing for reactions.

So you're not claiming town?

mpolo wrote:I won't be the biggest loss for town, but my flip won't provide much information either.

I am likely to be semi-absent over the weekend (as mentioned in Gojoe), so if you want to hammer without a defense, it's your big chance.

What the heck is this defeated attitude? Does not sound like the mpolo I know. Still amazed that so many people voted him when to me it sounded like he was taking people's claims (whethet serious or not) and trying to solve the setup. I agree with Boomfrog that we are likely to have at least one scum on that wagon.

somitomi wrote:
heuristically_alone wrote:I just get uncomfortable with players that are oubkically inferring they know the town wincon.

Uh, what's that word supposef to be? I'm probably giving it way more importance than necessary, but I kind of struggle with the entire sentence because of it.

*publically. Was really tired when i posted.
The tone of somitomi feels like their typical town tone

Sabrar wrote:
bessie wrote:
Sabrar wrote:lazy and avoiding responsibility
But really, this in itself is pretty meta. :P
I agree but she never flaunted it previously.

But would she be flaunting it so openly as scum? Do you believe her being scum makes her overconfident?

Madge wrote:wasn't actually serious about sheeping sabrar, i was just maintaining the CHAOS as long as I could by doing something silly.

While reading madge's posts, this is my what I was assuming she was doing. Slight town lean for now

:P
Mark_Cangila wrote:I don't like the Madge "CHAOS"ness. Yes, this game is chaotic, but screaming chaos everywhere doesn't help. If anything, it is a perfect excuse, as was shown when she used it to excuse her sheeping Sabrar.
Vote: Madge

Has all of mark's posts been just voting someone thusfar?

Mark_Cangila wrote:Also, can NO ONE spell my name? My name is Mark_Cangila, not Mark_Canigla or Mark_Canglia. (Sorry I'm just really annoyed because everyone everywhere mispells it)

i dare you to find an instance where I've mispelled it. Though I've taken to calling you mark now. Hope that's okay.

Mark_Cangila wrote:To be honest, other than for Madge, no. I don't have many other scumreads.

So what are all your scum reads?
Anyhow, sounds like in this case that for bottom three he just did madge and sheeped 2 other players. So if mpolo or vicarin are scum, i dont think mark is bussing.

Vicarin's gameplay this game feels rather similar to WoT. Granted I said that in that last game and read him for town because of that. But this time leaning as top scum read.

The past 7 days got a little over 20 hours of sleep. Ran out of time to do a town scum order list. But for now not scum is bessie, boomfrog, mpolo, madge, and mark. Still possibility of being indie. Leaning on sabrar being indy
Bow gifted by adnapemit.

You can learn to levitate with just a little help.

:idea: = Surprised Cyclops

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Sun Sep 09, 2018 5:27 pm UTC

heuristically_alone wrote:But would she be flaunting it so openly as scum? Do you believe her being scum makes her overconfident?
I think Madge's contribution is anti-town. I think Madge hasn't shown this level of uncooperativeness previously and she has shown that she can produce good content D1. I have 2 main ideas why she is behaving this way, if it's the first then I feel like it's a bad play from town, the second is that she's trying to salvage the situation by taking it to extreme levels and hoping others will think like you.
Do you find her townie for the sole reason that scum would not behave this way in your opinion?

somitomi

Postby somitomi » Sun Sep 09, 2018 5:41 pm UTC

heuristically_alone wrote:Has all of mark's posts been just voting someone thusfar?

Why not look it up yourself? Anyway, no, the vote-to-post ratio is 1/8. I think voting mpolo in the second post without even checking the votals is more alarming, but it seems like a town!newbie mistake to me.
Madge wrote:Pop quiz: How would my posts be different if I were town?

hint: the answer isn't "like Bessie"

answer: (think it through yourself before clicking!)
Spoiler:
they wouldn't because i am town, durrr, that was an easy one

if you got a different answer please discuss with the class

Amusing, but doesn't second conditional imply the condition isn't true? :P
—◯-◯ FG Discord

BoomFrog

Postby BoomFrog » Sun Sep 09, 2018 5:48 pm UTC

heuristically_alone wrote:
BoomFrog wrote:Well, then yes. I officially declare that I am not scum, and was just fishing for reactions.

So you're not claiming town?

Leaning on sabrar being indy
:lol: Fair's fair. I'm town.

Why do you suspect Indy Sabrar? What kind of Indy? Pro or anti town or neutral like survivor?
"Everything I need to know about parenting I learned from cooking. Don't be afraid to experiment, and eat your mistakes." - Cronos

plytho
¡This cheese is burning me!

