1190: "Time"

This forum is for the individual discussion thread that goes with each new comic.

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

mscha

Time After Time: t-1_0288

Postby mscha » Sun Nov 01, 2015 12:30 am UTC

THONGAMAJIG...
Spoiler:
Wait for it again.
Spoiler:
Original filename:

Code: Select all

W1FJVUxEUkc+TUQ8QjctRDw5S0RCYVZMZlpSbWFYMS4XKS0XFBcaFxwiHCImNS8wOzQ0KywxKycoNjMaLTEaDhEJCg4TCQsKEQ4GJB8PHiAPFRgMISEPMy0tOjMqLTEhHSIUIR0aSkAucGRbQzgaDRIYXVRRIh4hRj9AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.png
ENHANCE!
-- posted by newpixbot

ZoomanSP
Location: Twelve days north of the Othercomic threads, and a few degrees south of complete insanity. (©yappo)

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby ZoomanSP » Sun Nov 01, 2015 1:05 am UTC

An unused t1i scene4! Steakish, SilentTimer!

Great wolpy costumes, SBN!

HES wrote:With the recent WHO announcement, does that mean we can shorten semencoffeecancerbaconbabiesstarsandonice to semencoffeebaconbabiesstarsandonice?

I rather wonder when they will find out about the effects of the remaining substances...
Wait on.

Spoiler:
Kieryn wrote:They have a culture involving hat wearing. What kind of a collective would come up with such a thing!?
BlitzGirl wrote:I'll get the razor and finish off Occam while we're at it.
ucim / Megan wrote:"It can do whatever it wants. It's the OTT."

lmjb1964
Location: In the Present! Need to ketchup NP 2236-2280, plus NP 2026-2058 and something like 2060-2090+?.

I'M SUCH A LEFT BAOBABBY WHEN IT COMES TO ENHANCING

Postby lmjb1964 » Sun Nov 01, 2015 1:23 am UTC

Wow, quite a few posts for a wipend. :D

SBN, those costumes are too ch*rpin' cute.

Yay for ggh and the rest of NZ!

Yay for more behind the scenes of t1i! Will there be a making of the making of the making of?

I wonder what the strip of greyish stuff under the pasta is? And are the Beanies heading back up to warn the others? Head for the hills?

ZoomanSP wrote:
HES wrote:With the recent WHO announcement, does that mean we can shorten semencoffeecancerbaconbabiesstarsandonice to semencoffeebaconbabiesstarsandonice?

I rather wonder when they will find out about the effects of the remaining substances...

Yes, any day now they'll prove that babies cause cancer.

Not too many young'uns coming by for candy so far. It's ok, I still have work to do on my costume. Yikes!

You helped Addams stay in her home, and gave her a better life. She thanks you, and so do I.
Imagesmiley by yappo
That's a robot but it totally counts. Image

bot by balthasar_s

mscha

Time After Time: t-1_0289

Postby mscha » Sun Nov 01, 2015 4:30 am UTC

PALPITATONGLY...
Spoiler:
Wait for it again.
Spoiler:
Original filename:

YlZMXVRRXFFJZ1tSbWFXcmRaVUxEUkc+RDw5QjgtSEAvTEM8OjMqLTEaKSwXISEPFxwiMy0tOzQ0NS8wKycoHCImLjEhCQoIEQ4JFRgMHiAPHSITDhEIMS4YNjMZIh4aCg4TFRcaLS0xIB8NS0RCQjYZIh4hDRIYeGphHycwRj9AbWNgAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.png
ENHANCE!
-- posted by newpixbot

mscha

Time After Time: t-1_0290

Postby mscha » Sun Nov 01, 2015 8:30 am UTC

HERRONGBONED...
Spoiler:
Wait for it again.
Spoiler:
Original filename:

VkxEUkc9YlZMXFFJTEM7QjctOzMqRDw5Z1tSKCwXHiEPDRIYDhEICg4TIyMPFRgMEQ4HCAoGHSITLDEaXVRRS0RCIh0aLjEiQTUYNTIZMS4YIB8ObWFXFRgaKycoMy0tRz9AIh4hcmVbeWxifHFnFxwiNS8wHCEmOzQ0LC0wAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.png
ENHANCE!
-- posted by newpixbot

mscha

Time After Time: t-1_0291

Postby mscha » Sun Nov 01, 2015 12:30 pm UTC

MYRONGA...
Spoiler:
Wait for it again.
Spoiler:
Original filename:

XVJJVkxEU0c9Z1tSYlZMcmRYTEI6RDw4TkEvQjgtXlA-cF9GdGNKZ1Y9fGYoi3QLkXgOknoQhG4IaFcFOTMDEQ4ICAkFDhEIFhgLHiEOHSITHCImFRgaFxwiJysWKycoXVRRcl44YE43emU5iXIRNC0CIyMNDRIYIh0ZS0RCb2BMeGthgWspWUwFMi4YbWFXU0MrTUIEIh4hg20VOzQ0e2cHIR8NLDEaLjEicF4LOzMqNDIZMy0tQzoEQjgQLC0wRj9ANS8wCg4Ud2xkAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.png
ENHANCE!
-- posted by newpixbot

ETA by mscha: I don't understand what the camera is doing. (First moving away from the yellow thingies towards nothing, then reversing course.)

mscha

Time After Time: t-1_0292

Postby mscha » Sun Nov 01, 2015 4:30 pm UTC

NEWFONGLE...
Spoiler:
Wait for it again.
Spoiler:
Original filename:

Y1ZMZ1tSXVJJV0xETEI6U0c9QjguPDMqRTw3eWQ5inMLg20GloFJlYRrc2VXhXVbkH9nEQ4EDhEHinpjg20YfGgFknsRjHUTcl8EMi4CFxgHBwgDIB8BJSUFNS8wOzQ0My0sS0RCbWFXXVRRaFc9TkEvCg4UkXkOaVgGNjIDJysWLS8oKycpb2BNiXZHMS4YhnIvU0gFHCImcF9GfGcoFx0iFBgadGNKeWxiHiEOfmkYDhIYV0k1cV43RD0DRj9AHSMTMTAZKzAaIh0ZIh4hfXFoAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.png
ENHANCE!
-- posted by newpixbot

slinches
Slinches get Stinches

Postby slinches » Sun Nov 01, 2015 4:55 pm UTC

I wonder where we'll pan to next in the hidden ongs? And will there be a zoom out on the mystery ongs? It's either that or jump cuts between the dam degradation and the beanies RUNning.

mikrit

Re: Time After Time: t-1_0291

Postby mikrit » Sun Nov 01, 2015 5:00 pm UTC

mscha wrote:ETA by mscha: I don't understand what the camera is doing. (First moving away from the yellow thingies towards nothing, then reversing course.)
And the black-and-white camerabeanie doesn't follow the elevator, but keeps filming the burbulent water. That's ominous, as if something more is waiting to happen to the breach.

Prediction: Krumble. Burble! Ka-splash! SCHPLRUTZ! RE-KRUMBLE! (Those are Beanish onomatopetic words, transcribed for your convenience.)
Hatted and wimpled by ergman.
Dubbed "First and Eldest of Ottificators" by svenman.
Febrion wrote: "etc" is latin for "this would look better with more examples, but I can't think of any".

balthasar_s

Re: NOW IF YOU'LL EXCUSE ME, I HAVE A BRAINSLUG TO CRENELLAT

Postby balthasar_s » Sun Nov 01, 2015 6:12 pm UTC

NoMouse wrote:In any case, it seems like a DIY bot. It almost looks like some of your creations... *suspicious face*

*whistles innocently*

Redundant
Spoiler:
robocik.JPG
robocik.JPG (59.3 KiB) Viewed 8985 times
BSTA
Good luck, my blitzing friends!
BTTBAA:1023 # Mustard? Use the mirror! Blitzing? Also use the mirror! And here's why. # OTT facebug copy
that's a robot so it doesn't countImage
This text was autogenerated:
swimming unit detector active

mrob27

HELLO, I'M LMJB1964. BASICALLY, RUN!

