1190: "Time"

This forum is for the individual discussion thread that goes with each new comic.

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

AluisioASG
Location: Flowing into places that are comfortable for it to flow

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby AluisioASG » Fri Aug 23, 2013 4:30 pm UTC

Up.

One Thread to find them all,
One Thread to bring them;
One Thread to kill them all
And from Hades rescue them
Selecting new quote…
Can't see addams on the right? Message me!Image

TheMinim

Postby TheMinim » Fri Aug 23, 2013 4:37 pm UTC

AluisioASG wrote:Up.
Spoiler:

Purdy.................
Titled TheMinimastic as of NP 1610.
Hi Blitzers! And non-blitzers!
Official owner of NewPage 1572, and official co-owner of NewPage 2087 along with NoMouse.

moody7277

Postby moody7277 » Fri Aug 23, 2013 4:39 pm UTC

balthasar_s wrote:I'm making a colorization of 2873, but because I won't have access to a scanner until September it will have to wait. But now, have this:
Spoiler:
color.JPG

That's what it'd look like if Stephen King had written Time.
The story of my life in xkcdmafia:

Tigerlion wrote:Well, I imagine as the game progresses, various people will be getting moody.

BoomFrog wrote:I still have no idea what town moody really looks like.

BlitzGirl
Location: Out of the basement for Yip 6! Schizoblitz: 115/2672 NP

Postby BlitzGirl » Fri Aug 23, 2013 5:47 pm UTC

@Whizbang: OTTerrific OTTercomic! I love the redundakitty bobblehead on the dash. Image
@balthasar_s: Oooh, that OTColored frame looks awesomeful so far! Looking forward to seeing the end result!
@DrSamCarter: D'aww, treeish RELATED pricklymolps!
@azule: Cute OTTercomic! I like the kids' perspective better than the adults'. :D

ggh wrote:For BlitzGirl's very sleepy haiku: a shot of coffee liqueur
Spoiler:

Thank you! Image But where is the semencancerbaconbabies?

Angelastic wrote:
BlitzGirl wrote:Hey, who's that in the Othercomic? What are you doing in there, you meddling kids?
Spoiler:

Oh, that'll teach me for posting in the OtherComic thread before my ketchup. I came to the same conclusion independently and was surprised that BlitzGirl had posted in that thread already without mentioning it.

:wink: The treeish part is that we both came to the same conclusion independent of one another! They must be Spike and Mini-Bunny!

acunning40 wrote:
Spoiler:
jjjdavidson wrote:http://xkcd.com/448/, nothing fancy:
In reading "coma schedules", I was surprised to hear it in my mind with the British pronunciation of "schedule" ('sh' rather than 'sk') even though I'm American. I may have listened to "Every Newframe's Awefulsome" too many times lately.... :lol:

Schedule...schedule...schedule...

intheshax wrote:
Spoiler:
BlitzGirl wrote:Since it's the top o' the nopix, I'll repost this unsolved OSH:
OSH

This is Cuegan.
What newpix are they from?
I think I got it. A little sneaky with some slightly downward terrain in a mostly uphill scene.
But I think it's M1763, right after the snapy encounter. Been thinking about that blotchy little guy?

That's the one! Congrats! Image
Spoiler:
Knight Temporal of the One True Comic
BlitzGirl the Pink, Mopey Molpy Mome
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

Flado
Location: Lost in Time on NP 1084/1947; Schizoblitzed NP1156-1170

Postby Flado » Fri Aug 23, 2013 5:48 pm UTC

mscha wrote:(Yes, I was one of those sad geeks that refused to celebrate the new millennium / century until 1 January 2001. Image )

Sad geeks?!
Anyway, I celebrated both, 2000 because of the Y2K-bug and the awesomeness it promised (which, sadly, didn't happen), and 2001 because of the millennium and because it marked a rather significant (personal) change.
Patriarch of the Western Paradox Church (ret'd)
-
All the stars are dust on my screen -- Marsh'n
The best computer game is a compiler. -- Exodies
I thought I was wrong, but it turned out I was mistaken. -- ucim
You have to grow older. You need not grow up. -- bmonk

