Secret Santa 2018: A Christmas Knight (N5)

For your simulated organized crime needs.

Moderators: jestingrabbit, Moderators General, Prelates

bessie

Re: Secret Santa 2018: A Christmas Knight (D1)

Postby bessie » Wed Dec 19, 2018 7:21 am UTC

plytho wrote:@Mark: why was the wincon stuff bad in alien warfare? Please be detailed in your explanation.
Not liking this. I can see how the misunderstanding could have come from town!Mark, but I don’t think it requires rereading a 29 page game to understand why. plytho, you know Mark’s usual content level, why ask him for a detailed explanation of something from a past game with only about 34 hours remaining, instead of prodding him for some analysis of this game? Something like this:
plytho wrote:@Bessie: could you do a reads list please?

Hmm, bessie being late with a reads list has been a scum tell before. The stuff with the post counts also has a rolefishy feeling to it.
Oh, and please give examples from my recent games of scum!me being late with a reads list (Day and time remaining), and compare it to when town!me has given a reads list in my recent games.

Hmm, and where have I been role fishing? Point to one place I have tried to get someone to reveal their role. Why do you care if I run a post count, or prod people to post? Find something else to throw out there and see if it sticks.

Post count, including confirmation posts:
Spoiler:
bessie: 11
BoomFrog: 18
LaserGuy: 14
Madge: 11
Mark_Cangila: 12
MasterOfAll: 9
moody7277: 9
mpolo: 7
plytho: 18
Sabrar: 5
SuicideJunkie: 17
wam: 18

Mark_Cangila wrote:I think it is pretty typical for me to act as if challenged. It's in my playstyle to act quite defensive when attacked. I showed it when the werewolf question came up in Meta Mafia.
I think part of the issue is that you are now self aware of what other players might consider typical of you.
Mark_Cangila wrote:Mainly when people ask questions I always play to keep myself not-lynched as one of my higher priorities.
It is not your job as town to stay alive. Your duty is to lynch scum. It is true that if you are town, you should try not to get lynched (because you want to lynch scum), but not if it interferes with your primary priorities of scum hunting and facilitating scum hunting.

SuicideJunkie, thanks getting an avatar, it makes it easier to sort through posts. And you probably should compose most of your write ups in a word document, the forum is notorious for eating posts (I lost many in my early games).

SuicideJunkie wrote: Too many trees to bark up at, and they all look the same to me. I'm not expecting to be too useful except as cannon fodder, but by golly I'm going to try.
Do not underestimate the unique advantage you have, reading all of us with a fresh set of eyes, instead of having years of entrenched meta to bicker through.
Spoiler:
bessie’s standard Woof-Grrr based on absolutely no content from this game whatsoever:

Woof
bessie – towniest townie
LaserGuy – can place himself anywhere on this list he decides to on D1
Sabrar – puppy
plytho – usually very townie on D1, but we have a history
SuicideJunkie – new guy goes here
BoomFrog – I think he prefers to be read as scummier on D1, but I usually start him here
mpolo – right in the middle as usual
Mark_Cangila – is trying to develop a hard to read/scummy meta
MasterOfAll – expect him to be a bit rusty
moody7277 – scummy meta but policy not votable on D1
wam – I’m not sure I have ever read him as town
Madge – well like yeah
Grrr
How this matches up with the current game is yet to be decided, but preliminary thought is that it will be remarkably similar.

MasterOfAll wrote:
bessie wrote:
MasterOfAll wrote:Madge - I'm not going to go find it now, but there was 1 specific post she made that gave me strong town vibes
I would be interested in knowing which post you found townie. There are only eight so you should have time to find it before deadline.
It was this one.
Not the one I would have picked (if I absolutely had to pick one), but it is the one with the most words.

SuicideJunkie wrote:2) The only way to get a no-lynch is for scum to unvote and/or revote such that there are only two people being voted for, and both are tied in votals.
If you want to no lynch, you can vote “No Lynch”, as if “No Lynch” was a player. The two-people-no-lynch would require a vote of 6-6, not just a tie.

