1190: "Time"

This forum is for the individual discussion thread that goes with each new comic.

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

The Moomin

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby The Moomin » Mon May 06, 2019 5:47 pm UTC

Have you considered that you've been friends since Time began?

Edit for unexpected poping.

Um. Include a stick figure.

.0/
/|
_|\_
I'm alive because the cats are alive.
The cats are alive because I'm alive.
Specious.

lmjb1964
Location: In the Present! Need to ketchup NP 2236-2280, plus NP 2026-2058 and something like 2060-2090+?.

Re: 1190: Time OTTCOLORISING IS SO _LAST YIP_

Postby lmjb1964 » Mon May 06, 2019 9:36 pm UTC

balthasar_s wrote:
lmjb1964 wrote:Taking a quick peek in here from the trenches, and I'm seeing many awesomeful things. So Phys is interactive? I wonder if it will have anything about zombies or raptors. *Waits for it.*
But would you really want it?
If you have the possibility to shape the story,
you also have responsibility.
raptors, zombies, I don't see how it would fit into the topic of the phys story.
You could say, it's something from a different bag. (do you use bags for relocation?)
From the whole RAZOR full name I think only "observation" seems relevant.

Well, I was really being facetious, but then once I said it, I started wondering if there was actually a way they could work it into the story. :D

No, we don't use bags. It's hard to find bags big enough, and the raptors and zombies tend to rip right through them. We tried just buying hem a ticket and putting them on a bus, but they weren't always very cooperative and sometimes ate the other passengers, so we had to abandon that method. Now we usually go with crates; with a little bedding, they feel nice and homey, and only the burliest raptors ever break out of them to wreak havoc. Um, I mean, none of them have every broken out of a crate, or wreaked havoc of any kind. It always goes perfectly smoothly.

Hi, Moomin! It's been a long Time! Good to see you.

For decree:

Redundant:
Spoiler:
stickfigure.jpeg
stickfigure.jpeg (5.55 KiB) Viewed 17501 times

redundnatstick.jpg

Edited to fix typo that gave the exact opposite meaning from what I meant to write. Actually, at first I quoted myself instead of editing, again. Fortunately, I caught it in time.
Last edited by lmjb1964 on Wed May 08, 2019 4:27 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.

You helped Addams stay in her home, and gave her a better life. She thanks you, and so do I.
Imagesmiley by yappo
That's a robot but it totally counts. Image

bot by balthasar_s

balthasar_s

Postby balthasar_s » Mon May 06, 2019 10:23 pm UTC

lmjb1964 wrote:No, we don't use bags. It's hard to find bags big enough, and the raptors and zombies tend to rip right through them. We tried just buying hem a ticket and putting them on a bus, but they were always very cooperative and sometimes ate the other passengers,
You send them by bus with 8 other passengers?
I always thought RAZOR was being very secret.
How to keep a secret when there are 8 people who see where you take them?
(unless being so obviously non-secret makes everyone not notice anything suspicious:
"oh, another raptor in the bus again. Do they make be-a-dinosaur parties here or what?
They are so good at pretending to be a raptor. Cool.")

Now we usually go with crates; with a little bedding, they feel nice and homey, and only the burliest raptors ever break out of them to wreak havoc.
some totally not suspicious guy in a bus wrote:No, don't break the crates!
They are supposed to be re-usable!
You know how expensive they were?

If we didn't have to get new crates all the time,
we wouldn't have to go everywhere by bus!
BSTA
Good luck, my blitzing friends!
BTTBAA:1023 # Mustard? Use the mirror! Blitzing? Also use the mirror! And here's why. # OTT facebug copy
that's a robot so it doesn't countImage
This text was autogenerated:
swimming unit detector active

ZoomanSP
Location: Twelve days north of the Othercomic threads, and a few degrees south of complete insanity. (©yappo)

Postby ZoomanSP » Mon May 06, 2019 10:54 pm UTC

Wait on.

Spoiler:
Kieryn wrote:They have a culture involving hat wearing. What kind of a collective would come up with such a thing!?
BlitzGirl wrote:I'll get the razor and finish off Occam while we're at it.
ucim / Megan wrote:"It can do whatever it wants. It's the OTT."

lmjb1964
Location: In the Present! Need to ketchup NP 2236-2280, plus NP 2026-2058 and something like 2060-2090+?.