Sciscitor

Postby Sciscitor » Fri Aug 23, 2013 5:57 pm UTC

Cool new ottifications these days, food for thought. Please forgive me not mentioning everyone, I try to honor all the creativity in my own way... which leads to a
Status update on the Database:
I am busy filling in a lot of gaps and do some cleaning up on existing entries as well as some minor enhancements to the interface. There is now an overview page for all artwork, complete with tiny activity charts for the specific type of ottification. Still no search function, sorry. There are still about 70 old songs to enter the lyrics of into the database and add some more posting data to complete the chronology and some mustard to remove.

I try to keep the thread database up to date but the last few newpages had a lot of mustardy posts in them which needed fixing (whoever wrote tidy is a most excellent programmer and a gift to webdwelling humankind) before they could be imported into the Database. But it is done now up to NP1396.

Ok, that's all for the wipend now!
TFDA Senior OTT Analyst (Resources, The Database of OTC and OTT Related Art)
To all Blitzers (Maugrim, micdi, Purplepants77 et al): Have fun and enjoy your journey!
Holmes, Sherlock wrote:"It's elementary, my dear Watson!"1
1 Holmes actually never said this.

slinches
Slinches get Stinches

Re: phantom fifth epilogue sequence?

Postby slinches » Fri Aug 23, 2013 5:58 pm UTC

ggh wrote:I was looking at mscha's wonderful records, and this may mean nothing, but I was thinking that some parts of the epilogue sequences have odd pairings: one sequence has a BABABA where another has an ABABAB, and another has DCDABAB coinciding with CDCBABA. Furthermore, if you look at all four together, much more often than not, they have four different letters, which is statistically weird, no?

That makes a phantom fifth sequence of the missing letters:
CCADDDnAnBBBECCCnEEEEEDC
where the n's are the ambiguous letters because the existing four sequences only contain 3 letters total (BCCD, ACDD and ABCC).

I wouldn't expect this fifth sequence to ever actually appear, because it has so many repeats, but could it mean something? Maybe a clue as to how the sequences are generated, or maybe a puzzle? I dunno. Just throwing it out there. I find it also interesting that the few stray letters we've had that don't fit any of the existing sequences do fit the phantom fifth.

If there's a secret to be revealed, you lot will reveal it! And whether there is or not, I'm hoping we may all get another spectacular BlitzGirl poem. :)

I've been puzzling over that quite a bit as well and all I could come up with is that there's a heavy bias (~64% of the time) toward the next frame being adjacent. This could just be an attempt to maintain a smooth1 animation and there are larger jumps at random spots because he's using a Gaussian random walk algorithm to accomplish that. If he'd used a standard random walk, I think the sequences could end up walking2 all over each other making it more difficult to identify the sequences.

Anyway, we should know whether the 03/29/14 date theory is correct in about 6 hours. It'll be interesting to see what follows either way.

1Well, as smooth as a one frame per hour animation can be. :D
2Pun most definitely intended :twisted:

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Fri Aug 23, 2013 6:23 pm UTC

Wow, that Database is getting more and more awesomeful, Sciscitor! Thanks for all the hard work! :)

slinches wrote:If he'd used a standard random walk, I think the sequences could end up walking2 all over each other making it more difficult to identify the sequences. <snip>

2Pun most definitely intended :twisted:

THERE WILL BE NO MORE WALKING FOR YOU
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

TheMinim

Postby TheMinim » Fri Aug 23, 2013 6:24 pm UTC

If we get annoyed over puns, no pun intended, is the chainsaw going a little too far?
Official owner of NewPage 1572, and official co-owner of NewPage 2087 along with NoMouse.