Postby plytho » Sun Sep 09, 2018 6:00 pm UTC

Thoughts on people (not including Sabrar, somitomi and Vicarin due to lack of time)

Bessie: I definitely like bessie in this game. Reading through the thread I thought she was focused only on Vicarin (looking at that discussion from the outside is causing some reflection). But from her ISO it’s clear she’s paying attention to others as well, mostly the moody, mpolo, mark and Madge (or “the M’s”) I like this catch:
bessie wrote:Observation: The order in which we vote in thread does not seem to be important, see wam’s latest votal post, which doesn’t match the voting order.
There’s not a lot of value for scum to hide this but sharing is caring. The Vicarin discussion is a lot like discussions I’ve had with bessie and I’m pretty sure she was town in all of those.

I do look forward to bessie’s town-to-scum which might appear before I’m done here.

Generally townie.

BoomFrog: I like BoomFrog and I enjoy his gambits. I did notice he is sort of contradictory in his assessment of mpolo:
BoomFrog wrote:All that taken together and I very much doubt that mpolo is mafia. I'm more suspicious of those jumping on the easy lynch: Vic, Madge and Mark mostly, but also somewhat plytho and Sabrar. (town!Mark has proven he also just follows the crowd, so mostly Vic and Madge).
BoomFrog wrote:Everyone who hasn't given a town to scum lost should at least give a bottom 3.

Vic, mpolo, Mark

It’s a little odd to see mpolo there after what reads like a serious defense.
@BoomFrog: are these still your bottom three? Why these? You asked moody what was odd about mpolo’s posts. Do you agree with his assessment?

Heuristically_alone:
heuristically_alone wrote:What the heck is this defeated attitude? Does not sound like the mpolo I know.

heuristically_alone wrote: But for now not scum is bessie, boomfrog, mpolo, madge, and mark.

How do you square these two?

heuristically_alone wrote:Vicarin's gameplay this game feels rather similar to WoT. Granted I said that in that last game and read him for town because of that. But this time leaning as top scum read.
I’d like you to explain this a bit more. Because now it sounds like you’re joining a pretty strong wagon with little reasoning.

Madge: I’m with BoomFrog on Madge. Actually I was slightly town reading her for her Madge-ness, but the Madge playing Madge argument sort of resonated.

Mark: Contrary to heury’s impression, Mark has done more than voting. Mark feels like Mark from previous games. I like that he’s doing some original thinking. His mpolo vote was based on his own (albeit wrong) reasoning and he actually took the lead on the Madge vote. I don’t see any obvious signs of coaching.

Moody: Moody is making a lot of sense to me this game. His acceptance of Sabrar and BoomFrog’s claims was a little odd, but I feel he has progressed nicely from that point. I also share this sentiment:
moody7277 wrote:whereas my read of Vicarin has smaller error bars but sits closer to zero. I am a bit confused and a little sympathetic that the default read on him by most people seems to be scummy.

So I think I’m leaning town on moody.

Mpolo: I still think mpolo is scummy. This bessie quote articulates why
bessie wrote:Jeez mpolo, I understand about the real life issue, and appreciate that you’re trying to keep up on your phone, but you’re not a newbie, there were times you have served as mentor to newbie me. I don’t need to tell you that the most important thing a townie can do when facing pressure and the potential lynch is to continue to push and prod and flush out scum, and even if you’re lynched you’ll leave behind information that may lead us to scum. I find this quite odd from you.

This bit had me thinking though:
mpolo wrote: However, when the pressure is this hard on D1, and I have no hope of getting anything except what is in thread, it is pretty clear that I am going to be misslynched sooner or later.
[/quote] Maybe mpolo is indie? Town gets mislynched all the time (the game would be pretty boring otherwise) so that’s not nearly as terrible as mpolo makes it sound. It is however terrible for an indie that needs to survive alone to win the game and I can imagine such an indie feeling discouraged with so much pressure D1.

That’s about all I had time for. I’ll see when I get to the last three. Generally feeling good about Sabrar and Somi and confused about Vicarin.
Pronouns: he him his
Avatar: The High Frontier by Angus McKie

bessie

Postby bessie » Sun Sep 09, 2018 6:27 pm UTC

Unsatisfactory reads list. I started this yesterday, so there is a great inconsistency in style. I decided to just continue this morning with as much as I could churn out in an hour and post wherever I was at. I will try to add to this when I get home tonight.

I will be at work at deadline, and as usual will probably not be posting in the morning. Last opportunity to make a substantial post will be about 12 hours from now.

