Mafia Crazy Round

For your simulated organized crime needs.

Moderators: jestingrabbit, Prelates, Moderators General

Re: Mafia Crazy Round

Postby Gojoe » Sun Jul 20, 2008 11:55 pm UTC

Actually my role is spy. I can read spoilers :shock: :shock: :shock:
I mean my role is split personality. I have to change my role once a day... At least
michaelandjimi wrote:Oh Mr Gojoe
I won't make fun of your mojo.
Though in this fora I serenade you
I really only do it to aid you.
*Various positive comments on your masculinity
That continue on into infinity*

Feeble accompanying guitar.
Gojoe

Postby Silknor » Mon Jul 21, 2008 12:02 am UTC

I warned you what can happen when you suggest strange roles, but you just didn't listen, DID YOU?!

I think a role of split personality (mod may randomly change alignment and night powers for this player every sundown) could be great fun for a Crazy game, each personality could have a different post restriction.
Nikc wrote:Silknor is the JJ Abrams of mafia modding
Silknor

Postby Gojoe » Mon Jul 21, 2008 12:08 am UTC

OK, I will stop my making up of random roles. except this one: I am actually a sheep. I choose someone to "investigate" but instead of just learning there role i become that role as well :shock:

Gojoe

Postby Megatriorchis » Mon Jul 21, 2008 1:42 am UTC

:(

I would've baked TMP a pie before you guys had him burnt to a crisp.....
The Humanity for the Undead Coalition: Bringing Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness to the Undead and Other Supernatural Humanoids. Zombies don't eat people; people eat people!
Megatriorchis

Postby Gojoe » Mon Jul 21, 2008 1:44 am UTC

Well, we can now bake him INTO a pie...

Gojoe

Postby Megatriorchis » Mon Jul 21, 2008 1:50 am UTC

We'll call it "The Moo Pie".
The Humanity for the Undead Coalition: Bringing Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness to the Undead and Other Supernatural Humanoids. Zombies don't eat people; people eat people!
Megatriorchis

Postby Gojoe » Mon Jul 21, 2008 1:51 am UTC

It would be delicious. Now we just have to figure out who's name is the tastiest... I think moo pie wins though...

Gojoe

Postby Azrael001 » Mon Jul 21, 2008 1:53 am UTC

I don't know, "mega-pie" sounds pretty awesome.
Azrael001

Postby Silknor » Mon Jul 21, 2008 1:57 am UTC

There-is-no-pie.
Silknor

Postby Megatriorchis » Mon Jul 21, 2008 2:03 am UTC

Pie001
Megatriorchis

Postby jakeyizle » Mon Jul 21, 2008 2:04 am UTC

Pieizle?
"When one person suffers from a delusion it is called insanity. When many people suffer from a delusion it is called religion."
Robert Pirsig
jakeyizle

Postby Gojoe » Mon Jul 21, 2008 2:04 am UTC

Silky pie? Lynch the mod just so we can have silky pie?

Gojoe

Postby Megatriorchis » Mon Jul 21, 2008 2:10 am UTC

Mmmm....silk pie.

That sounds delicious.
Megatriorchis

Postby MartinW » Mon Jul 21, 2008 5:32 am UTC

PieW?
MartinW

Postby willwithskills » Mon Jul 21, 2008 5:47 am UTC

willwithpie

piewithskills

Either of those are incredibly appetizing to me.
So it goes.

Dromtry wrote:
willwithskills wrote: I colored sufficiently large purpose on my tail end.

