Brooklyn 99 Mafia: Halloween Heist - Day 6 - Ultimate Mammal Sash Genius

For your simulated organized crime needs.

Moderators: jestingrabbit, Moderators General, Prelates

BoomFrog

Re: Brooklyn 99 Mafia: Halloween Heist - Day 4 - Asashination Attempt

Postby BoomFrog » Thu Nov 29, 2018 5:53 am UTC

Zenii wrote:Boom, did you target Vic btw?

Of course, I took my shot at the double win.

Zenii wrote:Boom, I really have no idea what you're going on about. I don't want to be endgamed by an indy with the sash. I think you and mpolo are possible indies; therefore, I want the sash in Not your hands when the game ends.
Even if you didn't intend it, you'd be able to easily deduce what my point is. You didn't get the sash, now that the strongman is dead you know the game is a garunteed town victory. So you are trying to locate the sash so you can control when the game ends so you can have the sash.

Let's just let the game end naturally instead of squabbling. Lynch mpolo, let everyone have their shot at guessing where the sash is then lynch Vic. Game over, someone who earned it gets the sash.

An indy-sash horder wouldn't cause town to lose. That's not how indies work on this forum, and that doesn't fit the flavor. Flavor is, if the colluders are caught then all the non-colluders win. An indy can't be a colluder, they have no one to colluder with.
"Everything I need to know about parenting I learned from cooking. Don't be afraid to experiment, and eat your mistakes." - Cronos

bessie

Postby bessie » Thu Nov 29, 2018 6:08 am UTC

Zenii wrote: It's possible that somi's ability was already used up, but still for the purpose of numbers, bussing would have been a bad play.

If somitomi didn’t use the strongman on N1, why not use it on N2? Oh nevermind, he needed to jail me so was probably telling the truth about the jail.

So somitomi was pretty powerful, Vicarin also probably has some strong powers, but at least not a strongman. Still, do you really think it’s safe letting him live?

mpolo

Postby mpolo » Thu Nov 29, 2018 6:21 am UTC

Zenii and Mark visited me last night.

I have never had the sash in the course of the game.

I saw the sash on N1 with bessie and tried to steal it, unsuccessfully. (The boldface was on the lines of: bessie had the sash, you couldn't steal it.)

More later.
Image <-- Evil experiment

Vicarin

Postby Vicarin » Thu Nov 29, 2018 6:34 am UTC

Wait, you DIDN'T see me? What on earth is going on???

Vicarin

Postby Vicarin » Thu Nov 29, 2018 6:34 am UTC

Guessing noone wants to own up to stealing the Sash off me either. Great.

BoomFrog

Postby BoomFrog » Thu Nov 29, 2018 6:35 am UTC

Vicarin wrote:Wait, you DIDN'T see me? What on earth is going on???

Guess your ninja power applies to your rolecop as well... :roll:
"Everything I need to know about parenting I learned from cooking. Don't be afraid to experiment, and eat your mistakes." - Cronos

Vicarin

Postby Vicarin » Thu Nov 29, 2018 6:36 am UTC

Ok, you tell me why I'd claim to target mpolo then :P.

Vicarin

Postby Vicarin » Thu Nov 29, 2018 6:49 am UTC

Well, I agree that there's probably no point in dragging this out for the full week, everyone should put forward who they want to lynch ASAP.

Vicarin

Postby Vicarin » Thu Nov 29, 2018 6:56 am UTC

@Zen: why on earth did you target mpolo when you kept saying you'd protect Mark so that he could use his babysitting?

mpolo

Postby mpolo » Thu Nov 29, 2018 1:40 pm UTC

At the moment, Vicarin is looking the worst. There's a lot of gut involved with this, but the "whoever lets me win also gets a double win, yeah!" win-con seems a little out there. On the other hand everything is kind of out there in this setup.
Image <-- Evil experiment

Mark_Cangila

Postby Mark_Cangila » Thu Nov 29, 2018 2:17 pm UTC

mpolo wrote:At the moment, Vicarin is looking the worst. There's a lot of gut involved with this, but the "whoever lets me win also gets a double win, yeah!" win-con seems a little out there. On the other hand everything is kind of out there in this setup.

I agree there. Voting Vicarin for now.
Vote Vicarin

Zenii

Postby Zenii » Thu Nov 29, 2018 2:52 pm UTC

BoomFrog wrote:
Zenii wrote:Boom, did you target Vic btw?

Of course, I took my shot at the double win.

Zenii wrote:Boom, I really have no idea what you're going on about. I don't want to be endgamed by an indy with the sash. I think you and mpolo are possible indies; therefore, I want the sash in Not your hands when the game ends.
Even if you didn't intend it, you'd be able to easily deduce what my point is. You didn't get the sash, now that the strongman is dead you know the game is a garunteed town victory. So you are trying to locate the sash so you can control when the game ends so you can have the sash.

Let's just let the game end naturally instead of squabbling. Lynch mpolo, let everyone have their shot at guessing where the sash is then lynch Vic. Game over, someone who earned it gets the sash.

