Sleep-time holodeck experiences

Things that don't belong anywhere else. (Check first).

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

Ubercomrade

Re: What were your dreams last night?

Postby Ubercomrade » Wed Jan 09, 2008 2:45 am UTC

Whenever I look in a mirror in my dream, I see something weird about myself. (Once I shoved my fist in my mouth and wiggled my fingers out of my ear.) And this happens quite often, too. (Like tonight.) It's funny, the first thought that comes when I think about it, is that it should allow me to lucid-dream more often; realistically, however, when I see weird things in a mirror, lucid-dreaming is the last thing on my mind.

taptap
I laughed so hard i fell out of my concubine

Postby taptap » Wed Jan 09, 2008 5:10 am UTC

I had a dream where my friend Catherine ran through the house, jumped up onto the toilet, flushed it, and fell in and got flushed away... you could hear it meowing all thruout the pipelines of the house. me and my girlfriend (who hates cats, BTW, LOL) tried frantically to dig up pipes in the yard to get it back, but to no avail. It was gone.

That was kinda sad.

ALSO: the clock struck "cinnamon"

Davean wrote:Only the bots can see the entire forum the mods have dedicated to bashing taptap for asking questions with obvious answers. It should look good when his next interviewer Googles him before the interview.

xooll

Postby xooll » Wed Jan 09, 2008 5:29 am UTC

taptap wrote:ALSO: the clock struck "cinnamon"

That... is really cool.
So, I got tired of the fact that the appearance of my band name in my signature made my posts on this forum the dominant result when googling for my music. Anyway, if you think I might happen to be a good musician, you can test this theory here.

ThorFluff
Ursus Onanis

Postby ThorFluff » Wed Jan 09, 2008 6:51 am UTC

i kept dreaming that over and over again...
damnit i can't stop thinking of how awesome "The clock struck Cinnemon" is, anyway.
last night i dreamt i fought a troll, over and over and over and over again. Untill we both just quit fighting and i made some tea instead.
EsotericWombat wrote:You're... calling the Rolling Stones emo.

It might take a while to gather the lynch mob. no one really planned against this eventuality.

krynd wrote:That'd make an awesome sig. Unfortunately, I'm sure self-sigging isn't allowed...

Savoy_Truffle

Postby Savoy_Truffle » Wed Jan 09, 2008 7:29 am UTC

Is it weird that I had a dream about going through this weird mole-from-The-Wind-in-the-Willows underground house and it ended up belonging to my favorite TA, and we had tea and discussed musicology?

I love dreams like those ^^x
Lux, Calida, Gravis que Pura velut aurum et canunt angeli moliter modo natum.

Torvaun

Postby Torvaun » Fri Jan 11, 2008 5:27 pm UTC

As it turns out, my subconscious is a malevolent entity that enjoys shaping my dreams for the purpose of using bad puns from pop culture.

In my dream, I was a wolf. There was this other wolf, and for some reason I was trying to get him to tell me his name. He wouldn't, so I had to guess at it. Using all the power of dream logic, I guess that his name is "Wolf". He says "You're close." He doesn't actually say it like that, though, he says it in Spanish (note, I don't know how to say "You're close" in Spanish, but in my dream, it made sense). So I ask "Is it Lupus?" He says "It's never Lupus." At this point I woke up, and cursed at my brain.
Hawknc wrote:I don't know if you've never heard of trolling, or if you're just very good at it.

i like pi

Postby i like pi » Fri Jan 11, 2008 5:31 pm UTC

My dream is my reality, and my reality is a nighmare.... I care not to explain that at this time.
Or something to that effect. Hell, I don't know.

ZeroSum
Cooler than Jeff

Postby ZeroSum » Fri Jan 11, 2008 5:34 pm UTC

Torvaun wrote:"It's never Lupus."
It was, once.

Kithplana

Postby Kithplana » Fri Jan 11, 2008 6:32 pm UTC

I dreamed I was in a group of people, which contained one vampire. She was tall and dressed in black, where everyone else dressed in... I dunno, pastels or something. I knew she was a vampire, she knew I knew she was a vampire, and she knew I knew she was going to attack someone in the group... but I have a dagger with which I will stab her if she does anything. Which she knows.

