Shirts

Official site news [DEPRECATED]

Moderators: Prelates, Moderators General

Postby Misc » Thu Oct 26, 2006 11:33 am UTC

Where's that picture, Jesster? :)
Misc

Location: Dublin, Ireland. French. When I say "home", the meaning is random.

Postby MightyMouse » Thu Oct 26, 2006 12:32 pm UTC

Jumper can be used to mean a thicker woolly thing, but mostly people just use it interchangeably with sweater. Well, I say that, people don't usually use the word sweater but you know what I mean.

As far as raptor ones go, I'd imagine the thicker ones would be impossible to make but the thinner type still get my vote. Not hoodies though, too many bad connotations.

Edit: Just realised that you're english too! Guess it's just a regional thing or some such then.
MightyMouse

Postby Jesse » Thu Oct 26, 2006 5:47 pm UTC

Camera needs new batteries. Don't get paid until tomorrow :(
Jesse
Vocal Terrorist

Re: moebius ring

Postby LE4dGOLEM » Mon Oct 30, 2006 11:19 am UTC

bluestocking wrote:Ooh, I hope my shirt has been shipped and that Royal Mail doesn't nick it!

Re: moebius stuff: I have a silver moebius ring, which is utterly fab. The people that make it have discontinued it, apparently, but I think there's still a few floating about. I love this ring -- brilliant design.

But it's not as cool as a WWED bracelet.

A WWED Bracelet would HAVE to be one of a hand with a pencil pointing to your own hand
Image Une See Fights - crayon super-ish hero webcomic!
Spoiler:
Nullcline wrote:What a colossal waste of stupidity.
fjafjan wrote:I got quite a lot of "batter" left
natraj wrote:skydiving is p fun (in this respect it is almost exactly unlike centipedes)
doogly wrote:Oh, I like everything!
LE4dGOLEM
is unique......wait, no!!!!

Postby Jack Saladin » Mon Oct 30, 2006 8:09 pm UTC

Ephphatha wrote:I don't suppose there is any way to buy these shirts without using paypal? I have no interest in ever setting up an account.

It's not very hard, you just type in your name, address, and credit card number like you would for any other method of buying it. You're not going to find some other way that involves you doing anything different.

Also; I want an XKCD design on a hoodie NAO!
Jack Saladin
X is kiss

Postby Ephphatha » Mon Oct 30, 2006 10:23 pm UTC

Ok. Now assume I don't have or have access to a credit card. And can't set one up.

(I pay for everything I buy online by depositing money into the sellers bank account. Everything. Nintek and Scorptec encourage it.)
I'm not lazy, I'm just getting in early for Christmas is all...
Ephphatha

Postby Jack Saladin » Tue Oct 31, 2006 4:22 am UTC

Well, if you don't have a credit card then your buying ability over the internet is severely crippled.

I just used my mums one. >.>
Jack Saladin
X is kiss

Postby Jesse » Wed Nov 08, 2006 9:28 pm UTC

Picture time!

Shy

ScienceFront

Science Back

Proletariat
Jesse
Vocal Terrorist

Postby LE4dGOLEM » Tue Nov 14, 2006 7:00 pm UTC

That's.... hardcore. Now all I need is money.

What's the going rate for a raptor-repellant rock these days? Here I have such a rock. Do you see any raptors? No? THan it must work! Save yourself from the Raptors, buy a RRR (Triple R, 3R, R-cubed...) today!
Image Une See Fights - crayon super-ish hero webcomic!
Spoiler:
Nullcline wrote:What a colossal waste of stupidity.
fjafjan wrote:I got quite a lot of "batter" left
natraj wrote:skydiving is p fun (in this respect it is almost exactly unlike centipedes)
doogly wrote:Oh, I like everything!
LE4dGOLEM
is unique......wait, no!!!!

Postby rachel » Tue Nov 14, 2006 7:42 pm UTC

I would like that "just shy" shirt, because it is the truth! I am just very shy, and you can talk to me! Sometimes, though, people do talk to me. But it is mostly boys. And they mostly say inappropriate things.

Also, I always thought it was funny in school when people would say x to the third because even I knew it was x cubed and I am horrendous with maths.
rachel
Witch (?)

Postby hermaj » Sat Nov 18, 2006 6:04 am UTC

Yay! I have ordered my "Just Shy" and "Witty" shirts! I am pretty excited. Also I apologised for turning the Nash thread into a thread about shoes. Shoes are pretty awesome, but I guess Nash also is awesome. I think. Shirts are more awesome!

Anyway, I cannot wait until they come and I can show them both off. Maybe I will take pictures and post them up! :D
hermaj

Postby aldimond » Sat Nov 18, 2006 6:16 am UTC

I considered ordering a "just shy" shirt, and then I did a thought experiment.

I thought, "What would I do if I saw someone wearing that shirt?"

I would look at the shirt, stare at it for a bit, stare at the dude wearing it for a bit, think, "That's cool, it's by the XKCD dude, and shy people rock!" And then I would be like, "I should mention how cool that shirt that is to the dude, and that I am also an XKCD fanatic, wooooo!" and then I would retort to myself, "Naw, the dude will just think I'm creepy," and then I'd walk away and be sad the rest of the day, and then I'd drink and listen to the Mountain Goats.

The result of the thought experiment is that I clearly am antisocial and not just shy. So I can't wear that shirt.
One of these days my desk is going to collapse in the middle and all its weight will come down on my knee and tear my new fake ACL. It could be tomorrow. This is my concern.
aldimond
Otter-duck

Previous

Return to News