Hype your ripe snipes 'n' gripes

Things that don't belong anywhere else. (Check first).

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

Lolsaur

Re: Rant Thread

Postby Lolsaur » Thu Nov 13, 2008 5:58 pm UTC

Aha! Thank-ee muchly, DZ.
Worst Fight Scene Ever

This cosy, special made for this Teapot

Spoiler:
You've never looked better than you did that night
And your eyes have never looked so blue
And when we kissed it was like nothing else existed
As time stood still for me and you

Blinke

Postby Blinke » Thu Nov 13, 2008 7:31 pm UTC

Great, my first order from amazon.co.uk and they manage to send the wrong damn thing. I really wanted my new headset before the weekend. :(

Gojoe

Postby Gojoe » Thu Nov 13, 2008 9:11 pm UTC

Blinke wrote:Great, my first order from amazon.co.uk and they manage to send the wrong damn thing. I really wanted my new headset before the weekend. :(
Oh man that sucks! I have never had a problem with amazon.com. I think you just got really unlucky.
michaelandjimi wrote:Oh Mr Gojoe
I won't make fun of your mojo.
Though in this fora I serenade you
I really only do it to aid you.
*Various positive comments on your masculinity
That continue on into infinity*

Feeble accompanying guitar.

Blinke

Postby Blinke » Thu Nov 13, 2008 9:34 pm UTC

Gojoe wrote:
Blinke wrote:Great, my first order from amazon.co.uk and they manage to send the wrong damn thing. I really wanted my new headset before the weekend. :(
Oh man that sucks! I have never had a problem with amazon.com. I think you just got really unlucky.

Yeah... the only reason I ordered from them is because I couldn't get the ones I wanted from any swedish store. All I found was this. Then, when I order what I wanted, guess what I get? That's right, the tiny earphones I didn't want. Grr!

emceng

Postby emceng » Thu Nov 13, 2008 10:04 pm UTC

Gojoe wrote:

I no longer order anything from them because they were such a pain in the ass. They do a good job with reviews and details, but I refuse to order from them. I will look up an item there, then buy it from bn.com or someplace else.
When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up. - CS Lewis

Jessica
Jessica, you're a ...

Postby Jessica » Thu Nov 13, 2008 10:07 pm UTC

Amazon.ca is fine for anything they have in stock, I've found. If it's a preorder, or out of stock, you're fucked.

I've preordered things 6 months in advanced, and been told they were sold out on the day off, and had to wait until... who knows when.
doogly wrote:On a scale of Mr Rogers to Fascism, how mean do you think we're being?
Belial wrote:My goal is to be the best brain infection any of you have ever had.

Ian Ex Machina

Postby Ian Ex Machina » Fri Nov 14, 2008 2:23 pm UTC

Fuck you Student Union bar staff.
Just because I am wearing eyeliner and am a guy does not mean that I can wait double the time (in comparatively similar bar busy-ness).

Also fuck you, general crowds in bars, I am very careful to not push into people as I go round/dancing as its infuriating, but will anyone else? Of course not.
I felt so good on Halloween when I had spikes sticking out of me, haha push into me now, dicks.

The Cat

Postby The Cat » Fri Nov 14, 2008 2:53 pm UTC

I would offer a hug, but those spikes are a we bit sharp.

studyinserendipity
~Hanners~

Postby studyinserendipity » Fri Nov 14, 2008 5:24 pm UTC

Stupid body - why in the world would you evolve teeth whose sole purpose is to be removed in a personally upsetting way and make me even more stressed out than I already am by screwing up my schedule THE ONE WEEK I AM TAKING OVER THE CLASSROOM? Furthermore, why must you make the extraction infinitely more difficult by having such a tiny mouth and veins that even the CHILD-SIZED NEEDLES have trouble finding?
Also I don't want to eat jello, but it appears I have no choice. I really want hot chocolate, but only cold things allowed for now. :(

[whine] I just want to be back to my normal scheduled life [/whine]
People wanted for hazardous journey. Small wages, bitter cold, long months of complete darkness, constant danger, safe return doubtful. Honor and recognition in case of success.

she/her/hers

Alpha Omicron

Postby Alpha Omicron » Fri Nov 14, 2008 5:31 pm UTC

studyinserendipity wrote:Stupid body - why in the world would you evolve teeth whose sole purpose is to be removed

I believe the situation is that human jaws have been getting narrower over time, so most people can't fit all their teeth properly anymore. The ones that get displaced are the wisdoms.
Here is a link to a page which leverages aggregation of my tweetbook social blogomedia.

