0285: "Wikipedian Protester"

This forum is for the individual discussion thread that goes with each new comic.

Moderators: Magistrates, Prelates, Moderators General

Postby parkaboy » Thu Jul 05, 2007 8:14 am UTC

diamonds wrote:Is that a finger?


hehehe thats the first thing i noticed, the politician point.
Image

Back in our day we had to walk uphill both ways through the snow on fire without feet to get fucking terrible relationship advice from disinterested and socially maladjusted nerds. Belial
User avatar
parkaboy
who dwells between the borders of time
 
Posts: 5539
Joined: Sun Jun 17, 2007 1:17 am UTC
Location: la-la land

Postby arbivark » Thu Jul 05, 2007 8:18 am UTC

_sandswipe_ wrote:I'm halfway through reading 1984 right now, and while it's a great book for scaring people away from facism... Neither one really seems to be quite as on the mark as another book written in 2003, Down and Out in the Magic Kingdom. It's not old enough and the author (Cory Doctorow) isn't quite famous enough in the mainstream for it to be a classic, but the way it presents the entire world as a utopia of ideas rather then one of uniformity (1984) or shallow pleasures (Brave New World) is really fascinating. Honestly though I just want it to get on some school's reading list to see how long it takes for parents to catch on that the society is called Bitchun.

I'm going to look for posterboard and a blue marker now.

If you haven't read Brave New World or 1984-
http://www.truly-free.org/

If you haven't read Magic Kingdom-
http://craphound.com/down/download.php


I'm a fan of both orwell and doctorow.
Some people might not know Orwell wrote "Down and Out in Paris and London". http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Down_and_O ... and_London
It's about a level of poverty most of us have never seen, much less experienced.
User avatar
arbivark
 
Posts: 531
Joined: Wed May 23, 2007 5:29 am UTC

Postby Melkarion » Thu Jul 05, 2007 8:38 am UTC

wanderer wrote:
Ren wrote:To be completely honest, I find "Brave New World" to be a better reflection of Western (do people still use that term?) society than "1984". I still love both books, though.

I can see this, though its not nearly as scary.


I agree with Rem. I honestly hadn't thought of it in those terms before, but I feel as though most of what I dislike about our US political system (I'll confine myself to the one I know... but I do mean the entire system, not just the current political "winners") boils down to this difference. It's more of a semantic sleight of hand than blatant coercion, and it explains why I can never convince myself that my friends who have strong party preferences are being entirely realistic.

Honestly though, isn't it a little frightening that Huxley's world *is* less frightening? Shouldn't we be as scared of being led around by our gonads as of being driven by fear of death/torture? It's all just the exploitation of instinct over reason in either case. Sure, gonads are undoubtedly better than torture in and of themselves... but coercion is still coercion, right? Would we be content to knuckle under if only the guys telling the lies could make them all happy lies?

Now Rem and Wanderer have gone and made me fear for the fate of humanity. Ho hum.
User avatar
Melkarion
 
Posts: 85
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2007 7:39 am UTC

Postby German Sausage » Thu Jul 05, 2007 8:57 am UTC

arbivark wrote:
_sandswipe_ wrote:I'm halfway through reading 1984 right now, and while it's a great book for scaring people away from facism... Neither one really seems to be quite as on the mark as another book written in 2003, Down and Out in the Magic Kingdom. It's not old enough and the author (Cory Doctorow) isn't quite famous enough in the mainstream for it to be a classic, but the way it presents the entire world as a utopia of ideas rather then one of uniformity (1984) or shallow pleasures (Brave New World) is really fascinating. Honestly though I just want it to get on some school's reading list to see how long it takes for parents to catch on that the society is called Bitchun.

I'm going to look for posterboard and a blue marker now.

If you haven't read Brave New World or 1984-
http://www.truly-free.org/

If you haven't read Magic Kingdom-
http://craphound.com/down/download.php


I'm a fan of both orwell and doctorow.
Some people might not know Orwell wrote "Down and Out in Paris and London". http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Down_and_O ... and_London
It's about a level of poverty most of us have never seen, much less experienced.

that book is my inspiration for living in europe (for a week or so in their summer - i'm not crazy). i read it about five times in year 12.
<bakemaster> Only German Sausage can prevent forest fires
<felstaff> Hype is like a giant disappointment ray aimed squarely at the finished article.
<watson> Treat me like a criminal, Holmes!
TMT4L
User avatar
German Sausage
3 of 5
 
Posts: 2933
Joined: Mon Jan 01, 2007 9:45 am UTC

Postby voodooKobra » Thu Jul 05, 2007 9:57 am UTC

apocralypse wrote:
diamonds wrote:Is that a finger?


hehehe thats the first thing i noticed, the politician point.