So she does attack someone when I'm not looking, but when she's not looking I stab her. She dies, and I proceed to act all distraught over the fat guy who got attacked, except I know that it's all an act, a play, so I'm not really distraught and I know he'll live anyway because, hey, this is just a story and he'll miraculously survive despite the odds. Until someone tells me that this is a tragedy and the fat guy won't necessarily survive.

I really need to not watch CSI.

i like pi

Postby i like pi » Fri Jan 11, 2008 8:02 pm UTC

i like pi wrote:My dream is my reality, and my reality is a nighmare.... I care not to explain that at this time.

I'm thinking of writing a poem based on them, but for now I'm in the stages of trying to understand the dreams myself... Unlike most of you XKCDers (as far as I know) are able to explain dreams logically.
Or something to that effect. Hell, I don't know.

Rethius

Postby Rethius » Fri Jan 11, 2008 8:41 pm UTC

I had a dream that the oceans had kind of frozen over a bit. Just a shelf of ice extending maybe a mile. People had invented a new sport, which consisted of getting into this weird motorhome/boat/ice breaker thing and driving out to the edge of this shelf of ice, then waiting for the ice to break. The weird vehicle would fall into the water and float, and then you'd break your way out of this shelf of ice and go tool around in the ocean for a while.

So I'm in this motorboat with my family, and there's got to be a hundred other motorboats all around us, everybody waiting for the ice to crack. The inside of this thing looked like a typical motor home - crappy card table and furniture, old school TV blaring in the corner. My family and I are playing cards, when we hear the sound of this motor really straining. We looked out the window and there was this Jeep furiously trying to reverse itself off of this sheet of ice, but they couldn't get traction and were kind of spinning in circles. Immediately everybody in their motor boats started trying to cheer him on, because if he fell through the ice he was a goner.

The ice cracked, and his jeep went under. I immediately kicked open the door and started running across the ice to try and see if I could pull him out, but before I got anywhere near him the ice started to break up, so I had to stop and run back to my motor home. I'm pretty sure he drowned in his jeep.

Weird dream, eh?

Mighty Jalapeno
Inne Juste 7 Dayes I Wille Make You A Hero!

Postby Mighty Jalapeno » Fri Jan 11, 2008 9:01 pm UTC

ZeroSum wrote:
Torvaun wrote:"It's never Lupus."
It was, once.

That was the name of my Diablo II Werewolf... "ImNotLupus"

Berengal
Superabacus Mystic of the First Rank

Postby Berengal » Sat Jan 12, 2008 7:55 am UTC

I just woke up from one of the most horrible non-nightmares I've ever had. By that I mean the dream itself wasn't so bad, but in the seconds between I woke up and my brain had swapped dream and reality, I was really afraid.

I don't remember how it started, but the beginning of what I do remember was thus:
This happened in my neighbourhood. I live in a somewhat Deliverance country place, with just 100 houses and 500 people in a valley. The first thing I remember is being almost at the bottom of the valley, during night (but I could see perfectly), and had an ominous feeling. At first there were other entities, but exactly what these were I don't know. Oh, wait, it was a werewolf, who started out in wolf form and attacked something I could only think of as humans. Anyway, this part replayed over and over again, but I didn't have the feeling of not getting anywhere (At this point it was winter). This sometimes happens in my dreams, and I think I do it semi-conciously, just to see what I could do different (I have the scientist nature, and like to experiment). Anyway, after a few redos, some involving a wererat (which looked like a molerat from fallout, although I just noticed that right now), I started to run past the whole thing to get further along. The werewolf was running beside me in the forest, out of sight, but I could clearly hear his footsteps. At this point he was more of a wolf than a werewolf anyway. Anyway, running fast, jumping high to cross fences, and finally I entered a cluster of houses just where my valley meets a bigger valley. The geography was somewhat similar, but even so rather dissimilar at the same time, I should mention, but it all felt familiar, and I knew where I was going, except I don't know where I was going. Anyway, something happened, and I redid this once more, except without the wolf part (I had forgotten about him), only to find myself play-sneaking around houses. It was still night, (4am), but the sun was up and everything was bright, just like it normally is in summer, except it isn't but I didn't care about that in my dream. Anyway, after sneaking around houses full of sleeping people for a very short while, I entered one, explored a little, and woke someone up. I raced down the stairs silently, this time in real sneak/flee mode, and once outside I started doing the weirdest parkour shit I've ever done, and it felt great, except I couldn't really feel anything since it was a dream. Among other things I jumped from a building positioned on top of a hill, across a road and sailed over the house below the road I was aiming for, landing on the same road, but this time it had shifted so to also be on the other side/below the second house. A simple skydiver-roll saved me cleanly and I continued to run with super speed. Eventually I tried hiding, but got caught by a lady in her 50's, who complained about her back problems and how I shouldn't go waking her up. I pretended to be asleep, and when I finally "woke up", after roundhouse kicking her in the face, I explained how I was a great sleepwalker, as my mother could explain. For just a short moment the night-which-was-day turned twilight, with a great big yellow moon you could only see if you looked at it through the corner of your eyes. Anyway, my whole family showed up, right on que, to explain to the lady that I was indeed a sleepwalker, and that I had once had a conversation with my mom for over an hour while asleep (true story, except very exagerated. It was more like 5 minutes, and she did most of the talking). Anyway, now it was morning and my family and I were going skiing (as we are today, in fact). However, and this is the horrible part, I just noticed all my running (without the snowboard) had ruined the snowboard. My running was the reason, and I knew this, but I also knew that nobody could prove the fact, so I tried to get the people who sold it to me to give me a new one. Exactly why they turned up at the scene I don't know, but whatever. Anyway, I remember looking at my snowboard, wondering what was broken, and then noticing two screws sticking out on the underside. I touched the screwes, and the tip came off, just hanging there. That was when I woke up and went "Shit! My snowboard! I never should have used it!".
It is practically impossible to teach good programming to students who are motivated by money: As potential programmers they are mentally mutilated beyond hope of regeneration.

