Mega's Vanilla Mafia Game - Day 8

For your simulated organized crime needs.

Moderators: jestingrabbit, Moderators General, Prelates

User avatar
The Spherical Cow
Posts: 853
Joined: Wed Oct 17, 2007 9:10 pm UTC
Location: Scotland
Contact:

Re: Mega's Vanilla Mafia Game - Day 1

Postby The Spherical Cow » Thu Nov 06, 2008 11:47 pm UTC

oneofthedragon wrote:Sigh.

You know, this doesn't work if you lynch me. I'm most certainly NOT a jester. I'm town.

I can't claim until tommorow.

I may be a lynchee, which would explain moody or MaJ's rather single minded attacks, I'm not sure if lynchees are told.
Yeah, yeah. We don't understand what you're planning etc. etc.

We need a lynching soon.

User avatar
oneofthedragon
Modfather
Posts: 43
Joined: Thu Mar 22, 2007 3:26 am UTC

Re: Mega's Vanilla Mafia Game - Day 1

Postby oneofthedragon » Thu Nov 06, 2008 11:47 pm UTC

Lynch a lurker. At least I'm promising to be here tomorrow. Don't make it like other games where everyone who talked was lynched, and then only lurkers were left.
sje46: tell them to shove plungers into their anuses
sje46: make clear that that was only for OOTD

Kells: OOTD, I am giving you my death stare
Kells: Just so you know

Christmas: OOTD I will burn your village and make slaves of your children

User avatar
Azrael001
Posts: 2385
Joined: Sun Nov 11, 2007 5:15 am UTC
Location: The Land of Make Believe.
Contact:

Re: Mega's Vanilla Mafia Game - Day 1

Postby Azrael001 » Thu Nov 06, 2008 11:49 pm UTC

Like the dwarf one. That was sad.
23111

User avatar
The Spherical Cow
Posts: 853
Joined: Wed Oct 17, 2007 9:10 pm UTC
Location: Scotland
Contact:

Re: Mega's Vanilla Mafia Game - Day 1

Postby The Spherical Cow » Thu Nov 06, 2008 11:50 pm UTC

You've not been that talkative. And when you have, it's generally been to muddy the waters about how "your plan" will take till tomorrow, or some other such claim. The lurkers can be lynched or replaced. At the moment, I see your wild claims to be a nuisance. Either you are jesster, mafia, or a confusion-creating townie. Any of those seem to be a valid reason to lynch.

Tigerlion
The Communist formerly known as Tigion
Posts: 137
Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2007 10:24 pm UTC
Location: Cleveland.

Re: Mega's Vanilla Mafia Game - Day 1

Postby Tigerlion » Thu Nov 06, 2008 11:52 pm UTC

If, I've voted (Think I have), then Unvote

Look, OOTD, from my point 'o view, at least, you look pretty bad. You have to consider who yer talking to. You can't just say "Oh Trust me it will all work out and be awesome."

User avatar
Azrael001
Posts: 2385
Joined: Sun Nov 11, 2007 5:15 am UTC
Location: The Land of Make Believe.
Contact:

Re: Mega's Vanilla Mafia Game - Day 1

Postby Azrael001 » Thu Nov 06, 2008 11:53 pm UTC

I'm the only one who can do that.

Even then, people rarely do.
23111

User avatar
oneofthedragon
Modfather
Posts: 43
Joined: Thu Mar 22, 2007 3:26 am UTC

Re: Mega's Vanilla Mafia Game - Day 1

Postby oneofthedragon » Thu Nov 06, 2008 11:54 pm UTC

It won't do anything for the town, actually. Or anything that effects the town.
sje46: tell them to shove plungers into their anuses
sje46: make clear that that was only for OOTD

Kells: OOTD, I am giving you my death stare
Kells: Just so you know

Christmas: OOTD I will burn your village and make slaves of your children

User avatar
oneofthedragon
Modfather
Posts: 43
Joined: Thu Mar 22, 2007 3:26 am UTC