BoomFrog – Is BoomFrog. Started with a gambit. Has questioned others and given opinions. BoomFrog is not on my scum list. If we’re both alive tomorrow, I will dig into his content more.

heuristically_alone - Light on content for RL reasons. His posts have been mostly quick read-through reactions. He’s not currently on my radar, will reevaluate if he has the opportunity to post more content tonight.

Madge – Early oddness, votes for me but in the same post says she wants me around, I commented here. Is being very Madge-like. Like this:
Madge wrote: nah it's d1 i'm just waiting till i have more info d2
This is meta of Madge, to skip D1 (mentally if she’s playing). But she also keeps using the vague excuse of “The Chaos” to excuse her lack of useful content. Madge, if this game is the chaotic evil dream game you’re hoping for, what makes you so sure we will have a pile of lawful good, sane, verifiable, true, unambiguous, scum-fingering useful results to analyze on D2? Don’t you think it might be a good exercise in Risk Management (per AS / NZS ISO 31000 :P ) to generate content (and perhaps even do some scum hunting) now?

Mark_Cangila – His early content was more ambiguous to me, but his weekend content gives me a newbie town vibe.

moody7277 – Why the weird camaraderie with mpolo over the jester thing? Also, I don’t like the comment about how people scum reading Vicarin is default, see here. I’ve expressed my suspicions but I’m going to cite my policy of not voting for moody on D1 and for now focus my attention elsewhere.

mpolo – Questionable early setup spec, I commented here. Odd that he seemed willing to sit back and accept a “mislynch” see my comments here. I’m uneasy about mpolo but want to make some allowance for RL issues. Scum lean, but will reevaluate tonight if he manages a post.

plytho – First posts, questions and prodding for content. Early produced reads list and ordered town-scum. Has a “standard” read of me me me, which is good enough to get me in the townie tier. In fact his reads are a bit neutralish on everyone, but the ordered list shows willingness to take a stand so I’ll accept it for early D1. Ok, starts to dig in with later posts, and revises some of his earlier reads. If he posts today I'll try to improve upon this read, but current town lean.

Pre-post edit: Monster post from plytho. Will analyze and update my read tonight.

Sabrar - Opened with a gambit. Very unmeta behavior of going after Madge. After all these years is Sabrar finally trying to open his mind see things from my point of view? Except for the Madge part, this seems like normal Sabrar to me, not like distant, reserved Sabrar from WoT3. Note that Sabrar tends to generate a lot of content regardless of alignment, and some of this read is based on the vibe which is not my strong point, but I currently have him as town.

Sabrar wrote:There comes a time in everyone's life when they choose stasis or they choose to grow.
I’m working on it, Sensei, but sometimes the fear of the unknown is more foreboding then sticking with the devil you know.

somitomi – Started a little slow in his first few posts, mostly just asking general questions. But since has been answering questions and giving opinions. Would like to see a reads list, but at least he gave town-scum with no groupings, so is willing to take a stand on everyone. He’s involved with some back-and-forth with plytho which is most of his later content. Town leaning.

Vicarin – Immediately annoyed by this game’s BoomGambit, I commented here. Claims he would have voted for mpolo but didn’t want to put him at L-2, I feel this is false because there would still be one vote margin for an accidental vote, and no one would intentionally hammer so early in the game. For some unknown reason, is discounting the possibility of a 3 full-member mafia team. Out of time, for more read page 6. Scum.

Informational aside for Mark: I am a strong advocate for ordered lists. I like complete reads lists too, but those lists can be difficult and time consuming, and can also be very noncommittal, like assigning everyone “neutral” or “neutral leaning townie” or “slight scum lean”. An ordered list with no groupings forces you to take a stand on everyone, even if it is only in relation to everyone else. And they can be done quickly by gut feelings, so there’s really no excuse not to produce one.

Ordered list and updates where needed tonight.

BoomFrog

Postby BoomFrog » Sun Sep 09, 2018 6:49 pm UTC

plytho wrote:
BoomFrog wrote:All that taken together and I very much doubt that mpolo is mafia. I'm more suspicious of those jumping on the easy lynch: Vic, Madge and Mark mostly, but also somewhat plytho and Sabrar. (town!Mark has proven he also just follows the crowd, so mostly Vic and Madge).
BoomFrog wrote:Everyone who hasn't given a town to scum lost should at least give a bottom 3.

Vic, mpolo, Mark

It’s a little odd to see mpolo there after what reads like a serious defense.
@BoomFrog: are these still your bottom three? Why these? You asked moody what was odd about mpolo’s posts. Do you agree with his assessment?

