Wams belated simple game - Day 3

For your simulated organized crime needs.

Moderators: jestingrabbit, Moderators General, Prelates

plytho
¡This cheese is burning me!

Re: Wams belated simple game

Postby plytho » Wed Mar 13, 2019 8:53 pm UTC

I like LaserGuy!

(a previous version of this post that got lost because I was distracted included "for now" but that latest post made me drop that clause)

LaserGuy wrote:Right answer. Wrong reason.
Why not "maybe also right reason"?

Anyway, yeah, the "mask scumtells" bits pinged me too.
Pronouns: he him his
Avatar: The High Frontier by Angus McKie

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Wed Mar 13, 2019 9:32 pm UTC

LaserGuy wrote:moody: Reaction test.
I like to clarify things. moody posted exactly once before you said he felt off. Are you now claiming that it wasn't an honest read and you were just fishing for a reaction? If yes, why did you choose to target specifically moody with that?

moody7277

Postby moody7277 » Wed Mar 13, 2019 9:48 pm UTC

jimbobmacdoodle wrote:Do you think scum!somitomi is as likely as town!somitomi to do this?

I think this is bored!somi doing this being as he was the first one killed in Golden Gun. I think there's been enough people trying one-off posting styles that there is no alignment indication.

I have a hypothesis as to why LaserGuy wanted to test me, but I'll leave him to his uncontaminated opinion.
The story of my life in xkcdmafia:

Tigerlion wrote:Well, I imagine as the game progresses, various people will be getting moody.

BoomFrog wrote:I still have no idea what town moody really looks like.

bessie

Postby bessie » Thu Mar 14, 2019 2:57 am UTC

jimbobmacdoodle wrote:I have no idea what somitomi is doing.
Awww, this makes me very sad for you. :(

jimbobmacdoodle wrote:Bessie is being bessieMadge. I have this vague memory that she warned ahead of time that she would, but my memory might be scrambled, (I'm having some weird dreams at the moment...), but if not, this could also be an attempt to mask scum tells?
I’m Madge. I’m not masking scum tells. I’m putting them out there for all to see.

Where is OtherMadge anyway?

And the dream comment intrigues me. Did your weird dreams include me me me? Where did this dream take place, did we meet at a party? Was I a smallish female humanoid with long dark wavy hair, dark brown eyes, and a degree in astrophysics (cuz I really am!)? Did I have a pair of white mice instead of a Labrador (cuz I really don’t!)? Tell me how was it weird? You didn’t have two heads, did you? :shock:

jimbobmacdoodle wrote:Getting some early townie pings from Sabrar's content.
Really? He claimed scum with LaserGuy in his first post.

Sabrar wrote:I miss Vicarin.
If you miss Vicarin you can pretend he’s playing. Do a read of him and put him in your woof-grr list. But if you do I will seriously question your mental stability because only an insane person would pretend someone is playing when he isn't. :wink: 8-)

plytho wrote:Would like to hear why somi doesn't like my poems :cry:
I just freaking totally lost it when I read this and need to take a break to recover... :lol:

Madge

Postby Madge » Thu Mar 14, 2019 5:05 am UTC

bessie wrote:I’m here!!! And I’m soooooo excited to be playing!!!!!!

Anyway I know you all want to hear about my real life. I’m super busy at work and I won’t have as much time to play as usual (my boss expects me to put in EXTRA HOURS this month, WHAT’S UP WITH THAT???). So I will be playing as Madge’s meta, the greatest of all metas that we should all try to emulate. I plan on reading through the thread once a day and posting WHATEVER I FEEL LIKE POSTING without over organizing and over analyzing. If I have time this weekend maybe I’ll do some reads but maybe not. D1 SUCKS so I may not even pay close attention until D2 when I claim. It doesn’t matter because I am Madge so that means Sabrar is my guardian angel and won’t let me get lynched just for being my super scummy self.

Vote: Madge

There is only room for one Madge and that is ME ME ME.