You have a large red hiney?
willwithskills

Postby Silknor » Mon Jul 21, 2008 5:57 am UTC

Knowing the war between townies and mobsters was down to the wire, the townspeople got up early to investigate The Moo Prophet. Altering their normal travel order, they went first to his house. In the fridge they found enough Moo Pies (which turned out to be quite similar to Shepard's Pie unsurprisingly) to go around, and they all thanked their dearly departed breakfast caterer. Since these were in his house and his body was left up the hill with the dragon, they figured it would be safe to eat these. They then headed over to the friendly neighborhood dragon, who was starting to go soft with the town bringing food to him every day. In the pile of ashes they found what could only be The Moo Prophet's smoking gun, which was inscribed with "'Justice' Crusader". This was the first good lynch news the town had gotten so far, and high above the ghost of There-is-no-spoon was smiling. The celebration didn't last long though, a scream cut it off suddenly, and so the towns people went to Willwithskill's house. There was no mistaking it, he had been shot, and upon examining him, the townspeople realized he looked very similar to another living townie, if only they could remember who. The angry mob seeking vengeance (no doubt led by the sibling of Willwithskills) did not form till all the Moo Pie had been consumed though, it was just too good.

The Moo Prophet, a member of the "Justice" Crusader Mafia, is dead.
Willwithskills, a sibling, is dead.
Gojoe, whose role cannot yet be revealed, has finally eaten some pie in a Mafia game where he is still alive.

This may be lynch or lose. It depends on Gojoe's role, if the Hobo lives if targeted, and if you lynch the sibling or not (who will otherwise commit suicide tonight).
Silknor

Postby Silknor » Mon Jul 21, 2008 6:01 am UTC

It is certainly possible for this round to be over within 24 hours. If you are interested in a second Crazy round, or some smaller/quicker Mafia round, head over to the discussion thread. Depending on the format I can at least setup and co-mod for the first few days another game.
Silknor

Postby willwithskills » Mon Jul 21, 2008 6:01 am UTC

I bequeath all my Piewithskills to my beloved, and unnamed, sibling. Enjoy! No, other townies, you can't have any. Except Martin because he is probably a townie. Anyway, I'm gonna shut up and start haunting your asses. Neiner neener!
So it goes.

Dromtry wrote:
willwithskills wrote: I colored sufficiently large purpose on my tail end.

You have a large red hiney?
willwithskills

Postby Megatriorchis » Mon Jul 21, 2008 6:12 am UTC

Bye, Willy!

I point the great and glorious FoS at Azrael001.

MartinW can't be Mafia, because of this:

MartinW wrote:Because of that it's pointless hiding anymore. I'm the hobo. I intentionally dropped some Lie Detector tells to get them to waste their night kill. It seems my deception has worked.

And we don't know Gojoe's alignment, and he could be town-aligned or Mafia-aligned. And I know I'm definitely not with the Mafia.

So...

Vote: Azrael001

There's one goon left and I think it's 001.
Last edited by Megatriorchis on Mon Jul 21, 2008 6:16 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Megatriorchis

Postby Megatriorchis » Mon Jul 21, 2008 6:14 am UTC

How many votes does it take to lynch today?
Megatriorchis

Postby Silknor » Mon Jul 21, 2008 6:15 am UTC

4 players. 3 Votes to lynch.
Silknor

Postby Megatriorchis » Mon Jul 21, 2008 6:16 am UTC

Damn, this is going to be a hard one. :|
Megatriorchis

Postby MartinW » Mon Jul 21, 2008 6:45 am UTC

I have great news. I found the last mafia! It's Azrael001. I took a calculated risk and slept at his house (because of a gut feeling) and he left it and came back.

I think now only mafia leave their house. Because the Lie Detector and Jack of two trades are dead and the siblings and lyncher don't leave.

Vote: Azrael001
MartinW

Postby Gojoe » Mon Jul 21, 2008 8:09 am UTC

VOTE:Azrael001 Sorry t-shirt ninja. I will miss you

Gojoe

Postby Gojoe » Mon Jul 21, 2008 8:25 am UTC

Azrael001 was strung up and was a baddie, and the 3 remaining townies lived, and the sibling did not commit suicide because of how happy (s)he was. And then we had pie001

