Confessional Shed - I'll keep a look-out

Things that don't belong anywhere else. (Check first).

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

benjhuey

Re: Confessional Thread - 449 - Number of the Divie Pine

Postby benjhuey » Tue Mar 11, 2008 1:18 am UTC

Felstaff wrote:Confession v: Where the hell did confession 3 go?

The missing third confession seems to support SecondTalon's theory. I just assumed you were both intelligent and drunk, sort of a combination of the two.
多么现在棕色母牛?

TigerX
its the squiggles dude!

Re: Confessional Thread - Now with a newt idol!

Postby TigerX » Tue Mar 11, 2008 1:28 am UTC

Aluminus wrote:Confession: I just made a post on the internet claiming there is no free will. I have a little clock on my desk that counts down the minutes until the flames rage out of control.
Meh, it was bound to have happened. *stifles laugh*

Morphing Ball

Postby Morphing Ball » Tue Mar 11, 2008 1:49 am UTC

Relevant confession: I love trolling. But I only do it through appropriate channels.

Masterwabbit

Postby Masterwabbit » Tue Mar 11, 2008 1:57 am UTC

I must confess. A lot of plans:

I plan to go see the Jerry Springer show. Only to see what happens during the commercial breaks. Seriously, on camera, they're all yelling at each other, but have you ever wondered what happens when the red light turns off? Do they instantly calm down, break out the tea and scone, and settle differences in a more civilized manner?

I have plans to go to the Senate/House of Representatives with pennants, #1 foam-fingers, a Donkey figure painted on my gut, and cheering on the Republicans. Also, counting down the minutes until I'm arrested.

Once arrested for disorderly conduct, I have plans to have every inmate dance to "The Time Warp" as long as possible.

I have plans to rule the world with an iron-fisted totalitarian view. Of course, I know most of you out there have these kinds of plans as well, so I'm in good company.
My Webcomic: Jay and Olivia.

"The only thing I know is that I don't know anything" -Socrates

Kosenjou

Postby Kosenjou » Tue Mar 11, 2008 1:59 am UTC

Confession: I do not understand the desire to troll.
"The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him."
-G. K. Chesterton

aeki

Postby aeki » Tue Mar 11, 2008 2:50 am UTC

Kosenjou wrote:Confession: I do not understand the desire to troll.

I think it's similar to the desire to set things on fire or knock over a really tall tower. It's something to do with watching an incredible force of nature tear through something all because of a tiny little action you did.

Confession: I like burning things.

Delalyra

Postby Delalyra » Tue Mar 11, 2008 2:52 am UTC

Morphing Ball wrote:Relevant confession: I love trolling. But I only do it through appropriate channels.

Or chans, even? :lol:

Confession: I enjoy trolling too, on occasion.
you may remember me from 2008 or 2009. I left for a while. I'm now sporadically back. I tumble here.

Insignificant Deifaction
Small Goddess

Postby Insignificant Deifaction » Tue Mar 11, 2008 2:59 am UTC

Trolling sounds good in theory, but really isn't that interesting in practice, even when you enjoy schadenfreude as much as I do.

Confession:

I neglected my duties.
Belial wrote:You are giving me the tools to sodomize my vast imagination, and for this I am grateful.

PM Me, if you care for a chat.

koneko

Postby koneko » Tue Mar 11, 2008 3:18 am UTC

Confession: I think I just slept 12 hours and missed a day of work.
ImageImage

TigerX
its the squiggles dude!

Postby TigerX » Tue Mar 11, 2008 3:29 am UTC

koneko wrote:Confession: I think I just slept 12 hours and missed a day of work.

I did that today too. :-)

Aleril
Le Rail

Postby Aleril » Tue Mar 11, 2008 3:32 am UTC

Confession: Daylight savings time really fucked me up today.

I think I fell asleep in class.

HighCharity

Re:

Postby HighCharity » Tue Mar 11, 2008 3:33 am UTC

Narsil wrote:Confession:
I love you all.

Confession: I love me too. :)
folkhero wrote:I feel bad for the hooker, but that guy is too annoying to not make fun of.

Are Thefinvispol, Child wrote:Life is, in a word, caverns.

