Wams chaos game day 5

For your simulated organized crime needs.

Moderators: jestingrabbit, Moderators General, Prelates

User avatar
bessie
Posts: 20
Joined: Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:27 am UTC
Location: California

Re: Wams chaos game day 1

Postby bessie » Mon Sep 10, 2018 2:14 am UTC

Replies to new content and some page 7 stuff I may have glossed over earlier.

Mark_Cangila wrote: Mpolo isn't too willing to die now, but earlier he was ok with dying, which is very anti town to me.
Mark, I like your reads, in that I feel you’re actually contemplating the content and trying to make your own interpretations and come to your own conclusions (plytho made similar observation in his reads list, and that’s why I’ve been thinking about it). This read of mpolo is a good example. mpolo is under pressure right now, in part because what you have cited, and I don’t think any of the other players would have given the same reason as you (so you weren’t coached).

[I’m torn right now between wanting to mentor a newbie a bit, and not wanting to spread wine and confuse the issue. I’ll try to ride the center line.]

Being willing to die is not necessarily anti-town. In certain situations, it can be the most pro-town thing you can do for your team. Take for example SDK in Meta Mafia (going to use SDK instead of moody in WoT3 because SDK isn’t in this game). SDK was under a lot of suspicion in that game, and he accepted his lynch on D2, one reason is because he saw that it was to town’s benefit for him to be mislynched early, when there were still mislynches available, rather than be under suspicion and mislynched later at MYLO. So SDK was facing certain death by hanging on D2, and what did he do? Posted, analyzed content, hammered on other players, made reads and town-scum list, and made sure he poured all his thoughts in to the thread before he died.

The reason that mpolo is being scum read by some players is not because he’s willing to die, it’s because it seems like he’s not willing to help town find scum if/before he goes. Townies (and mafia members) (usually) don’t personally need to survive to end game for their team to win.

I’ll stop here because now we get into “bessie’s personal views on self-preservation votes, claiming, etc” which are separate from above and not necessarily shared by anyone else in this game.


plytho wrote: Reading through the thread I thought she was focused only on Vicarin (looking at that discussion from the outside is causing some reflection)
I’ve missed you too, plytho.

moody7277 wrote:So, there's definitely enough there to prevent a very townie read, but nowhere near enough to promote him above mpolo in terms of voting. I am still happy with him at fourth most votable.
Fair enough, I have read through your notes (dental tools?? :shock: ).

Madge wrote:and seriously guys: if you don't stop telling me that meta mafia showed i can produce good content D1 and trying to force me to play that way all the time i'm gonna scream!!!! we did go over the part where I spent probably bessie-level time on the game to get a 20%-of-bessie level result, right? Which is why I maintained it only one day? I am beginning to really regret it which is lame because I used to be super proud of all the work I put in, now the work is just an albatross around my neck, which is dumb, because it was never intended to be a permanent change. hopefully my stubborn refusals to change will eventually mean that people stop asking.
I don’t expect you to be anyone other than Madge. You should take everyone’s high expectations of you as the compliment that it is. I mean, I’ve been warning everyone that you are a brilliant genius for years, and now they finally believe me! So no, don’t be me, be you. But please understand that I’ve got to be me too, and you and I are such polar opposites (I mean I frickin cited an ISO standard and you shot back with the vibe :P ) that we’re going to clash, and there’s times I’m going to find elements of your playstyle scummy, and you know how I feel about giving scummy behavior a pass for purely meta reasons.

Madge wrote:Ah, okay. By way of apology I'll try to act more seriously the rest of the day.
The chaos in itself is hmm, acceptable, but can we have a little pro-town behavior mixed in with it? Like a couple gut reads or something (the only seriousness I see is some mpolo stuff)?

And I really like the avatar you made for Mark! Thanks for caring, it makes browsing the thread easier for everyone.

Not done. Back in a few.