And that's also why I made this:
Image
If you need to reach me, email kobrasrealm@gmail.com

in b4 spam

Kobra's Corner - My horribly-written opinions that aren't worth reading. Seriously; you're better off reading Nietzsche translated into myspace user lingo.
User avatar
voodooKobra
You just....
 
Posts: 159
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2007 4:34 am UTC

Postby mybadluck22 » Thu Jul 05, 2007 1:04 pm UTC

Personally, my favorite part of any wikipedia article is the following from

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zords_in_M ... #Ultrazord
Note: On a few occasions, an Ultrazord was summoned when its necessity was questionable at best, often this was used against monsters that were too tough for the Megazord and Dragonzord, but probably not the Dragonzord Battle Mode[neutrality disputed].


Wikipedia can make anything sound serious.
User avatar
mybadluck22
 
Posts: 26
Joined: Mon Feb 26, 2007 5:16 pm UTC

Postby Sprocket » Thu Jul 05, 2007 1:44 pm UTC

motor_ola wrote:This is not the first comic to show fingers. [1]

1.^ http://xkcd.com/c156.html


Though it is one of the better ones in a couple weeks.



Sinisterff wrote:Also, it would be pretty funny that the guy puts a "The neutrality of this speech it disputed" or "This Speech is too short, please help the people expanding it" on second tought it may be "This speech is too long..."


Some how that just made me think [My spoon is too big.[1]] but yeah, that would be awesome, and if you were a famous computer programer, you might get your picture in "life imitating XKCD"

1.^http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-2181738751760473527
"She’s a free spirit, a wind-rider, she’s at one with nature, and walks with the kodama eidolons”
ImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Sprocket
Seymour
 
Posts: 5736
Joined: Mon Mar 26, 2007 6:04 pm UTC
Location: impaled on Beck's boney hips.

Postby william » Thu Jul 05, 2007 4:53 pm UTC

mybadluck22 wrote:Personally, my favorite part of any wikipedia article is the following from

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zords_in_M ... #Ultrazord
Note: On a few occasions, an Ultrazord was summoned when its necessity was questionable at best, often this was used against monsters that were too tough for the Megazord and Dragonzord, but probably not the Dragonzord Battle Mode[neutrality disputed].


Wikipedia can make anything sound serious.

Except Jack Thompson. That is probably one of the most cited Wikipedia articles due to the fact that everything it says is incredibly outlandish.
SecondTalon wrote:A pile of shit can call itself a delicious pie, but that doesn't make it true.
User avatar
william
Not a Raptor. Honest.
 
Posts: 2418
Joined: Sat Oct 14, 2006 5:02 pm UTC
Location: Chapel Hill, NC

Postby ehiunno » Thu Jul 05, 2007 5:29 pm UTC

william wrote:Except Jack Thompson. That is probably one of the most cited Wikipedia articles due to the fact that everything he says is incredibly outlandish.


fix'd
ehiunno
 
Posts: 220
Joined: Mon Jun 25, 2007 3:46 pm UTC
Location: NN, VA

Postby Omniferous » Thu Jul 05, 2007 5:45 pm UTC

Image
Shot at 2007-07-05

Found here.

I find this just lovely.
User avatar
Omniferous
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2007 4:56 am UTC

Postby Alpha Omicron » Thu Jul 05, 2007 6:53 pm UTC

I don't think policy pages need citations, do they?
Here is a link to a page which leverages aggregation of my tweetbook social blogomedia.
User avatar
Alpha Omicron
 
Posts: 2765
Joined: Thu May 10, 2007 1:07 pm UTC

Postby LE4dGOLEM » Thu Jul 05, 2007 7:13 pm UTC

double entendre wrote:
ArmonSore wrote:I agree! I really wish that politicians would cite their sources! That would pretty much be the greatest thing to happen to modern politics.

Yes.

