0442: "xkcd Loves the Discovery Channel"

This forum is for the individual discussion thread that goes with each new comic.

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

Interrupted I
Posts: 2
Joined: Sun Jun 15, 2008 4:43 am UTC

Re: "xkcd Loves the Discovery Channel" discussion

Postby Interrupted I » Fri Jun 27, 2008 4:35 am UTC

Shouldn't the Barack Obama be black?

User avatar
Qoppa
Posts: 694
Joined: Sat Nov 24, 2007 9:32 pm UTC
Location: Yes.

Re: "xkcd Loves the Discovery Channel" discussion

Postby Qoppa » Fri Jun 27, 2008 4:35 am UTC

I can't stop smiling now. :D

Code: Select all

_=0,w=-1,(*t)(int,int);a()??<char*p="[gd\
~/d~/\\b\x7F\177l*~/~djal{x}h!\005h";(++w
<033)?(putchar((*t)(w??(p:>,w?_:0XD)),a()
):0;%>O(x,l)??<_='['/7;{return!(x%(_-11))
?x??'l:x^(1+ ++l);}??>main(){t=&O;w=a();}

User avatar
espire
Posts: 108
Joined: Wed Feb 20, 2008 9:22 pm UTC

Re: "xkcd Loves the Discovery Channel" discussion

Postby espire » Fri Jun 27, 2008 4:35 am UTC

I have a sudden urge to turn this comic into a real song. All I need is a few voice actors, the original piano chords, and some sound effects!

Who's with me?
DANGER! RAPTORS! IT'S SAFE HERE

sje46
Posts: 4730
Joined: Wed May 14, 2008 4:41 am UTC
Location: New Hampshire

Re: "xkcd Loves the Discovery Channel" discussion

Postby sje46 » Fri Jun 27, 2008 4:36 am UTC

Wait . .did the existentialist go to the bakery once? I don't remember that one. And I don't know what the girl in the second panel is tinkering with.

I think that someone should make a comercial with these lyrics and imagery! That'll be pretty funny.
General_Norris: Taking pride in your nation is taking pride in the division of humanity.
Pirate.Bondage: Let's get married. Right now.

VHBT
Posts: 50
Joined: Fri Mar 28, 2008 8:18 pm UTC

Re: "xkcd Loves the Discovery Channel" discussion

Postby VHBT » Fri Jun 27, 2008 4:37 am UTC

sje46 wrote:Oh, thank you so much. I have no idea what bypassing a cache is, but it worked. Some day I'll figure out these interwebtubes.

Your cache is the webpage data that your computer stores in order to make loading faster (this is why loading a site for the second time is often faster than loading it for the first time). However, there are times when you can't see updates to a site and can only see what is in your cache.
When you bypass your cache, you reload everything on the page, whether or not you already have it stored. This can be somewhat slow, but it will always display the most recent version of the page.

Edit:
missingglassmarbles wrote:I concede defeat.

But as was posted in my thread, mine did have a properly formatted title from the beginning.

So did mine. The one that didn't (posted in the same second as mine) was deleted.
missingglassmarbles wrote:Simple matter of speed versus quality. I guess if you guys prefer quickies, then that's your thing. ;)

I think that quality is generally chosen over speed, but the (nearly meaningless) one second difference was, in this case, a tiebreaker between two equal-quality threads.
Last edited by VHBT on Fri Jun 27, 2008 4:40 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
okelay
Posts: 35
Joined: Thu May 08, 2008 6:49 pm UTC
Contact:

Re: "xkcd Loves the Discovery Channel" discussion

Postby okelay » Fri Jun 27, 2008 4:39 am UTC

Awwww! how cute!I think this is one of my favourite comics yet.
Love all the references! And that ad! this was so MADE OF WIN.

User avatar
Enigma90825
Posts: 172
Joined: Thu Aug 16, 2007 3:19 am UTC

Re: "xkcd Loves the Discovery Channel" discussion

Postby Enigma90825 » Fri Jun 27, 2008 4:40 am UTC

Ah, that was an amazing comic. All of the XKCD references were epic. Which one is the Barack thing from (comic one up from the bottom left)? That's the only one where I wasn't entirely sure where it was from.

Very glad I remembered to check this before I went to bed!
I am not here... isn't "here" just "there" without the T?