Mighty Jalapeno
Inne Juste 7 Dayes I Wille Make You A Hero!

Postby Mighty Jalapeno » Sat Jan 12, 2008 3:32 pm UTC

Not sure if I can top that, but basically my DREAM was the original concept and cut for Alien3, IE, with the chestburster impregnating a bull, and the alien being a huge quadrapedal beast with a spiked head like a styracosaurus. It was a two hour dream, complete with my brain making up the parts of the movie that got cut out, more about the history of the Fury prison colony, and some really sweet CGI shots of the alien charging down corridors and eating people.

If you don't make the movie, my brain will make it for me.

Quadropus

Postby Quadropus » Sat Jan 12, 2008 3:47 pm UTC

All I can remember was something about one of my teeth being cracked and how much it hurt...
I woke up and saw myself in the mirror with my hair looking crazy and immediately check to see if my tooth was ok. It was.
Then I went back to sleep.

edit: I remember having a dream last week sometime where I was a Spartan [from Halo 2] and how I was having a plasma sword fight with a spec op's elite.
Is is healthy to dream about things related to video games? I say, no.
opinions?

"If I go insane, please don't put your wires in my brain"

litework

Postby litework » Sat Jan 12, 2008 3:49 pm UTC

Dammit! By the time I've gotten around to this thread I've also gotten around to forgetting what it was I dreamed.

Side note: dreaming is awesome and I wish I could do it 24h/day.
Question Without Fear

Berengal
Superabacus Mystic of the First Rank

Postby Berengal » Sat Jan 12, 2008 5:36 pm UTC

Quadropus wrote:edit: I remember having a dream last week sometime where I was a Spartan [from Halo 2] and how I was having a plasma sword fight with a spec op's elite.
Is is healthy to dream about things related to video games? I say, no.
opinions?

I once dreamt in python. It was one of the weirdest trips I've ever had. When I woke up I had forgotten I had a body, and when I found out I had forgotten how to use it. I spent more than a minute in bed, trying to move, starting with "def move(appendage):". (That one got me nowhere).
It is practically impossible to teach good programming to students who are motivated by money: As potential programmers they are mentally mutilated beyond hope of regeneration.

litework

Postby litework » Sat Jan 12, 2008 7:09 pm UTC

Quadropus wrote:Is is healthy to dream about things related to video games? I say, no.
opinions?

I don't know if it's healthy or not, but whenever I'm in the midst of a bout of serious gaming of any sort, EVERYTHING in my life seems to have some relation to the game in question, dreams included.
Question Without Fear

Quadropus

Postby Quadropus » Sat Jan 12, 2008 8:00 pm UTC

litework wrote:
Quadropus wrote:Is is healthy to dream about things related to video games? I say, no.
opinions?