The troops here and across the world are fighting a global war on terror. The war reached our shores on September the 11th, 2001[citation needed]. The terrorists who attacked us -- and the terrorists we face -- murder in the name of a totalitarian ideology that hates freedom,[citation needed] rejects tolerance,[citation needed] and despises all dissent[citation needed]. Their aim is to remake the Middle East in their own grim image of tyranny and oppression[citation needed] -- by toppling governments, by driving us out of the region, and by exporting terror.

To achieve these aims, they have continued to kill -- in Madrid, Istanbul, Jakarta, Casablanca, Riyadh, Bali, and elsewhere. The terrorists believe that free societies are essentially corrupt and decadent,[citation needed] and with a few hard blows they can force us to retreat[citation needed]. They are mistaken. After September the 11th, I made a commitment to the American people: This nation will not wait to be attacked again[citation needed]. We will defend our freedom[citation needed]. We will take the fight to the enemy.

Iraq is the latest battlefield in this war. Many terrorists who kill innocent men, women, and children on the streets of Baghdad are followers of the same murderous ideology that took the lives of our citizens in New York, in Washington, and Pennsylvania[citation needed]. There is only one course of action against them[citation needed]: to defeat them abroad before they attack us at home[citation needed]. The commander in charge of coalition operations in Iraq -- who is also senior commander at this base -- General John Vines, put it well the other day. He said: "We either deal with terrorism and this extremism abroad, or we deal with it when it comes to us."[1]

Our mission in Iraq is clear[citation needed]. We're hunting down the terrorists[citation needed]. We're helping Iraqis build a free nation[citation needed] that is an ally in the war on terror[citation needed]. We're advancing freedom in the broader Middle East[citation needed]. We are removing a source of violence and instability,[citation needed] and laying the foundation of peace for our children and our grandchildren[citation needed].

The work in Iraq is difficult and it is dangerous. Like most Americans, I see the images of violence and bloodshed[citation needed]. Every picture is horrifying, and the suffering is real. Amid all this violence, I know Americans ask the question: Is the sacrifice worth it? It is worth it[citation needed], and it is vital to the future security of our country. And tonight I will explain the reasons why.



Needs NPOV and weasel word tags.
Image Une See Fights - crayon super-ish hero webcomic!
Spoiler:
Nullcline wrote:What a colossal waste of stupidity.
fjafjan wrote:I got quite a lot of "batter" left
natraj wrote:skydiving is p fun (in this respect it is almost exactly unlike centipedes)
doogly wrote:Oh, I like everything!
User avatar
LE4dGOLEM
is unique......wait, no!!!!
 
Posts: 5958
Joined: Thu Oct 12, 2006 7:10 pm UTC
Location: :uoıʇɐɔol

Postby teh_internut » Thu Jul 05, 2007 8:41 pm UTC

this one was ok ... but there are tons of funny things about wikipedia ... graffiti ... orphaned pages ... etc. etc.
User avatar
teh_internut
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Sat Jun 09, 2007 6:59 am UTC

Postby jsnipe » Thu Jul 05, 2007 8:54 pm UTC

justbecause wrote:
I hope you didn't store it at the Ministry of Truth...



+1, insightful
Bite me. Better yet; hold still.
User avatar
jsnipe
 
Posts: 14
Joined: Wed May 09, 2007 2:25 pm UTC

Postby jsnipe » Thu Jul 05, 2007 8:56 pm UTC

el sjaako wrote:I want a T-shirt that says .[citation needed].

That would be awesome.


I would love one that simply says:

CITATION
Bite me. Better yet; hold still.
User avatar
jsnipe
 
Posts: 14
Joined: Wed May 09, 2007 2:25 pm UTC

Postby Aufero » Thu Jul 05, 2007 10:19 pm UTC

I registered just to say that I'd buy a T-shirt of the mouseover text:

SEMI-PROTECT THE CONSTITUTION
Aufero
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2007 10:15 pm UTC

Postby Rockapotamus » Thu Jul 05, 2007 11:38 pm UTC

I totally want to make a stencil saying [citation needed], and go around spray painting billboards.
This is the end of the post.
User avatar
Rockapotamus
 
Posts: 63
Joined: Fri Mar 16, 2007 8:38 pm UTC
Location: RVA

Postby voodooKobra » Fri Jul 06, 2007 1:43 am UTC

Omniferous wrote:Image
Shot at 2007-07-05

Found here.

I find this just lovely.