I think Madge might be third instead of Mark now. But your real question is about mpolo. His behavior is still off, and I've bounced back and forth internally regarding him. Assuming there are multiple 2 man scum teams there is a good chance that he is scum. If there is one 3 person scum team then I think he is not on it.
"Everything I need to know about parenting I learned from cooking. Don't be afraid to experiment, and eat your mistakes." - Cronos

moody7277

Postby moody7277 » Sun Sep 09, 2018 7:03 pm UTC

bessie wrote:Why the weird camaraderie with mpolo over the jester thing?

I'm not sure if camaraderie is the right word for it, confirmation bias may be the better term. Anyway, I'm over that now and you wanted me to look at the case for Vicarin (who by the way now comes in at #4 on my votables list now with Sabrar's removal). Your just lucky that they postponed the Brickyard 400 otherwise I may not have gotten to it for a while.
The story of my life in xkcdmafia:

Tigerlion wrote:Well, I imagine as the game progresses, various people will be getting moody.

BoomFrog wrote:I still have no idea what town moody really looks like.

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Sun Sep 09, 2018 7:57 pm UTC

@plytho: your read on BoomFrog contains very few specifics compared to the others, could you expand on it? What do you like about him?

mpolo

Postby mpolo » Sun Sep 09, 2018 8:06 pm UTC

Look, the truth is, when a wagon is coming that quickly and only hidden mechanics could possibly give you anything to dig out with (the one line of flavor could suggest something hidden, but that pretty much would contradict the boldface), it's really easy to get defeatist about a game, particularly knowing that you're not going to be posting much over the weekend. Assuming the deadline falls evening tomorrow GMT+1 or later, be I should be able to do some more analysis. Right now after 10 hours on the road, I'm going to bed.
Image <-- Evil experiment

moody7277

Postby moody7277 » Sun Sep 09, 2018 8:31 pm UTC

First off, *you're.

Vicarin

Spoiler:
post 1: confirm
post 2: setup spec with no on jester but yes on multiple kills
post 3: vote BF citing the "no town" spec and other confusion
post 4&5: town claim and sarcasm on BF's gambit ideas

cynical view is that he's trying too hard here

post 6: discussion with bessie over BF and Sabrar claims
post 7: question to Sabrar on bessie read
post 8: continue from post 7
post 9: question to h_a on his conclusions on Vicarin
post 10: question to mpolo on number of scum factions
post 11: unsatisfied response to mpolo and question to Sabrar
post 12: directly asks Mark if he's town or scum, plus for his position on Sabrar and BF

cynical view again, he's asking very basic questions with no follow ups, not getting out the dental tools like bessie and BoomFrog

post 13: questions to Sabrar
post 14: response to Sabrar's "RVS is over" post
post 15: position on BF's gambits, seemingly in the negative
post 16: definition of gambit
post 17-19: miscounts mpolo wagon, little bit about being worried re L-2

not sure how much of a tell this would be without Vicarin actually putting down a vote. It's in the same direction as vote shenanigans that I despise, but it is not as clear cut

post 20: finishes off the segment and compliments plytho on his reads list.
post 21: reaction to Mark's L-1 vote
post 22: unvotes BF, dislikes Mark's logic
post 23: fluff
post 24: reason for BF vote:scum or "another somewhat ineffective D1 BoomFrog gambit", quantum nature of gambits

the quoted phrase is what I am guessing is what started the whole bessie-Vicarin debate on Saturday

post 25: applying the 3rd on the bandwagon rule to Madge

"Old theory seldom used today, butler did it"

post 26: response to BF about mpolo bandwagon, says BF looks scummy for the reasoning used
post 27: votes mpolo
post 28: BF, mpolo, Madge bottom three
post 29: beginning of discussion with bessie re gambit effectiveness, basically says random does just as good as her
post 30: response to plytho about his "what we have here" phrase, also asks somi about his read

cyncial view here again: that quoted phrase smacks of extra info

post 31: defensive response to somi's explanation
post 32: agreement on impression of Madge
post 33: invites bessie to bring the math re post 29
post 34: mechanics post
post 35: setup spec leaning towards multiple scum factions
post 36: debate part 3, still saying random is just as good as bessie
post 37: follow up on Mark's bottom 3
post 38: one more post at bessie in the debate
post 39: more follow up with Mark
post 40&41: disputing cited post by bessie, concludes with town!bessie read. asks Sabrar about BF and Mark

the whole gambit effectiveness debate among posts 29-41 gets into the weeds, gets personal. I don't imagine scum would get into that kind of argument in order to manufacture content. (cynical view here: he did come down on the side against using it to get useful information)

post 42: response to Sabrar asking to compare BF and bessie's scumhunting targets, whether Mark still newbie
post 43: asks Sabrar for example of scum bessie, switches vote to Madge
post 44: suggests more recent example of scum!bessie than Sabrar cited, re coaching Mark
post 45: accepts reasons Sabrar's example is better, more re coaching
post 46: asks Mark for town reads
post 47: cites comment that scum are more inclined to know rules