bigglesworth
I feel like Biggles should have a title

Postby bigglesworth » Fri Nov 14, 2008 5:58 pm UTC

That, and the fact that it hasn't been as much of a problem when a few teeth might go rotten or be knocked out before the wisdom teeth get in. If you have a few gaps, it's not so much of a problem since they move together, giving the wisdom teeth room.
Generation Y. I don't remember the First Gulf War, but do remember floppy disks.

pseudoidiot
Sexy Beard Man

Postby pseudoidiot » Fri Nov 14, 2008 7:00 pm UTC

That's what happened with me. When I was 12 or 13 I had one of my molars removed, so the wisdom tooth that came in over there wasn't a problem. The other 3 however weren't so lucky. Had them removed last year. Two were impacted and I don't remember what was up with the other, but I had them cut out of me. Only time I've had to be put under for anything, so that was an interesting experience.
Derailed : Gaming Outside the Box.
SecondTalon wrote:*swoons* I love you, all powerful pseudoidiot!
ShootTheChicken wrote:I can't stop thinking about pseudoidiot's penis.

kinigget

Postby kinigget » Fri Nov 14, 2008 7:45 pm UTC

what's going on? I feel like I need to sleep, but it's noon, and sleeping will probably screw over the rest of my day. why oh why can I not get to sleep before 2:00 a.m.? cursed sleep pattern being all screwed up.
The Mighty Thesaurus wrote:I can tell from his word choice that he is using his penis to type.

Steax wrote:I think the courts are kinda busy right now. Something about cake and due process.

studyinserendipity
~Hanners~

Postby studyinserendipity » Fri Nov 14, 2008 8:38 pm UTC

bigglesworth wrote:If you have a few gaps, it's not so much of a problem since they move together, giving the wisdom teeth room.

Yeah, one of them was actually in and fine but they took it out anyways because my mouth is so tiny I couldn't actually brush the damn thing. The other 2 were impacted though.
People wanted for hazardous journey. Small wages, bitter cold, long months of complete darkness, constant danger, safe return doubtful. Honor and recognition in case of success.

she/her/hers

bigglesworth

Postby bigglesworth » Fri Nov 14, 2008 9:06 pm UTC

It was the perfect drinking game punishment drink: Port for the disturbing blood colour, JD for the alcohol, Lager for the foam, and milk for the disturbing colloid the foam and milk makes.

I am not happy.
Generation Y. I don't remember the First Gulf War, but do remember floppy disks.

natraj

Postby natraj » Fri Nov 14, 2008 9:53 pm UTC

WTF, Out magazine -- Katy Perry as the cover-girl on the 'People of the Year' issue to be representitive of queer women? Seriously? KATY PERRY?
You want to know the future, love? Then wait:
I'll answer your impatient questions. Still --
They'll call it chance, or luck, or call it Fate,
The cards and stars that tumble as they will.

pronouns: they or he

Alpha Omicron

Postby Alpha Omicron » Fri Nov 14, 2008 10:57 pm UTC

studyinserendipity wrote:
bigglesworth wrote:If you have a few gaps, it's not so much of a problem since they move together, giving the wisdom teeth room.

Yeah, one of them was actually in and fine but they took it out anyways because my mouth is so tiny I couldn't actually brush the damn thing. The other 2 were impacted though.

I had six or eight wisdom teeth (some kind of weird genetic thing), all impacted, IIRC. I kind of hate my teeth actually. They're not the crooked or anything, but they're kind of unruly. I just discovered recently that even after two years of braces, my bottom teeth (particularly one the molars) don't want to stay in the same damn place.
Here is a link to a page which leverages aggregation of my tweetbook social blogomedia.

Jessica
Jessica, you're a ...

Postby Jessica » Fri Nov 14, 2008 11:26 pm UTC

natraj wrote:WTF, Out magazine -- Katy Perry as the cover-girl on the 'People of the Year' issue to be representitive of queer women? Seriously? KATY PERRY?

Good lord... :\ Sometimes I really hate queer society.
doogly wrote:On a scale of Mr Rogers to Fascism, how mean do you think we're being?
Belial wrote:My goal is to be the best brain infection any of you have ever had.

natraj

Postby natraj » Fri Nov 14, 2008 11:30 pm UTC

Jessica wrote:
natraj wrote:WTF, Out magazine -- Katy Perry as the cover-girl on the 'People of the Year' issue to be representitive of queer women? Seriously? KATY PERRY?

No kidding. Their entire Out 100 (which actually consisted of 109 people) only had 24 people in it who weren't cisgendered males. And out of the four people on the cover -- three men and then Katy Perry. Wut. Would it really be so hard to feature someone who was a) actually a queer woman and/or b) at least someone who didn't make their name on the exploitation and objectification of queer women?

