Wams chaos game day 5

For your simulated organized crime needs.

Moderators: jestingrabbit, Moderators General, Prelates

jimbobmacdoodle

Re: Wams chaos game day 2

Postby jimbobmacdoodle » Fri Sep 14, 2018 8:20 am UTC

Madge wrote:@Madge: why are you voting Sabrar? In particular, if you think bessie and Sabrar are buddies, why are you voting him and not bessie?

Good point!

unvote

vote: bessie

I don't have any voting related power or restriction, though. [/quote]You never actually answered my question. Let me put it another way: why are you voting bessie and not Sabrar?
Madge wrote:Trying to focus on being helpful. and having some chaotic fun, but hopefully not too much.
How are your votes being helpful?
ConMan wrote:Vote Sabrar

FoS everyone else who jumped on that bandwagon
This seems like quite an extreme reaction. I've suggested several theories, some of which are likely wrong. Are you going to vote me? How about Madge, who just enumerated different reasons why alignments weren't revealed, one or more of which are likely wrong?
Sabrar wrote:and no new evidence was brought forward for you to change your mind.
Not true: you pointed out that mpolo's name was not revealed, unlike Vicarin. I suppose the evidence was there before, I just missed it.

Thank you plytho for your response. No further follow up there until I've reviewed D1.
ConMan wrote:The N1 deaths were on neither list (so only BoomFrog got redirected to Mark, and only one player got redirected to mpolo), so (again assuming that this set of redirects is final) I know who was actually targeted with the NKs.
Why couldn't the player redirected to Mark have been Mark's killer?
bessie wrote:The underlined implies scum knows they are pushing town.
Why would scum know if Vicarin was town?
Why would Vicarin’s alignment make my push on him suspect?
Fair comment on the underlined statement. However, what I should have written was that scum are more likely to push those who are not on their team than their buddies, given that this game is likely multiball. Presumably, scum knew he wasn't their buddy.
Your push led to a mislynch. Anything that leads to a mislynch is suspect in my books. Yes, you could be mistaken town, but causing a mislynch increases the chances you are scum.
Sabrar wrote:@jimbob: why is bessie a better vote-target than me if we're buddies?
Go back and see if you can figure out why I asked that question. If you're still not sure and want an answer, then let me know.
BlitzGirl the Primordial
matthewglen wrote:Cueball looks concerned.

jimbobmacdoodle

Postby jimbobmacdoodle » Fri Sep 14, 2018 8:23 am UTC

jimbobmacdoodle wrote:
Madge wrote:@Madge: why are you voting Sabrar? In particular, if you think bessie and Sabrar are buddies, why are you voting him and not bessie?

Good point!

unvote

I don't have any voting related power or restriction, though.
You never actually answered my question. Let me put it another way: why are you voting bessie and not Sabrar?
Madge wrote:Trying to focus on being helpful. and having some chaotic fun, but hopefully not too much.
How are your votes being helpful?
ConMan wrote:Vote Sabrar

FoS everyone else who jumped on that bandwagon
This seems like quite an extreme reaction. I've suggested several theories, some of which are likely wrong. Are you going to vote me? How about Madge, who just enumerated different reasons why alignments weren't revealed, one or more of which are likely wrong?
Sabrar wrote:and no new evidence was brought forward for you to change your mind.
Not true: you pointed out that mpolo's name was not revealed, unlike Vicarin. I suppose the evidence was there before, I just missed it.

Thank you plytho for your response. No further follow up there until I've reviewed D1.
ConMan wrote:The N1 deaths were on neither list (so only BoomFrog got redirected to Mark, and only one player got redirected to mpolo), so (again assuming that this set of redirects is final) I know who was actually targeted with the NKs.
Why couldn't the player redirected to Mark have been Mark's killer?
Fair comment on the underlined statement. However, what I should have written was that scum are more likely to push those who are not on their team than their buddies, given that this game is likely multiball. Presumably, scum knew he wasn't their buddy.
Your push led to a mislynch. Anything that leads to a mislynch is suspect in my books. Yes, you could be mistaken town, but causing a mislynch increases the chances you are scum.
Sabrar wrote:@jimbob: why is bessie a better vote-target than me if we're buddies?
Go back and see if you can figure out why I asked that question. If you're still not sure and want an answer, then let me know.[/quote]
BlitzGirl the Primordial

jimbobmacdoodle

Postby jimbobmacdoodle » Fri Sep 14, 2018 8:25 am UTC

Aaargghh stupid phone.