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Fri Aug 23, 2013 6:42 pm UTC

You may be forgiven for thinking that, but no method is too extreme after the Bag Incident of Newpage 467.
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

TheMinim

Postby TheMinim » Fri Aug 23, 2013 6:46 pm UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:You may be forgiven for thinking that, but no method is too extreme after the Bag Incident of Newpage 467.

Yes it is.

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Fri Aug 23, 2013 6:55 pm UTC

Image Don't worry - the chainsaw is a metaphor. It actually comes from the tree puns that invaded the OTT shortly after the Neattree appeared. First I used axes to cut down the tree puns, then moved on to chainsaw smileys when I ran out of axe smileys. That is where the punsaw originated.
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

TheMinim

Postby TheMinim » Fri Aug 23, 2013 6:58 pm UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:Image Don't worry - the chainsaw is a metaphor. It actually comes from the tree puns that invaded the OTT shortly after the Neattree appeared. First I used axes to cut down the tree puns, then moved on to chainsaw smileys when I ran out of axe smileys. That is where the punsaw originated.

*still wary of making puns*

*corrects typo before that is interpreted as a pun*

*waits to post again for a 500th post! :D :D *

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Fri Aug 23, 2013 7:05 pm UTC

Don't be too worried, Minim - I usually let first-time offenders off easy. :wink: Especially for unintentional puns.
But for slinches, who "most definitely intended" his pun, there is no escape. He knew what he was doing! And he used an evil smiley to boot!

(Pre-congrats on 500 posts! Image )
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

yappobiscuits

Postby yappobiscuits » Fri Aug 23, 2013 7:08 pm UTC

First ketchup of the new century!
Thanks for the new graphs, jjjdavidson!
@Latent22 and whoever was helping you - Thanks for the luckypix, they've been very enjoyable and treeish!
waveney, azule - Two different and highly treeish ottifications of the newothercomic! Steakish!
@Sciscitor - Wowterful job on the ottification database! Really enjoyable to scroll through :)
SBN wrote:
ucim wrote:The OTT really has the sense of an artistic colony, doesn't it!

Which does make [at least one of] the non-creative types feel like they're in the wrong room.

Seeing people feel that way makes me a sad molpy. EVERYONE here adds SOMETHING to the treeishness of this place! Even just being here to appreciate the contributions of others is a worthy contribution in itself! Plus, you're an OTTer! A familiar avatar which I see most dips and would leave a hole were it no longer there. Why do you think we keep the basement so heavily guarded? ;)
To paraphrase Doctor Who once again:
Spoiler:

jjjdavidson wrote:
HES wrote:Yay! Graphs! I still don't believe my posting is so uniform. That said, it correlates to US timezones rather than my own...
Bloody ch*rp, you're in Nottingham? I wouldn't have guessed. That puts your peak posting times from 10-11pm and from midnight to 1am; in fact, your graph is similar to yappo's, though not shifted so  musicianishly  extremely. (And I wonder why you both have a noticeable posting dip in the middle of the night: you from 11pm to midnight, and yappo from midnight to 1am? Some English custom? Something irresistible on the BBC?  Late-night chirp?  Nighttime elevenses?)

I honestly have no idea where that dip comes from! Mandatory cup of tea perhaps?
jjjdavidson wrote:http://xkcd.com/448/, nothing fancy:
Spoiler:

Haha, this is pretty RELATED to the above reply... By this reckoning I've been living in America for quite a few years now :P.
Eternal Density wrote:OTTification of OTTification of http://xkcd.com/296/
(linked for seaishness)
http://forums.xkcd.com/download/file.php?id=39504&mode=view

Heh, more meta-ottifying! Treeish! And "Where Ottifications Come From" too!
pelrigg wrote:First OtherComic Alert (because we need more lerts...)*

Eärendil Columbus! Who knew... Lovely colourations too, pelrigg!
higgs-boson wrote:
IT COULD HAVE BEEN WORSE.

Spoiler:
.... much worse.

Image Brilliant!
Valarya wrote:NOW, for the pope!
Molpity Wolpity
Lucky and Pricklymolp
floating along on the
fast rising sea.