Jessica
Jessica, you're a ...

Postby Jessica » Fri Nov 14, 2008 11:39 pm UTC

natraj wrote:
Jessica wrote:

No kidding. Their entire Out 100 (which actually consisted of 109 people) only had 24 people in it who weren't cisgendered males. And out of the four people on the cover -- three men and then Katy Perry. Wut. Would it really be so hard to feature someone who was a) actually a queer woman and/or b) at least someone who didn't make their name on the exploitation and objectification of queer women?
Agreed. God, that's like... wow, retarded.

I mean, sure men can be important for queer women, but you'd think that, you know, some QUEER WOMEN would be in the top 100 people who represent queer women? That's really sick and retarded.

natraj

Postby natraj » Fri Nov 14, 2008 11:44 pm UTC

Jessica wrote:Agreed. God, that's like... wow, retarded.

I mean, sure men can be important for queer women, but you'd think that, you know, some QUEER WOMEN would be in the top 100 people who represent queer women? That's really sick and retarded.

Well, technically the Out 100 is supposed to be "Our annual list of the year’s most interesting, influential, and newsworthy LGBT people."

Only, it's really pretty much just a list of people who rich gay white men think are cool. Women are severely underrepresented, and trans people may as well not exist at all.

People were complaining to the editor about how Katy Perry is pretty much, you know, anti-LGBT, and someone talked about Jill Sobule's "I Kissed A Girl" song in the 90s and how it was totally more queer-positive, and the editor was like, "Well, okay, but I can't dance to it, and sometimes that's all I want in my music."

-facepalms-

Jessica
Jessica, you're a ...

Postby Jessica » Fri Nov 14, 2008 11:47 pm UTC

natraj wrote:
Jessica wrote:Agreed. God, that's like... wow, retarded.

Well, technically the Out 100 is supposed to be "Our annual list of the year’s most interesting, influential, and newsworthy LGBT people."

Only, it's really pretty much just a list of people who rich gay white men think are cool. Women are severely underrepresented, and trans people may as well not exist at all.

People were complaining to the editor about how Katy Perry is pretty much, you know, anti-LGBT, and someone talked about Jill Sobule's "I Kissed A Girl" song in the 90s and how it was totally more queer-positive, and the editor was like, "Well, okay, but I can't dance to it, and sometimes that's all I want in my music."

-facepalms-

Sigh.

I really like Jill Sobule's song, btw.

Gojoe

Postby Gojoe » Sat Nov 15, 2008 12:14 am UTC

Re wisdom teeth:

I do not have wisdom teeth. Just like my Aunt, I was born with teeth that did not need braces, nor did I have wisdom teeth. I am telling you, I am the next step in human evolution! Marvel at my teeth.

Thank God I was born without wisdom teeth. I hate pain... And I hear it is painful. Sorry to all you people that just got your teeth pulled! I hope you get better soon!

JayDee

Postby JayDee » Sat Nov 15, 2008 12:16 am UTC

Damn. One the bastards found a way to escape my clutches and foil me secret (and maybe a little bit dastardly) plan. Inadvertently, too, which only makes it worse.
The Mighty Thesaurus wrote:I believe that everything can and must be joked about.
Hawknc wrote:I like to think that he hasn't left, he's just finally completed his foe list.

Alpha Omicron

Postby Alpha Omicron » Sat Nov 15, 2008 12:19 am UTC

Gojoe wrote:Thank God I was born without wisdom teeth. I hate pain... And I hear it is painful. Sorry to all you people that just got your teeth pulled! I hope you get better soon!

I didn't find it was too painful, even with my weird teeth. Face got pretty puffy for a few days, but that was about it.

Immortal_Z

Postby Immortal_Z » Sat Nov 15, 2008 12:50 am UTC

I had my wisdom teeth out last summer.. Wasn't as bad as people made it seem, but HELL, it was boring not being able to move from the icepacks that I was apparently required to keep on them. >>

---

I am annoyed that any time I need to be somewhere, someone else is already happening. On December 6th, I have to be somewhere about an hour and a half away for a school thing for most of the day, but that's the weekend my dad's workplace has it's yearly customer appreciation thing. There is /nothing else/ happening in December (save for the usual slew of Christmas-y things towards the tail end of the year), but, of course, those two things had to be on the same day. Of course, the teacher that is supposed to take me and the rest of us who are going, has to be somewhere else as well, so we need to find another driver anyway -__-

This seems to happen a lot.
An Angel who did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards

Gojoe

Postby Gojoe » Sat Nov 15, 2008 1:11 am UTC

When it rains, it storms. Or something like that.

masher

Postby masher » Sat Nov 15, 2008 1:50 am UTC

Gojoe wrote:When it rains, it storms. Or something like that.