This is the best birthday present I could have gotten :lol: I love you bessie (SERIOUSLY IT"S MY BIRTHDAY SO YOU ALL HAVE TO NOT VOTE ME OFF TODAY, I am the ripe old age of 31)

Claiming D2? Why are you waiting so long?????????? :lol:

TIME FOR ME TO CLAIM

I am town!!!!!!!! :o

Sabrar's doing well. But that's his talent. I feel if he was scum he'd ask his question about coded communication privately. I don't think there's much value in looking for coded scum comms though, won't specify why as don't want to help scum even though they're probably smarter than me anyhow

Mpolo's doing great, than kyou mpolo for giving me setupspec that I can realte to, nod, read, and enjoy. That said I shouldn't let that win me over too much because it's something scum would do to try to win me over.

(also I burned my hand on the weekend with hot oil (pics available if you really want) and finally got it dressed so now my typing is not great because I have FINGER BANDAGES)

((also yesterday I had a ten hour workday driving around looking at crashes and then had to go straight to my french theatre club WHICH WAS LIT and then watched survivor micronesia (the episode where Jason finds Ozzy's fake idol!! CLASSIC) and then straight to bed so I didn't actually use a computer all day so that's why I didn't post until now))

(((also sorry i am not being bessie this game)))

((((also I think there's a certain amount of brackets that i'm not meant to use because it will give the wrong impression))))

(((((I'm pretty sure hwatever that number is I have reached it in this post-post postscript)))))

((((((i love that me and bessie have this good-natured sledging thing going on but then i have weird moments of anxiety where i wonder if it's good natured or if we actually hate each other for real then i remember that we are mafia soulmates - THAT"S RIGHT I SAID IT BESSIE YOU ARE MY MAFIA WIFE))))))

((((((((bessie do you want to comod a game called the mafia wedding of madge and bessie it would somehow be extremely meta?)))))))

(((((((((i don't have time to mod anything all year except i'll make an exception for me and sabrar's now-traditional halloween game)))))))))

((((((((((bessie tell us more about your BIG IMPORTANT PROJECT thanks))))))))))

(((((((((((i love all this h2g2 stuff but i'm going to not participate for now i hope you forgive)))))))))))
I'm writing a supernatural romance novel, it updates the first weekend of every month. You can find it here.

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:38 am UTC

@LaserGuy: what do you think of somitomi placing jimbob high in his list?
@bessie: what do you think of LaserGuy?
@mpolo: who is the most scummy and why?

Unvote
Vote: LaserGuy
Unvote

TpsM7mbnLS

Apologies for that, a puppy must have jumped on my keyboard.

LaserGuy

Postby LaserGuy » Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:50 am UTC

I get a buddy vibe from jimbob/somitomi. somitomi is responding unprompted to jimbob's comments, and puts jimbob quite high on his list for unknown reasons; jimbob is... mmm... maybe not quite defending somitomi, but I'd go with excusing him? It's not outside the range of a buddy who doesn't know what the other is doing but is doing his best to go along with it, IMHO.

re: moody, his joke seemed a bit forced (and I had forgotten mpolo was in the game and was a bit surprised moody hadn't). Enough to pique my interest, so I thought I would poke him and see what happened.

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:11 am UTC

LaserGuy wrote:somitomi is responding unprompted to jimbob's comments,
What do you consider unprompted? I comment on stuff where I'm not even mentioned all the time, it's what drives the game.

jimbobmacdoodle

Postby jimbobmacdoodle » Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:36 am UTC

plytho wrote:@jimbob: what do you think about LaserGuy?
LaserGuy doesn't seem any different from how I usually view him early game - highly aggressive and generally slow to provide reasoning until prodded. I don't think that style is alignment indicative from him. I don't like his vote on me, as it feels rather opportunistic, given two other players had expressed scummy feelings of me, but I'm not putting too much weight behind that concern given it's me who's being voted for.
plytho wrote:One thing he said felt like he was trying to act townie.
Isn't that what everybody is trying to do? Also, what thing?