Re: Mega's Vanilla Mafia Game - Day 1

Postby oneofthedragon » Thu Nov 06, 2008 11:54 pm UTC

Probably.
sje46: tell them to shove plungers into their anuses
sje46: make clear that that was only for OOTD

Kells: OOTD, I am giving you my death stare
Kells: Just so you know

Christmas: OOTD I will burn your village and make slaves of your children

User avatar
Rodan
Any title.
Posts: 1846
Joined: Thu May 17, 2007 11:52 pm UTC
Location: Eastern Standard Time

Re: Mega's Vanilla Mafia Game - Day 1

Postby Rodan » Fri Nov 07, 2008 12:03 am UTC

Gadzooks. Spending a day not reading this thread was a bad idea.

Wee, sexy party.

User avatar
InstinctSage
Posts: 1012
Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2008 2:19 am UTC
Location: Australia

Re: Mega's Vanilla Mafia Game - Day 1

Postby InstinctSage » Fri Nov 07, 2008 12:18 am UTC

I was gonna have the final vote for the sexy party, and post a picture of Stewie dancing.
Oh well.

Poopraham Lincoln wrote:We've got a day and a half to get eight more votes on ootd. At this point I agree there are people that are probably more likely to be mafia than him we could vote on. However, as has been mentioned... repeatedly... he is hurting the game. Funny or not. We're is moving slowly enough as is, but after the lynch results and night kills, we should be able to start making some well informed decisions. Can't we just get this over with?

LC: I, unfortunately, live in Waco. I'm in the Nano program at TSTC. What do you do at UT? I'll be looking for a job there this May. Got any vacuum systems that need to be operated on?


Anyone else getting suspicious of Poop for this? Talking as though OotD's lynch is our mission for the day, even though "there are people that are probably more likely to be mafia"? I mean, I don't know who he's referring to, but the logic alone is pretty bizarre. I don't like the "Kill him and get it out of the way so we can concentrate on catching the mafia" train of thought.

Admittedly, Poop isn't the only one that's been saying "Let's just kill OotD so we can concentrate".
nightlina wrote:We get stick insects here.. they're pretty cool and stick-like.

User avatar
Gojoe
Posts: 3218
Joined: Wed Apr 30, 2008 12:45 pm UTC
Location: New Zealand!!!

Re: Mega's Vanilla Mafia Game - Day 1

Postby Gojoe » Fri Nov 07, 2008 12:20 am UTC

Uh MaJ is not attacking you... It is more me then him, and I am not the lyncher.

And do you think that you have not acted bad enough? Are you really saying that you claiming, then unclaiming day cop TWICE is not means for everyone to be fucking suspicious?
michaelandjimi wrote:Oh Mr Gojoe
I won't make fun of your mojo.
Though in this fora I serenade you
I really only do it to aid you.
*Various positive comments on your masculinity
That continue on into infinity*

Feeble accompanying guitar.

User avatar
seabee
Posts: 5
Joined: Tue Oct 28, 2008 1:30 am UTC

Re: Mega's Vanilla Mafia Game - Day 1

Postby seabee » Fri Nov 07, 2008 1:14 am UTC

Gojoe wrote:I think is a great time to pimp the 3 jokes i know.

What kind of bees make milk?
Spoiler:
Boobies!


Why does Snoop Dog carry an umbrella?
Spoiler:
Fo' Drizzle


2 electrons are in a bar.
Electron1: I have lost an electron
Electron2: Are you sure?
Spoiler:
Electron1: I'm positive.


You did it wrong. Corrected:

What kind of bees make milk?
Spoiler:
Boobies!


Why does Snoop Dog carry an umbrella?
Spoiler:
Boobies!


2 electrons are in a bar.
Electron1: I have lost an electron
Electron2: Are you sure?
Spoiler:
Boobies!

