Brooklyn 99 Mafia: Halloween Heist - Day 6 - Ultimate Mammal Sash Genius

For your simulated organized crime needs.

Moderators: jestingrabbit, Moderators General, Prelates

plytho
¡This cheese is burning me!

Re: Brooklyn 99 Mafia: Halloween Heist - Day 1 - A-Sashin's Creed

Postby plytho » Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:16 pm UTC

Vicarin wrote:Ok, so we've got definitive No-Sash claims from everyone but bessie and plytho. Really would like to finish off the claims round so that we can sort out whether someone is trying to actively hide the Sash from everyone.

I don't get this what's stopping you from sorting this out now?

Hmm, mpolo does have a point. I can't off the top of my head think of many other roles that allow for a sash win without targeting. I still think the plan is works, though. Anyway, this isn't that urgent. Something to think about during the night.
Pronouns: he him his
Avatar: The High Frontier by Angus McKie

Vicarin

Postby Vicarin » Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:18 pm UTC

plytho wrote:I don't get this what's stopping you from sorting this out now?

Well, either you have it and haven't said so, bessie has it and hasn't said so, or someone has explicitly lied about it...

plytho

Postby plytho » Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:20 pm UTC

Mark_Cangila wrote:I don't have the sash. I'm not liking the copy and paste thing from plytho. It's not something town should be doing. However, it does make me feel marginally better about Plytho.
@Plytho, if you are an indie like I think, claim. The longer you don't claim, the more I thnk you are an SK.
Tbh, considering it's me and LaserGuy I think I'm ok regarding the copy paste stuff.
I already claimed.

plytho

Postby plytho » Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:25 pm UTC

Vicarin wrote:
plytho wrote:I don't get this what's stopping you from sorting this out now?

Well, either you have it and haven't said so, bessie has it and hasn't said so, or someone has explicitly lied about it...
Well, there you have it. Someone is trying to actively hide the sash from everyone. (Not a big surprise, considering the wincon.) So what's next?

plytho

Postby plytho » Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:46 pm UTC

Btw, I won't be around the hours before deadline. I'm going to be boardgaming and won't offend my hosts by looking at my phone all the time. In fact I won't look at all. I will probably check in shortly before deadline/bedtime and will move my vote for self protection or lynching Vicarin.

somitomi

Postby somitomi » Fri Nov 09, 2018 2:34 pm UTC

Zenii wrote:somi. I agree with the points bessie made about wam. I also think wam was playing to his scum meta. I don't think townSomi could have have really gained an impression on plytho just from Laser's summary that I linked. The addition of the rushing things helps scum line felt like scum playing the good townie. 65

I didn't write that after reading only the linked post, I skimmed the entire thread by that time. Sorry if I didn't make that clear...
Vicarin wrote:somitomi and Mark, at least post an ordered list before the day ends, I have no idea where you stand on most people. mpolo could probably do so too, but I've got a bit more of an idea from this last page.

In all honesty, I couldn't do that in good conscience. I'm still pretty much in the dark because my free computer time is a bit fragmented. I'm typing this up in the idle minutes of a laboratory practice just to get something out there. Weekend is coming up and I'll probably be pretty busy with assignments and home improvement, so apologies everyone.
Mark_Cangila wrote:
Zenii wrote:I don't think what I linked could have given you an impression. I think you just said what wanted to be heard.

Vote: somitomi

@boom claiming would still be helpful so we can better piece the game together after your lynch
@bessie we really need to discuss your no claim philosophy

I don't like this vote so near to day end. Especially with such little premise.

Why not? I'm not jolly about being voted myself, but it seems reasonable. It doesn't put me in any serious danger considering nobody else was voting me at the time, but it does put me under a little pressure to get my game together.
plytho wrote:
Vicarin wrote:The idea of claiming all the targets at the beginning of a day, while hilarious and likely to give bessie an aneurysm, is terrible. Way too much information for scum, and completely unnecessary for tracking the Sash if the wearer just, you know, claims it right now and we all agree to not target them.
Explain how the information gain is more useful for scum than for town? This is not about the sash. It's about forcing scum to claim their target every single day instead of all at once at full-claim. It's an improvement on the standard full-claim order because even if that order is wrong and scum claims near the end, they can't make up all their claims based on previous claims.