On LaserGuy and my "rhetorical throwing shade", those comments were me trying to work out my feelings. Whatever came into my head, I wrote down (and started going a bit silly with somitomi re. Meta-mafia etc). In somitomi's case, I actually said (perhaps unclearly) I got a townie read from his style due to how somitomi usually plays and the sort of person who he usually is. I hardly call this throwing shade... However, the reasoning stuck with me as a possible reason for bessie's style too, hence why it's similarly stated. I could just as easily have phrased it differently and it would have expressed my thoughts equally well. As for the plytho read, I was asked a question, and I responded with a possible explanation for his content. I don't see how that's scummy.

Bessie, sorry to disappoint, but the dreams weren't related to you in any way. I got townie pings from Sabrar, similar to Madge's. I don't think he'd have asked all the questions he did in public.

Sabrar, was there any reason behind the LaserGuy vote/unvote, or was that just in response to his "serious vote"?

At work now, and don't know if I'll get another chance to post today.
BlitzGirl the Primordial
matthewglen wrote:Cueball looks concerned.

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:43 am UTC

jimbobmacdoodle wrote:Sabrar, was there any reason behind the LaserGuy vote/unvote, or was that just in response to his "serious vote"?
There is usually a reason behind everything I do. Now whether it's a serious reason or me just goofing around is an exercise left for the reader.

plytho

Postby plytho » Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:50 am UTC

jimbobmacdoodle wrote:
It's not. Townies, by virtue of being townie, don't need to act townie, they just are. The thing is the bit where you make a big deal about having an opinion about which setup is best.

plytho

Postby plytho » Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:59 am UTC

Sabrar wrote:
jimbobmacdoodle wrote:Sabrar, was there any reason behind the LaserGuy vote/unvote, or was that just in response to his "serious vote"?
There is usually a reason behind everything I do. Now whether it's a serious reason or me just goofing around is an exercise left for the reader.

I'm just happy this is a simple game an I don't need to guess what kind of power you might be using :D

moody7277

Postby moody7277 » Thu Mar 14, 2019 12:45 pm UTC

LaserGuy wrote:re: moody, his joke seemed a bit forced (and I had forgotten mpolo was in the game and was a bit surprised moody hadn't). Enough to pique my interest, so I thought I would poke him and see what happened.

Well, that was nowhere near what I was figuring. My idea had a much higher opinion of myself: I'm so hard to read that LG had to challenge me instead of passively reading me. BTW, I read the actual player list before the random vote so I knew the pool to draw from.

Feeling solid town leans from Sabrar and plytho.

Tigerlion wrote:Well, I imagine as the game progresses, various people will be getting moody.

plytho

Postby plytho » Thu Mar 14, 2019 6:58 pm UTC

can we have the votals please?

wam

Postby wam » Thu Mar 14, 2019 7:23 pm UTC

votals

Bessie - 2 - madge, somitomi
Mpolo - 1 - moody7277
Somitomi - 1 - Bessie,
Plytho - 1 - Jimbobmacdoodle
Jimbobmacdoodle - 2 - plytho, laserguy

With 9 players it takes 5 to hammer.

Deadline is Tuesday 9pm utc.

Come join us playing mafia signup here

plytho

Postby plytho » Thu Mar 14, 2019 7:35 pm UTC

thanks

LaserGuy

Postby LaserGuy » Thu Mar 14, 2019 7:47 pm UTC

Sabrar wrote:
LaserGuy wrote:somitomi is responding unprompted to jimbob's comments,
What do you consider unprompted? I comment on stuff where I'm not even mentioned all the time, it's what drives the game.

Which of somitomi's comments do you feel are game advancing? Which ones are fluff? Where is the fluff directed?

moody7277 wrote:Well, that was nowhere near what I was figuring. My idea had a much higher opinion of myself: I'm so hard to read that LG had to challenge me instead of passively reading me. BTW, I read the actual player list before the random vote so I knew the pool to draw from.