Hahahaha!
If you need to reach me, email kobrasrealm@gmail.com

in b4 spam

Kobra's Corner - My horribly-written opinions that aren't worth reading. Seriously; you're better off reading Nietzsche translated into myspace user lingo.
User avatar
voodooKobra
You just....
 
Posts: 159
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2007 4:34 am UTC

Postby ehiunno » Fri Jul 06, 2007 2:18 pm UTC

Alpha Omicron wrote:I don't think policy pages need citations, do they?


its not a policy page.
ehiunno
 
Posts: 220
Joined: Mon Jun 25, 2007 3:46 pm UTC
Location: NN, VA

Stickers

Postby BenFrantzDale » Fri Jul 06, 2007 2:49 pm UTC

Here are some [citation needed] stickers and, for good measure, some POV stickers as well.

Or print your own: citation needed and POV.
BenFrantzDale
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Fri Jul 06, 2007 1:51 pm UTC

Postby ++$- » Sat Jul 07, 2007 6:23 am UTC

TigerX wrote:Meh... This is one of the things I really HATE about Wikipedia's state today. There are articles where EVERY line is marked with [citation needed]. It just makes the article unreadable.

Can it not be left up to the reader to notice when things are cited and when they are not? Seriously, why isn't the burden of determining the reliability of the information not on the reader of the Wikipedia? Shouldn't you ALWAYS take everything you read on an encyclopedia anyone can edit with a grain of salt? [/rant]
It's not there for the readers as much as for the editors. When I edit an article, the first thing I do is find sources for things that aren't yet sourced, or fail to do so and remove the assertion. The [citation needed] tags are helpful in doing that.
++$-
 
Posts: 18
Joined: Wed May 02, 2007 10:14 pm UTC
Location: SF Bay Area

Re: "Wikipedian Protester" Discussion

Postby smayper » Tue Nov 20, 2007 6:05 pm UTC

Alberto Gonzales came here to the University of Florida last night mainly to talk about choosing a career in public service, and some students a few rows behind me jumped up mid-speech and displayed a [citation needed] banner in the aisle. Just figured y'all might get a kick out of it.

Picture
smayper
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue Nov 20, 2007 5:58 pm UTC

Re:

Postby Keroppi » Wed Nov 21, 2007 9:04 pm UTC

wanderer wrote:If politicians had to cite their sources, they would be unable to become career politicians.

After all, politicians rely on emotion and not logic to get things done. [citation needed] The most useful emotion to manipulate voters is fear. [citation needed]

Think about it.

Just like Orwell's Big Brother, [citation needed] current politicians use fear and faceless enemies to ensure that their agendas can be followed. [citation needed] Agendas that seem more and more driven to ensure certain politicians remain in power and that the common people are kept much like mushrooms (fed shit and kept in the dark). [citation needed]

Orwell's 1984 should be required reading for everyone at the high school level, due to the startling comparisons between its world and ours. [citation needed] I tried to teach it this past year (inclusion English classes with the seniors!), but the school set had gone missing. I now suspect that it had been purposefully removed from the school (and copies from the library) to PREVENT easy access to the students. [citation needed]

Seriously, go read this book - ESPECIALLY if you are an American.



Although I believe you've got a point, I'm not sure whether or not your example completely applies. I think there's a big difference between opinions and facts. I think the rule should be, state the facts, with citations, then state your opinions about these facts, and no citations are needed. Thus, your audience is capable of digesting the real facts, and then deciding whether or not your opinions follow.
User avatar
Keroppi
 
Posts: 121
Joined: Thu Jul 19, 2007 6:37 am UTC
Location: Chi-town/EP, TX

Re: "Wikipedian Protester" Discussion

Postby aco » Tue Jul 22, 2008 8:50 pm UTC

Long time lurker, first time poster.
Saw this at Uni, it's some ad for Sony headphones:
Image

:lol:
aco
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2008 10:25 am UTC

Re: "Wikipedian Protester" Discussion

Postby nyeguy » Wed Jul 23, 2008 4:15 am UTC

aco wrote:Long time lurker, first time poster.
Saw this at Uni, it's some ad for Sony headphones:
Image

:lol:

I'm disappointed. It should be in blue.
Image
User avatar
nyeguy
 
Posts: 580
Joined: Sat Aug 04, 2007 5:59 pm UTC

Re: "Wikipedian Protester" Discussion

Postby Southwest » Sun Aug 10, 2008 8:04 am UTC

I saw this today while randomly bouncing around Wikipedia. I had spent probably the better part of an hour reading about mines, IEDs, booby traps, and various and sundry types of bombs, just out of pure curiosity. Then, realizing how suspicious that would look to Big Brother, I adjusted my tinfoil hat and looked at something else.