User avatar
Vicarin
Posts: 7
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2008 7:45 am UTC
Location: Sydney, Australia

Re: Wams chaos game day 1

Postby Vicarin » Mon Sep 10, 2018 3:36 am UTC

Reads time wooooooo!

bessie: Still confusing. Her behaviour is pretty townie this game (still like some answers to those ignored questions though), and she is grilling people other than me too. Done by anyone else, I'd have no problem putting them high... But I just can't tell what's different about her behaviour as scum D1. It seems goddamn identical. Trying to reread Stellaris and Secret Santa didn't particularly seem different to her town play. More worryingly, she was a universal town read D1 in Santa, so I think it's pretty clear that other people can't distinguish between town!bessie and scum!bessie D1. Actually rather similar to jimbobmacdoodle in that respect, going by Santa and Meta, but he's not really here currently anyway. Hence, I tried asking for other people's opinions on bessie's scum meta, but she's trying to shut it down. To everyone reading bessie as strong town: can you please explain to me how you think bessie would be acting differently today if she was scum? Anyway, read is being townie, but unsure because bessie is damn good at taking town D1. Am worried recently that she seems to be completely ruling out vote-altering powers in her stated reason for seeing me as scum.

Madge: she's promised to start taking things seriously, a day before deadline? Wow, what a great idea. Put the time making Avatars for people into literally anything else. Also, as I've said before, constantly hiding behind a scummy D1 meta is just painful to work with as town. If anyone gives a free pass to Madge for meta reasons while going after me while I'm trying to actually get something done, then you're being a gigantic hypocrite.

Mark_Cangila: I don't like his completely unoriginal reads. I like him taking some initative and voting for Madge first. I think he's played enough games to not get a complete newbie pass that a lot of people seem to be using for basing their reads on him. Overall, not actively weird beyond a lot of sheeping.

Plytho: reminds me of him in Meta and Stellaris, asking good questions, explaining reasons for actions. His first reads list made sense at the time, and he's been drilling somitomi who's been not drawing too much attention otherwise. Only issue is he was good at pretending to be town in Alien as well, but he was at least pseudotown. What's a game plytho was scum in, for comparison?

somitomi: actually don't have much of an impression of somitomi beyond the one question I posed directly. He's been sitting back and not saying too much, but enough to not completely fall behind. Acted reasonably to plytho prodding as well. Somewhat tomnie, but could easily be just trying to hang back and not give too much of an impression. Top pick for an indie of some kind.

BoomFrog: Ah, the mystery of BoomFrog. Overall, I don't think BoomFrog has been acting his usual town self from WoT3 and NNY. His defences of mpolo and Madge have been incredibly lacking, his scum claim gambit was way more suspicious than Sabrar's, and his requests to plytho and justification after plytho brushes him off (townie points for plytho) come off incredibly weirdly. He says he'll have to redact some findings from his gambit; how convenient (where are those btw? I'm waiting.). Finally, I don't think I've seen BoomFrog make a statement as useless as 'theres got to be at least 1 scum in a 5-6 person bandwagon' as town. It's just a waste of time made to look like a contribution.

heuristically_alone: claims to have been pressed for time, which is fair enough, but is way out of it. Why would you ask BoomFrog to claim town yet again, when he's already done so? Joins BoomFrog with the pseudo-profound statement that there was probably at least 1 scum on the mpolo bandwagon. Why is Sabrar indie in particular? Way less useful material than I'd expect from him given his D1 in WoT3, even with time pressure.

moody7277: I've been liking moody's contributions mostly, especially when BoomFrog was asking about Sabrar. I don't think a jester is likely, but his position makes some sense. Also, he sympathised with me being scum read a lot :P. Nothing really objectionable gets him put nearer the townie end.

mpolo: pretty much everything has been said already: weird setup spec, jumps to strange conclusions as a result and suggests lynches that don't match them. Then, when drawing votes on himself, apparently gives up. Interestingly, claims his power is not terribly strong and so is not too important for town to lose, despite not knowing how strong people's powers are in general. Very weird.

Sabrar: after joking around at the beginning of the day, has been poking a lot of people and been making some decent efforts at scumhunting. Not willing to give Madge a free pass either, which I like. Feel his engagement early on has been significantly higher than WoT3 and Alien, so that makes me feel pretty ok about him. The joking traitor claim also got a surprising number of reactions for what it was, which helped with ending RVS a bit earlier, which is nice.