Postby mrob27 » Sun Nov 01, 2015 7:58 pm UTC

Blindpost:
  I just saw this image pop up in imagebot's directory, and now I'm wondering OMCR, who is building a real-life version of the mustardpliersrubbishbinlidapolcalyptobot? And will they let me have one to keep as a pet until they become sentient and initiate the e** of all the black pixels?
  ETA: Image, I should have guessed :D
  ETA2: I like the hard drive platter, much better than a rubbish can lid.
Robert Munafohttp://mrob.com@mrob_27
I ᴍᴀᴅᴇ sᴏɍᴛᴡᴀʀᴇ ᴛʜᴀᴛ Rᴀɴᴅᴀʟʟ ɍᴏᴜɴᴅ ᴜsᴇɍᴜʟ ɪɴ ᴛʜɪs хᴋᴄᴅ

mscha

Time After Time: t-1_0293

Postby mscha » Sun Nov 01, 2015 8:30 pm UTC

ZIPONGU...
Spoiler:
Wait for it again.
Spoiler:
Original filename:

XVJJYlZMWE1EZltSS0RCU0c9RTw1QjguPDMrTEI5My0sXVRRbWFXU0YvjHYSiXMLhHRcinpjiHZJg20HemcHkXkOalwHbmALeWYXbl4Lalk5OzU0f3Bbg20XiHMuVUoFb2BNdGNKUkgFNTMDQz0ELS8odGZXMS0Zk4JqMS4CNDIdJywWlYJaknsRmoEUJiUDHSEOHSMTKicoKDAaFxcEIR4BFBgaIh4XDhEHEQ4BkH9nCAgCemUyRj9AfXFndmpiNhwDCQ4UIh4hcF9HNC8wHCImFxwiDhIYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.png
ENHANCE!
-- posted by newpixbot

Sciscitor

Re: NOW IF YOU'LL EXCUSE ME, I HAVE A BRAINSLUG TO CRENELLAT

Postby Sciscitor » Sun Nov 01, 2015 8:42 pm UTC

balthasar_s wrote:
NoMouse wrote:In any case, it seems like a DIY bot. It almost looks like some of your creations... *suspicious face*

*whistles innocently*

And yet... the ONGs per se do not look very balthasarishly...
TFDA Senior OTT Analyst (Resources, The Database of OTC and OTT Related Art)
To all Blitzers (Maugrim, micdi, Purplepants77 et al): Have fun and enjoy your journey!
Holmes, Sherlock wrote:"It's elementary, my dear Watson!"1
1 Holmes actually never said this.

balthasar_s

Re: HELLO, I'M LMJB1964. BASICALLY, RUN!

Postby balthasar_s » Sun Nov 01, 2015 8:43 pm UTC

mrob27 wrote:ETA: Image, I should have guessed :D
If you look carefully enough you'll see that it has to be from me.

This "bot" is made of things I found in my room held together by tape:
Spoiler:

Redundant:
robocikzlewej.jpg
robocikzprawej.jpg

ETA:
Sciscitor wrote:And yet... the ONGs per se do not look very balthasarishly...

But the frame hiding method does.
And there is this . . .

But no, I'm not involved in doing the ONGs.
BSTA
BTTBAA:1023 # Mustard? Use the mirror! Blitzing? Also use the mirror! And here's why. # OTT facebug copy

NoMouse

IN B4 RECENT TRANSLATEOUNG

Postby NoMouse » Sun Nov 01, 2015 9:48 pm UTC

@balthasar_s
Haha, that is great! :D And yeah, the HDD platter is better, it fits better into scale. A trash can lid would be too big.

And of course, this would be a perfect strategy to get out of the shadow of suspicion. A double bluff.
Time. The final frontier. These are the voyages of Cueball and Megan. Its continuing mission: to explore strange new worlds, to seek out new life and new civilizations, to boldly go where no one has gone before.

balthasar_s

Postby balthasar_s » Sun Nov 01, 2015 10:14 pm UTC

@WT1190F
Maybe it's a blitzrocket?
BSTA

mscha

Time After Time: t-1_0294

Postby mscha » Mon Nov 02, 2015 12:30 am UTC

CONGRESSPERSONS...
Spoiler:
Wait for it again.
Spoiler:
Original filename:

V01EXVJJTEI5Rjw0QjguPDQrUkc9WVNPYlZMZltSS0RCOElHJEZIGBcDOzU0H0RFLDArFxkZZlg5JiUDNC0qh3MthW0UjXYTkXkORj9AbWJXdmUsknsRdGQVdmpialcNRT0GJisWEQ4BDRMZWk41IR4YMS4DZ1snb2ALbmBNaVwHaVoWKigoIR4BVEoFiXMLd2YJg20HNS8wcV9Gd2U4dGNKdGZYf3BbhHRccF02JzAbHiQSMi8bHSENDhEGFx0iCQ0UCAgCHCImIx4hiXdKmINMk4JqinpjfXFnmYAVNTMDm4lwkH9nAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.png
ENHANCE!
-- posted by newpixbot

ucim

Postby ucim » Mon Nov 02, 2015 12:47 am UTC

Looks like tire tracks going up left, but the other trail (left to right, at the bottom) does not resemble tire tracks, but rather, crinkled metal.