It allows scum to connect the dots and deduce (or at least guess) who performed which action though. For example if a doc ever happens to save someone, they would unvittingly out themselves the next day.
—◯-◯
FG Discord

plytho

Postby plytho » Fri Nov 09, 2018 2:51 pm UTC

somitomi wrote:It allows scum to connect the dots and deduce (or at least guess) who performed which action though. For example if a doc ever happens to save someone, they would unvittingly out themselves the next day.
Somi, please focus on scumhunting first, as I said, this stuff can be considered overnight and discussed early D2.

My thoughts on this: please do not read if you're not voting.
Spoiler:
Hmm, that's a good point. My first thought is that one successful protect is pretty good already as it saves a life and confirms both doc and protectee. It also forces scum to lie about their target. Thinking further, there is a risk of scum figuring out who has protective or investigative roles based on selected targets. This way they could figure out who the doc is before they save a life. The question for tonight is then: is this risk worth the benefit?

plytho

Postby plytho » Fri Nov 09, 2018 3:05 pm UTC

mpolo wrote:I think it is clear that everyone has some way to get the sash, but it is not clear that that has to be by a targeted night action. Somebody might have a passive power, but be guaranteed to receive the sash if voting on the wagon that lynched the scarf holder. Just trying to think outside the box here.
Further thinking on this: I had been wondering why the heist ability was mentioned in the OP. I kind of assumed everyone had that ability so repeating it there seemed odd. So maybe you're right and some people use a different ability to gain the sash? The "it depends" answer about scum sash wincon also belongs with these thoughts put I'm failing to put it all together.

plytho

Postby plytho » Fri Nov 09, 2018 3:05 pm UTC

Does everyone have the heist ability?

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Fri Nov 09, 2018 3:08 pm UTC

There is a possibility for every player to get the Sash.

plytho

Postby plytho » Fri Nov 09, 2018 3:36 pm UTC

Well, that's about it for me today. Zen, because of your fast start I feel like we played 3 days in one today.

I still like my list.

Preferred target for my Vig is still Vic first and somi second. (I'm skipping bessie despite her being lower on the list because she just got here.)

These people could convince me not to pick Vic, others won't be considered.

Zenii
LaserGuy
Mark
jimbob
mpolo

plytho

Postby plytho » Fri Nov 09, 2018 3:45 pm UTC

Oh and LaserGuy is even more townie for the second unvote.

Zenii

Postby Zenii » Fri Nov 09, 2018 3:55 pm UTC

Some clarification on whether or not scum win with the sash together. Plytho asked the mods if scum win independently or together. I reckon that mafia win together and indies do not, hence it depends.

LaserGuy wrote:Your sincerity is annoyingly convincing. I'm not sure I like either of these wagons right now.
All he's doing is flinging stuff around to make things unclear. His mindset is not town at all. He hasn't even followed up on the bazillion questions I've intentionally ignored cause he doesn't actually care. I don't want to non-town controlled kills tonight.

plytho wrote:Well, that's about it for me today. Zen, because of your fast start I feel like we played 3 days in one today.

Unless we lynch scum, it's not necessarily a good thing. These past 5-6 pages have really muddied the waters.

BoomFrog

Postby BoomFrog » Fri Nov 09, 2018 4:56 pm UTC

Mark_Cangila wrote:
BoomFrog wrote:Mark_Cangila - Very follow the crowd vote, not really trying to figure things out on his own, just rewording other people's reasoning - slightly scummy

Mark_Cangila - Still weakly justified vote, but even worse that it was defending scum - scummy.

This is ridiculous. The first point seems recycled from other games, and is clearly wrong when you realize I was the first vote on Boom. The second point misunderstands my position. I am not defending plytho, merely stating boom is more concerning.

You haven't given me a lot of content to work with. Let's talk this out so we can see each other's perspective. From my point of view you have followed the exact same pattern of behavior as you did in Texas Hold'em. You voted for Sabrar as an early vote, he attacked your partner Bessie. You lurked for a while and then you came in after there were significant votes in Sabrar and reafirmed your vote on him for completely different reasons which were a rehash of other's reasons.