User avatar
seabee
Posts: 5
Joined: Tue Oct 28, 2008 1:30 am UTC

Re: Mega's Vanilla Mafia Game - Day 1

Postby seabee » Fri Nov 07, 2008 1:44 am UTC

Gojoe wrote:I think is a great time to pimp the 3 jokes i know.

What kind of bees make milk?
Spoiler:
Boobies!


Why does Snoop Dog carry an umbrella?
Spoiler:
Fo' Drizzle


2 electrons are in a bar.
Electron1: I have lost an electron
Electron2: Are you sure?
Spoiler:
Electron1: I'm positive.


You did it wrong. Corrected:

What kind of bees make milk?
Spoiler:
Boobies!


Why does Snoop Dog carry an umbrella?
Spoiler:
Boobies!


2 electrons are in a bar.
Electron1: I have lost an electron
Electron2: Are you sure?
Spoiler:
Boobies!

User avatar
Poopraham Lincoln
Posts: 71
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2007 1:57 am UTC
Location: Central Texas
Contact:

Re: Mega's Vanilla Mafia Game - Day 1

Postby Poopraham Lincoln » Fri Nov 07, 2008 1:51 am UTC

Yeah, I realize that I've probably started to come on a little strong. It's my first time... I'm excited!
InstinctSage wrote:I don't like the "Kill him and get it out of the way so we can concentrate on catching the mafia" train of thought.
Honestly, that's pretty much how I feel though. By the "people that are probably more likely to be mafia" comment, really I just meant that we still don't know if ootd is a jester, mafia, or even a townie+silly bastard; and at least one of the lurkers are sure to be mafia. Kyle (who did just show up), Radman, and Seabee (still with no post content) all need to be seriously considered.
Once we create an environment that is conducive to clear discussion. :wink:

User avatar
oneofthedragon
Modfather
Posts: 43
Joined: Thu Mar 22, 2007 3:26 am UTC

Re: Mega's Vanilla Mafia Game - Day 1

Postby oneofthedragon » Fri Nov 07, 2008 2:04 am UTC

This is my stance. Lynch me if you wish.

The whole idea of a jester is flawed.

Why?, you ask?

Simple. It does not fill the niche that it should.

When you lynch a jester, it should hurt the town. Right now, it does not hurt when a jester is lynched. It's a bland role. It's like if the mafia could win by become friends with the town. A jester muddies the water. This hurts the town. When the jester is lynched, they win, but the loses this worry. This should not be. Why letting a third party win help the town? Maybe some insane PyP game, but in a vanilla, or vanillaish game? No. The town or scum should win without any other faction. There are 2 solutions to this problem. 1. Make the jester win the whole game and end it when they are lynched, however, this is unfeasible in a 30 player game. 2. Is the jesterbomb. It makes the people cautious, and it makes the jester have to be less obvious. When you take out a townie or scum when you win, it makes it a lot less desirable to allow you to win. This should be done for all jesters in games, outside of minis, or specific setups.

I was testing a theory on jesters I had, which I realized had the problem detailed above: It helps everyone to lynch the jester. Lynch me if you wish, I can no longer test my theory, and I think that I've screwed with this day enough =p.
sje46: tell them to shove plungers into their anuses
sje46: make clear that that was only for OOTD

Kells: OOTD, I am giving you my death stare
Kells: Just so you know

Christmas: OOTD I will burn your village and make slaves of your children

User avatar
LL Cool J
___ and ___
Posts: 765
Joined: Mon Jul 14, 2008 10:01 am UTC
Location: Melbourne

Re: Mega's Vanilla Mafia Game - Day 1

Postby LL Cool J » Fri Nov 07, 2008 2:07 am UTC

Poopraham Lincoln wrote:...Once we create an environment that is conducive to clear discussion. :wink:


Once the sexy party is over, you mean?
I didn't vote for it, but I'll parrrrrrrrteh-cipate. To make up for not voting, I'll help clean up afterwards. And I brought snacks. Sexy snacks!
Rippy wrote:Slogan: "Beauty. Grace. Fluticasone propionate. Inhale twice daily."