User avatar
Vicarin
Posts: 7
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2008 7:45 am UTC
Location: Sydney, Australia

Re: Wams chaos game day 1

Postby Vicarin » Mon Sep 10, 2018 4:17 am UTC

Hmmm, looks like plytho was a mafia recruit in refrigerator at least, will read soon.

User avatar
Vicarin
Posts: 7
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2008 7:45 am UTC
Location: Sydney, Australia

Re: Wams chaos game day 1

Postby Vicarin » Mon Sep 10, 2018 4:50 am UTC

Ok, having skimmed through most of the D1 discussion from that makes me feel less worried about plytho (he hasn't been focused on setup details, which is apparently something he's fallen back on as scum), and a maybe a bit less paranoid about bessie. I'll check Shakespeare at some point if I'm worried again I guess. The only relevant games being from over a year ago is annoying though.

User avatar
Vicarin
Posts: 7
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2008 7:45 am UTC
Location: Sydney, Australia

Re: Wams chaos game day 1

Postby Vicarin » Mon Sep 10, 2018 5:23 am UTC

Can I have clarification about what was changed in the OP in each of the two edits it had?

User avatar
bessie
Posts: 20
Joined: Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:27 am UTC
Location: California

Re: Wams chaos game day 1

Postby bessie » Mon Sep 10, 2018 5:31 am UTC

Vicarin wrote:@bessie: have you seen a triple-voting roleblocker before?
Not that I can recall. I don’t even know if you mean three votes or a triple vote. That doesn’t mean that we haven’t had one. There may have even been one in a Secret Santa game I played and I don’t remember it, they tend to have overpowered roles (in Secret Santa 15 my role both roleblocked and vote blocked). So go ahead and link one and I’ll concede that you are correct and I am wrong.

Do I deny the possibility that we could have one in the game? No, we could have one in the game, just because I think something unlikely doesn’t mean it can’t happen. [Also note that this is a bastard game.]

If this is about my read of you here:
bessie wrote: Claims he would have voted for mpolo but didn’t want to put him at L-2, I feel this is false because there would still be one vote margin for an accidental vote, and no one would intentionally hammer so early in the game.
Ok, so you were being careful in case heuristically_alone has a triple vote, noted (skim of my spreadsheet shows heury and mpolo are the only ones that have not yet voted, I did not look up the exact state of the votals and who may not yet have voted at the time you did not vote mpolo, and I have not covered every possibility of someone having this role I’m going for the simplest case as a representative example).

Note to plytho: It is this kind of reply that really wears me down, trying to make a thorough reply so you can move on, trying to prevent the later debate because you didn't think of that one possibility out of 20. I just spent a half hour responding to what I suspect is a loaded question from the tone and I don’t even know how it’s loaded yet.


Re Vicarin's read of me in this post:
Vicarin wrote: (still like some answers to those ignored questions though)
Ok. Quote the questions that I’ve ignored and to which you still want answers.

Vicarin wrote: Trying to reread Stellaris and Secret Santa didn't particularly seem different to her town play.
And that was the point I was trying to make all of WoT3. If you scum read me because you feel my gameplay in this game is similar to Stellaris, you need to show how it is different from my town game.

Vicarin wrote:Hence, I tried asking for other people's opinions on bessie's scum meta, but she's trying to shut it down. To everyone reading bessie as strong town: can you please explain to me how you think bessie would be acting differently today if she was scum?
No, I’m not trying to shut it down. You’re the one determined to scum read me. So I’m trying to get you to do the analysis yourself. You think I’m scum, go ahead and present a case yourself. Don’t ask Sabrar to build your case for you. I think it’s hmmm, ironic, that you jump on Mark for his “unoriginal reads” and “just copying something someone else has said” but you fish for opinions on me, to use against me.

You’re not trying to read me or evaluate me. You’ve already decided you want me to be scum and you’re fishing for something to support it.