In this case you voted me early for buying Zenii, making overly bold statements, and "lying about something". Then you lurked for a bit then you affirm your vote once the wagon on me is going, using the same reason as others, that I "assumed plytho was town in my jerk read". Why didn't you bring up your original points that I had not answered if you thought they were significant?

Mark_Cangila wrote:I don't think Boom and Plytho are scum buddies. Boom would have been far more careful in treating plytho as conf town in the jerk post that zenii mentioned. I also think that Boom is in the mafia in my 7-2-1 setup. If he was indie he wouldn't treat everyone as conf town, but I could totally see him making that mistake as part of the mafia. I really think we should lynch Boom first, as mafia is generally worse than indies.
Why bring up all this stuff about me being mafia vs indy? Who are you comparing me to, is not like we had an indy we were considering lynching. Are you assuming plytho is indi?

Mark_Cangila wrote:
plytho wrote:Why do you think BoomFrog is lying about something?

His playstyle seems like he is gambiting. Never seen him this bold otherwise.

If you think I am gambiting why vote me for it at that point? Haven't we firmly established that Boomfrog gambits as town?
"Everything I need to know about parenting I learned from cooking. Don't be afraid to experiment, and eat your mistakes." - Cronos

plytho

Postby plytho » Fri Nov 09, 2018 5:10 pm UTC

Zenii wrote:He hasn't even followed up on the bazillion questions I've intentionally ignored cause he doesn't actually care.
I don't actually care that much about you. At one point I thought I'd just wait and figure you out tomorrow. Now I think you're town. I just interpreted your lack of response as you dismissing me because you think I'm scum.

I care a lot about the game. That's why I'm so active. With the threat of a mislynch I'm doing everything I can to get my townie opinion about everyone out there because we're starting behind.

Zenii wrote:
plytho wrote:Well, that's about it for me today. Zen, because of your fast start I feel like we played 3 days in one today.

Unless we lynch scum, it's not necessarily a good thing. These past 5-6 pages have really muddied the waters.
Why is that bad?

There's been basically three phases today. Early on Vicarin and LaserGuy, then the beautiful votals of me and Boom and now the muddy waters. Each of these can be analysed once people start flipping.

As for questions:

I'd like your opinion on
-my Vic read (ignore the count)
-the slip (my follow up on your answer)
-Boomfrog's claim: do you agree it's not a safe claim and do you think BoomFrog may have invented it himself?

plytho

Postby plytho » Fri Nov 09, 2018 5:12 pm UTC

Oh, and vic's reads list without scum.

Zenii

Postby Zenii » Fri Nov 09, 2018 5:18 pm UTC

Zenii wrote:I don't want to non-town controlled kills tonight.
two*

plytho I really meant it when I said I'd be willing to work with you if you claimed truthfully. But you're set on keeping up the charade and it's clear that you care more about the sash than town's win-con. I don't trust you and I don't trust you at all to use your kill in a pro-town manner.

Addendum to Boom read after a night's sleep:
Spoiler:
BoomFrog wrote:
Zenii wrote:But yeah, Boom, I'm not saving you this time. I support your lynch as well.

Fair enough.

And... I just reread my role PM. The proof wouldn't come until D3 and that is far too late I am sure. So I'm not going to bother claiming. It won't sway anyone. And that is going to be the final nail in my coffin, I'm sure. :(
I really hate this AtE.

Boom hasn't helped the game progress at all. His jimbob read does feel heartfelt, but it's pretty easy to fake a jimbob read imo. Just look over his posts though and it's easy to see that his scumhunting is near non-existent. He's trying to portray it as he just trying to be scummy enough to live to endgame, but that is an easy claim to make as scum. If we allow that as reasoning, how are we to differentiate between town and scum play.

He's very good at saying little things to make you think that he's intentionally playing scummy. He's not though. He's just scummy. There's no master plan behind it lmfao.

I'm also confident that toMorrow Boom intends to claim that he must remain alive for his ability to activate. It's also bonkas to me that people are assuming its a town role. It's equally a scum role.

mpolo's unvote post is pinging me hard.