LaserGuy, yeah, I should work on that Woof-Grrr.

SuicideJunkie

Postby SuicideJunkie » Wed Dec 19, 2018 8:03 am UTC

3am, but I couldn't sleep :(
bessie wrote:Hmm, and where have I been role fishing? Point to one place I have tried to get someone to reveal their role. Why do you care if I run a post count, or prod people to post? Find something else to throw out there and see if it sticks.
The incident in question was fishing for post restrictions (on sabrar iirc), not roles, if this is about what I think it is about.
Assuming that was a role fish implies one of you submitted a post count restricting role and are indirectly fishing for it.
bessie wrote:
SuicideJunkie wrote:2) The only way to get a no-lynch is for scum to unvote and/or revote such that there are only two people being voted for, and both are tied in votals.
If you want to no lynch, you can vote “No Lynch”, as if “No Lynch” was a player. The two-people-no-lynch would require a vote of 6-6, not just a tie.
Technically correct, but only if scum wants to lose instantly (or faster of there are vig roles).

bessie

Postby bessie » Wed Dec 19, 2018 9:07 am UTC

Woof

bessie – 185% Labrador Retriever.

LaserGuy – Sorry I don’t have time to waste analyzing my town reads. If you want my attention, try to be scummier tomorrow.

Sabrar – 58% barkless Basenji. :( 42% hopeful he’s got the Answer to the Question.

SuicideJunkie – I like the effort and enthusiasm put in to the game. These things are not necessarily alignment indicative, but good enough for a newbie with an unfamiliar meta to make my D1 not-vote list.

BoomFrog – 185% Ultimate Dog Genius. Oddly took my opening post more seriously than I would have expected. Is BoomFrog, so I’m hoping for magical things on D2.

mpolo – There’s no way I’m going to get a reliable read on mpolo on D1. mpolo, please make at least three posts and raise your post count as soon as you are able. Mahalo.

moody7277 – 100% moody. I policy not-vote for moody on D1, but wouldn’t currently vote for him in this game anyway, based on his content.

plytho – Subtly prodding me the entire game, ok. Pretending he doesn’t understand the post counts is odd enough, but why be against something that is encouraging content? Don’t like his page 4 interaction with Mark, feels to me like plytho is trying to steer the conversation toward something that is not going to be that important in determining the lynch. But it also feels like many conversations I have had with him, regardless of either of our alignments, so will reanalyze how I feel tomorrow.

MasterOfAll – His reads feel recycled and noncommittal. I totally do not buy his reason for having Madge at the top of his Nice list. Oh wait, he didn’t give a reason, he just pointed to a post and the vibe of the thing.

Mark_Cangila – Playing exactly like normal, hard to read, slightly scummy Mark, and he knows it. I feel though, that this time he is actually scum.

Madge – Not 100% Madge, and that’s a concern. Opens as usual with an excuse for poor D1 content, but this feels more artificial than UsualMadge. Just like the rest of her content. Madge, answer my question in this post.

wam – Even if I correct for the scummy meta, wam is scummy. Right from the start, his RVS for MoA feels wrong, as does his call out of me in the same post, see my comments here. His content until page three was completely on autopilot, until I pointed it out.

Grrr

Vote: wam

Would likely be willing to move to Madge, depending her answer to my question.

plytho
¡This cheese is burning me!