User avatar
michaelandjimi
Isn't Even Playing
Posts: 2353
Joined: Sun Feb 10, 2008 8:21 am UTC
Location: Citizen of the World
Contact:

Re: Mega's Vanilla Mafia Game - Day 1

Postby michaelandjimi » Fri Nov 07, 2008 2:10 am UTC

oneofthedragon wrote:I may be a lynchee, which would explain moody or MaJ's rather single minded attacks, I'm not sure if lynchees are told.
...I'm pretty sure the lyncher wants their target lynched rather than night-killed.

And there's something I'm not getting. I'm trying to get OOTD night-killed. I want him dead. How is it that him potentially being Mafia changes that fact? I worked out a method to get him killed without us wasting a lynch, in case he is Jester. How would the Mafia protect him from being targeted?

If I'm Mafia, I'd have no way to stop him from dying. If I was a Serial Killer, then I'm clearly not Mafia and hold no allegiance to OOTD (assuming he's Mafia).

Your logic is flawed.

I'm going to vote for him, because clearly if I can't get anyone in the town to listen to me, I'm not going to have an effect on a Serial Killer. Y'all are stupid.

Unvote.
Vote: OOTD
Whelan wrote:Relax, have a good time, and hope for the bees ;)

User avatar
oneofthedragon
Modfather
Posts: 43
Joined: Thu Mar 22, 2007 3:26 am UTC

Re: Mega's Vanilla Mafia Game - Day 1

Postby oneofthedragon » Fri Nov 07, 2008 2:15 am UTC

Now now MaJ, just because the town doesn't do your bidding, doesn't mean they're stupid.
sje46: tell them to shove plungers into their anuses
sje46: make clear that that was only for OOTD

Kells: OOTD, I am giving you my death stare
Kells: Just so you know

Christmas: OOTD I will burn your village and make slaves of your children

User avatar
michaelandjimi
Isn't Even Playing
Posts: 2353
Joined: Sun Feb 10, 2008 8:21 am UTC
Location: Citizen of the World
Contact:

Re: Mega's Vanilla Mafia Game - Day 1

Postby michaelandjimi » Fri Nov 07, 2008 2:20 am UTC

Come now, OOTD. I do have the monopoly on reason.
Whelan wrote:Relax, have a good time, and hope for the bees ;)

User avatar
oneofthedragon
Modfather
Posts: 43
Joined: Thu Mar 22, 2007 3:26 am UTC

Re: Mega's Vanilla Mafia Game - Day 1

Postby oneofthedragon » Fri Nov 07, 2008 2:22 am UTC

Damn. Got me there.


I LYKE PZNATZ!
sje46: tell them to shove plungers into their anuses
sje46: make clear that that was only for OOTD

Kells: OOTD, I am giving you my death stare
Kells: Just so you know

Christmas: OOTD I will burn your village and make slaves of your children

User avatar
InstinctSage
Posts: 1012
Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2008 2:19 am UTC
Location: Australia

Re: Mega's Vanilla Mafia Game - Day 1

Postby InstinctSage » Fri Nov 07, 2008 2:55 am UTC

Poopraham Lincoln wrote:Yeah, I realize that I've probably started to come on a little strong. It's my first time... I'm excited!
InstinctSage wrote:I don't like the "Kill him and get it out of the way so we can concentrate on catching the mafia" train of thought.
Honestly, that's pretty much how I feel though. By the "people that are probably more likely to be mafia" comment, really I just meant that we still don't know if ootd is a jester, mafia, or even a townie+silly bastard; and at least one of the lurkers are sure to be mafia. Kyle (who did just show up), Radman, and Seabee (still with no post content) all need to be seriously considered.
Once we create an environment that is conducive to clear discussion. :wink:

Let's put forward 2 possibilities:
1. He's jester
I'm assuming he is jester, which means he is not mafia, which means we shouldn't lynch. If you can write him off as jester, why lynch him just because he's annoying? His words lose all weight as his main goal is to get lynched, and he's dead by day 3 due to suicide if we don't lynch.