Postby lmjb1964 » Wed May 08, 2019 4:32 am UTC

balthasar_s wrote:
lmjb1964 wrote:No, we don't use bags. It's hard to find bags big enough, and the raptors and zombies tend to rip right through them. We tried just buying hem a ticket and putting them on a bus, but they weren't always very cooperative and sometimes ate the other passengers,
You send them by bus with 8 other passengers?
I always thought RAZOR was being very secret.
How to keep a secret when there are 8 people who see where you take them?
(unless being so obviously non-secret makes everyone not notice anything suspicious:
"oh, another raptor in the bus again. Do they make be-a-dinosaur parties here or what?
They are so good at pretending to be a raptor. Cool.")

FTFM.

:) And no, of course you need to put them on a bus with more than eight people, then people are less likely to notice. And sending them at night helps. But then there's the "eating the other passengers" problem...

balthasar_s wrote:
lmjb1964 wrote:
Now we usually go with crates; with a little bedding, they feel nice and homey, and only the burliest raptors ever break out of them to wreak havoc.
some totally not suspicious guy in a bus wrote:No, don't break the crates!
They are supposed to be re-usable!
You know how expensive they were?

If we didn't have to get new crates all the time,
we wouldn't have to go everywhere by bus!

:D

edited because balthasar keeps making me notice things I did wrong the first time. :)
Last edited by lmjb1964 on Wed May 08, 2019 7:10 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.

You helped Addams stay in her home, and gave her a better life. She thanks you, and so do I.
Imagesmiley by yappo

bot by balthasar_s

balthasar_s

Postby balthasar_s » Wed May 08, 2019 5:19 am UTC

lmjb1964 wrote:
lmjb1964 wrote:but they weren't always very cooperative
FTFM.
Or maybe they were cooperative, but they cooperated with each other instead of you...
I know it's cheaper but maybe it's not a good idea to put more than one into the same bus?

lmjb1964 wrote:But then there's the eating the other passenger problem...
They're eating the passengers' other problem? What was the other problem? It's nice that one problem eats another.
BSTA
BTTBAA:1023 # Mustard? Use the mirror! Blitzing? Also use the mirror! And here's why. # OTT facebug copy

higgs-boson

Postby higgs-boson » Wed May 08, 2019 8:54 am UTC

<higgs!?>

Spoiler:

Hoooooolymolpy. I feel like ... memories, everywhere, buried for ages (well, a couple of winters, anyway - I don't bother translating this into newpix, right now), suddenly surfacing, along with the language I used to know. It is a very special kind of "homecoming feeling", like revisiting an old childhood camping site deep in the woods of a foreign country. You know, kinda the hiding places where you and that girl ... and all these evenings with camp fire and guitar and ...

Hello, you. How have y'all been?

(Tue Sep 09, 2014 10:12 am UTC)
Sustainabilizer wrote:
Neil_Boekend wrote:Why is there something rather than nothing?

Because of the Higgs Boson.

[omitted a <spoiler>ed field trip into advanced physics]

Hey, maybe this is enough to summon higgs-boson back to the OTT? And/or Charm Quark?

Ehr.... let's say... there has been some Time dilatation?

(Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:06 am UTC)
katakissa wrote:
higgs-boson wrote:Lets say, Randall will continue 1190 "forever". How long until the forum traffic in this thread will subside to 1 post per hour? How long until less than 10 people are looking for updates on 30m-basis?

YOU'D BE SURPRISED, MON AMI.

Here I am, and indeed, I am.

There is absolutely no way for me to catchup or blitz through the last couple of years ... Anyone care for a summary?