Seven
Tertiary Adjunct of Unimatrix Zero-One

Re: Re:

Postby Seven » Tue Mar 11, 2008 3:34 am UTC

HighCharity wrote:
I love you all.

Group hug!!!

benjhuey

Postby benjhuey » Tue Mar 11, 2008 3:42 am UTC

Seven wrote:
HighCharity wrote:
I love you all.

Group hug!!!

Orgy :mrgreen:
多么现在棕色母牛?

Severus Severance

Postby Severus Severance » Tue Mar 11, 2008 3:56 am UTC

Confession: Didn't do my homework. Am now rushing to the midnight deadline with the help of Wikipedia. I'll never tell.

HighCharity

Postby HighCharity » Tue Mar 11, 2008 4:08 am UTC

benjhuey wrote:
Seven wrote:
HighCharity wrote:
I love you all.

Group hug!!!

Group hug orgy? What the fuck?
folkhero wrote:I feel bad for the hooker, but that guy is too annoying to not make fun of.

Disco_Inferno

Postby Disco_Inferno » Tue Mar 11, 2008 4:17 am UTC

HighCharity wrote:
benjhuey wrote:
Seven wrote:
HighCharity wrote:
I love you all.

Group hug!!!

I think you mean: "Group hug orgy? What do I fuck?" Okay, that was a very bad joke.

Confession: I have a short essay to write, and I am trying to decide whether to finish it and not sleep, or get a good nights sleep, possibly skip a class, and try to write it in three to four hours. I have it almost completely planned out, I just need to put in the work to turn that pre-writing into something presentable.
John Travolta can dance, but I can light the dance floor on fire.

HighCharity

Postby HighCharity » Tue Mar 11, 2008 4:18 am UTC

Disco_Inferno wrote:
HighCharity wrote:
benjhuey wrote:
Seven wrote:
HighCharity wrote:
I love you all.

Group hug!!!

I think you mean: "Group hug orgy? What do I fuck?" Okay, that was a very bad joke.

Confession: I have a short essay to write, and I am trying to decide whether to finish it and not sleep, or get a good nights sleep, possibly skip a class, and try to write it in three to four hours. I have it almost completely planned out, I just need to put in the work to turn that pre-writing into something presentable.

Confession: I am completely naked right now.

TigerX
its the squiggles dude!

Postby TigerX » Tue Mar 11, 2008 4:19 am UTC

We have a hug thread in the Fora Games forum. :-)

HighCharity

Postby HighCharity » Tue Mar 11, 2008 4:20 am UTC

TigerX wrote:We have a hug thread in the Fora Games forum. :-)

We also have a cookbook in the food forum?

Disco_Inferno

Postby Disco_Inferno » Tue Mar 11, 2008 4:23 am UTC

TigerX wrote:We have a hug thread in the Fora Games forum. :-)

I will have to investigate this. I could use some hugs.

benjhuey

Postby benjhuey » Tue Mar 11, 2008 4:25 am UTC

Disco_Inferno wrote:Confession: I have a short essay to write, and I am trying to decide whether to finish it and not sleep, or get a good nights sleep, possibly skip a class, and try to write it in three to four hours. I have it almost completely planned out, I just need to put in the work to turn that pre-writing into something presentable.

I'm in a similar bind and may only get 4 hours of sleep tonight. I'd stay awake all night, but I also have to work tomorrow after school so I would have been up for about, oh, 45 hours.

Possible, but not pretty. After about 36 hours, I just start throwing knives at people. :evil:
多么现在棕色母牛?

Disco_Inferno

Postby Disco_Inferno » Tue Mar 11, 2008 4:36 am UTC

benjhuey wrote:
Disco_Inferno wrote:Confession: I have a short essay to write, and I am trying to decide whether to finish it and not sleep, or get a good nights sleep, possibly skip a class, and try to write it in three to four hours. I have it almost completely planned out, I just need to put in the work to turn that pre-writing into something presentable.

I'm in a similar bind and may only get 4 hours of sleep tonight. I'd stay awake all night, but I also have to work tomorrow after school so I would have been up for about, oh, 45 hours.