2. He's Mafia
If he's mafia and NOT jester, he won't suicide on day 3 and we can kill him then, and we'll be lynching scum. Why not lynch him now? Because it doesn't stop the mafia NKing by getting 1 scum. To me it's a proposition whereby you don't have to listen to a word he says and the truth will come out in time. While we're waiting, why don't we search for scum? The only caveat would be the chance he was a mafia power role, such as assassin, but not only is there no mention of mafia power roles, but it seems highly unlikely for a skilled player to draw so much attention on themselves if they were.

Now, you saying "At least one of the lurkers is sure to be mafia" is another outlandish claim with no real logic behind it. You're being very presumptuous and you'll have to be careful about that, because it makes you look like you know more than a straight townie possibly could.
oneofthedragon wrote:The whole idea of a jester is flawed.

I agree with this, jesters should at least take the hammer down with them or something, otherwise the town is nonchalant about killing them. But that's beside the point. I think you just claimed Jester anyway. As to whether anyone actually believes you, that's another story.
nightlina wrote:We get stick insects here.. they're pretty cool and stick-like.

User avatar
Sungura
When life gives you banananas, make bananana bread
Posts: 3917
Joined: Sat Jan 12, 2008 2:32 am UTC
Location: AL

Re: Mega's Vanilla Mafia Game - Day 1

Postby Sungura » Fri Nov 07, 2008 3:04 am UTC

Jesse wrote:Really? It feels more like you are partying with me in AIM.

?? Okaaayyyyy sure but it's not a sexy party....at least I don't think so...

(btw the speech I gave went very well)
"Would you rather fight a Sungura-sized spider or 1000 spider-sized Sunguras?" -Zarq
she/<any gender neutral>/snug

User avatar
LL Cool J
___ and ___
Posts: 765
Joined: Mon Jul 14, 2008 10:01 am UTC
Location: Melbourne

Re: Mega's Vanilla Mafia Game - Day 1

Postby LL Cool J » Fri Nov 07, 2008 3:05 am UTC

Wait, now we're back to the Day Three thing. Wasn't that a mistake?

We can't assume he's a jester. WIFOMIFOYIFOMetc. Several people have said that already, and I agree with them. But lynching a lurker still seems preferable to me, if only because OOTD is certainly getting discussion going and giving us more to work with based on how people are reacting to that.

I have two questions. Does the jester commit suicide on Day Three? Will lurkers be replaced in the near future?
Rippy wrote:Slogan: "Beauty. Grace. Fluticasone propionate. Inhale twice daily."

User avatar
seabee
Posts: 5
Joined: Tue Oct 28, 2008 1:30 am UTC

Re: Mega's Vanilla Mafia Game - Day 1

Postby seabee » Fri Nov 07, 2008 3:08 am UTC

EBWOP:
Crap, sorry for double post.

Also, I pretty much LURVE that my random selection doubled as the most lurkiest lurker.

Shazam.

User avatar
oneofthedragon
Modfather
Posts: 43
Joined: Thu Mar 22, 2007 3:26 am UTC

Re: Mega's Vanilla Mafia Game - Day 1

Postby oneofthedragon » Fri Nov 07, 2008 3:10 am UTC

Actually, I wasn't claiming jester. I was testing a theory based on jesters. I am, in all honesty, not a jester. Just a townie.
sje46: tell them to shove plungers into their anuses
sje46: make clear that that was only for OOTD

Kells: OOTD, I am giving you my death stare
Kells: Just so you know

Christmas: OOTD I will burn your village and make slaves of your children

User avatar
Sungura
When life gives you banananas, make bananana bread
Posts: 3917
Joined: Sat Jan 12, 2008 2:32 am UTC
Location: AL

Re: Mega's Vanilla Mafia Game - Day 1

Postby Sungura » Fri Nov 07, 2008 3:12 am UTC

OOh ok for the content post:
(well actually, mod question!)
DO jesters suicide on N3?
There has been talk of this and I thought it was NO (I mean, i was even jester on the IRC once, and I didn't suicide N3!) but now IS is claiming that to be the case again?