I don't know if it's healthy or not, but whenever I'm in the midst of a bout of serious gaming of any sort, EVERYTHING in my life seems to have some relation to the game in question, dreams included.

Hmm, me too. I'll choose to think nothing of it.... i told my friend who doesn't play any video games and he said that I was a geek. Screw him, he doesn't know the joys of the xbox...

PeSpeS

Postby PeSpeS » Sat Jan 12, 2008 10:52 pm UTC

In one of my dreams I was having a normal dinner with my family when all of a sudden the Death came for us. The typical Grim Reaper with black hood and the scythe. There was a bit of a fight but the Reaper managed to tie my family to the chairs. Now the Reaper wa coming for me and I didn't know what to do, so I turned myself into a photon and flew away. And as I was speedeing through the universe, the other photons told me how to defeat the Death. So I came back home and cast antimatter at him and annihilated him.

All I could think of when I woke up was "Wow, I must've experienced some serious relativistic effects!"

Dingbats

Postby Dingbats » Sun Jan 13, 2008 3:19 pm UTC

I dreamed this night that I had a girlfriend. We were both little balls in a curved tube, and then we slipped out of it, we were human, and she became my girlfriend and I her boyfriend, and we kind of both just sensed it. I was kind of half-way in love with her, wanting to love her fully, but not being able to. And I couldn't kiss her properly, it just turned out stiff and awkward.

It was all kind of nice, but quite... awkward.

TizzyFoe

Postby TizzyFoe » Sun Jan 13, 2008 5:04 pm UTC

I dreamed that a few friends and i were exploring some old building. It might have been abandoned or we were just trespassing. I was looking through a desk and found a hand full of cool stuff: one of those pliers/multitool, a flask, some strange magnet device, and a few other things. The next thing i knew we've all be captured by some guerrilla war tribe. They held us over night then decided to release us, but i wanted my cool loot back. The cool magnet device (I feel like it had an interesting purpose in the dream but i can't remember it. In the dream it was defiantly the coolest of the things i found.) was pretty fragile and had gotten broken when we were captured. They say if i can fix it in 60 seconds i can keep it, and they will give me the flask, but they are keeping everything else.

Freud would be no match for my dreams.
"My folks were always on me to groom myself and wear underpants. What am I, the pope?"
"But existing is basically all I do!"

timt

Postby timt » Sun Jan 13, 2008 5:31 pm UTC

I just realized i've never had a dream that had sound in it. Also most of these dreams seem fairly linear, when i dream random shit happens everywhere and the storyline changes every 10 seconds or so.

wing
the /b/slayer

Postby wing » Sun Jan 13, 2008 5:41 pm UTC

When I'm on the edge of consciousness laying in bed every morning trying to convince myself to get up, I've been having some interesting dreams/hallucinations lately. This morning, I rolled over in bed and there she was, laying there with me. We kissed, and she got up, I got a nice eyefull of delicious pantybooty as she walked out the door and into the bathroom. I could hear the shower running. And then I actually got up (for realz) and the sound of the shower stopped.

Just to make sure, I doublechecked the bathroom, haha.

For those of you who don't know, she was due to come visit me on Friday but we decided to do it at the LAST POSSIBLE MINUTE and she worked late the day we were gonna book the tickets (she had to ask off work for the week, so we hadn't yet booked) and by the time she got home, the ticket price had climbed WELL out of the realm of affordability and was bordering on "Astronomical insanity". There was still a flight that connected through San Francisco, but she's somewhat of a travel n00b and gets VERY, VERY nervous about things she's never done before - like connecting flights. Like, nervous to the point that she would have worried herself sick from the moment we made the booking to the moment she left San Francisco on the correct aircraft. 2 weeks is entirely too long for something like that to go on, so we ceded our desires to her fears.

It's something we work on.
I AM A SEXY, SHOELESS GOD OF WAR!
Akula wrote:Our team has turned into this hate-fueled juggernaut of profit. It's goddamn wonderful.

@trophy

Postby @trophy » Sun Jan 13, 2008 6:51 pm UTC

Two peculiar things about my dreams are that they're cut like movies... like I've had transitions like dissolves and wipes in them before, and that they can cover a LOT of material. I've had two weeks worth of memories before that ended up being a single dream. I knew that dreams weren't real-time before, but I've never heard of this phenomenon in anyone else, so if you do it to please let me know.