So you reread Stellaris and Secret Santa. Did you also reread WoT3, Alien Warfare, Newbie New Year, Halloween? No, because I was town in those games. You’re not even interested in them. Are you really interested in looking at me from a neutral point of view, and then sorting me? Why don’t you read Crossover, my alignment changed on D4, maybe you can do an actual comparison between D1-3 and D4.

[Pre post edit: I see that you did reread Refrigerator to scum research plytho, which was one of my town games.]

Vicarin wrote: Am worried recently that she seems to be completely ruling out vote-altering powers in her stated reason for seeing me as scum.
Do you think that this is the only reason I am scum reading you?

My concerns re Vicarin:
1. Hostility toward BoomFrog for Gambit.
2. Hostility toward BoomGambits, incorrect claim that they are used by scum to spill wine.
3. Questionable concern about putting mpolo at L-2, and using it as an excuse not to vote him.
4. Inflexible assertion that we do not have a 3 person scum team, but unwilling to give a reason why you are so sure that a 3 person scum team is impossible.
5. Misrepresenting my BoomGambit analysis.
6. [pre post edit: most of #6 has been redacted]. I don’t think you’re an idiot, and I never said you’re an idiot, and I sincerely professed that I believed the opposite is true. Please don't attribute that sentiment to me.
*7. Repeated questioning over my Wot3 BoomGambit analysis, insisting I go over multiple angles and points repeatedly. You are happy to continue to blast me over this and hammer me if I try to move on, and are happy to have me devote time to this at end of D1 even if it is at the expense of producing content related to the present game.
8. Incorrectly declaring that I didn’t back down in WoT3 which was completely false, as I did make the decision to spend the final hours of D1 on analysis instead of trying to settle a Stellaris argument.
*9. Asking others to prepare the scum case on me that you are unable to do yourself.

[Primary reasons are #7 and 9, followed by #3, others are secondary.]

Compare the above list to the list in this post.


woof
Mark_Cangila
Sabrar
somitomi
plytho
heuristically_alone
BoomFrog
Madge
moody7277
mpolo
Vicarin
Grrr

User avatar
Vicarin
Posts: 7
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2008 7:45 am UTC
Location: Sydney, Australia

Re: Wams chaos game day 1

Postby Vicarin » Mon Sep 10, 2018 5:34 am UTC

I'm not scum reading you? I'm specifically saying I'm town reading you, and I'm worried because I know I town read scum!Bessie. Is that particularly difficult to understand?

User avatar
Vicarin
Posts: 7
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2008 7:45 am UTC
Location: Sydney, Australia

Re: Wams chaos game day 1

Postby Vicarin » Mon Sep 10, 2018 5:41 am UTC

Also, L-2 kills someone if any person voting has a triple vote (vote worth 3 instead of 1), it doesn't require a new voter to have the triple vote.

The example I gave was from the most goddamn bastard game I've seen on this forum, which is why I found it particularly memorable. I'd highly recommend being paranoid about votals in general with the advertised high bastardry, even if there's no triple voter. Linking on mobile is somewhat annoying, so please just search for roleblocking triple voter, it's the only other result.

User avatar
Vicarin
Posts: 7
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2008 7:45 am UTC
Location: Sydney, Australia

Re: Wams chaos game day 1

Postby Vicarin » Mon Sep 10, 2018 6:14 am UTC

The only question I still wanted you to answer with regards to 7) was if you knew what the probability of at least one person out of a pair being scum if the pair is randomly selected from a group of 8 town and 3 scum. Seeing as that takes about 15 seconds to calculate with combinatorics, I didn't think it was going to sap that much time from your analysis.