Postby plytho » Wed Dec 19, 2018 9:51 am UTC

BoomFrog wrote:I have a feeling that MoA wouldn't be a strong player regardless of his alignment. Mark and plytho's exchange feels really weird to me. Like, usually in this situation plytho would find Mark scummy and vote for him. I feel like they are buddies and plytho is trying to help Mark dig himself out of a hole.
I'm seeing Mark next to a hole and I'm providing him the shovels. I'm curious to see which way he digs.
Why are you calling me not voting mark suspicious but not using that same reasoning on others? Why would I uniquely be voting mark?

bessie wrote:
plytho wrote:@Mark: why was the wincon stuff bad in alien warfare? Please be detailed in your explanation.
Not liking this. I can see how the misunderstanding could have come from town!Mark, but I don’t think it requires rereading a 29 page game to understand why. plytho, you know Mark’s usual content level, why ask him for a detailed explanation of something from a past game with only about 34 hours remaining, instead of prodding him for some analysis of this game?
I'm not asking him to reread the game. Mark made a read on mpolo based on his current understanding of that game. I wanted him to explain that current understanding to see if it was genuine misunderstanding or a scum slip.

bessie wrote:Something like this:
plytho wrote:@Bessie: could you do a reads list please?

Hmm, bessie being late with a reads list has been a scum tell before. The stuff with the post counts also has a rolefishy feeling to it.
Oh, and please give examples from my recent games of scum!me being late with a reads list (Day and time remaining), and compare it to when town!me has given a reads list in my recent games.

Hmm, and where have I been role fishing? Point to one place I have tried to get someone to reveal their role. Why do you care if I run a post count, or prod people to post? Find something else to throw out there and see if it sticks.
You've been trying to figure out Sabrar's restriction/power and maybe others by looking at post counts and have been explicitly asking Sabrar about it.

Secret Santa 2018:
first reads list: 12 hours before deadline (ordered)
alignment: ???

texas holdem:
first reads list: 2 days 10 hours before deadline (ordered list 1 day before)
alignment: mafia

wam's chaos:
first reads list: 1 day 1 hour before deadline (ordered list 14 hours before deadline)
alignment: mafia

wheel of time:
first reads list: 3 days 21 hours before deadline (ordered)
alignment: town

alien warfare:
first reads list: 2 days 20 hours before deadline (ordered)
alignment: town

So yeah, your scum lists are later than your town lists, especially when looking at ordered lists (that pet peeve of yours).

bessie wrote:plytho – Subtly prodding me the entire game, ok.

Not sure what you're saying here? Do you think I shouldn't prod you? Does the attention bother you?
bessie wrote: Pretending he doesn’t understand the post counts is odd enough, but why be against something that is encouraging content?

Why do you think I'm against it? I'm questioning your motives. You're not encouraging content, btw, your encouraging post counts.
bessie wrote:mpolo – There’s no way I’m going to get a reliable read on mpolo on D1. mpolo, please make at least three posts and raise your post count as soon as you are able. Mahalo.

You're almost literally saying you don't care about mpolo's content and want a higher post count.

bessie wrote:Mark_Cangila – Playing exactly like normal, hard to read, slightly scummy Mark, and he knows it. I feel though, that this time he is actually scum.
That is such a moody read :D
Pronouns: he him his
Avatar: The High Frontier by Angus McKie

wam

Postby wam » Wed Dec 19, 2018 10:08 am UTC

@Bessie given you feel Mark is scum this time why is he not in your votables pile?
Come join us playing mafia signup here

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Wed Dec 19, 2018 10:12 am UTC

MasterOfAll wrote:I honestly have no idea what you expected from me.
First I expected you to actually look for scum, prod people, ask questions, provide opinion. Then I expected you to explain why you haven't done so. I still don't have an answer to this.

@SuicideJunkie: as bessie explained already explained No Lynch will only happen if all 12 players vote and it's split 6-6. You don't need to fear any such shenanigans today.

BoomFrog wrote:I'm not particularly happy with this wagon, it's too easy, and I don't like the assumption that we caught scum so easily and all their buddies are just sitting back and giving up. At minimum someone would have proposed a serious second candidate.
I know this is your favorite thing to do but you simply have to look beyond applying the same thing over and over again without considering the individualities of the situation.
1. In a 12-player game someone having 4 votes is not an 'easy' wagon, especially if those 4 are asked to vote together in a block.
2. There is a clear consensus about the most scummy players, you won't see a new name pop up out of the blue, not even by a scum-mate.
3. There is push-back even on MasterOfAll (e.g. moody here, or wam not switching back (and possibly pushing for a moody-mislynch after his buddy is voted off (I mean this just looks to be a repeat of this))).