Alphaniner
Posts: 30
Joined: Wed Nov 14, 2007 2:20 am UTC

Re: "xkcd Loves the Discovery Channel" discussion

Postby Alphaniner » Fri Jun 27, 2008 4:41 am UTC

espire wrote:I have a sudden urge to turn this comic into a real song. All I need is a few voice actors, the original piano chords, and some sound effects!

Who's with me?


that would be kinda fun.

It's a shockingly simple chord sequence. I just need to find the key.
Last edited by Alphaniner on Fri Jun 27, 2008 4:43 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Rodan
Any title.
Posts: 1846
Joined: Thu May 17, 2007 11:52 pm UTC
Location: Eastern Standard Time

Re: "xkcd Loves the Discovery Channel" discussion

Postby Rodan » Fri Jun 27, 2008 4:41 am UTC

Wow. This comic (and the ad it's parodying actually ) makes me feel really happy.
(Although for a second it did strike me as a going away ending comic, but that wouldn't happen.
Right?)
Last edited by Rodan on Fri Jun 27, 2008 4:51 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.

sje46
Posts: 4730
Joined: Wed May 14, 2008 4:41 am UTC
Location: New Hampshire

Re: "xkcd Loves the Discovery Channel" discussion

Postby sje46 » Fri Jun 27, 2008 4:42 am UTC

Enigma90825 wrote:Ah, that was an amazing comic. All of the XKCD references were epic. Which one is the Barack thing from (comic one up from the bottom left)? That's the only one where I wasn't entirely sure where it was from.

Very glad I remembered to check this before I went to bed!

Probably this:
http://xkcd.com/285/

I think RM had a blag post urging people to vote Obama, too.
General_Norris: Taking pride in your nation is taking pride in the division of humanity.
Pirate.Bondage: Let's get married. Right now.

shazamphoenix
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon May 26, 2008 5:40 am UTC
Location: Bostonstan, MA
Contact:

Re: "xkcd Loves the Discovery Channel" discussion

Postby shazamphoenix » Fri Jun 27, 2008 4:45 am UTC

rhalleys5th wrote:Reading this one actually made me giddy. XD


Amen to that. I think this is on my list of "BEST XKCDs EVARRR"...I've been having a pretty crappy couple of days, and I didn't get the Discovery Channel reference (I haven't watched it in ages...I miss you, MythBusters and Bear Grylls and Mike Rowe) at first, so I found this to be really heartwarming and pretty awesome.

Awesome enough that I actually logged in and posted for the first time!

Edit: fixed the quote. i r forum n00b. f'serious.
Last edited by shazamphoenix on Fri Jun 27, 2008 4:55 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.

Frank Battaglia
Posts: 4
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2007 3:44 pm UTC

Re: "xkcd Loves the Discovery Channel" discussion

Postby Frank Battaglia » Fri Jun 27, 2008 4:46 am UTC

The Discovery Channel commercial being alluded to is one of my favorite commercials in a long, long time. When I first saw it, it made me happy. I didn't think commercials could do that.

Now this strip made me happy again.

PS - If you liked the Discovery Channel commercial, you might also like Dancing 2008. They both give me a similar happy vibe.

User avatar
Rodan
Any title.
Posts: 1846
Joined: Thu May 17, 2007 11:52 pm UTC
Location: Eastern Standard Time

Re: "xkcd Loves the Discovery Channel" discussion

Postby Rodan » Fri Jun 27, 2008 4:47 am UTC

Suddenly I wish I had cable again just for the Discovery channel...

Robin S
Posts: 3579
Joined: Wed Jun 27, 2007 7:02 pm UTC
Location: London, UK
Contact:

Re: "xkcd Loves the Discovery Channel" discussion

Postby Robin S » Fri Jun 27, 2008 4:47 am UTC

sje46 wrote:
Enigma90825 wrote:Which one is the Barack thing from (comic one up from the bottom left)? That's the only one where I wasn't entirely sure where it was from.
I think RM had a blag post urging people to vote Obama, too.
Indeed. Not all of the references are to the comic; some of them are to his life in general. See for example this blag entry, and the third image from this one.
espire wrote:All I need is a few voice actors, the original piano chords, and some sound effects!
I don't think it originally used a piano, but it's your standard chord progression I-VIm-IV-V.
sje46 wrote:Wait . .did the existentialist go to the bakery once? I don't remember that one. And I don't know what the girl in the second panel is tinkering with.
For what it's worth, you want "xkcd Goes to the Airport" and "New Pet".
Last edited by Robin S on Fri Jun 27, 2008 4:50 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.
This is a placeholder until I think of something more creative to put here.