In your recent Town games I've found you much easier to sort, actually.

jimbobmacdoodle wrote:On LaserGuy and my "rhetorical throwing shade", those comments were me trying to work out my feelings.

You were casually suggesting sinister motives to things that may (and likely do) have innocent or at least NAI explanations.

bessie wrote:I’m Madge. I’m not masking scum tells. I’m putting them out there for all to see.

Your bessie is showing a bit in this post ;)

bessie wrote:degree in astrophysics

How did I not know this already? I should have recognized you as a kindred spirit.

Not happy with the placements of plytho and Madge particularly, but this is roughly where I'm at.

Town
LaserGuy
mpolo
Sabrar
bessie
moody
plytho
Madge
somitomi
jimbob
Scum

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:14 pm UTC

Actually game-advancing I believe is only the "What? and I don't understand and Where's the tea?" directed at moody. Everything else is fluff.
However "I am Vroomfondel, and that is not a demand, that is a solid fact! What we demand is solid facts!" is I believe more indicative of town.

Madge

Postby Madge » Fri Mar 15, 2019 12:39 am UTC

I'm keen to see where this goes. In particular I want more hitchhiker's guide quotes from somi. I don't think anything is scum-indicative yet. I hate mafia, mpolo being helpful is both townie and scummy, and bessie being silly is just amazing.
I'm writing a supernatural romance novel, it updates the first weekend of every month. You can find it here.

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Fri Mar 15, 2019 5:56 am UTC

@Madge: if you had a compulsive Vig-shot right here and now, who would you target?

Madge

Postby Madge » Fri Mar 15, 2019 6:09 am UTC

You for trying to get a townie with poor scumdar to kill someone :lol:

Really: I don't know. Mpolo, for some reason, but I don't want to penalise people for being helpful.

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Fri Mar 15, 2019 7:13 am UTC

So you don't have an opinion on any of the other players? What about LaserGuy's case on jimbob?

Madge

Postby Madge » Fri Mar 15, 2019 7:27 am UTC

I don't think there's much to it. I don't place as much stock in interactions like this early game. I wonder if we should do post-mortems: people going back through all their "cases" from a game after results are known and work out what they did right and wrong. I get the feeling that I'd probably come out pretty bad from it, and someone like SDK would win, and then a lot of other people would probably come out worse than they thought. Hmm.

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Fri Mar 15, 2019 7:58 am UTC

Madge wrote:I don't place as much stock in interactions like this early game.
I think you answered a different question than I had in mind. Let's try again.
1. Do you think that the reasons LaserGuy finds jimbob scummy are valid?
2. If yes, would it mean that jimbob is scum?
3. If no, would it mean that LaserGuy is scum?

jimbobmacdoodle

Postby jimbobmacdoodle » Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:01 am UTC

Morning all! Like yesterday, this might well be my only post for the day. It's likely this will continue this way until D2, assuming I survive that long.

plytho wrote:
jimbobmacdoodle wrote:
It's not. Townies, by virtue of being townie, don't need to act townie, they just are. The thing is the bit where you make a big deal about having an opinion about which setup is best.
I see. I think you'll find if you go through my past games that if there's a question, general asked or direct to me, then I will always try to answer it, but if I can't I promise to come back later and do so.
moody7277 wrote:Feeling solid town leans from Sabrar and plytho.
What about any solid scum leans?
LaserGuy wrote:You were casually suggesting sinister motives to things that may (and likely do) have innocent or at least NAI explanations.
I do that all the time. It's why I have this bad tendency to tunnel at times.

@LaserGuy, why is mpolo so high on your list?
@Madge, how is mpolo being helpful scummy?

Some early mostly gut reads:
Town: somitomi, Sabrar, LaserGuy?
Madge: Madge (probably town), bessie (maybe scum?)
Scum: plytho, moody? mpolo?
BlitzGirl the Primordial

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:08 am UTC

@jimbob: can you elaborate (besides gut-feeling) on why you have moody and mpolo as possible scum?

mpolo

Postby mpolo » Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:12 am UTC

LaserGuy's read on jimbob is impressive. I don't think I would have caught that on my own, but once pointed out it looks pretty damning.