Scum is 3 of plytho, mpolo, and somi, Boom. I'd switch ONLY if plytho claims his actual alignment and agrees to kill out of the group.

bessie

Postby bessie » Fri Nov 09, 2018 5:22 pm UTC

LaserGuy wrote:
bessie wrote:The killer automaticly takes the sash? Why do you think the sash is transferred this way?

The sash always must remain with a living player. I don't really see any alternative that makes sense. plytho claims he has a kill though, so you could always ask him, I suppose.
I don’t see how one follows the other. It appears most if not all players have the ability to target a player and steel the sash, but this is interesting perhaps there is an anti-town player that both kills and steals the sash. Hmm thinking about it perhaps there is an indie that can only kill the sash holder.

plytho wrote:
bessie wrote:Interesting that BoomFrog got an apology for an insult, and I got a vote for just being overly aggressive.
Do you really think these two situations are remotely the same?

BoomFrog personally insulted me.
You were aggressive in-game, magnifying my scum ping on you. That's why I voted.
There is a difference. You were calm and even humble in the face of personal insult. You flew off the handle at a game-related slight. My instinct would be that the opposite would be true, but perhaps this is a meta read the type I am not good at. Still noting this response for future.

LaserGuy wrote:By the way, do you get the sash if you kill the person holding it?
I would like plytho to answer this too. Do you get the sash as the result of your kill only, not from stealing it with a separate action?

mpolo wrote:I like Bessie's posts on plytho generally. She did leave out the quote that he was responding to, which made plytho look worse than he should have for his wording, but that could easily be simply concentrating on plytho on isolation.

Interesting this is the only thing in my posts you have commented on, like you’re trying to cautiously trying to lay some groundwork....

plytho wrote:Yeah, I was about to FoS her for that but her follow up showed that she was actually confused about the sash wincon.
I don’t think I’m confused about the sash wincon. It is a separate full win for a member of a faction that survives to endgame, presumably town or mafia. What we know does not rule out that there may be an indie that must possess the sash at endgame to win. So you could be indie with a game-personal wincon to possess the sash, or town/mafia with a private-personal goal to possess the sash. So please confirm that your mod-given win con does not require you to be in possession of the sash at endgame.

Mark’s claim: no sash. That leaves me, plytho, or lying scum.

plytho wrote:Well, there you have it. Someone is trying to actively hide the sash from everyone. (Not a big surprise, considering the wincon.) So what's next?
You can answer the question about whether or not your kill also transfers the sash to you as part of the same action.

plytho wrote:Preferred target for my Vig is still Vic first and somi second. (I'm skipping bessie despite her being lower on the list because she just got here.)
Perhaps mpolo will be able to convince you that it is in your best interest to kill me (under the guise of it being in town’s best interest of course).

Vote: plytho

Ninja'd.

plytho

Postby plytho » Fri Nov 09, 2018 5:27 pm UTC

Bessie, why do you think that I specifically have a super-special sash wincon?

I already answered that I don't think my kill has any priority over other targeting abilities.

plytho

Postby plytho » Fri Nov 09, 2018 5:30 pm UTC

Zenii wrote:Scum is 3 of plytho, mpolo, and somi, Boom. I'd switch ONLY if plytho claims his actual alignment and agrees to kill out of the group.

I know this doesn't fulfill your requirement fypov but I've indicated I'm willing to vig somi. Also boom of course, but he should be lynched.

bessie

Postby bessie » Fri Nov 09, 2018 5:32 pm UTC

plytho wrote:Bessie, why do you think that I specifically have a super-special sash wincon?

I already answered that I don't think my kill has any priority over other targeting abilities.

bessie wrote: So please confirm that your mod-given win con does not require you to be in possession of the sash at endgame.

bessie wrote:
plytho wrote:Well, there you have it. Someone is trying to actively hide the sash from everyone. (Not a big surprise, considering the wincon.) So what's next?
You can answer the question about whether or not your kill also transfers the sash to you as part of the same action.

plytho

Postby plytho » Fri Nov 09, 2018 5:37 pm UTC

What?

I don't have time for this, please answer my question.

I already claimed town, my wincon is the town wincon, I do not lose if I don't have the sash. My kill is a targeting ability, as such it falls under the heist ability.