An indy-sash horder wouldn't cause town to lose. That's not how indies work on this forum, and that doesn't fit the flavor. Flavor is, if the colluders are caught then all the non-colluders win. An indy can't be a colluder, they have no one to colluder with.

I see. No, I simply don't trust you. Sorry dude, but you played too scummy D1 and I'm not willing to overlook it. Play less scummy next time please.

I'm not worried about second win at this point. I had three nights to get it, and have failed each time, so I already consider it a loss. Right now I'm only concerned with making sure Indy doesn't have it. Reducing prisoner delimma behavior by being open about intentions is the best way to do that. I don't believe that you think Indy can win with the town based on your statements to Vic. Your dishonestly here is blatant.

I'm also guessing from your reaction that you have the sash. @bessie & Mark

Are you good with Mark targeting Boom, and Bessie targeting Vic tonight? This will ensure the sash ends up with one of you. I can withold my action in good faith.

Zenii

Postby Zenii » Thu Nov 29, 2018 2:53 pm UTC

@Mark do you have the sash? If so we can end this.

Zenii

Postby Zenii » Thu Nov 29, 2018 3:02 pm UTC

Actually withholding would probably be too far against sash con. I can flip a coin between the two of them.

BoomFrog

Postby BoomFrog » Thu Nov 29, 2018 3:38 pm UTC

Zenii wrote:Actually withholding would probably be too far against sash con. I can flip a coin between the two of them.

If one believes that there will be only one more night, and revealing the sash won't help town win, then it would be against the sash win con to reveal you have it now. But yeah, Mark and Bessie probably would have revealed by now, so probably I have the sash. :wink:

Also, if you belive I have the sash it's against the sash win con to not target me, unless you think your action will help town win.

BoomFrog

Postby BoomFrog » Thu Nov 29, 2018 3:41 pm UTC

Zenii wrote:
I see. No, I simply don't trust you. Sorry dude, but you played too scummy D1 and I'm not willing to overlook it. Play less scummy next time please.

Well some of us didn't get the good fortune to be 'bullet proof'. So some of us had to use scummyness as a shield. I'll be less scummy next game when my win con isn't 1/8th survivor.

BoomFrog

Postby BoomFrog » Thu Nov 29, 2018 3:42 pm UTC

I wouldn't have cared so much about the lynch D3 if I want town...

Zenii

Postby Zenii » Thu Nov 29, 2018 4:32 pm UTC

BoomFrog wrote:
Zenii wrote:Actually withholding would probably be too far against sash con. I can flip a coin between the two of them.

If one believes that there will be only one more night, and revealing the sash won't help town win, then it would be against the sash win con to reveal you have it now. But yeah, Mark and Bessie probably would have revealed by now, so probably I have the sash. :wink:

Also, if you belive I have the sash it's against the sash win con to not target me, unless you think your action will help town win.
Jeez you really want this don't you. :roll: It's obvious you're trying to sow disunity.

Being open with my action is pro-wincon. I believe that ensuring the sash ends among town is more important than potentially losing it to anti-town due to prisoner delimma/self-motivating behavior. I'm fine without a double win in favor of a single win. I am not fine with a half win or no win.

I wouldn't have cared so much about the lynch D3 if I want town...
Except for the fact that a mafia win auto-leads to them having the sash.

bessie

Postby bessie » Thu Nov 29, 2018 4:40 pm UTC

I don’t have the sash. Seriously I still don’t understand the sash win con, but in my mind it is secondary to the town win con (I’m starting to wonder if I missed a pm or something with replacing). If BoomFrog has the sash I am happy targeting not-BoomFrog tonight, and will use my power based on what makes the most sense for town.

Late for work, back tonight.

BoomFrog

Postby BoomFrog » Thu Nov 29, 2018 4:50 pm UTC

bessie wrote:Seriously I still don’t understand the sash win con, but in my mind it is secondary to the town win con (I’m starting to wonder if I missed a pm or something with replacing).

Men cannot fathom the greed of dwarves.

Zenii wrote:Except for the fact that a mafia win auto-leads to them having the sash.
The role you are currently speculating would be ridiculously unfair. It's a survivor who also needs to get the Sash win to even get their basic win? That's just an extra super hard survivor, and survivor is already a crummy role.

BoomFrog

Postby BoomFrog » Thu Nov 29, 2018 4:53 pm UTC

BoomFrog wrote:
bessie wrote:Seriously I still don’t understand the sash win con, but in my mind it is secondary to the town win con (I’m starting to wonder if I missed a pm or something with replacing).

Men cannot fathom the greed of dwarves.

To clarify, we've won the game already. This whole thing is a bit cruel to Vic, but barring the small chance that mpolo actually is a arsonist town has no real threats left and squabbling over the sash is all that's left.

Zenii

Postby Zenii » Thu Nov 29, 2018 4:59 pm UTC

Nope. Keeping the sash from you is all that's left. You want it to be a free for all because you know you don't have a chance 3 against one. I'm not giving in. And I hope that Mark and bessie won't either.