I agree if jesters suicide on N3 it is NOT a good idea to lynch ootd today, because in my understanding he should still help the town while alive (other than water muddying, but how bad can that be? We just ignore him!) However, if the jester does NOT suicide on N3, then I think we should still lynch him.
"Would you rather fight a Sungura-sized spider or 1000 spider-sized Sunguras?" -Zarq
she/<any gender neutral>/snug

User avatar
seabee
Posts: 5
Joined: Tue Oct 28, 2008 1:30 am UTC

Re: Mega's Vanilla Mafia Game - Day 1

Postby seabee » Fri Nov 07, 2008 3:20 am UTC

I don't think anybody should vote on OOTD, one way or the other.

I don't care if he's town or scum, he's 53% of what's keeping this game bad-ass.

All the same, FoS: OOTD

VOTE: Sexy Party

User avatar
LL Cool J
___ and ___
Posts: 765
Joined: Mon Jul 14, 2008 10:01 am UTC
Location: Melbourne

Re: Mega's Vanilla Mafia Game - Day 1

Postby LL Cool J » Fri Nov 07, 2008 3:21 am UTC

Oops, forgot to talk in mod-question-speak.
Will lurkers be replaced in the near future?

I'll change my vote if they will. It seems pointless lynching someone who'll be replaced by an active participant.
Rippy wrote:Slogan: "Beauty. Grace. Fluticasone propionate. Inhale twice daily."

User avatar
oneofthedragon
Modfather
Posts: 43
Joined: Thu Mar 22, 2007 3:26 am UTC

Re: Mega's Vanilla Mafia Game - Day 1

Postby oneofthedragon » Fri Nov 07, 2008 3:22 am UTC

Seabea is officially my favorite person in this game for the next 4 minutes.
sje46: tell them to shove plungers into their anuses
sje46: make clear that that was only for OOTD

Kells: OOTD, I am giving you my death stare
Kells: Just so you know

Christmas: OOTD I will burn your village and make slaves of your children

User avatar
ameretrifle
Vera
Posts: 814
Joined: Sat Sep 20, 2008 6:32 am UTC
Location: Canada (the flat bit)

Re: Mega's Vanilla Mafia Game - Day 1

Postby ameretrifle » Fri Nov 07, 2008 3:24 am UTC

michaelandjimi wrote:I'm going to vote for him, because clearly if I can't get anyone in the town to listen to me, I'm not going to have an effect on a Serial Killer. Y'all are stupid.

I think the undeniable majesty of your authority makes people nervous. No, seriously. You're being just a tiny bit magisterial and it's making us all suspicious.

Sungura wrote:I agree if jesters suicide on N3 it is NOT a good idea to lynch ootd today, because in my understanding he should still help the town while alive (other than water muddying, but how bad can that be? We just ignore him!) However, if the jester does NOT suicide on N3, then I think we should still lynch him.

I could easily be wrong, but I wouldn't think a jester would give a damn about the town either way. He couldn't actively help the mafia 'cause he doesn't know who they are, but he wouldn't have any particular interest in helping the town, yeah? In fact, he'd have an active interest in antagonizing the town so that they lynch him already. If OotD is jester, he's doing rather a brilliant job at this. If he's not, well, I have nothing good to say about his alleged 'strategies', then. I think the twelve-odd votes he's got right now would make that pretty much objective fact.