My preferred order is MasterOfAll, wam, Mark, Madge (and I feel strongly about a MasterOfAll-wam team). You should all come back and join me because me leading Town has never caused any problems.
Also you have to ask yourselves: whose flip will give you the most info? Who had the most connections to other players? That person is not Madge.

Totally off:
Spoiler:
If I sort previous games with more than a dozen pages by author then some of the pages get randomly blocked by the work-filter, rest is totally fine. This sometimes makes it a PITA to actually link to what I want to.

jimbobmacdoodle

Postby jimbobmacdoodle » Wed Dec 19, 2018 1:16 pm UTC

"Have you lot not made up your minds yet? I'm hearing people shout that they don't trust Sirs MasterOfAll, wam, Madge and Mark_Cangila. If you don't make your collective minds up soon, I'm just going to pick whoever shouts the loudest!"

Votals:

MasterOfAll (2): Sabrar, plytho
Mark_Cangila (2): wam, BoomFrog
wam (2): MasterOfAll, bessie
Madge (2): SuicideJunkie, LaserGuy

Not voting: Mark_Cangila, Madge, moody7277, mpolo

Phone posting, so I might have made a mistake. As things stand, MasterOfAll will be lynched (I think). The above order is based on the 2-vote lynch priority.

Deadline is 9pm UTC, Wednesday 19th December in roughly 7 and three quarter hours.
BlitzGirl the Primordial
matthewglen wrote:Cueball looks concerned.

wam

Postby wam » Wed Dec 19, 2018 1:54 pm UTC

unvote

vote MOA

Still would prefer a Mark lynch. Will be on till about an hour before deadline.

moody7277

Postby moody7277 » Wed Dec 19, 2018 2:48 pm UTC

Vote: Madge

Liking this wagon.
The story of my life in xkcdmafia:

Tigerlion wrote:Well, I imagine as the game progresses, various people will be getting moody.

BoomFrog wrote:I still have no idea what town moody really looks like.

BoomFrog

Postby BoomFrog » Wed Dec 19, 2018 3:26 pm UTC

wam wrote: unvote

vote MOA

There is literally a 4 way 2 vote tie. Why not vote your preference? (And don't just go "oh yeah" and change your vote, explain your thinking when you made this above vote)
"Everything I need to know about parenting I learned from cooking. Don't be afraid to experiment, and eat your mistakes." - Cronos

plytho

Postby plytho » Wed Dec 19, 2018 3:34 pm UTC

We're on deadline day and we're only 5 pages in? Quiet Sabrar has quite an impact :shock:

I like SJ's LaserGuy read. Calling LaserGuy's townieness overrated does not feel like a newbie scum move.

I had expected a bit more from the latest issue of the daily Sabrar gazette.

@Sabrar: do you really expect that kind or early mutual bussing between wam and MoA?

Ugh, I have this nagging feeling that there's at most 1 scum in this group of usual suspects and I can't figure out who.

I've been looking at old Mark games to see if he's been as defensive as he's being here but I'm not seeing it in his town nor his scum games.
Defensive might be the wrong word, I'm talking about how he changes his mind about all his reads this game when asked about them.
The thing is, that attitude is just scummy. It shows Mark isn't looking for scum, but trying to say the right thing.
His trying to stay alive adds to that. Mark's last game (B99) was a successful town game and his behavior here does not look like his behavior there.

As an example: this response to BoomFrog:
Mark_Cangila wrote:
BoomFrog wrote:Mark_Cangila - Very follow the crowd vote, not really trying to figure things out on his own, just rewording other people's reasoning - slightly scummy

Mark_Cangila - Still weakly justified vote, but even worse that it was defending scum - scummy.

This is ridiculous. The first point seems recycled from other games, and is clearly wrong when you realize I was the first vote on Boom. The second point misunderstands my position. I am not defending plytho, merely stating boom is more concerning.
Yes, it's defensive, but Mark is not backing down.