What Greatnesses came of lately, from outside the Outside?
Some of The Elders still here? Or rejoined?
Did finally anyone puzzle out beanie talk?
Has there been, by any chance, anyone crazy enough to finally provide the calendar innocasually mentioned here?foot
How's OTT The Movie coming along?

noteI have some workshop wall-space to cover.
Apostolic Visitator, Holiest of Holy Fun-Havers
You have questions about XKCD: "Time"? There's a whole Wiki dedicated to it!

ucim

Postby ucim » Wed May 08, 2019 2:04 pm UTC

Did something heavy just go by? The closer I look, the less I can be sure.

higgs-boson wrote:Ehr.... let's say... there has been some Time dilatation?
Welcome bag higgs-boson! To the Future!
higgs-boson wrote:There is absolutely no way for me to catchup or blitz through the last couple of years
Heresy! Do you know that we've had not one, but two blitzers who managed the entire Holy Quest in one wip ? Well, ok it was a little smaller then, but not terribly much. Well, ok, it was a lot smaller. Still, it was stunning at the time, and it happened right after somebody said it was no longer possible. I'm sorry, it's the Comfy Chair for you!

Lots has happened, including many Time-After-Time stories, and Time-Before-Time, and Time-Alongside-Time... There's one going on now (several actually, but one is particularly active).

Elders? Yeah, some are still here. Others are having a Long Pint.
Beanie talk? Lots of progress but no final conclusions.
No, the calendar you mention is not extant, but there's a much more Holy one. No Ponytail, but it does feature some of our favorite characters.

balthasar_s wrote: They're eating the passengers' other problem? What was the other problem? It's nice that one problem eats another.
Eating all the passengers does tend to solve their problems.

Nice to see The Moomin here again. For decree: Image

Jose
Order of the Sillies, Honoris Causam - bestowed by charlie_grumbles on NP 859 * OTTscar winner: Wordsmith - bestowed by yappobiscuts and the OTT on NP 1832 * Ecclesiastical Calendar of the Order of the Holy Contradiction * Heartfelt thanks from addams and from me - you really made a difference.

ZoomanSP
Location: Twelve days north of the Othercomic threads, and a few degrees south of complete insanity. (©yappo)

Postby ZoomanSP » Wed May 08, 2019 5:32 pm UTC

New OtherComic.

Welcome forward, higgs-boson!
The post that immediately followed your last post in the OTC prior to todip:

ucim wrote:
higgs-boson wrote:I am buried in the past. Hopelessly. Sigh.
There is no hopeless. You don't have to read it all. But it's nice to know it's all there.

Drop in any time. :)
Wait on.

Spoiler:
Kieryn wrote:They have a culture involving hat wearing. What kind of a collective would come up with such a thing!?

edo

Postby edo » Wed May 08, 2019 5:43 pm UTC

Pfhorrest wrote:turns out the answer is "42", but in binary, and repeated, and with commas between the digits, to form octonions with the structure (1,0,1,0,1,0,1,0). Which then somehow make up life, and the universe, and everything.

That was great up until I realized that the number you have there is 170dec (42 dec = 101010bin, only 6 digits)
Co-proprietor of a Mome and Pope Shope

Pfhorrest

Postby Pfhorrest » Wed May 08, 2019 6:04 pm UTC

edo wrote:
Pfhorrest wrote:turns out the answer is "42", but in binary, and repeated, and with commas between the digits, to form octonions with the structure (1,0,1,0,1,0,1,0). Which then somehow make up life, and the universe, and everything.

That was great up until I realized that the number you have there is 170dec (42 dec = 101010bin, only 6 digits)

That's why I said "and repeated". 42bin repeated is just a string of 10101010101010101010101010101010101010... ad infinitum, which you can then break up into chunks of 8 to make octonions.
Forrest Cameranesi, Geek of All Trades
"I am Sam. Sam I am. I do not like trolls, flames, or spam."
The Codex Quaerendae (my philosophy) - The Chronicles of Quelouva (my fiction)

ucim

Postby ucim » Wed May 08, 2019 6:56 pm UTC

ZoomanSP wrote:New OtherComic.

Welcome forward, higgs-boson!
The post that immediately followed your last post in the OTC prior to todip:

ucim wrote:
higgs-boson wrote:I am buried in the past. Hopelessly. Sigh.
There is no hopeless. You don't have to read it all. But it's nice to know it's all there.