Wikipedia editors wrote:Many stalls offer cuddly toys as prizes — many teenage romances are established at funfairs, where thrill rides provide ample excuse for embracing[citation needed].

(Emphasis, of course, mine.)

I just couldn't believe it. Too far, Wikipedia, too far!
User avatar
Southwest
 
Posts: 83
Joined: Mon Sep 10, 2007 6:01 am UTC

Re: "Wikipedian Protester" Discussion

Postby trvsdrlng » Sun Aug 10, 2008 8:56 pm UTC

Southwest wrote:I saw this today while randomly bouncing around Wikipedia. I had spent probably the better part of an hour reading about mines, IEDs, booby traps, and various and sundry types of bombs, just out of pure curiosity. Then, realizing how suspicious that would look to Big Brother, I adjusted my tinfoil hat and looked at something else.

Wikipedia editors wrote:Many stalls offer cuddly toys as prizes — many teenage romances are established at funfairs, where thrill rides provide ample excuse for embracing[citation needed].

(Emphasis, of course, mine.)

I just couldn't believe it. Too far, Wikipedia, too far!


Any better now?
My GPS has a fetishistic relationship with OK State Highway 9.

LafinJack wrote:Never ever let basic physics get in the way of your dreams.


The Hyphenator wrote:Why is it that every time I visit this thread, I'm not wearing pants?
trvsdrlng
 
Posts: 38
Joined: Sat Mar 22, 2008 9:45 am UTC
Location: Norman, OK

Re: "Wikipedian Protester" Discussion

Postby ConMan » Mon Aug 11, 2008 2:41 am UTC

trvsdrlng wrote:
Southwest wrote:I saw this today while randomly bouncing around Wikipedia. I had spent probably the better part of an hour reading about mines, IEDs, booby traps, and various and sundry types of bombs, just out of pure curiosity. Then, realizing how suspicious that would look to Big Brother, I adjusted my tinfoil hat and looked at something else.

Wikipedia editors wrote:Many stalls offer cuddly toys as prizes — many teenage romances are established at funfairs, where thrill rides provide ample excuse for embracing[citation needed].

(Emphasis, of course, mine.)

I just couldn't believe it. Too far, Wikipedia, too far!


Any better now?


I think the diff makes it clearer what you added. Speaking as a Wikipedian, I should be burying you under an alphabet soup explaining reliable sources, as someone who actually has that song on his iPod I'm finding it hard to fault your reasoning.
pollywog wrote:
Wikihow wrote:* Smile a lot! Give a gay girl a knowing "Hey, I'm a lesbian too!" smile.
I want to learn this smile, perfect it, and then go around smiling at lesbians and freaking them out.
User avatar
ConMan
Shepherd's Pie?
 
Posts: 1366
Joined: Tue Jan 01, 2008 11:56 am UTC
Location: Beacon Alpha

Re: "Wikipedian Protester" Discussion

Postby trvsdrlng » Mon Aug 11, 2008 3:53 am UTC

ConMan wrote:I think the diff makes it clearer what you added. Speaking as a Wikipedian, I should be burying you under an alphabet soup explaining reliable sources, as someone who actually has that song on his iPod I'm finding it hard to fault your reasoning.


I'm well aware of what makes a reliable source. I'm also well aware that what I did was rather... unorthodox. But even an untenable source is better than no source, at least IMO. And Wikipedia has that citation template for a reason. I respectfully refer you to Wikipedia: Be bold for an explanation of my actions.

All pretentiousness aside, I was just making a point that almost anything can be sourced. Oh, and feel free to bury - as my userpage says, constructive criticism is welcomed!
My GPS has a fetishistic relationship with OK State Highway 9.

LafinJack wrote:Never ever let basic physics get in the way of your dreams.