I'm not reading much into the couple of people being playful with their posts: somitomi for Hitchhikers, bessie for channelling Madge, Madge for programming in LISP. Since there's no flavor provided, they seem to be just seasoning the game according to their own whims.

As usual, I find myself limping along behind this thing. I will try to do a deeper read today or tomorrow.
Image <-- Evil experiment

Madge

Postby Madge » Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:35 am UTC

@jimbob the reason i say that being helpful in setup spec could be a scum tell is because it's the sort of helpful thing a scum person can do without having to work too hard to think of a townie POV to post from. It's kind of alignment-neutral and very helpful. I've done similar things as scum on D1 in days long past before I really leant into my "I hate d1" meta and subsequently didn't roll scum for like 3 years (note: bessie might find out i was scum six months ago in a game, in which case, I apologise I genuinely forgot).

@sabrar: my understanding of Laserguy's case on jimbob is that he's buddying somitomi in a weird way. I don't think it's scum indicative for jimbob, and I don't think it's scum indicative for laserguy since laserguy does these sorts of things. I have no opinion on the somi-jim interaction. however now I realise YOU are buddying ME in a weird way, does that mean we're scum together!??!

jimbobmacdoodle

Postby jimbobmacdoodle » Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:53 am UTC

Sabrar wrote:@jimbob: can you elaborate (besides gut-feeling) on why you have moody and mpolo as possible scum?

Quickfire response at work: mpolo especially is active lurking with his only content being setup related (until his most recent post, which is just a sheep). Moody isn't quite as bad, but the only thing he's actually said of note is to give two town reads of players. He's not done anything really to drive the game forward in any way. I'd go for bessie and Madge for the same reason, but they're being Madge, so I'm not expecting much from them at this point.
BlitzGirl the Primordial

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:52 am UTC

And why is this alignment-indicative for either of them? Check the last Secret Santa for an example.

plytho

Postby plytho » Fri Mar 15, 2019 12:44 pm UTC

request modprod on somitomi
request modprod on bessie

town to scum:

town
plytho
LaserGuy
Sabrar
everyone else
mpolo: didn't like the hidden messages response and the backtrack
jimbob: already explained
scum

everyone else:
Somitomi: I still want a response from him. His only mention of me is in his reads list in his final post 2 days ago. Don't like him sheeping jimbob like that. Hmm, probably the scummiest of the bunch.
Bessie:
bessie wrote:
plytho wrote:Would like to hear why somi doesn't like my poems :cry:
I just freaking totally lost it when I read this and need to take a break to recover... :lol:

That break is a great compliment, thanks! But you can come back now. I have no issues with bessie's content so far.
moody:
moody7277 wrote:Feeling solid town leans from Sabrar and plytho.
What's your read on LaserGuy?
Madge:
Madge wrote:I don't think there's much to it. I don't place as much stock in interactions like this early game. I wonder if we should do post-mortems: people going back through all their "cases" from a game after results are known and work out what they did right and wrong. I get the feeling that I'd probably come out pretty bad from it, and someone like SDK would win, and then a lot of other people would probably come out worse than they thought. Hmm.
This is somewhat suspicious. It seems like Madge is trying to dismiss LaserGuy's case on jimbob.

town
plytho
LaserGuy
Sabrar
Bessie
moody
Madge
somitomi
mpolo
jimbob
scum

plytho

Postby plytho » Fri Mar 15, 2019 12:46 pm UTC

could we get a deadline clock (I liked how SuicideJunkie put them in the OP)

moody7277

Postby moody7277 » Fri Mar 15, 2019 1:27 pm UTC

bessie- playing as Madge this game, RV her then somi, lot of discussion with jimbob, only strong opinion she's made is scum!Sabrar. overall is a slight town lean (+3)

jimbob- RV me, code hunting useless, reads being concerned about somi and bessie, Sabrar townie, votes plytho. some responses, asks me about somi, preferred setup, LG typical but following, puts him among townie reads, me mpolo plytho as scummy. neutral (+1)