/not real

Gojoe

Postby Azrael001 » Mon Jul 21, 2008 1:41 pm UTC

Ugh, I didn't even get a chance to post.
Azrael001

Postby Silknor » Mon Jul 21, 2008 2:50 pm UTC

The 3 townies overpowered Azrael001 and carried him up the hill. There the now fully tamed dragon just sat there, no roars or anything. After a little prodding the dragon got riled up enough to actually roast Azrael001. When he did so something fell from Azrael001's pocket, a gun inscribed with "'Justice' Crusader Mafia." Megatriorchis and MartinW starting cheering, but then turned their eyes to Gojoe, worrying that maybe this wasn't over yet. Gojoe stared right back at them, his icy stare noticeably lowering the temperature of the village. This lasted all for about 5 seconds before Gojoe broke out laughing and admitted he was pro-town. And so the 3 townies headed down to Azrael001's house and found a large supply of Moo Pie. And there was much rejoicing. Of course, happiest of all was the defeated mayoral candidate who had killed the mayor and magistrate then framed the Mafia to eliminate his primary opponent. He got the position of Mayor the next day.

Azrael001 has been lynched, he was "'Justice' Crusader Mafia."

The Pro-Town Forces have won.

MartinW was the Hobo.
Megatriorchis was the other Sibling (and the lynchee).
Gojoe was the Just Lyncher (Pro-Town).

Just Lyncher is a role I created for this game. He was told Blast was the lyncher, Megatriorchis was the lynchee and was pro-town. His primary goal was to lynch Blast before Mega got lynched, but when Blast was night killed his main goal became to protect Megatriorchis from being lynched. All through this he was pro-town, he just had other goals that mattered more to him (just like the lyncher). He had no night powers and was not allowed to roleclaim or mention this role.

My Mod Sheet (spoilered for length):
Spoiler:
Lyncher: Blast
Just Lyncher: Gojoe (added mid day 1, role was secret)

Lynchee: Megatriorchis

Lie Detector: There-is-no-spoon

Hobo: MartinW

Jack of Two Trades: Tigion

Sibling: Willwithskills
Sibling: Megatriorchis

Mafia Name: Justice Crusaders
Mafia: Azrael001
Mafia: The Moo Prophet

NIGHT 1:
LYNCHED: Tigion, 5 votes for him, 3 for Megatroirchis

Hobo: Stays at The Moo Prophet's House
Lie Detector: The Moo Prophet's post: "I am on the town side" was the lie, the rest of that post was questions/opinion

Mafia: Send Azrael001 to Kill MartinW, this misses the hobo

Night 2:
LYNCHED: There-is-no-spoon

Mafia: The Moo Prophet kills Blast
Hobo: Stays at willwithskills

Night 3:
LYNCHED: The Moo Prophet

Mafia: Azrael Kills Willwithskills
Hobo: Stays at Azrael001's house

Town wins

Night 3 analysis:

Azrael001 I think played quite well, but he was in a very difficult decision night 3. There were 4 townies and 1 mobster (he didn't know if Gojoe was town or independent, but there's not much difference for him). He didn't know it but MartinW was at his house that night. But ignoring that information, he only had only one option. He had to not make a kill. It would not have been easy to come to this strategy, it seems counter-intuitive, but he could not have won by killing anyone tonight.

If he killed Gojoe, then he knew there would be two siblings alive in the morning and then the only way to win would've been to convince the town to lynch the roleclaiming Hobo (to his credit, he initially had selected Gojoe, but switched his target).

If he killed MartinW, then the siblings would be unlynchable (they control 2 of 4 votes). The siblings would know Azrael was mafia because there was still one mob spot that Gojoe couldn't have (even if Gojoe was a mobster, Azrael still had to be since there were 2 before Gojoe was added). Thus it'd either stalemate with 2 for Azrael 2 for WWS (until Gojoe gave up and switched) or Azrael would be lynched.

If he killed Mega, he may have been able to win (again, excluding MartinW seeing him leave his house, which he could not have known). WWS would know that Azrael is Mafia (since MartinW was roleclaiming) and Azrael could win by getting WWS lynched. This would've turned out to have failed since Martin would know Azrael left his house, so there would be 2 votes against, so Gojoe would eventually probably follow suit). Had MartinW been at Gojoe's or Mega's house, Azrael may have been able to win by killing Mega and getting everyone to lynch WWS.