Drop in any time. :)

At first glance, that would seem to contradict my present next post. However, being a Pope communique, it must be a Holy Contradiction! :)

Jose
Order of the Sillies, Honoris Causam - bestowed by charlie_grumbles on NP 859 * OTTscar winner: Wordsmith - bestowed by yappobiscuts and the OTT on NP 1832 * Ecclesiastical Calendar of the Order of the Holy Contradiction * Heartfelt thanks from addams and from me - you really made a difference.

ZoomanSP

Postby ZoomanSP » Thu May 09, 2019 2:05 am UTC

I would have expected nothing less from the Pope of the Order of the Holy Contradiction! :D
Wait on.

Spoiler:

addams

Postby addams » Thu May 09, 2019 3:06 am UTC

ahh...I like this.
I wish it could be this way always.

May: The gentle month.

Here, directly in the Middle, between the North Pole and the Equator, the Rain has stopped.
No more flooding. No more rock and mud slides. No more melting roadways.

May, the gentle month.

Long days of natural light; Time marked by the rhythm of cool Morning Fog and warm Afternoon SunShine.
After the cold, dark, wet treachery of Winter. Before the drought, the heat and the smoke of FireSeason.

May, the gentle month.

I wish it could be this way always.
Spoiler:
If it were this way always there would be bugs and other icky stuff.
The cold protects us from Roaches. I don't want Roches. (sigh...)
Life is, just, an exchange of electrons; It is up to us to give it meaning.

We are all in The Gutter.
Some of us see The Gutter.
Some of us see The Stars.
by mr. Oscar Wilde.

Those that want to Know; Know.
Those that do not Know; Don't tell them.
They do terrible things to people that Tell Them.

moody7277

Postby moody7277 » Thu May 09, 2019 3:40 am UTC

addams wrote:
Spoiler:
The cold protects us from Roaches. I don't want Roches. (sigh...)

Tell me about it. Down here, there are actually nests of those things wild in the ground that scurry when you get the lawnmower near them.

Couple of events I just passed in reviewing the past: edfel's first draft of the Forty's environs, and perhaps the first molpy found.
The story of my life in xkcdmafia:

Tigerlion wrote:Well, I imagine as the game progresses, various people will be getting moody.

BoomFrog wrote:I still have no idea what town moody really looks like.

BlitzGirl
Location: Out of the basement for Yip 6! Schizoblitz: 115/2672 NP

Postby BlitzGirl » Thu May 09, 2019 6:30 am UTC

NotSoRandomONG:

ZoomanSP wrote:
balthasar_s wrote:
Spoiler:
Looks like bags are a topic of this bage page.
It reminded me of something.
When I was in Kindergarden,
once we played a game.
There was a hypothetical situation about going to somewhere.
But I don't remember now what place and which circumstances.
Anyway they changed in each round IIRC.
We had to tell what we would take into a bag with us.
I told that I would put another bag in the bag.
Everyone was like no what are you doing you can't you don't understand the game and so on...
But I thought
Why not take a bag into the bag?
Obviously we will need more bags there.

Redundabags!

So that's where all the redundakitties are hiding...
Anyway, I'm with you, bagthabalthasar. Redundabags are extremely useful. I've packed bags inside bags before.

lmjb1964 wrote:Now if you'll excuse me, it's time to go bag to the trenches.
ucim wrote:Welcome bag higgs-boson! To the Future!

VITSSÅGEN, JA!

higgs-boson wrote:Hello, you. How have y'all been?

Hello to you too! Welcome forward! Image
Just been otting about as usual in here. Time flies when you're sawing puns.

The Moomin wrote:Have you considered that you've been friends since Time began?

Yes, and still friends in the time after Time! Lovely sentiment. And it's nice to see you in this needle-pulled thing again!

For decree: Image
Knight Temporal of the One True Comic
BlitzGirl the Pink, Mopey Molpy Mome
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

higgs-boson

Postby higgs-boson » Thu May 09, 2019 7:29 am UTC

ucim wrote:Welcome bag higgs-boson! To the Future!
higgs-boson wrote:There is absolutely no way for me to catchup or blitz through the last couple of years
Heresy! Do you know that we've had not one, but two blitzers who managed the entire Holy Quest in one wip ? Well, ok it was a little smaller then, but not terribly much. Well, ok, it was a lot smaller. Still, it was stunning at the time, and it happened right after somebody said it was no longer possible. I'm sorry, it's the Comfy Chair for you!