LaserGuy- RV Madge, switches to me for flimsy reason, later says it was reaction generation, wants plytho to expand his read on jimbob, votes somi based on bessie's read. case building on jimbob, basically amounts to him mudslinging, votes jimbob as a conclusion. also is linking somi to jimbob. town to scum list reflects this. moderately townie (+4)

Madge- RV bessie, "claims" town, likes somi's posting style, bufuddled by Sabrar asking her about a hypothetical vig, not convinced by LG's case on jimbob. Is being more Madge than usual, probably because bessie is also being Madge. (+3 +/- 3)

Will get to the rest when I have more time this afternoon.

bessie

Postby bessie » Fri Mar 15, 2019 1:54 pm UTC

I’m here. I’m super busy.

Did Madge just make the most Madge post ever? :shock: How will I ever top that??? (hint: I can't) Responses later.

Sabrar wrote:@bessie: what do you think of LaserGuy?
Will respond tonight.

jimbobmacdoodle wrote:Bessie, sorry to disappoint, but the dreams weren't related to you in any way.
I totally don’t understand this comment. It is completely beyond my comprehension.

plytho wrote:Townies, by virtue of being townie, don't need to act townie, they just are.
Hahahahaha. You need to reread some old games and refresh your memory. I don’t think Madge has been townie for at least four years, like since Misnomer’s Smalltown PYP where she was scum. See also: BoomFrog, Zenii.

Sabrar wrote: However "I am Vroomfondel, and that is not a demand, that is a solid fact! What we demand is solid facts!" is I believe more indicative of town.
This is interesting. I could have believed that you were town-leaning on somitomi because he’s trying a BoomGambit, but I find it very odd that your reason is because he decided to quote Vroomfondel. I kinda feel like this is a forced read.

jimbobmacdoodle wrote:
Sabrar wrote:@jimbob: can you elaborate (besides gut-feeling) on why you have moody and mpolo as possible scum?

Quickfire response at work: mpolo especially is active lurking with his only content being setup related (until his most recent post, which is just a sheep). Moody isn't quite as bad, but the only thing he's actually said of note is to give two town reads of players. He's not done anything really to drive the game forward in any way. I'd go for bessie and Madge for the same reason, but they're being Madge, so I'm not expecting much from them at this point.
In case you haven’t figured out the joke yet, somitomi has not said one word (apart from his vote for me and his town-scum list) that is not a quote from The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy (his opener, the breakfast cereal comment, everything). And I’m totally cool with it. But your town lean on somitomi is odd considering it you were previously unfamiliar with the book, and in context given your reasons for your gut reads on other players. How is somitomi town for, well, what can be considered a lot of active lurking (that is quickly becoming just lurking), when you scum lean on others that have posted actual content for active lurking?

More Madge role play / real life tonight. My company decided to move, like this week. Like actually move in a week. Like a whole machine shop.

plytho

Postby plytho » Fri Mar 15, 2019 2:01 pm UTC

bessie wrote:
plytho wrote:Townies, by virtue of being townie, don't need to act townie, they just are.
Hahahahaha. You need to reread some old games and refresh your memory. I don’t think Madge has been townie for at least four years, like since Misnomer’s Smalltown PYP where she was scum. See also: BoomFrog, Zenii.
You're not wrong but you're missing the point I'm making entirely.

somitomi

Postby somitomi » Fri Mar 15, 2019 6:46 pm UTC

"I regret that I have been temporarily closed to all communication. Meanwhile, here is some light music."
plytho wrote:[
Would like to hear why somi doesn't like my poems :cry:

"What? Harmless? Is that all it's got to say? Harmless! One word!"
Ford shrugged.
"Well, there are a hundred billion stars in the Galaxy, and only a limited amount of space in the book's microprocessors," he said, "and no one knew much about the Earth of course."
"Well for God's sake I hope you managed to rectify that a bit."
"Oh yes, well I managed to transmit a new entry off to the editor. He had to trim it a bit, but it's still an improvement."
LaserGuy wrote:I get a buddy vibe from jimbob/somitomi. somitomi is responding unprompted to jimbob's comments, and puts jimbob quite high on his list for unknown reasons; jimbob is... mmm... maybe not quite defending somitomi, but I'd go with excusing him? It's not outside the range of a buddy who doesn't know what the other is doing but is doing his best to go along with it, IMHO.

"No," muttered the machine in its deep guttural rumble, "Too obvious. Anti-­‐matter ray?" it hazarded.
"Far too obvious," admonished Marvin.
LaserGuy wrote:You were casually suggesting sinister motives to things that may (and likely do) have innocent or at least NAI explanations.

"That sounds perfectly reasonable," he said in a reassuring tone of voice, wondering who he was trying to reassure.
moody7277 wrote:Madge- RV bessie, "claims" town, likes somi's posting style, bufuddled by Sabrar asking her about a hypothetical vig, not convinced by LG's case on jimbob. Is being more Madge than usual, probably because bessie is also being Madge. (+3 +/- 3)

"But can we trust him?" he said.
"Myself I'd trust him to the end of the Earth," said Ford.
"Oh yes," said Arthur, "and how far's that?"
—◯-◯ FG Discord

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Fri Mar 15, 2019 8:32 pm UTC

bessie wrote:I kinda feel like this is a forced read.

Here are some other snippets where I read people townie. Do you think they are forced too?
Spoiler:
Madge wrote:than kyou mpolo for giving me setupspec that I can realte to, nod, read, and enjoy.

moody wrote:I have a hypothesis as to why LaserGuy wanted to test me, but I'll leave him to his uncontaminated opinion.

plytho wrote:Although a cop is very nice too.

Jailkeeper + roleblocker vs strongman seems like the worst.

@somitomi: am I reading it correctly that you agree with LaserGuy's case on jimbob? And your last quote, was it wrt moody or Madge?

moody7277

Postby moody7277 » Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:24 pm UTC

mpolo- basic setup spec, likes least powerful mafia setup, gets distracted by the crypto scum signalling issue, befuddled by the roleplay. very superficial posts, must do better (-2)

plytho- RV LaserGuy, opinions on setup, pessimistic that scum will know results of rolecop, suspicious of jimbob, votes him. likes Sabrar and LG, mpolo also scummy. firmly town (+5)

Sabrar- RV LaserGuy, setup questions, interested in LG's snap reactions, asks about crypt rolecop reporting, but not intensely interested in it. Has to get pointed in order for LG to explain his reads, translating somi's HG2Gese reveals a small amount of content, sideways asks Madge for her scummiest read. firmly town (+5)

btw, I think the LG-Sabrar scum thing is because they were the scum team in v1.0 of the game, which is moot but terrifying in hindsight

somi- speaking in HG2Gese. RV bessie, some responses that are a bit hard to tease out the meaning of, town to scum list that is a little odd (plytho on bottom?). Hopefully somi can be a little less ambiguous without losing the fun. (+2 +/- 2.5)

LaserGuy

Postby LaserGuy » Sat Mar 16, 2019 8:19 am UTC

jimbobmacdoodle wrote:I do that all the time. It's why I have this bad tendency to tunnel at times.

I don't recall you doing much tunneling. If anything, my impression is that you make a deliberate point of trying to interact with everyone.

@LaserGuy, why is mpolo so high on your list?

mpolo's play has been very consistent with his Town play. His musings on setup feel... unlikely to come from scum.

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Sat Mar 16, 2019 11:49 am UTC

LaserGuy wrote:mpolo's play has been very consistent with his Town play.
I think this can also be said of his scum-play. Specifically I got a similar impression in Halloween.

Return to “Mafia”