Unvote

In case my broken quote vote gets counted. Also, that opening quote should be me nested in Madge, not the way round it currently is.
BlitzGirl the Primordial

plytho
¡This cheese is burning me!

Postby plytho » Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:13 am UTC

Well, there's a solid argument for keeping away from L-1 :)
Pronouns: he him his
Avatar: The High Frontier by Angus McKie

jimbobmacdoodle

Postby jimbobmacdoodle » Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:24 am UTC

plytho wrote:Well, there's a solid argument for keeping away from L-1 :)
Haha, yeah. I now have a good method if I ever want to "accidentally" hammer someone...
BlitzGirl the Primordial

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Fri Sep 14, 2018 1:19 pm UTC

@somitomi: what are your current reads?

moody7277

Postby moody7277 » Fri Sep 14, 2018 1:29 pm UTC

Madge wrote:oh I have PLENTY to complain about but i'm going to be quiet because nobody cares :lol:. Trying to focus on being helpful. and having some chaotic fun, but hopefully not too much.

[music]strike, strike, strike the useful balance[/music]

Looks like some people are coming around to the solo big-ego "mafia" idea. While I think it might be likely, I wouldn't want to count on it as it might give us more security that is safe.

Having a hard time with reads since three of my four bottom people are now dead, and most of who's left I have at least a moderately strong town read on.

Will it be announced if a faction is eliminated?

Will LYLO/MYLO be announced?
The story of my life in xkcdmafia:

Tigerlion wrote:Well, I imagine as the game progresses, various people will be getting moody.

BoomFrog wrote:I still have no idea what town moody really looks like.

plytho

Postby plytho » Fri Sep 14, 2018 7:15 pm UTC

Right, let’s give this a shot. I agree with moody that things are quite tricky with my/the scummiest D1 reads flipping blank and a scum flip that’s hard to associate with others.

Somitomi: Very little mark interaction. D2 content is pretty low. There’s a strange interaction with bessie but not that strange from somi’s side. His motivation for switching to Vicarin at the last minute was a little weird, perhaps? I felt like the Vicarin lynch was decided at that point. So a content based switch feels strange.

Sabrar: Had a town read on Mark, called on Madge to remove her Mark vote (most likely just part of his Madge push).

Nitpicking:
Spoiler:
Sabrar wrote:
Madge wrote:@Sabrar: why specifically do you specify there's no Mafia A? Is that a slip? We haven't seen Mafia B, have we?
Nope, I was guessing at mod's intention. Existence of C implies A+B, B would imply A, A would imply B but to a slightly lesser degree. Removing A causes maximum chaos.
I actually think removing B causes maximum chaos. As you say, A implies B to a lesser degree, so C implies 2 or 3 teams, B implies 2 teams and A implies 1 or 2.

Sabrar wrote:@heury: I would be interested in your reply to this (along of course any additional thought you have).
Why ask heury about that specifically? (feel free to answer this after heury shows up (or disappears).

Also, what’s with your focus on bessie’s read of me?

Another aside:
Spoiler:
Sabrar wrote:Let's play a little game called 'Lynch-All-Lurkers'.
Does this ever happen? I get the impression that replacement/modkill is the usual procedure here. I don’t think I’ve seen someone get lynched just for lurking.

Sabrar wrote:@ConMan: You originally claimed only 1 redirection regarding the nk-s. Now you're saying that there was a mass redirection power and no nk-s hit their intended target. Why don't you just reveal your results (without your role) and help investigative roles figure out who they actually targetted instead of being cryptic?
Hmm, this feels kind of rolefishy. If not for ConMan’s role than for whoever did the redirecting.

Sabrar, like BoomFrog/ConMan and bessie are the one’s for whom Vicarins flip would have been very useful in determining their alignment. If Vicarin was town one of them could have janitored him to protect themselves. On the other hand, Vicarin’s scumbuddy could have janitored him to make Sabroomssie look suspicious or at least prevent them from getting mad town cred.