Vote: Mark

wam

Postby wam » Wed Dec 19, 2018 3:37 pm UTC

BoomFrog wrote:
wam wrote: unvote

vote MOA

There is literally a 4 way 2 vote tie. Why not vote your preference? (And don't just go "oh yeah" and change your vote, explain your thinking when you made this above vote)

1. Even though a tie doesn't lead to NL I think have a leading candidate is good from a vote patterns/information next day perspective.

2. A 4 way 2 vote tie is horribly open to shenanigans. I know it's unlikely to be needed for D1 but I wanted to be sure. Using an example if MOA is scum and sabrar or plytho are the buddies they could unvote under a pretence and then revote which with the lynch rules would lead to a non moa lynch but still allow a distancing vote. All hypothetical but possible.

3. Self preservation - I have argued in the past about town voting in self defence being good but can't find the game on my phone.

4. Linked into 1. Making people make choices makes it easier to read alignments later. Having 4 equal in the votes allows people to hide.

Ninjad by plytho

unvote

Vote Mark

As stated earlier this is my 1st choice lynch. Moa 2nd.

plytho

Postby plytho » Wed Dec 19, 2018 3:41 pm UTC

Votals:

Madge (3): SuicideJunkie, LaserGuy, moody
Mark_Cangila (3):BoomFrog, plytho, wam
MasterOfAll (1): Sabrar

Not voting: Mark_Cangila, Madge, mpolo

wam

Postby wam » Wed Dec 19, 2018 3:42 pm UTC

Note: as per the rules as Madge got there first currently Madge will be lynched.

plytho

Postby plytho » Wed Dec 19, 2018 3:52 pm UTC

Btw, Mark has been reading the thread but hasn't been around for almost 24 hours.

Also, Madge hasn't posted in 36 hours.

plytho

Postby plytho » Wed Dec 19, 2018 3:54 pm UTC

Oh, and while I'm at it, mpolo is nearing 48 hours (and has been online in that time).

SuicideJunkie

Postby SuicideJunkie » Wed Dec 19, 2018 3:56 pm UTC

jimbobmacdoodle wrote:4. In the event of a tied vote, the player who has been at the current vote count or higher the longest continuously up to the deadline will be lynched, unless all players are voting for 2 players (or a player and No Lynch), in which case there will be No Lynch.
Sabrar: ah, I see where I went wrong. That does work better when lurkers still count in the all-players-voting-for-two condition.

In other news, I seem to have woken up with a wagon hitched to me and some hijinks to ponder, while MoA is hanging on to vote veterancy by a thread. (obsolete by the time I previewed... oy.)

I'm going to have to make a chart of the voting web for myself; this is getting wacky.

@wam #2: I've repeated that point, and exactly that action earns an automatic double-barrel FoS from me since page 1. Glad you agree tho.

plytho

Postby plytho » Wed Dec 19, 2018 4:02 pm UTC

SuicideJunkie wrote:I'm going to have to make a chart of the voting web for myself; this is getting wacky.

Isn't this chart clear enough?:
plytho wrote:Votals:

Mark_Cangila (3):BoomFrog, plytho, wam

Not voting: Mark_Cangila, Madge, mpolo

wam

Postby wam » Wed Dec 19, 2018 4:05 pm UTC

SuicideJunkie wrote:
In other news, I seem to have woken up with a wagon hitched to me and some hijinks to ponder, while MoA is hanging on to vote veterancy by a thread. (obsolete by the time I previewed... oy.)

What do you mean hitched to you?

SuicideJunkie

Postby SuicideJunkie » Wed Dec 19, 2018 4:19 pm UTC

Plytho:
That's just a votals list.
I mean a 2D table or something of who thinks who is scummy enough to vote for; and what clusters can be extracted from that.

wam:
Well, moody calls it a wagon before jumping on which is wifom sketchy, though Sabrar disagrees about the wagonosity. And Laser made a comment about liking the voting before making it two.
And it all seems to have started with my vote.

world:
Why must everybody appear sketchy?
I'm just waiting for Bessie to roll in the mud with the rest of us now.
I feel like nobody would have voted for Madge if I hadn't misinterpreted the tied vote thing.