It never rains, but it pours.

bigglesworth

Postby bigglesworth » Sat Nov 15, 2008 2:57 am UTC

Flatmate: "OK, all the girls get in one cab"

No, not "all the girls get in one cab", fuckwit. What went in your mixers to make you think that was anywhere near to a good idea to say?

Immortal_Z

Postby Immortal_Z » Sat Nov 15, 2008 4:15 am UTC

-watches the messages in his outbox that have been there for three days-

damnit... get online and reply already...
An Angel who did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards

ACU-LP

Postby ACU-LP » Sun Nov 16, 2008 12:31 am UTC

Being banned by parents from going on to xkcd, playing computer games etc. RARARARARARARARRARARAR!
At least its over.
I Am Raven wrote:Math is like a penis: it can be very satisfactory, but also a pain in the ass.
Red vs Blue wrote:Wash: That was the worst throw ever. Of all time.
Caboose: Not my fault. Someone put a wall in my way.

SecondTalon
SexyTalon

Postby SecondTalon » Sun Nov 16, 2008 12:34 am UTC

Do your parents accept bribes?
heuristically_alone wrote:I want to write a DnD campaign and play it by myself and DM it myself.
heuristically_alone wrote:I have been informed that this is called writing a book.

ACU-LP

Postby ACU-LP » Sun Nov 16, 2008 12:43 am UTC

Sadly not. I have not found any way as of yet to break them.
I Am Raven wrote:Math is like a penis: it can be very satisfactory, but also a pain in the ass.

felltir
has a sniper scope and a trigger finger.

Postby felltir » Sun Nov 16, 2008 12:45 am UTC

Use a big stick.
Spoiler:
RoadieRich wrote:He's a super flexible furry martial artist from London. She is a Rabbit breeding mad scientist from Michigan. They fight crime!
The Great Hippo wrote:I THINK THE SOLAR SYSTEM MIGHT BE AN ATOM OF OXYGEN.

Blog

he/him/his

ACU-LP

Postby ACU-LP » Sun Nov 16, 2008 12:47 am UTC

I actually laughed at that. In 16 years I had not thought of that.
(I'm not homicidal, so I wont, nor do I have antlers horns to protect me....)
Last edited by ACU-LP on Sun Nov 16, 2008 12:53 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.

felltir

Postby felltir » Sun Nov 16, 2008 12:52 am UTC

ACU-LP wrote:I actually laughed at that. In 16 years I had not thought of that.
(I'm not homicidal, so I wont, nor do I have antlers to protect me....)

They're horns. HORNS! NOT ANTLERS, ANTLERS ARE MADE OF BONE! HORNS ARE MADE OF HORN!!!

AND GODDAMN IT, I'M AN ANTELOPE, NOT A GAZELLE, SPRINGBOK, DIKDIK, OR OTHER SIMILAR THING!

[/notdirectedatyou]
Spoiler:
RoadieRich wrote:He's a super flexible furry martial artist from London. She is a Rabbit breeding mad scientist from Michigan. They fight crime!

Blog

he/him/his

ACU-LP

Postby ACU-LP » Sun Nov 16, 2008 12:54 am UTC

Indeed, I had actually considered which word to put there, but being very hyper at the moment, I just decided the wrong one. Fix'd

felltir

Postby felltir » Sun Nov 16, 2008 1:12 am UTC

YAY!
Spoiler:

Blog

he/him/his

Sarr

Postby Sarr » Sun Nov 16, 2008 1:21 am UTC

ACU-LP wrote:Sadly not. I have not found any way as of yet to break them.
Methinks you misunderstood SexyTalon.
Rakysh wrote:Basically, xkcd is basically for punching into submission the dumb frat guy in your brain.

Pirate.Bondage

Postby Pirate.Bondage » Sun Nov 16, 2008 1:28 am UTC

GRRR! I'm done trying to fucking help you! HELP YOURSELF FOR ONCE.

You don't even fucking care about any girl you date and you WONDER why you're single so much! And when a NICE girl finally likes you, you hurt her! FUCK YOU. You don't deserve her anyways, you worthless piece of shit. I can't believe I even dated you that time, I'm so glad it didn't work because you're a MORON.
Life is beautiful.
Spoiler:
Irrefutable wrote:you are so lovely

emceng wrote:Then the sausage says, "I have 1 kid, and raging genital herpes." Get the fuck away from me sausage!!!

sje46 wrote:Do... do you want to marry me?

Return to “General”