Moody: Doesn’t really have anything on mark, was one of a few people putting him in a voteable 3 I think. Explained after the flip by the L-1 shenanigan. D2 content pretty limited , some responses to Sabrar and a heury read. Madge and heury voteable.
moody7277"Looks like some people are coming around to the solo big-ego "mafia" idea. While I think it might be likely, I wouldn't want to count on it as it might give us more security that is safe.[/quote] I don’t understand that last sentence? Has trouble making reads (I can relate.) Mostly a gut feel but I’m still liking moody. I feel like he’s peering through the chaos with clarity.

Madge: Very votey this game, not sure I believe her claim that she has no power related to voting. I like that she’s got an opinion on people (Sabrar and bessie being co-aligned). [quote="Madge wrote:
I think you and Sabrar might have the same alignment, though.
Do you think they’re chatting or does your vibe include two regular townies?
There’s some oddness in Madge’s posting/voting so could be scummy.

Heuristically_alone: Low content D1, no content D2. Hasn’t been online in nearly 40 hours. He’s not near Florence, is he? Does anyone know?
I don’t really know what to do with this kind of lurking. If he doesn’t manage to provide one really decent post a day from now on I’ll probably vote him.

ConMan: I am extremely happy that ConMan follows BoomFrog alphabetically. I also like how they’ve both got camelcase usernames. My first impression of ConMan is quite townie. He’s sharing useful results with town. I don’t believe I’ve played with ConMan before but the move he’s making would be quite bold coming from scum. So I’m putting him down as a townie read. (I’m aware a scum mass redirector could open with such a gambit.)

I skipped jimbob and bessie, I’ll try to find some time for them tomorrow as they’re more difficult to unpack.

wam

Postby wam » Fri Sep 14, 2018 7:16 pm UTC

moody7277 wrote:
Will it be announced if a faction is eliminated?

Will LYLO/MYLO be announced?

yes

No
Come join us playing mafia signup here

plytho

Postby plytho » Fri Sep 14, 2018 7:17 pm UTC

Fixed moody and Madge:

Moody: Doesn’t really have anything on mark, was one of a few people putting him in a voteable 3 I think. Explained after the flip by the L-1 shenanigan. D2 content pretty limited , some responses to Sabrar and a heury read. Madge and heury voteable.
moody7277 wrote:Looks like some people are coming around to the solo big-ego "mafia" idea. While I think it might be likely, I wouldn't want to count on it as it might give us more security that is safe.
I don’t understand that last sentence? Has trouble making reads (I can relate.) Mostly a gut feel but I’m still liking moody. I feel like he’s peering through the chaos with clarity.

Madge: Very votey this game, not sure I believe her claim that she has no power related to voting. I like that she’s got an opinion on people (Sabrar and bessie being co-aligned).
Madge wrote: I think you and Sabrar might have the same alignment, though.
There’s some oddness in Madge’s posting/voting so could be scummy.

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Fri Sep 14, 2018 7:35 pm UTC

Nitpick/aside
Spoiler:
chaos: I looked at it from a different angle, a flip of anything but A implies at least 2 scum-teams, a flip of A might imply only 1 so we don't 'descend' into chaos looking for multiple. Therefore mod doesn't want an A flip. But I can see your pov as well.

lurker-lynch: it happened in Secret Santa 2016 on D1, lurker was scum, SDK made a fantastic read based of only 1 post.
plytho wrote:Why ask heury about that specifically? (feel free to answer this after heury shows up (or disappears).
Planning to.

plytho wrote:Also, what’s with your focus on bessie’s read of me?
I don't trust you (because Shakespeare). At first I needed a second opinion from someone I considered town. Since then I also felt that bessie was avoiding the question despite promising to come back to it.

plytho wrote:Hmm, this feels kind of rolefishy. If not for ConMan’s role than for whoever did the redirecting.
Nope. He already claimed mass redirect that affected a lot of people. I'm not looking for mechanics, I'm looking for a graph that tells us who was redirected to whom. ConMan claims to have this but he's not sharing. Suppose SDK is Watcher, watched Peaceful Whale last night, got a result of "Your target was visited by wam". If ConMan reveals that actions on PW were redirected to mpolo then we would immediately know that wam killed mpolo. But now we might have 2 separate pieces of info that are not useful because ConMan is holding back.

plytho

Postby plytho » Fri Sep 14, 2018 7:55 pm UTC

Sabrar wrote:I'm looking for a graph that tells us who was redirected to whom.
I get that, my point is that this graph might point out who did the redirecting, assuming one redirector.