Lots has happened, including many Time-After-Time stories, and Time-Before-Time, and Time-Alongside-Time... There's one going on now (several actually, but one is particularly active).

A known face! Hah! And teasing as hwell.

I just nanoblitzed the last few page pope reigns - and covered a good amount of Outside time. Comforting - it means one can possibly blitz through more OTT history per Outside day than new history is created in the same amount of time and still get some sleep.

Yet, I am still undecided. I'll check secondary literature, first.

ZoomanSP wrote:I would have expected nothing less from the Pope of the Order of the Holy Contradiction! :D

I cannot deal with contradictions. Really, I can.I'm ready, Master

BlitzGirl wrote:Hello to you too! Welcome forward! Image

Oh my, you - really unexpected (since your profile-linked Outsite lacked updates for years. And yes, I checked)!
And still in the pun-ishment business?! Good to know that you still have each other's bags.now...

I had some interesting Outside times, like kid on school, finally settled in somewhere (hence the empty workshop walls in need of Calendars). Job still keeps me buried, dunno why earning money still needs Time, this capitalism thing isn't working at top splendidness for me, yet ("wait for it" would be a great concept there)how.

I'm not ready!Looks like the footnote business has been let down.12
thiswhere did this bagslashery come from? This is some rather new stuff, isn't it?
everAt least I could publish my tax returns without having to feel ashamed of anything.so much has changed
Apostolic Visitator, Holiest of Holy Fun-Havers
You have questions about XKCD: "Time"? There's a whole Wiki dedicated to it!

ZoomanSP

Postby ZoomanSP » Thu May 09, 2019 12:46 pm UTC

TIL that there is a beetle genus named Eumolpus. Surely that name is derived from Greek and OTTish, thereby showing some good molpish redundacy.
Wait on.

Spoiler:

SilentTimer

Postby SilentTimer » Thu May 09, 2019 1:40 pm UTC

ZoomanSP wrote:TIL that there is a beetle genus named Eumolpus. Surely that name is derived from Greek and OTTish, thereby showing some good molpish redundacy.

Molpish! And Greek “eu” means “beautiful”, so it means “beautiful molpy”. :) Well-fitting.

For decree: The next ONG will deliver stick figures.
Image Did you like 1190: Time?
Then you will like its sequel: t1i. [Discussion] [Making Of]
ucim wrote:I consider it to be canon.

503? Images don't work? Other mustard? Visit the ЯOЯЯIM!

Randalspeed to Rakhal, thunk, and all Blitzers!

taixzo

Postby taixzo » Thu May 09, 2019 1:46 pm UTC

SilentTimer wrote:
ZoomanSP wrote:TIL that there is a beetle genus named Eumolpus. Surely that name is derived from Greek and OTTish, thereby showing some good molpish redundacy.

Molpish! And Greek “eu” means “beautiful”, so it means “beautiful molpy”. :) Well-fitting.

For decree: The next ONG will deliver stick figures.

It really is a beautiful beetle, too. Look at that iridescence!
BlitzGirl the Next
BlitzGirl the Fast
Knight Temporal
Bringer of the Light

Useless utilities: Newpix clock for Mac OS X, Newpix clock for Ubuntu

Sandgarden - a relaxing experience for Time Waiters

Best wishes to GnomeAnne, ColletArrow and january1may! One day you will all join me in the Present!

NoMouse

Postby NoMouse » Thu May 09, 2019 6:57 pm UTC

Um, I don't know what to say...

Sorry for breaking phys with my silly questions? :oops: I hope the story will get back on track. :mrgreen:

Anyway, I think it's now pretty clear, why phys' newpix is half a week long.

ETA: Per decree:

Code: Select all

O_o
 |
-+-
 |
/ \
Time. The final frontier. These are the voyages of Cueball and Megan. Its continuing mission: to explore strange new worlds, to seek out new life and new civilizations, to boldly go where no one has gone before.

moody7277

Postby moody7277 » Thu May 09, 2019 7:05 pm UTC

Monty Python in the 133rd century. Amazing.
The story of my life in xkcdmafia:

Tigerlion wrote:Well, I imagine as the game progresses, various people will be getting moody.