BoomFrog

Postby BoomFrog » Wed Dec 19, 2018 4:22 pm UTC

@SJ: Without the tie vote thing who would you have voted for? Why not vote them now?
"Everything I need to know about parenting I learned from cooking. Don't be afraid to experiment, and eat your mistakes." - Cronos

BoomFrog

Postby BoomFrog » Wed Dec 19, 2018 4:27 pm UTC

SuicideJunkie wrote:I mean a 2D table or something of who thinks who is scummy enough to vote for; and what clusters can be extracted from that.

That is one of my top scum hunting techniques. It's usually not effective until D3, but shaking up the wagon like this helps generate more data. It's how I caught the scum team in meta mafia D4 (although I was unfortunately not followed).

BoomFrog

Postby BoomFrog » Wed Dec 19, 2018 4:51 pm UTC

I'm satisfied that there is likely not a Mark-plytho connection.

Unvote Mark
Vote mpolo

BoomFrog

Postby BoomFrog » Wed Dec 19, 2018 4:56 pm UTC

Modprod mpolo?

BoomFrog

Postby BoomFrog » Wed Dec 19, 2018 5:09 pm UTC

Alright, I've been staring at this and I still feel like we aren't doing any better then random. But as wam said, too many choices gives scum more ways to hide their reasons for choosing.

Unvote mpolo
Vote wam

plytho

Postby plytho » Wed Dec 19, 2018 5:50 pm UTC

Mark, vote please.

SuicideJunkie

Postby SuicideJunkie » Wed Dec 19, 2018 5:52 pm UTC

BoomFrog wrote:@SJ: Without the tie vote thing who would you have voted for? Why not vote them now?

As per my list;
Mark, Madge, or MoA.
If it is looking like a split between mpolo and someone more townie, I'd have to vote the Mpolo side.

By my math, it is currently tied between Madge with seniority and Wam.
I can't switch my vote to anyone else I consider votable (mark as the alternate choice) without FoSing myself hard.

Mark_Cangila

Postby Mark_Cangila » Wed Dec 19, 2018 5:52 pm UTC

SuicideJunkie wrote:mark: Seems to expect spacebattles competence in my first game; excuse for disliking me. Gotta agree with him that his reads list was very disappointing. I'm not able to follow the daychat => scum!sj thing. The potential of me being a sockpuppet of the mafia means I'm not?
Huge quotes, itty-bitty replies. Too defensive in the last half of the thread to even consider scumhunting, which is understandable.
Most Sketchy. Votable

I really don't see where I have demanded "spacebattles competence" from you. I have done no such thing.
MasterOfAll wrote:Yay, I'm winning! (note: this is sarcasm)

Sabrar wrote:I'm totally okay with you posting fluff, I had issues with you posting nothing but. And this should have been clear to you, you failed to address why you haven't been scum-hunting at all.
I honestly have no idea what you expected from me.

bessie wrote:
MasterOfAll wrote:Madge - I'm not going to go find it now, but there was 1 specific post she made that gave me strong town vibes
I would be interested in knowing which post you found townie. There are only eight so you should have time to find it before deadline.
It was this one.

I've been busy lately, and am not sure that I will be able to post again before deadline.

I don't like this post at all. What is meant by "I honestly have no idea what you expected from me?" It seems like an excuse for lurking and not hunting.

However, content wise I really find Wam as the scummiest. His supposed scum slip which doesn't make sense, and his weird early MoA vote.
Vote: Wam

SuicideJunkie

Postby SuicideJunkie » Wed Dec 19, 2018 5:56 pm UTC

Oh, you probably mean right at the time. In that case it would have been Mark.