User avatar
caitlin
Posts: 6
Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2008 2:56 pm UTC
Location: Memphis, TN
Contact:

Re: "xkcd Loves the Discovery Channel" discussion

Postby caitlin » Fri Jun 27, 2008 4:48 am UTC

Since no one has taken the initiative...

xkcd_discovery.gif
Original
xkcd_discovery.gif (110.26 KiB) Viewed 31833 times


And a 100x100 for avatars:

xkcd_discovery_100.gif
100x100
xkcd_discovery_100.gif (64.75 KiB) Viewed 71846 times


(Edit: Added "since" to nullify contradiction.)
Last edited by caitlin on Fri Jun 27, 2008 5:01 am UTC, edited 2 times in total.

Alphaniner
Posts: 30
Joined: Wed Nov 14, 2007 2:20 am UTC

Re: "xkcd Loves the Discovery Channel" discussion

Postby Alphaniner » Fri Jun 27, 2008 4:49 am UTC

As far as the piano chords, C#-A#m-F#-G#

Apparently they're too cool for a normal chords sequence.

VHBT
Posts: 50
Joined: Fri Mar 28, 2008 8:18 pm UTC

Re: "xkcd Loves the Discovery Channel" discussion

Postby VHBT » Fri Jun 27, 2008 4:51 am UTC

caitlin wrote:No one has taken the initiative...

Image

And a 100x100 for avatars:

Image

That post is extremely self-contradictory.

Still, good idea.

sje46
Posts: 4730
Joined: Wed May 14, 2008 4:41 am UTC
Location: New Hampshire

Re: "xkcd Loves the Discovery Channel" discussion

Postby sje46 » Fri Jun 27, 2008 4:52 am UTC

Robin S wrote:
sje46 wrote:
Enigma90825 wrote:Which one is the Barack thing from (comic one up from the bottom left)? That's the only one where I wasn't entirely sure where it was from.
I think RM had a blag post urging people to vote Obama, too.
Indeed. Not all of the references are to the comic; some of them are to his life in general. See for example this blag entry, and the third image from this one.
espire wrote:All I need is a few voice actors, the original piano chords, and some sound effects!
I don't think it originally used a piano, but it's your standard chord progression I-VIm-IV-V.
sje46 wrote:Wait . .did the existentialist go to the bakery once? I don't remember that one. And I don't know what the girl in the second panel is tinkering with.
For what it's worth, you want "xkcd Goes to the Airport" and "New Pet".

Okay, thanks. I remembered him wanting to go to a bakery in the airport one, but I figured there was one where he actually went to the bakery.

And thanks to the guy who explained what a cache is for me. I don't really know how to quote more than one person on these fora.
General_Norris: Taking pride in your nation is taking pride in the division of humanity.
Pirate.Bondage: Let's get married. Right now.

User avatar
Akula
Posts: 619
Joined: Thu Feb 01, 2007 7:55 pm UTC
Location: Vermont
Contact:

Re: "xkcd Loves the Discovery Channel" discussion

Postby Akula » Fri Jun 27, 2008 4:53 am UTC

Ansible wrote:The world is amazing!

And speaking of Discovery, I still need to watch the When We Left Earth series.


Oh my god yes you do. ABSOLUTELY AMAZING. I'm a total spaceflight nerd, and even I learned a couple things I didn't know. Also, it's basically many many hours of absolutely awesome footage, and spectacular narration and interviews.
"I never let my schooling interfere with my education" - Mark Twain

User avatar
caitlin
Posts: 6
Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2008 2:56 pm UTC
Location: Memphis, TN
Contact:

Re: "xkcd Loves the Discovery Channel" discussion

Postby caitlin » Fri Jun 27, 2008 4:54 am UTC

VHBT wrote:That post is extremely self-contradictory.


... I don't understand?

fett0001
Posts: 5
Joined: Wed Apr 09, 2008 4:12 am UTC

Re: "xkcd Loves the Discovery Channel" discussion

Postby fett0001 » Fri Jun 27, 2008 4:55 am UTC

This one makes me warm and fuzzy inside.

User avatar
Upsilon
Posts: 1119
Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2007 1:53 am UTC
Location: Wisconsin
Contact:

Re: "xkcd Loves the Discovery Channel" discussion

Postby Upsilon » Fri Jun 27, 2008 4:55 am UTC

I love this comic. It is probably my favorite or one of my favorites.
22/M/USA
age/sex/location
Spoiler:
Upsilon avatar from TaintedDeity.