BoomFrog wrote:I still have no idea what town moody really looks like.

balthasar_s

Postby balthasar_s » Thu May 09, 2019 10:02 pm UTC

NoMouse wrote:Um, I don't know what to say...

Spoiler:

Sorry for breaking phys with my silly questions? :oops: I hope the story will get back on track. :mrgreen:

Also look at this:
Check the second link, About the airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow!
BSTA

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Fri May 10, 2019 3:10 am UTC

NoMouse: that's not breaking the newtONGs, that's enhancing them!

higgs-boson wrote:
BlitzGirl wrote:Hello to you too! Welcome forward! Image

Oh my, you - really unexpected (since your profile-linked Outsite lacked updates for years. And yes, I checked)!

Aw, that's nice of you. I basically gave up blagging once I moved away from the city by the Sea, which was quite a long Time ago. I transferred most of the energy I spent on the blag into looking for a food-funding source. And as molpish as a blag was, it was kind of lonely there. I like online communities better.

higgs-boson wrote:And still in the pun-ishment business?! Good to know that you still have each other's bags.now...

thiswhere did this bagslashery come from? This is some rather new stuff, isn't it?

The baggery in general has been an intermittent problem ever since the Bag Incident of Newpage 467. But in the olden pages there was no punsaw to stop the punning, so no bagslashery. Now the vitssågen can deal with bag puns, ja!

For decree, stick-figure Cuegan are closely synchrONGizing their strides:
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

ZoomanSP

Postby ZoomanSP » Fri May 10, 2019 6:38 pm UTC

Wait on.

Spoiler:

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Sat May 11, 2019 12:51 am UTC

I spy what look like Cueganites in the last couple Othercomic panels...
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

ucim

Postby ucim » Sat May 11, 2019 2:40 am UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:I spy what look like Cueganites in the last couple Othercomic panels...
Maybe they're not Cuganites, but the people who run the IKEA they all seem to depend on. They stock the store by snagging rockets as they keep trying to build the Space Station, and that's why it has taken so many thousands of yips that even the moon has given up on them.

Jose

SilentTimer

Re: 1190: Time for BSTA

Postby SilentTimer » Sat May 11, 2019 8:48 pm UTC

CONGtinuing ...
Continue looking

You find a door.

Servers

This doesn't seem like the place to find food.
But you're interested anyway.

Me too.
Will we see some <computery stuff> on the Moon?
I guess we have to
Spoiler:
wait for it.
Image Did you like 1190: Time?
Then you will like its sequel: t1i. [Discussion] [Making Of]
ucim wrote:I consider it to be canon.

503? Images don't work? Other mustard? Visit the ЯOЯЯIM!

Randalspeed to Rakhal, thunk, and all Blitzers!

lmjb1964

Re: 1190: Time THERE'S NO CRYING IN THE BLUECAVE

Postby lmjb1964 » Sat May 11, 2019 11:51 pm UTC

SilentTimer wrote:CONGtinuing ...
Continue looking

You find a door.

Servers

Of courses, the word "servers" can also be used for waiters, so maybe that door leads to a whole room of people waiting to serve someone food.

Hi, higgs-boson! So molpish to see so many OTTers stopping by.

I'm glad to know that people will still be quoting Monty Python 10,000 yips in the future, much to GLR's chagrin.

Imagesmiley by yappo

bot by balthasar_s

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Sun May 12, 2019 2:56 am UTC

ucim wrote:
BlitzGirl wrote:I spy what look like Cueganites in the last couple Othercomic panels...

Maybe they're not Cuganites, but the people who run the IKEA they all seem to depend on. They stock the store by snagging rockets as they keep trying to build the Space Station, and that's why it has taken so many thousands of yips that even the moon has given up on them.

Hopefully they managed to get at least one rocket working before the Zanclean incident. A flood in an IKEA sounds chaotic.
Maybe it would look something like OTTercomic 735...
Spoiler:
lmjb1964 wrote:
Servers

Of courses, the word "servers" can also be used for waiters, so maybe that door leads to a whole room of people waiting to serve someone food.

