Why is there no link to these forums from the main site?

Need the mods or admins to do something for you? Post here. Read the "About" post first.

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

Ken_g6

Why is there no link to these forums from the main site?

Postby Ken_g6 » Fri Jul 06, 2018 8:12 pm UTC

I remember, once upon a time, there was a link to these forums in the list of links at the top left corner of the main site. Then it got replaced by "What If?". I thought that would be temporary, but it's been years. I just checked, and there is still no link to this site anywhere on the main site homepage.

So could we get a link to these forums again on the main site? It doesn't have to be at the top. Maybe at the bottom, next to "RSS Feed" or in "Other Things"?

So many forums are dying these days; I don't want these to die too.

SecondTalon
SexyTalon

Re: Why is there no link to these forums from the main site?

Postby SecondTalon » Fri Jul 06, 2018 8:17 pm UTC

heuristically_alone wrote:I want to write a DnD campaign and play it by myself and DM it myself.
heuristically_alone wrote:I have been informed that this is called writing a book.

mosc
Doesn't care what you think.

Postby mosc » Tue Oct 09, 2018 8:55 pm UTC

It's been 2 years since the last time I complained about this so I'm going to try again.

It's annoying and unnessisary

And, if nothing else, you could at least implement the patch job I asked for 6 years ago in having http://www.xkcd.com/forums/ automatically redirect. It'd also be in keeping with the modern era of the internet if you forwarded https://forums.xkcd.com/ to here.

I don't think it would be hard to graph impressions on the forums since the link was removed (in 2012?) and see it has had an adverse affect on this place.

Or maybe just shut the door and state Forums as an acronym from the aughts?

I wish I had more people to talk to on here. Keyword listing, forum linking, some simple redirects, we're not asking for a lot.
Title: It was given by the XKCD moderators to me because they didn't care what I thought (I made some rantings, etc). I care what YOU think, the joke is forums.xkcd doesn't care what I think.

gmalivuk
GNU Terry Pratchett

Postby gmalivuk » Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:04 pm UTC

This is a "problem" that davean will fix if and when he decides for himself to change things. Further discussion in this thread is therefore not needed.
Unless stated otherwise, I do not care whether a statement, by itself, constitutes a persuasive political argument. I care whether it's true.
---
If this post has math that doesn't work for you, use TeX the World for Firefox or Chrome

(he/him/his)

Return to “Site/Forum issues”