Possible, but not pretty. After about 36 hours, I just start throwing knives at people. :evil:

I can easily get grumpy on a lack of sleep too. But 36 hours? You are a greater trekker than I am; I would have collapsed after about 25 hours. Goodluck.

I have decided on a solution: write the major paragraphs and ideas now, and print out a copy. Go into my first classes tomorrow revising the paper, and use my free time back in my dorm room to finish it up. It is the middle ground between my two choices.

Edit: Grammar

benjhuey

Postby benjhuey » Tue Mar 11, 2008 4:50 am UTC

Disco_Inferno wrote:
benjhuey wrote:

I can easily get grumpy on a lack of sleep too. But 36 hours? You are a greater trekker than I am; I would have collapsed after about 25 hours. Goodluck.

I have decided on a solution: write the major paragraphs and ideas now, and print out a copy. Go into my first classes tomorrow revising the paper, and use my free time back in my dorm room to finish it up. It is the middle ground between my two choices.

Edit: Grammar

Thirty-six is as far as I've ever gone, but I can't really suggest it, especially when you're in a situation that requires you to be able to act older than a three-year-old.

Your plan sounds pretty stable if you can accomplish each step in the alloted time. If there's one thing that those major writing classes have taught me, it's how to write a paper in only a few hours.
多么现在棕色母牛?

Zak

Postby Zak » Tue Mar 11, 2008 4:54 am UTC

I've always wanted to get a group of friends to hang out at my house for like a week, but not let anyone go to sleep. I wonder how the group dynamics would change...
*waggles eyebrows*

Disco_Inferno

Postby Disco_Inferno » Tue Mar 11, 2008 4:56 am UTC

benjhuey wrote:Thirty-six is as far as I've ever gone, but I can't really suggest it, especially when you're in a situation that requires you to be able to act older than a three-year-old.

Your plan sounds pretty stable if you can accomplish each step in the alloted time. If there's one thing that those major writing classes have taught me, it's how to write a paper in only a few hours.

Thankfully, this essay is short (3 pages minimum) and isn't complex, so my plan should work. I plan to be lights-out by 1:30 at the latest; that should be enough time to get most of the "meaty but needs proofreading" writing done. If I absolutly had to, I could write this in two hours and not touch it again, but I think I with my allotted time I can do a better job.

benjhuey

Postby benjhuey » Tue Mar 11, 2008 5:17 am UTC

Z.A.K wrote:I've always wanted to get a group of friends to hang out at my house for like a week, but not let anyone go to sleep. I wonder how the group dynamics would change...

After 3 or 4 days, someone would lose it and kill you all.
I know I would...
多么现在棕色母牛?

HighCharity

Postby HighCharity » Tue Mar 11, 2008 5:18 am UTC

benjhuey wrote:
Z.A.K wrote:I've always wanted to get a group of friends to hang out at my house for like a week, but not let anyone go to sleep. I wonder how the group dynamics would change...

After 3 or 4 days, someone would lose it and kill you all.
I know I would...

IT WOULD TAKE THAT LONG?!

Belial
A terrible sound heard from a distance

Postby Belial » Tue Mar 11, 2008 5:19 am UTC

Thirty-six is as far as I've ever gone, but I can't really suggest it, especially when you're in a situation that requires you to be able to act older than a three-year-old.

Drugs help. I did 72-ish once, during finals week, because I had about six papers to do.

I don't recommend it. I especially don't recommend leaving the philosophy papers for last. Those are not things to be semi-incoherent on.
addams wrote:A drunk neighbor is better than a sober Belial.

They/them

benjhuey

Postby benjhuey » Tue Mar 11, 2008 5:40 am UTC

HighCharity wrote:IT WOULD TAKE THAT LONG?!

I suppose it would depend on the situation. If they're just at your house, not doing anything, then the events may take place within the first 24 hours. It really depends on who your friends are and why they're at your house for a week to begin with. My 36 hours was because I was at a LAN party. Had it not been for that, I would stabbed someone within the first day, yeah.

Belial wrote:Drugs help. I did 72-ish once, during finals week, because I had about six papers to do.

Holy crap, man! I've been sitting here for about six minutes trying to think of the words to respond, but they're just not there. Three days... gah, I would have razed my whole town by then.
多么现在棕色母牛?