Further regards to the reading of you: the problem I'm having is you're a good player. I'd like to have a nice fat scumtell or towntell to use for you, but I don't. I just get this general vibe that you're town. Every game. Even, importantly, the games where you're scum. And I know, from reading all these damn games again, that most people do this. I'm not even sure if I've seen you get strongly scumread D1! I guess BoomFrog halfheartedly gave you a scummy position on his ordered list? So when I get this townie feeling about you, and I see everyone else also doing so, this appears to actually be a null tell for you, because you just so damn good at this damn game. Arggghhhh. I SINCERELY thought you were scum D1 last game (go read my scum chat with wam if you don't believe me), because I thought that maybe, you making some analysis mistakes was an indication of you being sloppier as scum. But nooooooooo, it wasn't anything. Bah. And in Stellaris, I damn well bodyguarded you N1! I'm clearly terrible at telling when you're scum D1! But I still need to sort you. And as much as I'd like to just go "eh, town", and let some night results and flips help me out, I was trying to get somewhere by asking other people why they're so sure you're town when I know people have strongly town read scum!bessie D1 before, many times. And then you jump on me for that? What do you want me to do, just spend hours pouring over these past games in case there's some absurd scumtell that you didn't know about like using 'e's more often as scum than town in your typing? As scum, and town, you prod people. You usually tunnel someone D1. You ask plenty of insightful questions. You keep an eye on people who think they might be flying under the radar. You sometimes get caught up in very long arguments, even when incorrect :P. Importantly, unless I'm very much mistaken, these are all NAI for you! What am I supposed to work with if I can't see any indicative behaviour after staring at words for ages. Arrrrrggghhhhh!!!!

Ok, that was cathartic. So yeah, townie read, but i have no goddamn idea if it's correct, because I'm pretty sure everyone reads you that way. Hence a wait and see approach for future days.

User avatar
Vicarin
Posts: 7
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2008 7:45 am UTC
Location: Sydney, Australia

Re: Wams chaos game day 1

Postby Vicarin » Mon Sep 10, 2018 6:39 am UTC

Oh, your comment about the triple voter was trying to rule out people based on the shown votals. Well, you could rule people out based on there not having been a lynch yet, but what makes you think that a vote manipulation power will necessarily turn up in the votals?

User avatar
wam
Posts: 201
Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2012 9:08 am UTC
Location: South England

Re: Wams chaos game day 1

Postby wam » Mon Sep 10, 2018 6:41 am UTC

Vicarin wrote:Hmmm, looks like plytho was a mafia recruit in refrigerator at least, will read soon.


Can't remember order but

Edit 1:changed title to read day 1
Edit 2: added player list
Come join us playing mafia signup here

User avatar
Vicarin
Posts: 7
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2008 7:45 am UTC
Location: Sydney, Australia

Re: Wams chaos game day 1

Postby Vicarin » Mon Sep 10, 2018 6:47 am UTC

There goes that paranoid theory, I just suck at reading apparently.

User avatar
Sabrar
Posts: 42
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:29 pm UTC

Re: Wams chaos game day 1

Postby Sabrar » Mon Sep 10, 2018 7:19 am UTC

Today is a bit busy for me with both work and some irl stuff, I'll try to be online for the deadline but possibly won't be if it's early.
Still liking both Vicarin and mpolo for the lynch, Vicarin a tiny bit better just because I was able to move from mpolo in X-men based on 'vibes' and I see some of the same stuff here.

bessie wrote:Note to plytho: It is this kind of reply that really wears me down, trying to make a thorough reply so you can move on, trying to prevent the later debate because you didn't think of that one possibility out of 20. I just spent a half hour responding to what I suspect is a loaded question from the tone and I don’t even know how it’s loaded yet.
Yes, you should really stop doing yet and get back to that plytho-reread. :D

plytho wrote:
Sabrar wrote:@plytho: your read on BoomFrog contains very few specifics compared to the others, could you expand on it? What do you like about him?
I like him stirring the pot. I have no idea what his alignment is, though.
Thanks, I think it would have been more helpful to make this clear in your read-list.

Vicarin wrote:Whoops, forgot somitomi, put him in.
Any particular reason why you forgot him?

User avatar
Vicarin
Posts: 7
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2008 7:45 am UTC
Location: Sydney, Australia

Re: Wams chaos game day 1

Postby Vicarin » Mon Sep 10, 2018 7:23 am UTC

Sabrar wrote:
Vicarin wrote:Whoops, forgot somitomi, put him in.
Any particular reason why you forgot him?


As I mentioned in my read, he's been kind of blending into the background a bit to me.