Zenii

Postby Zenii » Fri Nov 09, 2018 5:40 pm UTC

plytho wrote:I know this doesn't fulfill your requirement fypov
That is correct.

plytho

Postby plytho » Fri Nov 09, 2018 5:41 pm UTC

Bessie, you better be scum. I don't want to get lynched on a misinterpretation.

plytho

Postby plytho » Fri Nov 09, 2018 5:42 pm UTC

Zenii wrote:
plytho wrote:I know this doesn't fulfill your requirement fypov
That is correct.

Cool, please answer my questions.

bessie

Postby bessie » Fri Nov 09, 2018 5:55 pm UTC

plytho wrote:I don't have time for this, please answer my question.
Well ok, if it’s a time issue I’ll make it as easy as possible for you to answer.

1. Does your mod given win-con require you to be in possession of the sash at endgame? Yes or no?

2. Are your kill and stealing the sash a single ability? Yes or no?

Hmm, I wonder if you can you kill anyone, or your target must be in possession of the sash. New question.

3. Does your vig target only die if they are the sash holder? Yes or no?

plytho wrote:Bessie, you better be scum. I don't want to get lynched on a misinterpretation.
What misinterpretation are you referring to here? And go ahead and do an analysis of my content, read me as scum and support it, and then you can be justified in vigging me. Or are you waiting for someone else to do it?

plytho

Postby plytho » Fri Nov 09, 2018 6:17 pm UTC

Gahhh my post got eaten :x

You're either wilfully misinterpreting that snipped vic post or accidentally.

I'd rather you be scum lynching me because I'm a vic than town Mislynching me for a misunderstanding.

I answered all your questions. The relationship between my vig and the shah is limited to the heist ability.

And yeah, as I'm about to get lynched I'm counting on the others to lynch you if you're scum.

plytho

Postby plytho » Fri Nov 09, 2018 6:19 pm UTC

Well, that's it. Keep in mind that scum know I'm a vig.

Bye

plytho

Postby plytho » Fri Nov 09, 2018 6:20 pm UTC

Oh and please don't quote me

bessie

Postby bessie » Fri Nov 09, 2018 6:26 pm UTC

What?

1. Y or N?
2. Y or N?
3. Y or N?

LaserGuy

Postby LaserGuy » Fri Nov 09, 2018 6:47 pm UTC

plytho asked not to be quoted, so I won't, but these are all directed at him.

plyth0 wrote:Please stop doing this it's driving me crazy. Just copy-paste the line.

No. If you flip Town, I will have a closer look at Vic D2.

plyth0 wrote:Making the loudener work for the next night action makes some sense in a town perspective because that public tracker is very powerful. On the other hand it allows BoomFrog to try and make it to D3 without being lynched for a lack of results. If his buddy makes it to that point it's endgame with 1 scum vs 3 town/indies.

Thinking about it, I don't think this is actually a very good power at all for this size of game. It's entirely possible that Town!BoomFrog may only get a single result for the entire game, and there's no guarantee that his target will be alive or have done anything useful. It also creates the risk of accidentally outing Town PRs that may be better kept hidden. In a larger game that goes to D5 or D6 it's okay, but the lack of timely results is very rough for a small game.

On balance, I agree with your assessment that BoomFrog seems more interested in using this claim to verify himself rather than actually do anything helpful for Town. I think I'm going to put this back up since I think you're indy at worst, whereas BoomFrog is more likely scum.

Vote: BoomFrog

If it looks like there will be a tie I resulting in NL, I will move to plytho.

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Fri Nov 09, 2018 6:59 pm UTC

Votals

plytho - (4) - Vicarin, BoomFrog, Zenii, bessie
BoomFrog - (4) - Mark_Cangila, jimbobmacdoodle, plytho, LaserGuy

Not voting: mpolo, somitomi

As things stand now plytho would be executed.

Deadline in 6 hours

bessie

Postby bessie » Fri Nov 09, 2018 8:20 pm UTC

I was too sick to drive myself to work today, so I should be here at deadline.

Sabrar wrote:
plytho wrote:Does scum win the sash as a team or is everyone competing individually?
It depends.