Anyways last night I dreamed that I had a legal pad which was possessed or something, not unlike Tom Riddle's diary I guess. So I would write a line, and it would write a line in response. It's attitude was mocking, kind of like GLaDoS, and it was pure evil. It ended up giving me instructions on how to release it from its legal pad prison, which I followed, and its last entry was like "You cannot possibly imagine the damage you have just caused..."

Pretty freaky. I blame the NyQuil.
Insignificant Deification wrote:Because, sometimes, you've gotta have a taste of vulva

Number3Pencils
The Torment of Existence Weighed against the Horror of Nonbeing

Postby Number3Pencils » Sun Jan 13, 2008 7:47 pm UTC

This one I guess was not so particularly sensational, but still interesting.

My mom was taking my little brother (M.) and me to go shopping, but she'd forgotten her credit card at her parents' house for some reason. So we stopped at an off-ramp kind of place and she said she'd wait there while M. and I went and retrieved it. We both rode off toward Grandma & Grandpa's house. After a while, I realized that I was in the back and M. was in shotgun, and no one was driving. We sure had been lucky so far in avoiding accidents! I quickly jumped into the driver's seat, but when I started driving, I kept getting the car's straps tangled up in overhead fixtures like signs. These were handle-type straps like on a laptop carrying bag. Every time I got caught, the car would stop and then start swinging from the straps, and I would have to get out and untangle it. Eventually, we made it to a Walgreens, and Mom was somehow there. She remarked that it was pretty chilly out, and then we left.
I had a follow-up dream that involved ninjas, but now I don't remember anything but the ninjas.
Spoiler:

El Senor Fruit Swing

Postby El Senor Fruit Swing » Wed Jan 16, 2008 1:29 pm UTC

My dream: Was running away from bikers, trying to get back to the base (was a jet fighter piliot) and right before I woke up. A co-worker appeared.. and.we er.. " got freaky"

I'm confused as to what the dream means
Raiku wrote: Oh, I 'Falcon Punched' a tree for the hell of it, and it's still quite bloody...

ThorFluff
Ursus Onanis

Postby ThorFluff » Wed Jan 16, 2008 2:57 pm UTC

I have ths old dream i remember. It was wierd to the max :P

I'm racing against my best friend down a hill on a curving road, We both have BTCC cars and i know it's him cos his name is glowing in green above his car.
I go crashing over an edge, i bail out and use my parachute to land safely. And i landed by the northen bridge of Thais, and there was this half naked bald psycho out to kill me. I tossed him over the side of the bridge, he landed on a suspended chain and died. Then i meat two girls from my Class, and they say "Oh i'm so glad you're ok! good thing you were wearing your floating devices and helmet!" and suddenly i'm wearing a lifejacket and a helmet.
This is when it gets really weird.
I log out of the game, which was reality, and i say good night to Marie on MSN and my dad yells at me for staying up till 2am again.
So i go to bed, in my dream.

When i woke up the next morning i was utterly confused about what happend last night, as i remember it as though it weren't a dream at all, but yesterday. Logic however ruled it out.
I play to many games, Tibia included for the vigilant.
EsotericWombat wrote:You're... calling the Rolling Stones emo.

It might take a while to gather the lynch mob. no one really planned against this eventuality.

krynd wrote:That'd make an awesome sig. Unfortunately, I'm sure self-sigging isn't allowed...

Pirate.Bondage

Postby Pirate.Bondage » Wed Jan 16, 2008 3:04 pm UTC

Last night I had a dream that my brother's girlfriend told me Mom smoked pot. All the time.

I didn't remember it was a dream until like 7:30 this morning.
Life is beautiful.
Spoiler:
Irrefutable wrote:you are so lovely

emceng wrote:Then the sausage says, "I have 1 kid, and raging genital herpes." Get the fuck away from me sausage!!!

sje46 wrote:Do... do you want to marry me?

Manial

Postby Manial » Wed Jan 16, 2008 5:02 pm UTC

I had a bizarre, creepy nightmare last night... which actually isn't that weird considering I saw I Am Legend and Resident Evil: Extinction in the last few days, but anyway:

I was in my house and find that there are a few of my friends living here as well, but no sign of my family (or at least I think they were my friends, I can't remember anything about them except for their presence). For some reason everyone, myself included, is terrified all the time. So I go outside and find that: 1. It's the middle of the night and 2. My next door neighbour is a zombie- he's all blue-gray, walking stiffly and he's putting out the trash (Well otherwise they'd miss trash day, right? :? ).