Latent & special guest
bringing the Otters some
familiarity
continue, please!

Yay, lovely and treeish d-dactyl! Haven't seen one of them in a while!
acunning40 wrote:In reading "coma schedules", I was surprised to hear it in my mind with the British pronunciation of "schedule" ('sh' rather than 'sk') even though I'm American. I may have listened to "Every Newframe's Awefulsome" too many times lately.... :lol:

Oh THAT'S the difference! I always wondered.
Whizbang wrote:
OTT GPS
Spoiler:

Image Another great one!
balthasar_s wrote:I'm making a colorization of 2873, but because I won't have access to a scanner until September it will have to wait. But now, have this:
Spoiler:

Oh wow, an entirely hand-drawn colourisation! Really looking forward to seeing it done!

Redundant:
Spoiler:
redundakitty24.jpg

doctorwhoquote.jpg
OTTscars results Pt. 2 coming... eventually, but not from me. Seeking writer.
English Instrumentalist Waterottermolpy
Mighty Troubadour of the OTT

TheMinim

Postby TheMinim » Fri Aug 23, 2013 7:09 pm UTC

Punning isn't an offence, though, and I can say that now as this is post number 500! :P

slinches
Slinches get Stinches

Postby slinches » Fri Aug 23, 2013 7:13 pm UTC

TheMinim wrote:
BlitzGirl wrote:Image Don't worry - the chainsaw is a metaphor. It actually comes from the tree puns that invaded the OTT shortly after the Neattree appeared. First I used axes to cut down the tree puns, then moved on to chainsaw smileys when I ran out of axe smileys. That is where the punsaw originated.

Don't worry, I'm sure BlitzGirl is only the official OTT punsawyer out of the love she has for all of us. And to be fair, the bag incident was a dark time for this needle pulled thing ... so many terrible, terrible puns. Although, maybe she could use the punsaw a little more sparingly on high quality puns instead of bagging it entirely. It's rather unfair to cut down an entire form of wordplay because of a few bad examples.

ETA: When I added the footnote, I expected a punsaw in response. That's a big part of the fun.
Last edited by slinches on Fri Aug 23, 2013 7:17 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.

ucim

Postby ucim » Fri Aug 23, 2013 7:14 pm UTC

TheMinim wrote:*still wary of making puns*
Didn't stop me! (I must say, I've never had so much fun reading animated smilies as in The Reckoning!)

But you know the old saw... if you chain puns, and the chain saw the chain saw coming and followed the third commandment to the golf course to hide in the links, you'd be a clever keyboard. Fore!

slinches wrote:Although, maybe she could use the punsaw a little more sparingly on high quality puns...
A pun is the lowest form of wit there is, if you didn't think of it yourself. :)

Jose
uh, three, sir!
Last edited by ucim on Fri Aug 23, 2013 7:16 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Order of the Sillies, Honoris Causam - bestowed by charlie_grumbles on NP 859 * OTTscar winner: Wordsmith - bestowed by yappobiscuts and the OTT on NP 1832 * Ecclesiastical Calendar of the Order of the Holy Contradiction * Heartfelt thanks from addams and from me - you really made a difference.

TheMinim

Postby TheMinim » Fri Aug 23, 2013 7:16 pm UTC

slinches wrote:
TheMinim wrote:

Don't worry, I'm sure BlitzGirl is only the official OTT punsawyer out of the love she has for all of us. And to be fair, the bag incident was a dark time for this needle pulled thing ... so many terrible, terrible puns. Although, maybe she could use the punsaw a little more sparingly on high quality puns instead of bagging it entirely. It's rather unfair to cut down an entire form of wordplay because of a few bad examples.

I like all puns, the good, the bag, and the ugly. It's my father's fault.

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Fri Aug 23, 2013 7:17 pm UTC

Out of respect for more delicate eyes, slinches, I will pretend to not have noticed those last two sentences.
Preview-edit: Aaaaagh, ucim, aaaaaagh.