Do two aligned players, specifically two or more mafia on the same team, win the sash as a team or are the individual mafia members competing individually? Does a player need to be alive at endgame for a sash win?

He Who Shall Not Be Named wrote:Well, that's it. Keep in mind that scum know I'm a vig.
No. Everyone knows you claimed vig.

Woof
bessieWheels they turn and gears they grind... buildings collapse in slow motion... and trains collide... everything is fine.
Zenii - Either he’s town or he described himself in his opening post and his partner is Vicarin.
LaserGuy – Can present himself as he wants to on D1, see last year’s Halloween game for an example. Will need to evaluate on D2.
Vicarin – Distracted by claims, how unusual for him. Insert sarcasm smiley here. Was scum leaning on Vicarin until about page 7, still not exactly town leaning but hey this is an ordered list.
jimbobmacdoodle – I don’t like the early vote on moody or reasons later given and not just because moody is now me me me. jimbob is a little too careful in his interactions with Zen. My gut is leaning scum, so . . . town? Insert laughing smiley here.
Mark_Cangila – Playing as he always does, unfortunately the style makes much of his content difficult to evaluate for alignment, he will need to evolve his playstyle soon. Perhaps as soon as tomorrow.
mpolo - Working with plytho, supporting plytho’s claim that my quote clip misrepresented his content while I’m becoming more convinced that it didn’t at all. Reading mpolo’s posts in isolation, was there always a trend in his posts toward trying to maneuver a moody scum read, or is it bias on my part?
BoomFrog – Missed out on an opportunity to bark through D1. How very unlike “Is BoomFrog”. I’m disappointed. But this would have been a dangerous gambit to pull if you’re mafia that hasn’t chatted with someone you know you can play it off without warning. So not partners with (in order) Zen, bessie, LaserGuy, ... hmm ...... plytho?
somitomi – I’m sorry you had to replace on D1 as scum.
plytho – Indie with a sash-related win con. So plytho, it looks like I might have the sash. Are you going to kill me tonight to try to get it?
Grrr

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Fri Nov 09, 2018 8:22 pm UTC

bessie wrote:Do two aligned players, specifically two or more mafia on the same team, win the sash as a team or are the individual mafia members competing individually?
It depends.
bessie wrote:Does a player need to be alive at endgame for a sash win?
Yes.

Zenii

Postby Zenii » Fri Nov 09, 2018 8:24 pm UTC

Zenii wrote:Also that vote count is freaking beautiful. Good job guys.

Spoiler:

BoomFrog

Postby BoomFrog » Fri Nov 09, 2018 9:20 pm UTC

LaserGuy wrote:
plyth0 wrote:Making the loudener work for the next night action makes some sense in a town perspective because that public tracker is very powerful. On the other hand it allows BoomFrog to try and make it to D3 without being lynched for a lack of results. If his buddy makes it to that point it's endgame with 1 scum vs 3 town/indies.

Thinking about it, I don't think this is actually a very good power at all for this size of game. It's entirely possible that Town!BoomFrog may only get a single result for the entire game, and there's no guarantee that his target will be alive or have done anything useful. It also creates the risk of accidentally outing Town PRs that may be better kept hidden. In a larger game that goes to D5 or D6 it's okay, but the lack of timely results is very rough for a small game.

On balance, I agree with your assessment that BoomFrog seems more interested in using this claim to verify himself rather than actually do anything helpful for Town. I think I'm going to put this back up since I think you're indy at worst, whereas BoomFrog is more likely scum.

Vote: BoomFrog

I wasn't going into more details since I thought I wouldn't be lynched. But as I said before it's just public tracker. It doesn't say what the power used is, just the target. Even worse, it lists the result by rolename not player name. So yeah, I agree with you that I am not going to get a lot of useful results from it. The most appealing part of it to me is that it is verifiable (and could have been anonymous). Obviously the anonymous part is out the window.