And the word "waiters" can also be used for OTTers, so maybe that door leads back to us.

For decree, stick figure action that just happened in the OTTreplay:

Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

mscha

1190: "Time" - Time Randomly Revisited - np1813

Postby mscha » Sun May 12, 2019 3:00 am UTC

STRONGLEHOLDS...
Spoiler:
Wait for it.
(Colorization by ggh.)

OTT Time Travel

AUTOMOME wrote:EE:EE:EEING IS A ART

-- posted by randompixbot

balthasar_s

Postby balthasar_s » Sun May 12, 2019 6:54 am UTC

lmjb1964 wrote:Of courses, the word "servers" can also be used for waiters, so maybe that door leads to a whole room of people waiting to serve someone food.
only in English.
BSTA

ucim

Postby ucim » Sun May 12, 2019 4:29 pm UTC

lmjb1964 wrote:maybe that door leads to a whole room of people waiting to serve someone food.
Or to serve someone as food.

Jose

lmjb1964

Postby lmjb1964 » Mon May 13, 2019 4:45 am UTC

balthasar_s wrote:
lmjb1964 wrote:Of courses, the word "servers" can also be used for waiters, so maybe that door leads to a whole room of people waiting to serve someone food.
only in English.

I did think about making that qualification, but then I didn't. I still like the idea that they'll open up they door and there will be a bunch of waiters serving appetizers. Of course, I don't expect that to happen, anymore than they'll work zombies and raptors into the phys story. But hey, you never know!

Imagesmiley by yappo

bot by balthasar_s

balthasar_s

Postby balthasar_s » Mon May 13, 2019 6:06 am UTC

lmjb1964 wrote:I still like the idea that they'll open up they door and there will be a bunch of waiters serving appetizers. Of course, I don't expect that to happen, anymore than they'll work zombies and raptors into the phys story. But hey, you never know!
Zombie waiters using physics to predict the path of a raptor through the server room to catch it and prepare a nice raptor meal.
Also, phys 93 tells us there are no stupid questions:
Spoiler:
Wait for it.

what is light? what is heavy? : )
BSTA

ZoomanSP

Postby ZoomanSP » Mon May 13, 2019 2:26 pm UTC

balthasar_s wrote:what is light? what is heavy? : )
Spoiler:
RSIR:
Spoiler:
tinydonut.png
tinydonut.png (275.43 KiB) Viewed 12726 times

ETA: New OtherComic.
Spoiler:
Seems unrealistic to me. Under which circumstances would people want to wear such ridiculous hats?
Wait on.

Spoiler:

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Tue May 14, 2019 5:22 am UTC

Molpish handling of the light donutting, Zooman. :)

ZoomanSP wrote:New OtherComic.
Spoiler:
Seems unrealistic to me. Under which circumstances would people want to wear such ridiculous hats?

If the Othercomic shows 500 levels in, what's a good estimate of the OTT's level? Our haberdashers are far more technologically advanced.

For decree, stick-figure Megan examUNGing a piece of the shrub:
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

ZoomanSP

Postby ZoomanSP » Wed May 15, 2019 2:47 pm UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:Molpish handling of the light donutting, Zooman. :)

Thanks! And remember, donUt confuse light donutting with lightning donuts:

RSIR:
Spoiler:
Flash-Red-Velvet-Donuts.jpg
ETA: New OtherComic.
Wait on.

Spoiler:

BlitzGirl

a stick figure. (For decree.)

Postby BlitzGirl » Thu May 16, 2019 6:41 am UTC

Ooo, I do like those donuts!

ZoomanSP wrote:ETA: New OtherComic.

I foresee many issues with this leopard, including the fact that one of the most useful pieces is missing. Image
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

lmjb1964

Re: 0094 Physics – Relocate Your Ch*rping Zombies And Raptors! Relocate Them!

Postby lmjb1964 » Thu May 16, 2019 10:01 am UTC

HOW RAPTORCATTISH IS IT, REALLY, TO KETCHUP IN A BASEMENT DURONG A CUSTARDFLOOD? -- ongomome
Spoiler:
Wait for it.

-- posted by lmjbot

Return to “Individual XKCD Comic Threads”