Mysteries abound! Where's TheMinim when you need her to annoy?!

And what are those symbols under the recycle logo? (Interesting that the recycle logo has persisted for so many yips.)

Jose
Order of the Sillies, Honoris Causam - bestowed by charlie_grumbles on NP 859 * OTTscar winner: Wordsmith - bestowed by yappobiscuts and the OTT on NP 1832 * Ecclesiastical Calendar of the Order of the Holy Contradiction * Heartfelt thanks from addams and from me - you really made a difference.

lmjb1964
Location: In the Present! Need to ketchup NP 2236-2280, plus NP 2026-2058 and something like 2060-2090+?.

IT'S A CAKE. IT'S A BAOBAB. IT'S _SUPERSTARCAT_!

Postby lmjb1964 » Mon Nov 02, 2015 12:53 am UTC

Happy RNM,Zooman!

D'awww, I love balthasar's new hiddenONGs bot. :)

Maybe we're about to see a big blowout in the dam. Then we'll have to wait to find out if the Beanies made it out OK.

Yanno, I still wonder why that hammock was up so high.

RSIR:
Spoiler:
tortoisecake.jpeg
tortoisecake.jpeg (7.86 KiB) Viewed 8692 times

You helped Addams stay in her home, and gave her a better life. She thanks you, and so do I.
Imagesmiley by yappo

bot by balthasar_s

ZoomanSP
Location: Twelve days north of the Othercomic threads, and a few degrees south of complete insanity. (©yappo)

Postby ZoomanSP » Mon Nov 02, 2015 1:45 am UTC

lmjb1964 wrote:Happy RNM,Zooman!

Thank you! I completely missed it! :)

ucim wrote:And what are those symbols under the recycle logo? (Interesting that the recycle logo has persisted for so many yips.)

If the logo still means "recycling", then it probably reads "recycling" in proto-Beanish.
Wait on.

Spoiler:
Kieryn wrote:They have a culture involving hat wearing. What kind of a collective would come up with such a thing!?

mscha

Time After Time: t-1_0295

Postby mscha » Mon Nov 02, 2015 4:30 am UTC

POACHONGS...
Spoiler:
Wait for it again.
Spoiler:
Original filename:

XVJJV0xEWFRMUkc9SkdEV0w2FxcCDRMTEQ4DQzsHTEIGNjMDCAgCRjwzM0tMJ0dJH0NFOE9QbmAYJyYGIR4CHTc5ZltSIh4ZMi4DWk4JOzU0TUM5QjguhGwTRzoUYldMVkkIb1sNGRkWMjAcNS0mPTQrKzIzMD9AHSMnGR4jKCgod2UUZlg5eWU2HSEPDhEGdWQsh3MtaVsWJSoVb1s5ZloojXYSkXkPbWJXdmpiknsRhHRcaVsHeGYJb2ALcV9Gg20HiXMLdGNKbmFMdGZYfXFpHiQSf3BaloJSk4Jqinpjm4EViXZIm4lwkH9oAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.png
ENHANCE!
-- posted by newpixbot

mrob27

WE'RE GONNA NEED A MORE SEAISH WOWTREE

Postby mrob27 » Mon Nov 02, 2015 5:26 am UTC

balthasar_s wrote:If you look carefully enough you'll see that it has to be from me.

… or anyone who took the time to try to "frame" you with a replica PWr thesis, etc. :) … though the fact that it was you who posted the image would probably bias the jury a bit…

But the frame hiding method does.

Nomolpy would ever be suspicious of that

ZoomanSP wrote:If the logo still means "recycling", then it probably reads "recycling" in proto-Beanish.

mrob27 Image

(Edit: PW -> PWr)

Spoiler:
Fry Tautology or Redundant.jpg
Not sure if Tautology or just Redundant
Last edited by mrob27 on Mon Nov 02, 2015 11:38 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.