Oh, and Seabee? Sexy Party's already gone through, God help us all. I get the feeling I should probably go on and apologise for my small part in that right now, before the rush. :|

User avatar
michaelandjimi
Isn't Even Playing
Posts: 2353
Joined: Sun Feb 10, 2008 8:21 am UTC
Location: Citizen of the World
Contact:

Re: Mega's Vanilla Mafia Game - Day 1

Postby michaelandjimi » Fri Nov 07, 2008 3:32 am UTC

ameretrifle wrote:
michaelandjimi wrote:I'm going to vote for him, because clearly if I can't get anyone in the town to listen to me, I'm not going to have an effect on a Serial Killer. Y'all are stupid.

I think the undeniable majesty of your authority makes people nervous. No, seriously. You're being just a tiny bit magisterial and it's making us all suspicious.
I call shenanigans. You only wrote that out because you wanted the puns.
ameretrifle wrote:He couldn't actively help the mafia 'cause he doesn't know who they are, but he wouldn't have any particular interest in helping the town, yeah?
This line reminded me of something. Is it possible for there to be a Jester who just happens to be with the Mafia?
Whelan wrote:Relax, have a good time, and hope for the bees ;)

User avatar
Sungura
When life gives you banananas, make bananana bread
Posts: 3917
Joined: Sat Jan 12, 2008 2:32 am UTC
Location: AL

Re: Mega's Vanilla Mafia Game - Day 1

Postby Sungura » Fri Nov 07, 2008 3:33 am UTC

oneofthedragon wrote:Seabea is officially my favorite person in this game for the next 4 minutes.

Aww my quote in your sig is gone :( You cut me real deep just now, ootd. :cry:
"Would you rather fight a Sungura-sized spider or 1000 spider-sized Sunguras?" -Zarq
she/<any gender neutral>/snug

User avatar
InstinctSage
Posts: 1012
Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2008 2:19 am UTC
Location: Australia

Re: Mega's Vanilla Mafia Game - Day 1

Postby InstinctSage » Fri Nov 07, 2008 3:43 am UTC

On research my definitions of Jester do not explicitly state any suicide plans. The Jester is simply considered victorious if they are lynched, with the town/mafia coming second place depending on the outcome of the game. If the jester is not lynched by the time the mafia have majority or all been lynched, the Jester loses.

The mafia will not kill the Jester as he muddies water and draws suspicion away from them.
The town are not supposed to lynch the Jester as it is a wasted lynch and essentially loses them the game, regardless of the fact that the game always goes on.

The town usually kills the Jester under the assumption that it's safer than risking a mafia roleclaiming Jester and disregards the whole "but that means the town technically loses" thing.

So the day 3 suicide was a one off in a crazy round, I guess. Something like that, anyway.
I guess we can kill OotD. But yeah, I totally agree, the Jester is a ridiculous role and should carry a penalty to actually make it more interesting than a day 1 "HAY GUYZ I'M SCUM KILL ME LOLS!" and everyone going "You're the Jester, but we don't care."
nightlina wrote:We get stick insects here.. they're pretty cool and stick-like.

User avatar
ameretrifle
Vera
Posts: 814
Joined: Sat Sep 20, 2008 6:32 am UTC
Location: Canada (the flat bit)

Re: Mega's Vanilla Mafia Game - Day 1

Postby ameretrifle » Fri Nov 07, 2008 3:50 am UTC

michaelandjimi wrote:I call shenanigans. You only wrote that out because you wanted the puns.

Puns? I see no puns there.

Now that you mention it, however, there does seem to be a bit of alliteration. MaJ... magisterial... Oh, I see what I did there! ;D

InstinctSage wrote:On research my definitions of Jester do not explicitly state any suicide plans. The Jester is simply considered victorious if they are lynched, with the town/mafia coming second place depending on the outcome of the game.

I think I might've seen some suicide variations out there, though, so I'd like to have an official answer from the mods on that. Just in case.

I guess we can kill OotD. But yeah, I totally agree, the Jester is a ridiculous role and should carry a penalty to actually make it more interesting than a day 1 "HAY GUYZ I'M SCUM KILL ME LOLS!" and everyone going "You're the Jester, but we don't care."