User avatar
Sabrar
Posts: 42
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:29 pm UTC

Re: Wams chaos game day 1

Postby Sabrar » Mon Sep 10, 2018 7:31 am UTC

plytho wrote:I have no idea what his alignment is, though.
Actually, why did you phrase it like that instead of a more usual "I don't have a good read on him"?

@Vicarin: ok, I'll wait with my follow-up question in case heury comes back and posts some answers.

User avatar
Sabrar
Posts: 42
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:29 pm UTC

Re: Wams chaos game day 1

Postby Sabrar » Mon Sep 10, 2018 8:07 am UTC

@Madge: why are you still voting for Mark?
@somitomi: why don't you vote?

User avatar
wam
Posts: 201
Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2012 9:08 am UTC
Location: South England

Re: Wams chaos game day 1

Postby wam » Mon Sep 10, 2018 8:45 am UTC

votals
Mpolo - 2 - plytho, moody7277
Vicarin - 3 - boomfrog, sabrar, Bessie
Madge - 2 - mark_cangila. Vicarin
Mark_cangila - 1 - Madge
Not voting: heuristically_alone, mpolo, somitomi

Not playing day 1: jimbobmacdoodle
6 to lynch.

Reminder that you are not to read spoilers till I have declared you dead by pm.

Deadline is at 7pm utc +/- 1 hour today
Come join us playing mafia signup here

User avatar
plytho
¡This cheese is burning me!
Posts: 169
Joined: Sun Mar 02, 2008 6:23 pm UTC

Re: Wams chaos game day 1

Postby plytho » Mon Sep 10, 2018 9:21 am UTC

Sabrar wrote:
plytho wrote:I have no idea what his alignment is, though.
Actually, why did you phrase it like that instead of a more usual "I don't have a good read on him"?
No particular reason.
Pronouns: he him his
Avatar: The High Frontier by Angus McKie

User avatar
Madge
Posts: 66
Joined: Sat Mar 21, 2009 3:45 am UTC
Location: Perth, Western Australia

Re: Wams chaos game day 1

Postby Madge » Mon Sep 10, 2018 10:31 am UTC

BoomFrog wrote:I'd like to try an experiment. @Madge, would you vote for me, then put your vote where you like after that?


Vote boomfrog

Stays here. I am in Pemberton tonight for work. Only phone. Early night.
I'm writing a supernatural romance novel, it updates the first weekend of every month. You can find it here.

User avatar
Sabrar
Posts: 42
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:29 pm UTC

Re: Wams chaos game day 1

Postby Sabrar » Mon Sep 10, 2018 10:34 am UTC

Just to make it clear, are you reading BoomFrog as scum?

User avatar
Madge
Posts: 66
Joined: Sat Mar 21, 2009 3:45 am UTC
Location: Perth, Western Australia

Re: Wams chaos game day 1

Postby Madge » Mon Sep 10, 2018 10:35 am UTC

No time for reads tonight not even vibe reads. I'm sorry all. I'll try to have something tomorrow.
I'm writing a supernatural romance novel, it updates the first weekend of every month. You can find it here.

User avatar
Madge
Posts: 66
Joined: Sat Mar 21, 2009 3:45 am UTC
Location: Perth, Western Australia

Re: Wams chaos game day 1

Postby Madge » Mon Sep 10, 2018 10:37 am UTC

I think claiming scum d1 is scummy but really all the chaos swirling around makes it hard to say one way or another. I'm hoping again that tomorrow we'll have something to work with.
I'm writing a supernatural romance novel, it updates the first weekend of every month. You can find it here.

User avatar
Madge
Posts: 66
Joined: Sat Mar 21, 2009 3:45 am UTC
Location: Perth, Western Australia

Re: Wams chaos game day 1

Postby Madge » Mon Sep 10, 2018 10:37 am UTC

It'll be chaotic but I can work with that.
I'm writing a supernatural romance novel, it updates the first weekend of every month. You can find it here.

User avatar
Vicarin
Posts: 7
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2008 7:45 am UTC
Location: Sydney, Australia

Re: Wams chaos game day 1

Postby Vicarin » Mon Sep 10, 2018 11:30 am UTC

I'm really liking Madge + BoomFrog being on the same scum team now.