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Fri Sep 14, 2018 8:15 pm UTC

I don't think so, ConMan claimed 3 players untouchable and 3 players double-targetted, therefore there should not be any singularity.

plytho

Postby plytho » Fri Sep 14, 2018 8:21 pm UTC

I wasn't thinking about a singularity. More a pattern to match with a reads list. Then again there weren't too many of those.

moody7277

Postby moody7277 » Fri Sep 14, 2018 8:47 pm UTC

plytho wrote:I don’t understand that last sentence?

Let's see how this goes:

--wam's goal for this game is chaos
--the default assumption for a "mafia" faction is that it has two or more members
--it would therefore make for chaos if one of the factions were just a SK with a fancy name

Looks like a lot of people are to here

--given the flips, we know there are at least two killing factions
--with the standard assumption, this would have us starting out with at least 4 scum*
--if we allowed for a one-person "mafia", that would mean one less scum to start with, meaning that we might have one more mislynch before losing (would have to work the math to say for sure).

So the question is, do we play with max paranoia and assume more scum? Answer from wam implies that mafia C probably started at two.

*I would say not much more than this as it affects the whole "any faction can win" thing

Tigerlion wrote:Well, I imagine as the game progresses, various people will be getting moody.

jimbobmacdoodle

Postby jimbobmacdoodle » Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:11 pm UTC

moody7277 wrote:Looks like a lot of people are to here

--given the flips, we know there are at least two killing factions
--with the standard assumption, this would have us starting out with at least 4 scum*
--if we allowed for a one-person "mafia", that would mean one less scum to start with, meaning that we might have one more mislynch before losing (would have to work the math to say for sure).

So the question is, do we play with max paranoia and assume more scum? Answer from wam implies that mafia C probably started at two.

*I would say not much more than this as it affects the whole "any faction can win" thing
I think there are two flaws in moody's comments above:
1) We don't know there are 2 killing factions. There could a) be a killing faction with multiple kills, or b) a town vig/PGO/something else that resulted in a death.
2) The last point assumes that scum don't kill each other, as presumably already happened with Mark's death (whether deliberate or otherwise) (assuming that Mark actually was Mafia...).

Also, the asterisk statement is technically not correct. Any faction can win, wam said, but also balance isn't guaranteed. Theoretically, we could have started with 1 townie and 11 scum... (the latter split between multiple factions), for these criteria to be met.

@moody: please could you explain why you didn't see any of the above points.

I need to spend some time gathering my thoughts, and since it's late and I'm STILL jetlagged, I'm going to save it until tomorrow. I'll try to do a reads list, and a bit more of a review of D1, to refresh my memory.
BlitzGirl the Primordial

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:20 pm UTC

plytho wrote:I wasn't thinking about a singularity. More a pattern to match with a reads list. Then again there weren't too many of those.
You think there is a role in this game that is a redirector for all players? Isn't it much more likely that randomness is built into the setup and ConMan just gets the info?

plytho

Postby plytho » Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:29 pm UTC

Yeah that's what I think/thought. Built in randomness, hmm, could be. Could be fixed redirection or different every night. Need to think more about it.

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:33 pm UTC

So now do you see why ConMan should share the info?

plytho

Postby plytho » Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:36 pm UTC

I see your point of view. Not sure I agree with it yet :) I'm going to sleep on it.

moody7277

Postby moody7277 » Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:49 pm UTC

@jimbob.

Your rebuttal point 1b (some kind of town aligned kill) might explain why mpolo was killed (early bandwagon and such). As was pointed out earlier, practically nobody was scumreading Mark, so he probably wouldn't have attracted the attention of a vig, though his death would fit into your PGO idea. On your point 2 (scum v scum killing), I don't think we could rely on it wrt being lax in scumhunting; it may have been accidental. I don't have quite the imagination to come up with stuff like your 11 scum vs. 1 town Wild West shootout; sounds like you were leaning toward the Alien Warfare setup with that description.