At this point I'm freaking out because there's a zombie less than 5 metres away, so I pretend to be a zombie too (I just kinda shuffled to the sidewalk). I look at the park across the road and see a zombie family hanging around, complete with children on the swings. Then I realise that everyone, apart from me and my friends are zombies.

I shuffle back into the house to see that my friends are standing near the doorway frantically trying to get me back inside without attracting the attention of the zombies. After that I go around checking that all the blinds are shut, then someone tells me that I shouldn't have gone outside as we'd been living there for weeks trying not to make a noise and now we'd have to leave during the day to find another empty house. Then, thankfully, I woke up.

angel_jean

Postby angel_jean » Wed Jan 16, 2008 9:57 pm UTC

@trophy wrote:Two peculiar things about my dreams are that they're cut like movies... like I've had transitions like dissolves and wipes in them before, and that they can cover a LOT of material. I've had two weeks worth of memories before that ended up being a single dream. I knew that dreams weren't real-time before, but I've never heard of this phenomenon in anyone else, so if you do it to please let me know.

I used to get this. Whole sequences of events, "remembering" that something had occured earlier in the sequence as being long ago, etc. (Along with very vivid, lucid dreams.) Then I started getting extreme fatigue. I had a sleep study that found I was waking 16 times an hour (at least that's what I think the report meant, I can't be sure).

There's a theory that you only remember dreams when you wake. So it's possible that you're waking many times, remembering a dream each time, and committing it to some kind of memory timescale. I dunno.

I took care of my dust mite allergy and sleep much better now (I think I was getting a blocked nose). And I have only about two dreams a night now, and don't remember them as well, I can't remember last night's.

Edit: Oh, yeah, I remember now! I was driving around someplace with a passenger in the car, except that when we neared my work, I realised we were both in the back seat and I was struggling to reach the pedals with my feet. I've had this dream quite a few times, but this time, we actually came to a traffic intersection and were supposed to stop. I pressed the brakes as hard as I could, but we'd already crashed into a car which had crashed into a bus, and the bus had somehow collided with two buses on either side of it so all three lanes were having a traffic accident caused by me. I was embarrassed, to say the least, and then I thought about it, and I was surprised we'd made it this far.

Last night I also dreamed about being in the Emergency department (irl I work in a hospital as a doctor, but have never worked in Emergency yet) and having an ambulance bring a girl in completely frozen. She was covered in ice. I believe it was a protective measure because she had sustained some kind of burn. (Background: I have, in real life, seen a person's blood cooled down to 30 degrees to cool their brain down for a delicate operation. This was my dream extension.) It was then my job to first put a plastic bag over her frozen hand, and then put another plastic bag over it containing water, to slowly thaw her hand. But each time the bag turned into a glove and where I had to touch her fingers, she winced. One time I scraped one of her fingers which had been burned. Later she woke up and was walking around, and all of the water had drained out of my glove sandwich. And then I was left to clean up the area, and couldn't find the roll of paper towel. Looking back on it I was more scared of hurting her than grossed-out, but maybe that comes with my profession.

I think there may have been another dream there involving work schedules (a current preoccupation of mine) but I can't remember it.
Last edited by angel_jean on Wed Jan 16, 2008 10:10 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.
the angel Jean - Smith's little elf
http://theangeljean.blogspot.com

For those who like to MUD: http://www.deadofnight.org

Fat Tony

Postby Fat Tony » Wed Jan 16, 2008 9:58 pm UTC

...What's this thread rated?
Wanna hear the truth? Life is downright ok.

SecondTalon
SexyTalon

Postby SecondTalon » Wed Jan 16, 2008 10:07 pm UTC

Cheetos.

If it's pornographic or something, spoiler it. I guess.
heuristically_alone wrote:I want to write a DnD campaign and play it by myself and DM it myself.
heuristically_alone wrote:I have been informed that this is called writing a book.

Fat Tony

Postby Fat Tony » Wed Jan 16, 2008 10:13 pm UTC

Nah, just screwin' around =D
Wanna hear the truth? Life is downright ok.

angel_jean

Postby angel_jean » Thu Jan 17, 2008 11:39 am UTC

No posts since then eh ... I guess everyone's off having dreams now.