BoomFrog

Postby BoomFrog » Wed Dec 19, 2018 5:58 pm UTC

SuicideJunkie wrote:
BoomFrog wrote:@SJ: Without the tie vote thing who would you have voted for? Why not vote them now?

As per my list;
Mark, Madge, or MoA.

Not specific enough. Ignoring vote shenanigans and tractability. Which of those three would you unilaterally vote off if only your vote counted?

plytho

Postby plytho » Wed Dec 19, 2018 6:00 pm UTC

Mark, what do you think about Madge?

Also, did wam scum slip, or are you talking about the scum slip he accused you of? Because the latter does make sense. What's wrong with the early MoA vote?

SuicideJunkie

Postby SuicideJunkie » Wed Dec 19, 2018 6:09 pm UTC

Mark_Cangila wrote:I really don't see where I have demanded "spacebattles competence" from you. I have done no such thing.
I might be over sensitive:
I don't trust SJ that much. They (what pronouns would you prefer?) may be inexperienced but they've read many mafia threads and probably know at least a bit. I personally don't think they are that clueless.

- SuicideJunkie should be aware that random voting has a long history on this forum and town/scum uses it equally (and some players don't use it all regardless of alignment). That train of thought is simply not applicable.

But you do seem to be assuming more from me than I have to give.

PS: Boomfrog:
Ninjaed above; Mark would have been my choice.
In the extreme case of if there was no voting and I had a vig, I do have Mark down as most sketchy so far; the same applies.

Mark_Cangila

Postby Mark_Cangila » Wed Dec 19, 2018 6:12 pm UTC

plytho wrote:Mark, what do you think about Madge?

Also, did wam scum slip, or are you talking about the scum slip he accused you of? Because the latter does make sense. What's wrong with the early MoA vote?

I don't see anything off with Madge unless I'm missing it. I do mean the latter about the scum slip. It had 0 reasoning and was then supported past RVS.

SuicideJunkie wrote:
Mark_Cangila wrote:I really don't see where I have demanded "spacebattles competence" from you. I have done no such thing.
I might be over sensitive:
I don't trust SJ that much. They (what pronouns would you prefer?) may be inexperienced but they've read many mafia threads and probably know at least a bit. I personally don't think they are that clueless.

- SuicideJunkie should be aware that random voting has a long history on this forum and town/scum uses it equally (and some players don't use it all regardless of alignment). That train of thought is simply not applicable.

But you do seem to be assuming more from me than I have to give.

Well, the second quote isn't even mine. Also, the first quote isn't demanding competence, just explaining that I don't think you should be treated as completely incompetent.

plytho

Postby plytho » Wed Dec 19, 2018 6:19 pm UTC

Votals:

wam (4): MasterOfAll, bessie, BoomFrog, Mark_Cangila
Mark_Cangila (2):plytho, wam

Not voting: Madge, mpolo

plytho

Postby plytho » Wed Dec 19, 2018 6:20 pm UTC

I might not be around at deadline (but probably will)

wam

Postby wam » Wed Dec 19, 2018 6:30 pm UTC

unvote

vote madge

3rd choice but see previous arguments about voting in self defence.

wam

Postby wam » Wed Dec 19, 2018 6:42 pm UTC

Also boom right now fall foul of his own logic. I have no idea who he actually thinks is scum.

bessie

Postby bessie » Wed Dec 19, 2018 6:45 pm UTC

@plytho, nice, I’ll add “make early ordered reads list” to my checklist. [/sarcasm]

plytho wrote:You've been trying to figure out Sabrar's restriction/power and maybe others by looking at post counts and have been explicitly asking Sabrar about it.
Ok, I see this now. I’m not trying to figure out Sabrar’s power. But you’re right, someone may have cleverly submitted a role that would reveal it by posting restriction. And whomever that is will be my D1 tunnel in the next game.

plytho wrote:
bessie wrote:plytho – Subtly prodding me the entire game, ok.