For Minim:

Common OTT offenses and their punishments:
Heresy (punishable by S&Ms, comfy chair, burning of the steak)
Saying Bye (punishable by being roped up by the molpy army and taken to the OTT basement)
Unspoilered Trippy Gif (punishable by hearing the complaints of OTTers en masse)
Punning (punishable by punsaw and/or axe)

Plus, cake!

Preview edit 2: Minim, you're falling to the dark side!
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

yappobiscuits

Postby yappobiscuits » Fri Aug 23, 2013 7:19 pm UTC

TheMinim wrote:Punning isn't an offence, though, and I can say that now as this is post number 500! :P

Yay!
Spoiler:

ucim

Postby ucim » Fri Aug 23, 2013 7:23 pm UTC

Here's a treasure hunt for you all...

A pun has been defined as "a play on words".

However, for the life of me I have not been able to find a dictionary definition of the word "play" which fits that phrase. I can get close, but not all the way.

Oh, and congrats on 500 TheMinim 800 AluisioASG!

Jose
Order of the Sillies, Honoris Causam - bestowed by charlie_grumbles on NP 859 * OTTscar winner: Wordsmith - bestowed by yappobiscuts and the OTT on NP 1832 * Ecclesiastical Calendar of the Order of the Holy Contradiction * Heartfelt thanks from addams and from me - you really made a difference.

TheMinim

Postby TheMinim » Fri Aug 23, 2013 7:26 pm UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:For Minim:

Common OTT offenses and their punishments:
Heresy (punishable by S&Ms, comfy chair, burning of the steak)
Saying Bye (punishable by being roped up by the molpy army and taken to the OTT basement)
Unspoilered Trippy Gif (punishable by hearing the complaints of OTTers en masse)
Punning (punishable by punsaw and/or axe)

I knew that already... Thanks anyway, but still...

My Miranda instincts seem to latch onto the words 'Dark Side', and now I'm singing this.

Congrats Aluisio for 800 posts! :D

jovialbard

Postby jovialbard » Fri Aug 23, 2013 7:28 pm UTC

1. engage in activity for enjoyment and recreation rather than a serious or practical purpose.
2. take part in (a sport).

Punning is both making something fun instead of serious and it is generally engaged in competitively. So I think "play on words" works just fine.
I wrote a book exploring the nature of identity and loss of self! And another book about babies!
Also, vlog and short-story blog

slinches
Slinches get Stinches

Postby slinches » Fri Aug 23, 2013 7:38 pm UTC

jovialbard wrote:1. engage in activity for enjoyment and recreation rather than a serious or practical purpose.
2. take part in (a sport).

Punning is both making something fun instead of serious and it is generally engaged in competitively. So I think "play on words" works just fine.

To ucim's point, I think "play on words" is an idiom that can be used to describe a single instance of word play. Saying "It was play with words" would sound funny and "It was word play" could sound like "It was sword play" if it were slurred.

Also, play can mean a single action sequence, mostly used in sports, as in "the shortstop made a diving play".

Exodies

Postby Exodies » Fri Aug 23, 2013 7:39 pm UTC

lmjb1964 wrote:Exodies, why on earth would make that comment about Schwartbewithyou's cake? Maybe it's meant to be a joke, but if I had posted a cake that I made and someone said that, I'd be really hurt. It looks delicious, and I think it's a cool idea that Schwartbewithyou had. I know that there's been at least one OTTer that used it. (BlitzGirl, I think, and it looks like she's done it again.)