If he made no kill, then he'd have a chance of blending in still, he wouldn't have known this, but MartinW would be able to vouch for him (though he could've won here with or without Martin's vouch for him). Mega couldn't be lynched because both WWS and Gojoe would know they are innocent. It would look like someone tried to make a kill, either WWS or Azrael, but was prevented by Gojoe's night powers. MartinW would've likely led the debate over to WWS by saying Azrael didn't leave. But even removing MartinW from the discussion for now, there's basically a 50 percent chance that WWS would be lynched, vs a very high chance that Azrael would be lynched if he killed WWS (actually 100 percent since Martin did end up staying at Azrael's or Mega's instead of WWS' or Gojoe's). If WWS was lynched, Azrael001 would be almost positive that Mega would commit suicide that night, so he could kill Gojoe, and it'd be 1-1 in the morning so he'd win.

So the only way Azrael could win was by making no kill. He could not have known this of course, since he couldn't know that MartinW was at his house (and that if he killed a sibling, Martin wouldn't be at the other siblings house, in which case Martin and the sibling would know Azrael was Mafia). It is possible for someone with his knowledge to come to this conclusion but not very likely, because instinct dictates killing someone, and not asking if you should anyone or not.
Last edited by Silknor on Mon Jul 21, 2008 2:58 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Silknor

Postby Silknor » Mon Jul 21, 2008 2:56 pm UTC

It was a great game to watch and was very interesting. The level of play by all here was quite impressive.
Silknor

Postby The Moo Prophet » Mon Jul 21, 2008 2:58 pm UTC

Well, if we had kill Willwithskills on night one, like I had wanted to, it would have been a very different game. Tell 'em Silknor, that was my first choice.
The Moo Prophet

Postby Silknor » Mon Jul 21, 2008 3:02 pm UTC

That was your first choice, and there are certainly ways the Mafia could've won if they targeted a sibling, things would be mostly the same otherwise since no-spoon would still suicide to kill off TMP. The Mafia probably would've won too by killing the Lie Detector on night 1 (instead of MartinW, who was trying to get the Mafia to think he was the lie detector, which worked).

Head over the the discussion thread people if you're interested in another round before Round 5 ends.
Silknor

Postby Tigerlion » Mon Jul 21, 2008 3:38 pm UTC

Woo! Good Job guys! Is this the first town victory?
Tigerlion
The Communist formerly known as Tigion

Postby Silknor » Mon Jul 21, 2008 3:50 pm UTC

First time yep, unless the town-side won that Pirates vs Ninja or something game that was a while ago.
Silknor

Postby There-is-no-spoon » Mon Jul 21, 2008 4:25 pm UTC

Yes! Victory for the Town! MartinW deception worked and saved us a Mafia kill. Well done MartinW!
There-is-no-spoon

Postby Gojoe » Mon Jul 21, 2008 7:25 pm UTC

HAHA! I knew it because i knew mega's role, and I "knew" martin's role (well i trusted him) so it only left azrael001.

Gojoe

Postby Azrael001 » Mon Jul 21, 2008 11:29 pm UTC

I forgot how few people were left, I actually went to bed with Joe as my target, and suddenly realized who must be the siblings, which would end with my death. I had hoped to have Mega lynched today. I should have listened to TMP.
Azrael001

Postby Gojoe » Tue Jul 22, 2008 12:06 am UTC

If you had killed me, the other 2 would still of voted for you. The hobo slept outside your house.

Gojoe

Postby Azrael001 » Tue Jul 22, 2008 12:29 am UTC

Last night I was doomed. I was talking about before.
Azrael001

Postby Silknor » Tue Jul 22, 2008 12:31 am UTC

As I posted above, given that MartinW investigated him, the only way he could win was by abstaining from killing. He would've had a decent chance if he abstained and MartinW wasn't at his or WWS' house, but he'd most likely win if he abstained and MartinW was at his house.
Silknor

Previous

Return to Mafia