User avatar
Sabrar
Posts: 42
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:29 pm UTC

Re: Wams chaos game day 1

Postby Sabrar » Mon Sep 10, 2018 11:35 am UTC

Is that based on anything more concrete other than BoomFrog's request and Madge's vote?

User avatar
Mark_Cangila
Posts: 34
Joined: Fri Mar 16, 2018 4:34 pm UTC

Re: Wams chaos game day 1

Postby Mark_Cangila » Mon Sep 10, 2018 11:57 am UTC

Bessie wrote:So go ahead and link one and I’ll concede that you are correct and I am wrong.


I don't like this.
It reminds me of Vicarin's wasting of your time in WOT3. Please explain how it is different, or more acceptable than Vicarin's wasting of your time.

User avatar
Sabrar
Posts: 42
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:29 pm UTC

Re: Wams chaos game day 1

Postby Sabrar » Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:01 pm UTC

@Mark: if you reflect on the different circumstances of the two requests you should be able to figure it out for yourself.

User avatar
Vicarin
Posts: 7
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2008 7:45 am UTC
Location: Sydney, Australia

Re: Wams chaos game day 1

Postby Vicarin » Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:06 pm UTC

Sabrar wrote:Is that based on anything more concrete other than BoomFrog's request and Madge's vote?


Also my previously mentioned distaste of BoomFrog's rather bad defence of "it's just Madge being Madge".

User avatar
moody7277
Posts: 581
Joined: Thu Aug 14, 2008 7:06 pm UTC
Location: Extreme south Texas

Re: Wams chaos game day 1

Postby moody7277 » Mon Sep 10, 2018 1:10 pm UTC

moody7277 wrote:the whole gambit effectiveness debate among posts 29-41 gets into the weeds, gets personal. I don't imagine scum would get into that kind of argument in order to manufacture content. (cynical view here: he did come down on the side against using it to get useful information)


bessie wrote:*7. Repeated questioning over my Wot3 BoomGambit analysis, insisting I go over multiple angles and points repeatedly. You are happy to continue to blast me over this and hammer me if I try to move on, and are happy to have me devote time to this at end of D1 even if it is at the expense of producing content related to the present game.


@bessie: The way I'm reading your primary concern, which I also made note of, is that you're accusing Vicarin of active lurking in respect to the whole gambit debate. Is that the case?
The story of my life in xkcdmafia:

Tigerlion wrote:Well, I imagine as the game progresses, various people will be getting moody.


BoomFrog wrote:I still have no idea what town moody really looks like.

User avatar
somitomi
Posts: 654
Joined: Fri Nov 06, 2015 11:21 pm UTC
Location: can be found in Hungary
Contact:

Re: Wams chaos game day 1

Postby somitomi » Mon Sep 10, 2018 1:16 pm UTC

Sabrar wrote:@somitomi: why don't you vote?

I'm indecisive as usual, because none of my scumreads feel particularly strong (that's my reason for disliking D1). My view of Vicarin has improved over the last page or so, his reads look fairly reasonable and his frustration with reading bessie seems genuine. At the same time, the utter lack of anything useful in Madge's posts is pinging me more and more as time passes. Yes, she's usually not active D1, but this time she hasn't even given us vibe reads she could refuse to explain :P
Sorry Madge :cry:
Vote: Madge
—◯-◯

User avatar
Sabrar
Posts: 42
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:29 pm UTC

Re: Wams chaos game day 1

Postby Sabrar » Mon Sep 10, 2018 1:22 pm UTC

So you're willing to set up a tie, not knowing how it will be resolved?

User avatar
Vicarin
Posts: 7
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2008 7:45 am UTC
Location: Sydney, Australia

Re: Wams chaos game day 1

Postby Vicarin » Mon Sep 10, 2018 1:24 pm UTC

You think this tie won't be broken in the next 6 hours? What the hell?