{P1371}
I have a thing about cat vomit used as a food supplement from watching too much Blackadder.
(I don't think I've ever posted anything which would lead anyone to believe they may not be offended by my remarks)
Ware2 guv? The Book of Dave

TheMinim

Postby TheMinim » Fri Aug 23, 2013 7:40 pm UTC

I forgot to comment on the delicious cakes. They're delicious. :D

azule
Saved

Postby azule » Fri Aug 23, 2013 7:56 pm UTC

HES wrote:
azule wrote:Image

I love this alternate take! It's a bit like garfield minus garfield (In that it alters the perspective, not that it's dark and depressing) Very steakish!
Dark and depressing would be a compliment. I'll try harder. Thanks.

ucim wrote:@azule - Love the newcomic otty!
Thanks! :)

ucim wrote:Nice "ladies who lunch" touch!
Okay, I tried looking it up but couldn't make the connection. What does this phrase mean?

ucim wrote:I guess BlitzGirl saw the chain of puns. :)

Ooh, is this an application of my jerk chain? ;) (You know, 'cuz how you xuys worked as a team to create a higher level of being pun jerks than could be possible doing so alone.)

Wow, that is so awesomeful. I love the blotchy ink...the real, not simulated blotches. Can't wait for the scan.

If you read this sig, post about one arbitrary thing you did today.

I celebrate up to six arbitrary things before breakfast.
Time does drag on and on and contain spoilers. Be aware of memes.

42 guests

Postby 42 guests » Fri Aug 23, 2013 7:57 pm UTC

AluisioASG wrote:

Code: Select all

--- IN MEMORIAM --------------------------------------------------------
--- 42guests, the One Who Left the Shadows
--- 2013-04-04T07:02:40Z/30T09:26:15Z
--- What does the sound of 42 people watching Time sound like?
--------------------------------------------------------- AluisioASG ---

Neat!

The rumors of my basementing have been greatly exaggerated. Still ketchuping and lurking all your posts in a shy, unsettling silence. ;)
The One Who Left the Shadows

"What does the sound of 42 people watching Time sound like?"
- AluisioASG

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Fri Aug 23, 2013 8:05 pm UTC

Hurray, it's 42 guests! Image
Aluisio's plan worked! It's nice to know you're lurking along with us. :)
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

42 guests

Postby 42 guests » Fri Aug 23, 2013 8:08 pm UTC

Always! And now I have neat material for a signature.

Double bonus! :)
The One Who Left the Shadows

"What does the sound of 42 people watching Time sound like?"
- AluisioASG

Exodies

Postby Exodies » Fri Aug 23, 2013 8:36 pm UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:Perhaps Exodies just wants some cake of his own - he's 50 newpages back, must be pretty hungry.

Spoiler:

LOFL
I've been preparing pictures.
A hat
Spoiler:

LaPetite
Spoiler:

The Librarian; unfortunately I couldn't remove the reflection from the glass protecting this painting.
Spoiler:

And so to molpy down
Spoiler:
Ware2 guv? The Book of Dave

Whizbang
The Best Reporter

Postby Whizbang » Fri Aug 23, 2013 8:56 pm UTC

Re-pun-dant:
Spoiler:
Puns.png

Edited to fix mustard
Last edited by Whizbang on Fri Aug 23, 2013 9:07 pm UTC, edited 3 times in total.

Earthling on Mars
Morning

Blindpost from NP1366

Postby Earthling on Mars » Fri Aug 23, 2013 8:57 pm UTC

NP1361
Angelastic wrote:Some twenty years after the Voldeframe, New Cuegania has become quite a successful empire. Cuegan explore to find and understand the technologies of new peoples, and Megan sometimes invents things. LaPetite builds a fleet and starts a successful shipping and trading company. Sandy and Littlest Bangs Brother grow up to start a comedy music duo known as Bangs and Sandy; that is to say, they don't really grow up.