The Hyphenator wrote:Why is it that every time I visit this thread, I'm not wearing pants?
trvsdrlng
 
Posts: 38
Joined: Sat Mar 22, 2008 9:45 am UTC
Location: Norman, OK

Re: "Wikipedian Protester" Discussion

Postby ConMan » Mon Aug 11, 2008 4:45 am UTC

trvsdrlng wrote:I'm well aware of what makes a reliable source. I'm also well aware that what I did was rather... unorthodox. But even an untenable source is better than no source, at least IMO. And Wikipedia has that citation template for a reason. I respectfully refer you to Wikipedia: Be bold for an explanation of my actions.

All pretentiousness aside, I was just making a point that almost anything can be sourced. Oh, and feel free to bury - as my userpage says, constructive criticism is welcomed!


I don't think I'll revert you, and I agree with your philosophy that a poor source is better than none (as long as it's not poor because it's just plain wrong). It will be interesting to see what the more RS-focused editors think of your edit, though :)
pollywog wrote:
Wikihow wrote:* Smile a lot! Give a gay girl a knowing "Hey, I'm a lesbian too!" smile.
I want to learn this smile, perfect it, and then go around smiling at lesbians and freaking them out.
User avatar
ConMan
Shepherd's Pie?
 
Posts: 1366
Joined: Tue Jan 01, 2008 11:56 am UTC
Location: Beacon Alpha

Re: "Wikipedian Protester" Discussion

Postby Kikkoman » Thu Sep 04, 2008 3:30 am UTC

To commemorate my first posting on the XKCD forums, a custom [Citation Needed] sign. (The camera didn't take a very good shot of it, the lines are much bolder)
Attachments
0903082120.jpg
0903082120.jpg (41.18 KiB) Viewed 4243 times
Kikkoman
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu Sep 04, 2008 3:24 am UTC

Re: "Wikipedian Protester" Discussion

Postby pyrodude150 » Fri Oct 31, 2008 5:19 pm UTC

oh man. Sarah Palin is coming to my high school's football field tommorow. Im so doing this.
Mekmek wrote: try crushing an egg with your hand for further understanding of the topic.
pyrodude150
 
Posts: 39
Joined: Fri Sep 19, 2008 6:51 pm UTC

Re: "Wikipedian Protester" Discussion

Postby Nifar » Sun Nov 02, 2008 8:57 pm UTC

This comic got mention on the Wikipedia "Citation Needed" page.

Also, on a bit more on topic note, my school's debate club now has a few Wikipedian signs: citation needed, neutrality disputed, etc. Being a club, and not a team, we're a bit more laid back about stuff like that, so when I proposed the idea to my teacher, she absolutely loved it.
Out of context quote of the week: "Practice static safety: Hack naked."
User avatar
Nifar
 
Posts: 144
Joined: Sun Nov 02, 2008 7:47 pm UTC
Location: The internet.

Re: "Wikipedian Protester" Discussion

Postby pyrodude150 » Thu Nov 13, 2008 4:13 pm UTC

its also on the wikipedia page for "wikipedia"

check it
Mekmek wrote: try crushing an egg with your hand for further understanding of the topic.
pyrodude150
 
Posts: 39
Joined: Fri Sep 19, 2008 6:51 pm UTC

Re: "Wikipedian Protester" Discussion

Postby kerpal » Tue Nov 18, 2008 2:04 am UTC

check it out. the perfect marriage of humour, xkcd and tom lehrer.
The Folk Song Army by Tom Lehrer on youtube, not sure i'm allowed to post a link yet...
kerpal
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon Nov 17, 2008 12:56 am UTC

Re:

Postby paragon12321 » Tue Nov 18, 2008 3:57 am UTC

Aufero wrote:I registered just to say that I'd buy a T-shirt of the mouseover text:

SEMI-PROTECT THE CONSTITUTION


NO! Then George Bush would just have to make 20 constitutional amendments and wait two weeks and he could edit it however he wants!
For great justice! Take off every sig!
paragon12321
 
Posts: 71
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 8:59 pm UTC
Location: New Joisey

Re: 0285: "Wikipedian Protester"

Postby G_Discharge » Mon Oct 18, 2010 5:02 am UTC

This is my girlfriend and a classmate and William & Mary re-enacting this comic with the street preachers.

Image
G_Discharge
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon Oct 18, 2010 4:52 am UTC

Previous

Return to Individual XKCD Comic Threads

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: BlitzGirl, ggh, keltas, mscha, OmniLiquid and 12 guests