Not sure what you're saying here? Do you think I shouldn't prod you? Does the attention bother you?
Um, I believe I said "ok".

plytho wrote:Why do you think I'm against it? I'm questioning your motives. You're not encouraging content, btw, your encouraging post counts.
If someone won’t even post (Madge etc), then how are they going to provide content? And I’m generating content because unwillingness to contribute is suspicious.

plytho wrote:You're almost literally saying you don't care about mpolo's content and want a higher post count.
mpolo is not going to be lynched today, unless he flat out claims scum. I’ve already prodded him for reads here and nothing, so at this point I will take what I can get.

plytho wrote:
bessie wrote:Mark_Cangila – Playing exactly like normal, hard to read, slightly scummy Mark, and he knows it. I feel though, that this time he is actually scum.
That is such a moody read :D
That read has in it everything necessary to justify my scum read. If you don’t see it, FoS you.

wam wrote:@Bessie given you feel Mark is scum this time why is he not in your votables pile?
If Mark is scum, it should be pretty obvious and we can save him for later in the game. I’ve discussed lynching obviscum late in the game previously, in painstaking detail, I think in Newbie New Year. No one else agreed with me. Will look for it if I have time, that game has a lot of content, and I don’t think it’s the best use of my time right now.

Sabrar wrote: Also you have to ask yourselves: whose flip will give you the most info? Who had the most connections to other players? That person is not Madge.
You never will allow Madge to be lynched, will you? And she bet on that, right in her opening post, that you would read both her and me in relation to each other; that I would attack her regardless of my alignment and her content, and you would naturally view her as the injured party in need of a defender. So Sabrar, what do you think of Madge’s comment in this post, the one I questioned her on here?
bessie wrote:
Madge wrote:mpolo's point about sabrar's complaint about the rule is interesting, but you know how Sabrar is with his Opinions about rules, I think he'd still be upset if he was scum. but again a townie place when he could jump on the sabrar wagon if he was scum.
So Madge, what exactly do you think is Sabrar’s complaint, and mpolo's point, and why is it interesting?

plytho wrote:It shows Mark isn't looking for scum, but trying to say the right thing.
Oh hahaha, when I said the same thing it was “such a moody read”.

SuicideJunkie wrote:Why must everybody appear sketchy?
I'm just waiting for Bessie to roll in the mud with the rest of us now.
I feel like nobody would have voted for Madge if I hadn't misinterpreted the tied vote thing.

(1) It’s the nature of the game; (3) Madge has a scummy meta and is capable of earning votes without your help so don’t give yourself so much credit; (2) :
Spoiler:
Bessie rolling in the mud.jpg
Bessie rolling in the mud.jpg (95.32 KiB) Viewed 742 times

Unofficial Votals:

wam (4) : MasterOfAll, bessie, BoomFrog, Mark_Cangila
MasterOfAll (1) : Sabrar
Mark_Cangila (1) : plytho
Madge (4) : SuicideJunkie, LaserGuy, moody7277, wam

Not voting : Madge, mpolo

Post count, including confirmation posts:
Spoiler:
bessie: 13
BoomFrog: 25
LaserGuy: 14
Madge: 11
Mark_Cangila: 14
MasterOfAll: 9
moody7277: 10
mpolo: 7
plytho: 28
Sabrar: 6
SuicideJunkie: 23
wam: 25

SuicideJunkie

Postby SuicideJunkie » Wed Dec 19, 2018 7:07 pm UTC

Mark_Cangila wrote:Well, the second quote isn't even mine. Also, the first quote isn't demanding competence, just explaining that I don't think you should be treated as completely incompetent.
Huh, that was actually sabrar for the 2nd, yeah.
I need to shift a fractional scumpoint from you to Sabrar, but that still leaves most of the sketchiness.

wam

Postby wam » Wed Dec 19, 2018 7:15 pm UTC

Right so was hoping to avoid this, claim time.

I'm a cop variant. I pick 1/4 of the players alive (rpunded up) and get told if they are the same alignment or different.

Return to “Mafia”