Madge

Postby Madge » Fri Sep 14, 2018 11:27 pm UTC

Sabrar wrote:
Madge wrote:
jimbobmacdoodle wrote:@Madge: why are you voting Sabrar? In particular, if you think bessie and Sabrar are buddies, why are you voting him and not bessie?

@jimbob: why is bessie a better vote-target than me if we're buddies?
@Madge: same question

Good point!

unvote

vote: sabrar

somitomi wrote:
Madge wrote:3) Directly tied in with resurrection power which we can be pretty sure exists (if your alignment is revealed you can't be resurrected)

Why could we be sure about that?

geez guys, can't you detect good old fashioned australian sarcasm? I was making fun of people stating so confidently that we had resurrection. that said, "you're not dead until I say you're dead in PM", to me makes me think it's more likely than not that we have resurrection powers.

jimbobmacdoodle wrote:

Good point!

unvote

[/quote]You never actually answered my question. Let me put it another way: why are you voting bessie and not Sabrar?

I'm not, I'm voting Sabrar now :lol:

I think they're equally likely to be scum, which is to say, probably not very.

plytho wrote:
Madge wrote: I think you and Sabrar might have the same alignment, though.

Just the way they're interacting, it's vibing me as interactions they have when they're both town, and I think if they're both scum they'd be able to fake it just as convincingly, so I think they're probably co-aligned as they'd be getting into it a lot more if they weren't.

Also, I have an assignment I really need to bang out this weekend, so mafia playing time is going to be limited.
I'm writing a supernatural romance novel, it updates the first weekend of every month. You can find it here.

Madge

Postby Madge » Fri Sep 14, 2018 11:28 pm UTC

i copied jimbob's crappiley nested quotes but you can figure out what i meant.
I'm writing a supernatural romance novel, it updates the first weekend of every month. You can find it here.

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Sat Sep 15, 2018 4:43 am UTC

@Madge: so who is scum in your opinion and why are you not voting them?

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Sat Sep 15, 2018 11:04 am UTC

I'll be forced to take drastic actions if people don't start contributing soon. :evil:

Spoiler:
Taking the nephew to the zoo so it will have to wait.

plytho

Postby plytho » Sat Sep 15, 2018 1:40 pm UTC

Right, sorry, no jimbob and bessie today. I can answer questions though if you have any.

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Sat Sep 15, 2018 2:52 pm UTC

@all: please give a straightforward yes/no answer to the following question. Please don't delay your response by asking questions that I won't answer. You can give reasons for your decision (in fact I encourage it) but you should commit yourself either way.

Suppose that we have the opportunity to lynch 2 players today but with the caveat that one of them has to be Madge. Do you think we should do it?

Madge

Postby Madge » Sat Sep 15, 2018 2:53 pm UTC

why is that? BECAUSE YOU HAVE SECRET SCUM CHAT WITH THEM????

Spoiler:
i was just at a billy joel tribute concert IN CASE ANYONE CARES WHICH YOU PROPBABLY DON"T but apparently we're putting our personal life in spoilers now?????

anyway the guy stumbled ever so slightly in We Didn't Start The Fire and I TOTALLY NOTICED so there

Madge

Postby Madge » Sat Sep 15, 2018 2:55 pm UTC

Sabrar wrote:Suppose that we have the opportunity to lynch 2 players today but with the caveat that one of them has to be Madge. Do you think we should do it?

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO :x :twisted: :cry:

Madge

Postby Madge » Sat Sep 15, 2018 3:00 pm UTC

also i didn't mean to do the evil smiley i meant to do the angry smiley :evil:

Madge

Postby Madge » Sat Sep 15, 2018 3:01 pm UTC

also i think sabrar's hinted power is scummy. i'm going to think about things. maybe he is scum after all.

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Sat Sep 15, 2018 3:07 pm UTC

You have 0 idea what my power is, that I know for sure.

moody7277

Postby moody7277 » Sat Sep 15, 2018 3:57 pm UTC

Sabrar wrote:@all: please give a straightforward yes/no answer to the following question. Please don't delay your response by asking questions that I won't answer. You can give reasons for your decision (in fact I encourage it) but you should commit yourself either way.