Yeah, good point. I'm starting to wonder if I shouldn't vote a lurker instead, but at this point, even I'M getting sick of my flip-flopping...

User avatar
InstinctSage
Posts: 1012
Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2008 2:19 am UTC
Location: Australia

Re: Mega's Vanilla Mafia Game - Day 1

Postby InstinctSage » Fri Nov 07, 2008 3:58 am UTC

Killing him provides a good springboard to tomorrow's discussion, because we will know his role for sure that way.
And he could be pulling a giant bluff, expecting to be able to ward off votes.

But if he's jester, or a townie who simply doesn't care about the game too much, he should be safe to keep alive.

Actually, that's a pathetic reason to keep him alive. And the jester sucks, I don't care if I kill him. And as much as lynching lurkers is a good plan, it's a good plan when there's no obvious choices for scum.

As far as I can see, without the day 3 suicide there's no way of ever knowing. Kinda forces my hand.

Vote: OotD
If you turn up town, all I can say is quit being a Nebuduck.
nightlina wrote:We get stick insects here.. they're pretty cool and stick-like.

User avatar
Bulvox
Posts: 678
Joined: Wed Jun 04, 2008 8:37 pm UTC
Location: Not Bunny
Contact:

Re: Mega's Vanilla Mafia Game - Day 1

Postby Bulvox » Fri Nov 07, 2008 4:05 am UTC

I believe that was the hammer. Alas, poor Puff, I knew him well.
Image
See Ya Space Cowboy...

User avatar
Azrael001
Posts: 2385
Joined: Sun Nov 11, 2007 5:15 am UTC
Location: The Land of Make Believe.
Contact:

Re: Mega's Vanilla Mafia Game - Day 1

Postby Azrael001 » Fri Nov 07, 2008 4:06 am UTC

I think that MaJ may also be coming down from a "being right high". I had one for a while and I became very huffy when people stopped listening to me. Not that I disagree with much of anything that MaJ has said so far, it just seems a bit too... something.

That is all.

Ninja'd but I don't care.
23111

User avatar
Bulvox
Posts: 678
Joined: Wed Jun 04, 2008 8:37 pm UTC
Location: Not Bunny
Contact:

Re: Mega's Vanilla Mafia Game - Day 1

Postby Bulvox » Fri Nov 07, 2008 4:10 am UTC

Azrael001 wrote:Ninja'd but I don't care.
And by a Pirate no less.
Image
See Ya Space Cowboy...

User avatar
michaelandjimi
Isn't Even Playing
Posts: 2353
Joined: Sun Feb 10, 2008 8:21 am UTC
Location: Citizen of the World
Contact:

Re: Mega's Vanilla Mafia Game - Day 1

Postby michaelandjimi » Fri Nov 07, 2008 4:12 am UTC

Azrael001 wrote:I think that MaJ may also be coming down from a "being right high". I had one for a while and I became very huffy when people stopped listening to me. Not that I disagree with much of anything that MaJ has said so far, it just seems a bit too... something.
If you believe I am right, why are you voting for me?

I'm not huffy. Right now I'm concerned that people are voting for me, and allegedly plan to vote for me tomorrow, because I'm right but am saying it in a way that's like ordering. It's... weird.
Whelan wrote:Relax, have a good time, and hope for the bees ;)

User avatar
kellsbells
Queen of Cupcakes
Posts: 1166
Joined: Sun Dec 02, 2007 11:26 pm UTC
Location: The Land Beyond Beyond (Seattle)
Contact:

Re: Mega's Vanilla Mafia Game - Day 1

Postby kellsbells » Fri Nov 07, 2008 4:18 am UTC

michaelandjimi wrote:Come now, OOTD. I do have the monopoly on reason.
I take offense at this.

Also, I'm here, so now the sexy party has actually started. *Busts a move*
A good pun is its own reword.
L wrote:A day without kells is a day not worth living.


Return to “Mafia”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: mpolo and 11 guests