The best way for me to use it now is to pick a target secretly, so there's nothing to discuss about how I should use it.
"Everything I need to know about parenting I learned from cooking. Don't be afraid to experiment, and eat your mistakes." - Cronos

jimbobmacdoodle

Postby jimbobmacdoodle » Fri Nov 09, 2018 9:46 pm UTC

Catch up time.

bessie wrote:Page 8
jimbobmacdoodle wrote:@Zenii, why is somitomi so far down your list?
Interesting, why didn’t jimbob ask about me me me? jimbob has moossie as solid scum and Zen has me as 100% town. Note, jimbob did come back to me a few posts down the page.
Simple. When I look at ordered lists and am in a rush, I usually look at the scum end of the list, because I feel like that's the area that is more of interest generally. I was at work, and happened to spot the unexplained placement of somitomi right down the bottom, so asked about it. I didn't notice you right at the top, just like I didn't notice you in the earlier ordered list when you hadn't even replaced yet. I noticed it later when I was flicking back to look at something else. I can't remember what now.
mpolo wrote:Aren't things supposed to get clearer as day goes on?
This is kind of how I've been feeling. It hasn't helped that I haven't had the time to properly read the mass of content that keeps pouring in each day. And that's without Sabrar playing, and wam replacing early.
earlier plytho wrote:
jimbobmacdoodle wrote:
plytho wrote:Given my own powers and expectance of balance in this I don't think anyone has limited shot actions or multi-use actions. You do have a point about scum knowing who's on to them. On the other hand, that becomes wine very quickly.
Slip? Remind me how many times you can use your vig?
Seriously? I can use my Vig once and my sash cop all other nights. The point is that I, with my limited action (Vig) can still target every night thanks to my sash-cop. I expect the same to be applied to other limited actions so they wouldn't be detectable by withholding.
This wasn't intended to be taken that seriously. I originally was going to put a :lol: at the end, but thought I'd omit it to see how you reacted. I think I'm okay with it (and no, the "slip" isn't going to come into any read I have of you).
Mark_Cangila wrote:I'm not liking the copy and paste thing from plytho. It's not something town should be doing. However, it does make me feel marginally better about Plytho.
I'm not sure I follow this logic. You don't like it, but it makes you feel better about plytho? That sounds like a contradiction to me.
later plytho wrote:
mpolo wrote:I think it is clear that everyone has some way to get the sash, but it is not clear that that has to be by a targeted night action. Somebody might have a passive power, but be guaranteed to receive the sash if voting on the wagon that lynched the scarf holder. Just trying to think outside the box here.
Further thinking on this: I had been wondering why the heist ability was mentioned in the OP. I kind of assumed everyone had that ability so repeating it there seemed odd. So maybe you're right and some people use a different ability to gain the sash? The "it depends" answer about scum sash wincon also belongs with these thoughts put I'm failing to put it all together.
One obvious option to me is that scum or an indie have a kind of reverse heist ability: they get the sash if the wearer targets them. Posting the heist ability then is done for similar reasons to why the town win con is posted - to stop people being found out for not having the town role PM.

I don't understand bessie's recent argument with plytho. She seems to be asking him to repeat things he's already said. I can completely understand plytho's response coming from him, regardless of his alignment. I'm not sure what bessie is failing to understand or is ignoring in his responses. I'm not convinced it's alignment indicative.
BoomFrog wrote:The best way for me to use it now is to pick a target secretly, so there's nothing to discuss about how I should use it.
I agree that if you have this ability then that is the correct thing to do.

Okay, caught up. Not read everything in depth. Need to review BoomFrog's content, and also the quieter players I skipped earlier.
BlitzGirl the Primordial
matthewglen wrote:Cueball looks concerned.

Mark_Cangila

Postby Mark_Cangila » Fri Nov 09, 2018 10:50 pm UTC

I support a Boom lynch and an mpolo vig. Mpolo has been too quiet and under the rader.

BoomFrog

Postby BoomFrog » Fri Nov 09, 2018 11:13 pm UTC

Mark_Cangila wrote:I support a Boom lynch and an mpolo vig. Mpolo has been too quiet and under the rader.

Why not answer my questions?

BoomFrog

Postby BoomFrog » Fri Nov 09, 2018 11:19 pm UTC

As a wise man once said. Sheep me for an easy win.

There's at least two scum on this list:
plytho
Mark
JimBob

Return to “Mafia”