Wehpudicabok
Posts: 13
Joined: Fri Jun 27, 2008 4:49 am UTC

Re: "xkcd Loves the Discovery Channel" discussion

Postby Wehpudicabok » Fri Jun 27, 2008 4:56 am UTC

I registered just to say:

THIS COMIC IS AWESOME!! and made me feel happy and all warm and fuzzy inside too.

I've been an xkcd fan for months, but I just had to celebrate this one. I love it so much. :D

VHBT
Posts: 50
Joined: Fri Mar 28, 2008 8:18 pm UTC

Re: "xkcd Loves the Discovery Channel" discussion

Postby VHBT » Fri Jun 27, 2008 4:57 am UTC

sje46 wrote:And thanks to the guy who explained what a cache is for me. I don't really know how to quote more than one person on these fora.

Click the two separate quote buttons, copy one and paste it into the other. For example:
Actually, Robin S posted a better method that I'd missed: quote buttons in the topic review.

caitlin wrote:
VHBT wrote:That post is extremely self-contradictory.


... I don't understand?

"No one has taken the initiative..."
That stopped being true once you posted.
Last edited by VHBT on Fri Jun 27, 2008 5:29 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
caitlin
Posts: 6
Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2008 2:56 pm UTC
Location: Memphis, TN
Contact:

Re: "xkcd Loves the Discovery Channel" discussion

Postby caitlin » Fri Jun 27, 2008 4:59 am UTC

VHBT wrote:
caitlin wrote:
VHBT wrote:That post is extremely self-contradictory.

... I don't understand?

"No one has taken the initiative..."
That stopped being true once you posted.


Ah! Fixed. =)

User avatar
hideki101
Posts: 342
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 5:50 pm UTC
Location: everywhere and nowhere

Re: "xkcd Loves the Discovery Channel" discussion

Postby hideki101 » Fri Jun 27, 2008 5:07 am UTC

panel 1:http://xkcd.com/162/
panel 2:http://xkcd.com/413/
Panel 3:http://xkcd.com/434/
panel 4:http://xkcd.com/239/http://xkcd.com/345/
panel 5:http://xkcd.com/152/
Panel 6:http://img.4chan.org/b/imgboard.html. no link this time
Panel 7:http://xkcd.com/150/
Panel 8:http://blag.xkcd.com/2008/02/27/ballpit-phase-ii/
Panel 9:http://xkcd.com/325/
Panel 10:http://xkcd.com/153/
Panel 11:http://xkcd.com/289/? maybe another one
Panel 12:http://xkcd.com/kite/
Panel 13:http://xkcd.com/256/
Panel 14:http://xkcd.com/8/http://xkcd.com/43/http://xkcd.com/427/
Panel 15:http://xkcd.com/303/
Panel 16:Damn. can't figure this one out.
Panel 17:http://blag.xkcd.com/2008/01/28/obama/
Panel 18:or this one. Has he ever mentioned transistors?
Panel 19:http://xkcd.com/69/?
Panel 20:http://xkcd.com/49/http://xkcd.com/279/http://xkcd.com/317/ There seems to be quite a few sister ones...
Panel 21:http://xkcd.com/249/
Panel 22:http://xkcd.com/291/
Panel 23:http://xkcd.com/108/
Panel 24:http://xkcd.com/409/

I don't know if I got any wrong though. Some aren't comics by the way.
Albert Einistein wrote:"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."

User avatar
Ansible
Posts: 49
Joined: Sat Jun 21, 2008 2:59 am UTC
Location: Dallas

Re: "xkcd Loves the Discovery Channel" discussion

Postby Ansible » Fri Jun 27, 2008 5:14 am UTC

hideki101 wrote:Panel 16:Damn. can't figure this one out.


I think it's http://xkcd.com/135/.

TheProfoundWord
Posts: 6
Joined: Mon Apr 16, 2007 4:33 am UTC
Location: Sin City
Contact:

Re: "xkcd Loves the Discovery Channel" discussion

Postby TheProfoundWord » Fri Jun 27, 2008 5:14 am UTC

I propose we all try to re-enact one of the scenes from the comic while singing the lyrics for said channel (or in condensed terms, remixing the original commercial with xkcd lyrics). Maybe its just me, but I think only win could come of such a venture.

Btw, best comic thus far. Hooray for nostalgia!