BoomFrog

Postby BoomFrog » Thu Nov 29, 2018 5:11 pm UTC

I don't mean squabbling between you three. Just between you and I.

Mark_Cangila

Postby Mark_Cangila » Thu Nov 29, 2018 5:22 pm UTC

Zenii wrote:@Mark do you have the sash? If so we can end this.

Sadly no

Zenii

Postby Zenii » Thu Nov 29, 2018 6:27 pm UTC

BoomFrog wrote:I don't mean squabbling between you three. Just between you and I.

I see. Very well, you can have it.

Vote: Vic

Mark_Cangila

Postby Mark_Cangila » Thu Nov 29, 2018 7:04 pm UTC

I'm not sure how I'm

Mark_Cangila

Postby Mark_Cangila » Thu Nov 29, 2018 7:06 pm UTC

EBWOP continuing:
about Zenii. I'm not sure if I love lynchin Vic , or this early or continuing the game bc sash.
Unvote
No reason to hammer early.

BoomFrog

Postby BoomFrog » Thu Nov 29, 2018 8:14 pm UTC

@Mark: Any specific concerns you have? We wouldn't hammer until at least Bessie gets a chance to weigh in. Zenii has been acting townie. I still don't 100% understand how his power works, but that confusion is also what caused the kill to fail again.

Vic is blatently scum. We lynch him and if the game is not over we go from there. We've had two saves, so I can't imagine a balanced game where town is in any danger of loosing tonight if we lynch mafia.

Vicarin

Postby Vicarin » Thu Nov 29, 2018 9:34 pm UTC

There are so many wrong things being assumed here. Hmmmm...

Vicarin

Postby Vicarin » Thu Nov 29, 2018 9:35 pm UTC

@bessie: I've given you the quotes saying it's equal to the standard wincon like 3 times now, have you just not been reading what I've been saying?

Vicarin

Postby Vicarin » Thu Nov 29, 2018 9:37 pm UTC

Also, if you believe that the game will end tomorrow, then not targeting the person who you think has the Sash tonight has explicitly been given as an example of playing against your wincon.

Vicarin

Postby Vicarin » Thu Nov 29, 2018 9:44 pm UTC

I am 100% ok with people postponing my lynch so that we have longer to fight over the Sash at least :lol:.

Mark_Cangila

Postby Mark_Cangila » Fri Nov 30, 2018 12:38 am UTC

BoomFrog wrote:@Mark: Any specific concerns you have? We wouldn't hammer until at least Bessie gets a chance to weigh in. Zenii has been acting townie. I still don't 100% understand how his power works, but that confusion is also what caused the kill to fail again.

Just generally not seeing a reason to keep my vote on him this early in.

bessie

Postby bessie » Fri Nov 30, 2018 3:30 am UTC

Is a town player required to actively seek out and try to obtain the sash if they do not currently possess it?

Madge

Postby Madge » Fri Nov 30, 2018 3:40 am UTC

bessie wrote:Is a town player required to actively seek out and try to obtain the sash if they do not currently possess it?

It depends.
I'm writing a supernatural romance novel, it updates the first weekend of every month. You can find it here.

bessie

Postby bessie » Fri Nov 30, 2018 3:58 am UTC

Can a town player use their power in a way that they judge to be most beneficial for town, and that they believe to be the best choice to facilitate a town win, even if it requires targeting a player that they do not believe to be in possession of the sash, and thus possibly passing up an opportunity to try to steal the sash?

Madge

Postby Madge » Fri Nov 30, 2018 4:00 am UTC

bessie wrote:Can a town player use their power in a way that they judge to be most beneficial for town, and that they believe to be the best choice to facilitate a town win, even if it requires targeting a player that they do not believe to be in possession of the sash, and thus possibly passing up an opportunity to try to steal the sash?

Yes, a Town player may always act in pursuit of a Town win.
I'm writing a supernatural romance novel, it updates the first weekend of every month. You can find it here.

bessie

Postby bessie » Fri Nov 30, 2018 4:07 am UTC

So why don’t we want to lynch Vicarin and just get it over with? Is it because BoomFrog is indie with the sash?

BoomFrog

Postby BoomFrog » Fri Nov 30, 2018 4:25 am UTC

bessie wrote:So why don’t we want to lynch Vicarin and just get it over with? Is it because BoomFrog is indie with the sash?

I think we are over that, Zenii has agreed to lynch Vic. I'm not sure if he's decided I'm town or just not a threat.

Vicarin

Postby Vicarin » Fri Nov 30, 2018 4:41 am UTC

I have found the rules seriously confusing this game. Oh well.

Well, if you're going to just ignore everything that I'm trying to warn you about (people are still telling massive porkies), then I'd prefer to get lynched sooner rather than later in the day, so I can get to reading all the spoilers while the game continues and I can figure out what the hell has been going on. No point having everyone just sit around for ages.

Return to “Mafia”