User avatar
Vicarin
Posts: 7
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2008 7:45 am UTC
Location: Sydney, Australia

Re: Wams chaos game day 1

Postby Vicarin » Mon Sep 10, 2018 1:26 pm UTC

By that amazing logic I'd be the only viable lynch target right, as voting anyone else sets up a tie at some point.

Ok, revise my read of Sabrar wayyyyyy scummier.

User avatar
Sabrar
Posts: 42
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:29 pm UTC

Re: Wams chaos game day 1

Postby Sabrar » Mon Sep 10, 2018 1:34 pm UTC

Why do you presume to know the reason behind my question? Why don't you let somitomi answer first? I was interested in his reaction, not yours.

User avatar
Vicarin
Posts: 7
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2008 7:45 am UTC
Location: Sydney, Australia

Re: Wams chaos game day 1

Postby Vicarin » Mon Sep 10, 2018 1:42 pm UTC

Because that question is coming from a blatantly scummy place? It's implicitly suggesting that any vote right now sets up a tie (a bad thing) even though that vote in particular is not likely to, and is in fact required to have competing wagons (a good thing). It's like you're trying to shut down voting. And now you're trying to hide by saying that your reasons are much too complicated to be understood by other people.

User avatar
somitomi
Posts: 654
Joined: Fri Nov 06, 2015 11:21 pm UTC
Location: can be found in Hungary
Contact:

Re: Wams chaos game day 1

Postby somitomi » Mon Sep 10, 2018 1:46 pm UTC

Sabrar wrote:So you're willing to set up a tie, not knowing how it will be resolved?

This seemed better than Vicarin's certain death, since he's the third most suspicious to me at the moment (for completeness, mpolo is second). Plus there are still two other people not voting (why didn't you ask them to vote by the way?) and I'll probably be online before deadline to see how things develop.
—◯-◯

User avatar
BoomFrog
Posts: 1069
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 5:59 am UTC
Location: Seattle

Re: Wams chaos game day 1

Postby BoomFrog » Mon Sep 10, 2018 1:49 pm UTC

Madge wrote:Vote boomfrog

Stays here.

That was not the result I expected, but I guess I should have... :?
"Everything I need to know about parenting I learned from cooking. Don't be afraid to experiment, and eat your mistakes." - Cronos

User avatar
somitomi
Posts: 654
Joined: Fri Nov 06, 2015 11:21 pm UTC
Location: can be found in Hungary
Contact:

Re: Wams chaos game day 1

Postby somitomi » Mon Sep 10, 2018 1:50 pm UTC

Oh and I might just let fate decide, because CHAOS :P
—◯-◯

User avatar
BoomFrog
Posts: 1069
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 5:59 am UTC
Location: Seattle

Re: Wams chaos game day 1

Postby BoomFrog » Mon Sep 10, 2018 1:52 pm UTC

Vicarin wrote:
Sabrar wrote:Is that based on anything more concrete other than BoomFrog's request and Madge's vote?


Also my previously mentioned distaste of BoomFrog's rather bad defence of "it's just Madge being Madge".

I think you misunderstood. "Madge pretending to be Madge" would be scummy Madge trying too hard to appear flippant, which I am suspicious that she is. I believe it's the same concern Sabrar and plytho have.
"Everything I need to know about parenting I learned from cooking. Don't be afraid to experiment, and eat your mistakes." - Cronos

User avatar
Sabrar
Posts: 42
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:29 pm UTC

Re: Wams chaos game day 1

Postby Sabrar » Mon Sep 10, 2018 1:56 pm UTC

Vicarin wrote:It's implicitly suggesting that any vote right now sets up a tie
No. It just looks for a reaction, trying to judge whether somitomi even noticed the tie or if he would offer to unvote should it become necessary.

Vicarin wrote:It's like you're trying to shut down voting.
Seriously? You think I'm trying to shut down voting several hours before deadline in a transparent way when several players are just coming online? Sure, if you say so... :roll:

Vicarin wrote:And now you're trying to hide by saying that your reasons are much too complicated to be understood by other people.
Well, I've done several things in the past not really understood by other people so this wouldn't be something new. But no, this was just a quick test, rendered ineffective by you.


Return to “Mafia”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 14 guests