Kazuke
Posts: 171
Joined: Fri Oct 26, 2007 4:55 pm UTC
Location: Indianapolis
Contact:

Re: "xkcd Loves the Discovery Channel" discussion

Postby Kazuke » Fri Jun 27, 2008 5:15 am UTC

I love this comic.

User avatar
hideki101
Posts: 342
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 5:50 pm UTC
Location: everywhere and nowhere

Re: "xkcd Loves the Discovery Channel" discussion

Postby hideki101 » Fri Jun 27, 2008 5:16 am UTC

Ansible wrote:
hideki101 wrote:Panel 16:Damn. can't figure this one out.


I think it's http://xkcd.com/135/.

I thought that too, but the teacher has hair in the new version. "Mr. Munroe" doesn't.
Albert Einistein wrote:"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."

User avatar
Ansible
Posts: 49
Joined: Sat Jun 21, 2008 2:59 am UTC
Location: Dallas

Re: "xkcd Loves the Discovery Channel" discussion

Postby Ansible » Fri Jun 27, 2008 5:17 am UTC

hideki101 wrote:
Ansible wrote:
hideki101 wrote:Panel 16:Damn. can't figure this one out.


I think it's http://xkcd.com/135/.

I thought that too, but the teacher has hair in the new version. "Mr. Munroe" doesn't.


Yeah, that's true. Maybe it's from another universe.

thebandit
Posts: 91
Joined: Thu Jan 24, 2008 7:09 am UTC
Location: Sacramento

Re: "xkcd Loves the Discovery Channel" discussion

Postby thebandit » Fri Jun 27, 2008 5:19 am UTC

There damn well better NOT be Taft slash fiction.

Robin S
Posts: 3579
Joined: Wed Jun 27, 2007 7:02 pm UTC
Location: London, UK
Contact:

Re: "xkcd Loves the Discovery Channel" discussion

Postby Robin S » Fri Jun 27, 2008 5:23 am UTC

For those who were worried, Randall has confirmed (in IRC - you can go and ask him yourself) that this is far from the last comic.

Off-topic:
sje46 wrote:I don't really know how to quote more than one person on these fora.
The standard way to do it is as follows: when you're writing your post, scroll down and you'll see a list of recent posts. Each one has a "quote" button in the corner which will add the entire contents of that post into your text at the current cursor position as a quote. Alternatively, you can highlight part of the post in order to just quote that part.
This is a placeholder until I think of something more creative to put here.

VHBT
Posts: 50
Joined: Fri Mar 28, 2008 8:18 pm UTC

Re: "xkcd Loves the Discovery Channel" discussion

Postby VHBT » Fri Jun 27, 2008 5:27 am UTC

hideki101 wrote:panel 1:http://xkcd.com/162/
panel 2:http://xkcd.com/413/
Panel 3:http://xkcd.com/434/
panel 4:http://xkcd.com/239/http://xkcd.com/345/
panel 5:http://xkcd.com/152/
Panel 6:http://img.4chan.org/b/imgboard.html. no link this time
Panel 7:http://xkcd.com/150/
Panel 8:http://blag.xkcd.com/2008/02/27/ballpit-phase-ii/
Panel 9:http://xkcd.com/325/
Panel 10:http://xkcd.com/153/
Panel 11:http://xkcd.com/289/? maybe another one
Panel 12:http://xkcd.com/kite/
Panel 13:http://xkcd.com/256/
Panel 14:http://xkcd.com/8/http://xkcd.com/43/http://xkcd.com/427/
Panel 15:http://xkcd.com/303/
Panel 16:Damn. can't figure this one out.
Panel 17:http://blag.xkcd.com/2008/01/28/obama/
Panel 18:or this one. Has he ever mentioned transistors?
Panel 19:http://xkcd.com/69/?
Panel 20:http://xkcd.com/49/http://xkcd.com/279/http://xkcd.com/317/ There seems to be quite a few sister ones...
Panel 21:http://xkcd.com/249/
Panel 22:http://xkcd.com/291/
Panel 23:http://xkcd.com/108/
Panel 24:http://xkcd.com/409/

I don't know if I got any wrong though. Some aren't comics by the way.

I think panel 9 may also have something to do with http://xkcd.com/51/.
Panel 18 may have something to do with http://xkcd.com/227/.
Panel 22 is actually referring to http://xkcd.com/209/.
Other than that, they look right to me.