I just wanted to say, @trophy:

I never thought that having long/vivid/complex dream sequences was a problem, until I started getting extreme fatigue. And when I got my allergies/sleep treated, the dreams went away, but the fatigue did not. (I can't stop now, though, I breathe so much better and my nose feels better.) The fatigue had another cause, it was just the reason I got investigated.

So I offer my conjecture as an explanation, not as an advocacy of treatment. If it doesn't bother you, don't fix it.

Sweet dreams!
the angel Jean - Smith's little elf
http://theangeljean.blogspot.com

For those who like to MUD: http://www.deadofnight.org

jack

xkcd dream

Postby jack » Thu Jan 17, 2008 5:40 pm UTC

Had a dream about xkcd last night. Basically it was a muddle of various scenes in Empire Strikes back and Return of the Jedi, where xkcd was Luke Skywalker and Maddox of http://maddox.xmission.com/ was Darth Vader.

I had the scene where Maddox tells xkcd he's his father. And then another where Maddox is trying to bring Randall to the dark side of the internet. More easily attainable fame through profanity and shock with less work required.

Quadropus

Postby Quadropus » Thu Jan 17, 2008 11:29 pm UTC

I woke up last night/this morning at 3.18 after dreaming about the table function on my calculator.

I'm still unsure about whether the subjects of my dreams are healthy or not.... Video games, calculators and Apple products. All seem to point towards an underlying fetish for technology....

meh.

Ess

Postby Ess » Fri Jan 18, 2008 12:55 am UTC

I've never had a good dream in my life. I've never really had a bad one either. They're always just really fricking weird. Last night's dream was no exception. I had the first sex dream that I remember. Random impromptu sex in a bathroom with this guy who I'm not attracted to (at least not consciously anyway) :shock:
I'm half tempted to find the book about dreams that's in my basement and find out what it might mean, but then again, I'm not sure I want to know what it means.

xooll

Postby xooll » Fri Jan 18, 2008 1:18 am UTC

I was in the living room of my parents' house with my family. I think it was christmas, or almost christmas, and we were preparing for a group picture (this is not something that has ever actually happened). Included in the group was, for some reason, my professor's dog. As we arranged the room so that it would look nice, I noticed a hideous 4-inch centipede on the couch. I quickly went to the kitchen to get something to squash it with, but decided that a paper towel wouldn't be enough and grabbed a cane instead. By the time I got back, the centipede was (and always had been) a gigantic spider, its abdomen somewhat larger than a golf ball. I lost sight of it for a moment, then found it again hiding behind a cardboard box that was stuck to the wall for some reason. It was nasty, and I wasn't sure my cane would be enough to kill it with. Somewhere in there, I have the image of using the cane as some kind of spear-gun, but that didn't work or something because the spider lived on. As it emerged from the cover of the cardboard, it split into two spiders, one black and one brown, connected by some kind of umbilical-cord-like thing. The brown one shot forward, ricocheted off the wall, and jumped about fifteen feet to land on my neck and bite, either drinking my blood or injecting huge amounts of poison into me. I was paralyzed and tried to call for help, but could just manage a faint whisper "hlp..hlp...hlp". I'm pretty sure I was actually vocalizing this part while asleep. Fortunately I woke up then.
So, I got tired of the fact that the appearance of my band name in my signature made my posts on this forum the dominant result when googling for my music. Anyway, if you think I might happen to be a good musician, you can test this theory here.

Dethanol

Postby Dethanol » Fri Jan 18, 2008 2:27 am UTC

Well, I had a dream where my mother had fallen from the sky (I forget how she got up there in the first place, though) and made a spectacularly fiery re-entry into the atmosphere. Amazingly she wasn't harmed and in fact landed on a wild boar in the middle of a field. It also seems that a rock separated from her and struck a moose close by, blew a hole straight through his head, knocked off his hoof- which landed in the crater that the rock made.
I then get the good idea for my family to catalogue all the fish in a stream right next to us. We were having a hard time catching the fish, but luckily enough, a brown bear decided to help us!
We returned to our house, only to find my brother had put some kind of food all over the stove and was burning terribly. I rush to the silverware drawer to find something to reach past the flames and turn off the burners, but my bro had left the silverware burner on too!
It becomes incoherent, and my memory fades there...
I am Now!

Return to “General”