So, there's definitely enough there to prevent a very townie read, but nowhere near enough to promote him above mpolo in terms of voting. I am still happy with him at fourth most votable.
The story of my life in xkcdmafia:

Tigerlion wrote:Well, I imagine as the game progresses, various people will be getting moody.

BoomFrog wrote:I still have no idea what town moody really looks like.

plytho
¡This cheese is burning me!

Postby plytho » Sun Sep 09, 2018 9:32 pm UTC

Sabrar wrote:@plytho: your read on BoomFrog contains very few specifics compared to the others, could you expand on it? What do you like about him?
I like him stirring the pot. I have no idea what his alignment is, though.
Pronouns: he him his
Avatar: The High Frontier by Angus McKie

Madge

Postby Madge » Sun Sep 09, 2018 9:44 pm UTC

bessie wrote:Madge, if this game is the chaotic evil dream game you’re hoping for, what makes you so sure we will have a pile of lawful good, sane, verifiable, true, unambiguous, scum-fingering useful results to analyze on D2? Don’t you think it might be a good exercise in Risk Management (per AS / NZS ISO 31000 :P ) to generate content (and perhaps even do some scum hunting) now?

I'd say there's method in my madness, but BoomFrog madness has a hell of a lot more method than my madness does, and I don't want people thinking that because you all are going to be SO disappointed.

@Mark: Glad you like the avatar! Of course you can use it, I made it for you to use. FIgured it has dual purposes of giving you an avatar so I, selfishly, can identify your posts, and also hopefully helping people know that your name is spelled -gila with the gila monster (or at least, you should be able to remind them only once).

and seriously guys: if you don't stop telling me that meta mafia showed i can produce good content D1 and trying to force me to play that way all the time i'm gonna scream!!!! we did go over the part where I spent probably bessie-level time on the game to get a 20%-of-bessie level result, right? Which is why I maintained it only one day? I am beginning to really regret it which is lame because I used to be super proud of all the work I put in, now the work is just an albatross around my neck, which is dumb, because it was never intended to be a permanent change. hopefully my stubborn refusals to change will eventually mean that people stop asking.

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Sun Sep 09, 2018 10:10 pm UTC

@Madge: I would have no issues with normal Madge (probably), it's Madge declaring loudly that "it's chaos, la-la-la, I'm not doing anything" that's troubling me.

Madge

Postby Madge » Sun Sep 09, 2018 10:20 pm UTC

Ah, okay. By way of apology I'll try to act more seriously the rest of the day.

Vicarin

Postby Vicarin » Sun Sep 09, 2018 11:03 pm UTC

@bessie: have you seen a triple-voting roleblocker before?

Ordered list is a decent idea though, I'll go with

Town
Vicarin
Plytho
Sabrar
moody7277
bessie
Mark_Cangila
heurisically_alone
mpolo
Madge
BoomFrog
Scum

BoomFrog

Postby BoomFrog » Sun Sep 09, 2018 11:04 pm UTC

I'd like to try an experiment. @Madge, would you vote for me, then put your vote where you like after that?

Vicarin

Postby Vicarin » Sun Sep 09, 2018 11:06 pm UTC

@anyone suggesting "oh I bet there's some scum on that mpolo bandwagon": there were 5 (6 if you count my support) people on it, it would be astounding if there weren't any scum of any kind on it. This isn't an amazing result.

Ninja'd: interesting request...

BoomFrog

Postby BoomFrog » Sun Sep 09, 2018 11:16 pm UTC

Madge wrote:Ah, okay. By way of apology I'll try to act more seriously the rest of the day.

Aww... :(

Vicarin

Postby Vicarin » Sun Sep 09, 2018 11:18 pm UTC

Hmmmm, deadline is going to be at 5am for me tomorrow, would appreciate if people start moving towards voting now.

Vicarin

Postby Vicarin » Sun Sep 09, 2018 11:57 pm UTC

Vicarin wrote:Ordered list is a decent idea though, I'll go with

Town
Vicarin
Plytho
Sabrar
moody7277
somitomi
bessie
Mark_Cangila