<snip>

I like the idea of LaPetite as a sailor.
(from http://www.xkcd.com/372/)

redundant
Spoiler:
P.S. Today's my birthday. :)
lapetite_ship.png
lapetite_ship.png (30.45 KiB) Viewed 12595 times

redundant_birthday.png
redundant_birthday.png (6.68 KiB) Viewed 12595 times

yappobiscuits

Postby yappobiscuits » Fri Aug 23, 2013 9:02 pm UTC

Whizbang wrote:
Spoiler:

Happy birthday, Earthling! I like Sailor LaPetite too!

higgs-boson

Re: Blindpost from NP1366

Postby higgs-boson » Fri Aug 23, 2013 9:05 pm UTC

Earthling on Mars wrote:I like the idea of LaPetite as a sailor.
(from http://www.xkcd.com/372/)

I was tempted to pun a Sailor Moon quote.
But I am too frightened of BlitzGirl. :oops:
Apostolic Visitator, Holiest of Holy Fun-Havers
You have questions about XKCD: "Time"? There's a whole Wiki dedicated to it!

ggh

Drinks on the Pope! (at a microscopic level)

Postby ggh » Fri Aug 23, 2013 9:10 pm UTC

Good morning! Sorry I couldn't stay awake for my whole papacy, but thank you so much for the great poems! One last drink -

For Valarya's rolicking double dactyl that I couldn't agree with more: Mexican light lager!
Spoiler:

And even though it's not 1401 anymore, I was hearing this in my head as I molpied down, and want to add:

jjjdavidson
Thanks once again for the
hour-by-hourly
graphs of this sluice!

Cheerfully letting me
narcississistic'ly
see my own patterns of
language abuse.
Requested a magnet? I'm sorry I'm so super-slow, but you will get it
Agatha the Awesomeful

In a Comically Tragic Turn of Events Addams Didn't Die. Please help. (Wait, does that sound like I want you to kill addams?)

HES

Postby HES » Fri Aug 23, 2013 9:38 pm UTC

yappobiscuits wrote:
jjjdavidson wrote:
HES wrote:Yay! Graphs! I still don't believe my posting is so uniform. That said, it correlates to US timezones rather than my own...
Bloody ch*rp, you're in Nottingham? I wouldn't have guessed. That puts your peak posting times from 10-11pm and from midnight to 1am; in fact, your graph is similar to yappo's, though not shifted so  musicianishly  extremely. (And I wonder why you both have a noticeable posting dip in the middle of the night: you from 11pm to midnight, and yappo from midnight to 1am? Some English custom? Something irresistible on the BBC?  Late-night chirp?  Nighttime elevenses?)

I honestly have no idea where that dip comes from! Mandatory cup of tea perhaps?

I usually forget to eat untill around then, and put on an episode of something while I cook and eat. My eating habits are one of the reasons I didn't move back home over summer - free food and not having to cook is not worth having to eat at normal person hours.

Speaking of forgetting to eat...
He/Him/His Image

balthasar_s

Postby balthasar_s » Fri Aug 23, 2013 9:49 pm UTC

I just finished this 2873 colorization and could not keep it for myself until September so i took a photo:
Spoiler:
color1.JPG

Edited because of a redundaspoiler fail.
Last edited by balthasar_s on Sat Jun 20, 2015 5:16 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.
BSTA
Good luck, my blitzing friends!
BTTBAA:1023 # Mustard? Use the mirror! Blitzing? Also use the mirror! And here's why. # OTT facebug copy
that's a robot so it doesn't countImage
This text was autogenerated:
swimming unit detector active

bmonk
Location: Schitzoed in the OTT between the 2100s and the late 900s. Hoping for singularity.

Postby bmonk » Fri Aug 23, 2013 10:02 pm UTC

I see that I have reached 50 posts here. Well, this makes 51, but still. It's a minor contribution to the foolishness/awesomeness that is the OTT.

A half cupcake for everyone!
Spoiler:
flag-cupcake.jpg
flag-cupcake.jpg (35.96 KiB) Viewed 12524 times
Last edited by bmonk on Fri Aug 23, 2013 10:23 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Having become a Wizard on n.p. 2183, the Yellow Piggy retroactively appointed his honorable self a Temporal Wizardly Piggy on n.p.1488, not to be effective until n.p. 2183, thereby avoiding a partial temporal paradox. Since he couldn't afford two philosophical PhDs to rule on the title.

Return to “Individual XKCD Comic Threads”