Suppose that we have the opportunity to lynch 2 players today but with the caveat that one of them has to be Madge. Do you think we should do it?

At this exact moment, I would say yes. Might be no by end of day depending on if my feel about her has improved.

plytho

Postby plytho » Sat Sep 15, 2018 4:15 pm UTC

Yes for me.

There's oddness in Madge's posts and I'm optimistically hoping for that D1 wagon analysis.

somitomi

Postby somitomi » Sat Sep 15, 2018 6:00 pm UTC

Spoiler:
Sorry, I was doing minor car and bicycle repairs, helping my mom move windows around for painting and such.

Sabrar wrote:@somitomi: what are your current reads?

I will get back to this shortly, I'll have to reread some things this evening. What I know is the two people I considered scummiest are dead without a flip and the one person I was about to file under "newbie town" flipped scum.
plytho wrote:His motivation for switching to Vicarin at the last minute was a little weird, perhaps? I felt like the Vicarin lynch was decided at that point. So a content based switch feels strange.

I didn't read much of the last couple of posts before posting that, because "AAHHHH deadline's soon! AAAAHHH".
Madge wrote:geez guys, can't you detect good old fashioned australian sarcasm

No, but if you have a surefire way of detecting sarcasm through text, then please contact the Royal Swedish Academy of Sciences (Box 50005, SE-104 05 Stockholm, Sweden) about your Nobel Prize.
Sabrar wrote:Suppose that we have the opportunity to lynch 2 players today but with the caveat that one of them has to be Madge. Do you think we should do it?

I'm afraid lynching two people in a single day might just get us to LYLO/MYLO faster, so I guess that's a no from me.
—◯-◯

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Sat Sep 15, 2018 6:14 pm UTC

Thank you for the answers so far, keep 'em coming. Also please don't comment on other players' replies until everyone had a chance to state their opinion.

bessie

Postby bessie » Sat Sep 15, 2018 7:41 pm UTC

I’m here. Reading through and writing replies now.

bessie’s RL:
Spoiler:
I’m forced to be lead for an audit that for the most part is outside my knowledge base because there is no one else. We hired someone over a month ago but he needed a few weeks to give notice for his current job, fair enough, we should still have time. He emailed us on the morning he was supposed to start to say he changed his mind. The other person we had lined up fell through. The situation is serious enough that we are looking into forfeiting this certification, because it would be better than audit failure. Unless I can pull a miracle out of my ass.

jimbobmacdoodle

Postby jimbobmacdoodle » Sat Sep 15, 2018 8:06 pm UTC

Sabrar wrote:I'll be forced to take drastic actions if people don't start contributing soon. :evil:
Sorry, I got caught up all day with my old lodger moving out, leaving his room mostly uncleaned, and then 3 hours to clean it before my new one moved in. But I'm here now.

I'm thinking about moody's response here:
moody7277 wrote:@jimbob.

Your rebuttal point 1b (some kind of town aligned kill) might explain why mpolo was killed (early bandwagon and such). As was pointed out earlier, practically nobody was scumreading Mark, so he probably wouldn't have attracted the attention of a vig, though his death would fit into your PGO idea. On your point 2 (scum v scum killing), I don't think we could rely on it wrt being lax in scumhunting; it may have been accidental. I don't have quite the imagination to come up with stuff like your 11 scum vs. 1 town Wild West shootout; sounds like you were leaning toward the Alien Warfare setup with that description.
My original request was for moody to explain why he didn't come up with some of the (fairly simple) ideas that I suggested when he proposed some elements of the setup (e.g. more mislynches before MYLO, only a single scum team etc). This answer doesn't answer the comment, in my view.
Madge wrote:I think they're equally likely to be scum, which is to say, probably not very.
If they're not very likely to be scum, then who is likely to be scum? Why are you voting for either of them? Why are you being singularly unhelpful?
The way I'm feeling about Madge, I kind of think so. Downside is the delay before we get any flip, and also the remote chance she's a jester or similar. I'll be doing a reads list a bit later, and I'll give a hopefully more definitive answer then, once I have a clear scum read for the second player.
Madge wrote:

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO :x :twisted: :cry:
Perhaps you could try contributing some more, to give us a reason not to lynch you?
Sabrar wrote:You have 0 idea what my power is, that I know for sure.
Interesting. How do you know Madge isn't a rolecop or similar, or has made a lucky guess?
Sabrar wrote:Thank you for the answers so far, keep 'em coming. Also please don't comment on other players' replies until everyone had a chance to state their opinion.
*itches to respond to one or more of the comments*.