Ian Ex Machina

Postby Ian Ex Machina » Tue Mar 11, 2008 6:38 am UTC

Oooh someone else had an essay to write aswell?

Confession: Take that you stupid essay, you and your criminology smack talk can go rot in the hand-in office.

(On the subject of essay writing I find doing bits whilst doing other things good to start and then gradually weed out distractions as you flow into it.)

Belial
A terrible sound heard from a distance

Postby Belial » Tue Mar 11, 2008 6:44 am UTC

benjhuey wrote:Holy crap, man! I've been sitting here for about six minutes trying to think of the words to respond, but they're just not there. Three days... gah, I would have razed my whole town by then.

I was on truly ridiculous amounts of amphetamine and caffeine. I was therefore *way* too focused on what I was doing to go razing towns.
addams wrote:A drunk neighbor is better than a sober Belial.

They/them

ParanoydAndroid

Postby ParanoydAndroid » Tue Mar 11, 2008 7:17 am UTC

Belial wrote:
benjhuey wrote:Holy crap, man! I've been sitting here for about six minutes trying to think of the words to respond, but they're just not there. Three days... gah, I would have razed my whole town by then.

I was on truly ridiculous amounts of amphetamine and caffeine. I was therefore *way* too focused on what I was doing to go razing towns.

I did 74 hours at Debate camp once, and I literally began hallucinating ... it was awesome :D

Confession: I just spent 6 hours beating subspace Emissary for SSBB ... and I'm horribly satisfied with myself now.
-B
I may be an idiot sir, but one thing I am not, sir, is an idiot.

Nebulae

Postby Nebulae » Tue Mar 11, 2008 7:22 am UTC

Belial wrote:

How well do amphetamines work? I'm sure the mileage varies from person to person, but does it really help you study better?

JayDee

Postby JayDee » Tue Mar 11, 2008 7:50 am UTC

Belial wrote:I don't recommend it. I especially don't recommend leaving the philosophy papers for last. Those are not things to be semi-incoherent on.
You don't fool me. Philosophy papers are never coherent.
The Mighty Thesaurus wrote:I believe that everything can and must be joked about.
Hawknc wrote:I like to think that he hasn't left, he's just finally completed his foe list.

Nebulae

Postby Nebulae » Tue Mar 11, 2008 8:17 am UTC

So much philosophy hate 'round these parts

shorty

Postby shorty » Tue Mar 11, 2008 11:33 am UTC

I just got 4 hours of sleep because I stayed up writing a paper (procrastinating more like it). And then when I tried to find the sugar for my coffee just now, it wasn't in the normal spot, even though my dad said it was, and I thought I was going crazy and seeing things. Not a fun first-thing-in-the-morning-when-I-still-have-to-finish-my-paper experience.

ThorFluff
Ursus Onanis

Postby ThorFluff » Tue Mar 11, 2008 11:43 am UTC

I have the ability to sleep basically anywhere (never to scared or shy to sleep it seems)
So i've been pushing 48 once, but more then that is madn.... you know what, i'm just going to skip ahead and say SPARTA!!!
EsotericWombat wrote:You're... calling the Rolling Stones emo.

It might take a while to gather the lynch mob. no one really planned against this eventuality.

krynd wrote:That'd make an awesome sig. Unfortunately, I'm sure self-sigging isn't allowed...

benjhuey

Postby benjhuey » Tue Mar 11, 2008 11:48 am UTC

My estimation was right, and I got about 4 hours of sleep. Still have so much to do... :cry:

Belial, your venture reminds me of a story my psychology teacher tells all of his classes. When he was in college, during finals week, some other guy took a bunch of drugs to stay awake. Instead of studying for his finals, this guy spent most of the night hurtling couches in the dormitory lobby. My teacher has all these finer details and actions, making the actual telling of his encounter is quite hilarious.
多么现在棕色母牛?

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
As the Arbiter of Everything, Everything Sucks

Postby (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ » Tue Mar 11, 2008 12:25 pm UTC

Nebulae wrote:So much philosophy hate 'round these parts

I like to think of it as a friendly joking nudge. If JayDee hadn't made that joke, I would have.
Heyyy baby wanna kill all humans?

Return to “General”