User avatar
espire
Posts: 108
Joined: Wed Feb 20, 2008 9:22 pm UTC

Re: "xkcd Loves the Discovery Channel" discussion

Postby espire » Fri Jun 27, 2008 5:27 am UTC

Robin S wrote:I don't think it originally used a piano, but it's your standard chord progression I-VIm-IV-V.

Alphaniner wrote:As far as the piano chords, C#-A#m-F#-G#

Apparently they're too cool for a normal chords sequence.


Bah, I envy you guys for your musical awesomeness. Anyway, this really would be a lot of fun to turn into a real song. If it materializes, I'll be sure to share it (parade it, more likely).
DANGER! RAPTORS! IT'S SAFE HERE

sje46
Posts: 4730
Joined: Wed May 14, 2008 4:41 am UTC
Location: New Hampshire

Re: "xkcd Loves the Discovery Channel" discussion

Postby sje46 » Fri Jun 27, 2008 5:28 am UTC

VHBT wrote:
sje46 wrote:And thanks to the guy who explained what a cache is for me. I don't really know how to quote more than one person on these fora.

Click the two separate quote buttons, copy one and paste it into the other. For example:

caitlin wrote:
VHBT wrote:That post is extremely self-contradictory.


... I don't understand?

"No one has taken the initiative..."
That stopped being true once you posted.

Thank you for explaining it to me.

Robin S wrote:Off-topic:

sje46 wrote:I don't really know how to quote more than one person on these fora.

The standard way to do it is as follows: when you're writing your post, scroll down and you'll see a list of recent posts. Each one has a "quote" button in the corner which will add the entire contents of that post into your text at the current cursor position as a quote. Alternatively, you can highlight part of the post in order to just quote that part.

Thank you as well, haha.
General_Norris: Taking pride in your nation is taking pride in the division of humanity.
Pirate.Bondage: Let's get married. Right now.

VHBT
Posts: 50
Joined: Fri Mar 28, 2008 8:18 pm UTC

Re: "xkcd Loves the Discovery Channel" discussion

Postby VHBT » Fri Jun 27, 2008 5:30 am UTC

sje46 wrote:
Robin S wrote:The standard way to do it is as follows: when you're writing your post, scroll down and you'll see a list of recent posts. Each one has a "quote" button in the corner which will add the entire contents of that post into your text at the current cursor position as a quote. Alternatively, you can highlight part of the post in order to just quote that part.

Thank you as well, haha.

I think his method is better. I just didn't realize that the forums had that feature.

Edit: I really need to stop taking up so much space on this thread.

sje46
Posts: 4730
Joined: Wed May 14, 2008 4:41 am UTC
Location: New Hampshire

Re: "xkcd Loves the Discovery Channel" discussion

Postby sje46 » Fri Jun 27, 2008 5:32 am UTC

VHBT wrote:I think panel 9 may also have something to do with http://xkcd.com/51/.
Panel 18 may have something to do with http://xkcd.com/227/.
Panel 22 is actually referring to http://xkcd.com/209/.
Other than that, they look right to me.

Panel 22
http://blag.xkcd.com/2008/01/28/obama/
Read the very end, in talics
General_Norris: Taking pride in your nation is taking pride in the division of humanity.
Pirate.Bondage: Let's get married. Right now.

bladesonfire
Posts: 1
Joined: Fri Jun 27, 2008 5:34 am UTC

Re: "xkcd Loves the Discovery Channel" discussion

Postby bladesonfire » Fri Jun 27, 2008 5:38 am UTC

I saw the Discovery Channel commercial for the first time because of this comic, and I must say, Discovery Channel has a lot of good shows. I laughed when I saw Adam lighting Jamie on fire. Same with the "I put on my robe and wizard hat". Used that one with my gf ;)

I love the Discovery Channel, too! And, of course, xkcd. Both make me have a good feeling inside :)
Last edited by bladesonfire on Fri Jun 27, 2008 5:48 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
MOSfette
Posts: 8
Joined: Mon May 07, 2007 7:55 am UTC

Re: "xkcd Loves the Discovery Channel" discussion

Postby MOSfette » Fri Jun 27, 2008 5:40 am UTC

Minchandre wrote:BJTs suck. MOSFETs forever!


Why thank you!

On a more comic related note, I have a friend who uses "Taft" as a safe word with her boyfriend. She said it was the least sexy thing they could come up with.
...can't sleep. Future will eat me.


Return to “Individual XKCD Comic Threads”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 38 guests