I'm going to start work on that reads list.
BlitzGirl the Primordial

moody7277

Postby moody7277 » Sat Sep 15, 2018 8:40 pm UTC

jimbobmacdoodle wrote:My original request was for moody to explain why he didn't come up with some of the (fairly simple) ideas that I suggested when he proposed some elements of the setup (e.g. more mislynches before MYLO, only a single scum team etc). This answer doesn't answer the comment, in my view.

Okay, I can give you a one word answer for this: brainfart.

bessie

Postby bessie » Sat Sep 15, 2018 9:05 pm UTC

plytho wrote:
bessie wrote:Why not this:
-Mafia A kills Mark.
-Mafia B kills mpolo.
-Mafia C is roleblocked.
Why didn’t you consider mpolo was killed by Mafia-Not-C? Or do you think mpolo was mafia?
I'm not saying "not this" I'm saying "more likely that". I had more post but it was eaten.
No, you said this:
plytho wrote:I'm assuming mafia C killed mpolo (the C might be a red herring btw) an odd target perhaps as he was under pressure and looked quite lynchable. Who gains by killing mpolo?
You not only assumed Mafia C killed mpolo, you immediately focused on who might have gained by killing mpolo.

plytho wrote:
bessie wrote:Hmm, there’s a lot of Vicarin love in that post. If you haven't really followed the arguement, how can you come to the conclusion that my arguments aren't convincing?
The argument I didn't follow was the gambit success rate discussion between you and Vicarin. The arguments that didn't convince me were your arguments for scumreading him. (from this post)
So what did convince you to switch to Vicarin? BoomFrog’s arguments, or was it all about Madge?

jimbobmacdoodle wrote:
Town can push pretty hard too, when they feel confident that they have caught scum (or so I've been told :P ).
If Vicarin was a mislynch it is not a given. I know that you feel that something in your role points to Vicarin being town, but you can’t prove it at this time, so as far as I know Vicarin was scum.

plytho wrote: Somitomi: Very little mark interaction. D2 content is pretty low. There’s a strange interaction with bessie but not that strange from somi’s side.
Which I’m sure you will go in to a little more when you analyze me.

plytho wrote:Sabrar, like BoomFrog/ConMan and bessie are the one’s for whom Vicarins flip would have been very useful in determining their alignment. If Vicarin was town one of them could have janitored him to protect themselves. On the other hand, Vicarin’s scumbuddy could have janitored him to make Sabroomssie look suspicious or at least prevent them from getting mad town cred.
Are you not following my prodding of jimbob along similar lines? If we are in multiball, scum can legitimately scumhunt.

plytho wrote:Heuristically_alone: Low content D1, no content D2. Hasn’t been online in nearly 40 hours. He’s not near Florence, is he? Does anyone know?
I’m starting to get worried myself. I’m hoping he is just really busy with work or something, because he had mentioned being out of town most of D1.

jimbobmacdoodle wrote:1) We don't know there are 2 killing factions. There could a) be a killing faction with multiple kills, or b) a town vig/PGO/something else that resulted in a death.
Or three killing factions.

Is this two separate lynches, or someone that Madge will be tied to so if that person is lynched, Madge goes too? I would support lynching Madge regardless of whether or not it is a second lynch or the day’s lynch. Will try to do an updated read today and give reasons. Pre post edit: was preparing this post and realized that I didn’t answer the actual question. I would support two lynches if one is Madge and there is a reasonable second lynch candidate.

Sabrar wrote:also i think sabrar's hinted power is scummy. i'm going to think about things. maybe he is scum after all.
If you don’t currently scum read him, why are you voting for him? It’s not RVS, it the middle of D2.

somitomi wrote:helping my mom move windows around
:shock: Adding somitomi to my list of people with magic powers.

Return to “Mafia”