Eternal Density

Re: 1190: "Epsilon"

Postby Eternal Density » Mon Nov 02, 2015 5:33 am UTC

I accidentally started a RELATED discussion in an otherforum, about virgin sacrifices.
J: "The going rate is twelve equivalent virgins."
HV: "Equivalent to what?"
H: "Each other."
J: "No no, the equivalent to twelve virgins. Watch for inflation."
HV: "I don't think I want to know how virgins inflate."
A: "Do you know how hard it is to find TWELVE virgins that are equivalent?"
J: "Bring it up with the idiots who went and flooded the market, it used to be three."
V: "Wait, so inflation makes virgins to multiply ?!"
HV: "If you search long and hard, you probably won't find any."

:azule:
Play the game of Time! castle.chirpingmustard.com Hotdog Vending Supplier But what is this?
In the Marvel vs. DC film-making war, we're all winners.

ZoomanSP

Postby ZoomanSP » Mon Nov 02, 2015 6:03 am UTC

mrob27 wrote:
ZoomanSP wrote:If the logo still means "recycling", then it probably reads "recycling" in proto-Beanish.
Spoiler:

Yay for redundancy! :) But of course, it could also read "rulers only" or something like that.
Wait on.

Spoiler:

mikrit

Postby mikrit » Mon Nov 02, 2015 6:34 am UTC

The sign means: "Store roundabout traffic signs here", but there was an imported ruler-disposing robot that couldn't read protobeanish. The mistake will eventually destroy civilization.

By the way, the Wikipedia article on Roundabout is extremely long and detailed, with a cute animated traffic flow diagram, slighty hypnotic to watch (two diagrams, in fact, for left-side and for right-side driving). Yay for traffic geeks!
Febrion wrote: "etc" is latin for "this would look better with more examples, but I can't think of any".

mscha

Time Randomly Revisited - np2840

Postby mscha » Mon Nov 02, 2015 7:00 am UTC

PREARRONGEMENTS...
Spoiler:
Wait for it.
(Colorization by Hillperson.)

OTT Time Travel

AUTOMOME wrote:ONE DOES NOT SIMPLY BLINDPOST INTO THE AFOREWHEN

-- posted by randompixbot

balthasar_s

Re: WE'RE GONNA NEED A MORE SEAISH WOWTREE

Postby balthasar_s » Mon Nov 02, 2015 8:01 am UTC

mrob27 wrote:
balthasar_s wrote:If you look carefully enough you'll see that it has to be from me.

… or anyone who took the time to try to "frame" you with a replica PW thesis, etc. :) … though the fact that it was you who posted the image would probably bias the jury a bit…
The thesis would not be so difficult, all PWr's thesis topics are available online, the cover is standarised, and I uploaded the thesis itself once. The official abbreviation is PWr.
Parts of the bot can be seen in pictures I posted to the OTT before, like here or here.

BTW, here you can notice the car from bftf-0652.

Or there could be written what should be recycled there. And it doesn't have to be the rulers. They wanted to store them somewhere so they used this box which was meant for something else. Or there could be name of the recycling company, or whatever else. I've seen bins with
"PWr
E - 1" written on them. E-1 is the building number.
BSTA

mscha

Time After Time: t-1_0296

Postby mscha » Mon Nov 02, 2015 8:30 am UTC

LONGUIDLY...
Spoiler:
Wait for it again.
Spoiler:
Original filename:

GiMoFR4jDBgaCAgCKTI0MktNKUhKNk9QTFNKemUTaVsHQzsHIh0OFRQDODQEOlBRaFoqbFsUEQ4EKSYFMy0FHDIzVkkJTEIHP1BJQjguGRgUXVEGMkM5V0wzJikqHiQSdWQxg2sUTUM5OjY0KzxERjwzMT9FNS0kZ1g5MzAcSklEPTQrUkc9V0xESjwaHCEODhEFb2ALH0NFh3ItJCkVg20HXVJJiXMLY1dMZltScF9GbmFMbWJXdmpifHJrjHYSbmAXhHRceGYIkXkPdGNKdGdYf3BbknsSindKk4JqkH9ninpjnIlwmINNmIAiAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.png
ENHANCE!
-- posted by newpixbot

Neil_Boekend

Re: 1190: "Epsilon"

Postby Neil_Boekend » Mon Nov 02, 2015 8:34 am UTC

Eternal Density wrote:V: "Wait, so inflation makes virgins to multiply ?!"

Usually virgins stop being virgins when they multiply.
Mikeski wrote:A "What If" update is never late. Nor is it early. It is posted precisely when it should be.

patzer's signature wrote:
flicky1991 wrote:I'm being quoted too much!

he/him/his

DrSamCarter

Re: Time After Time: t-1_0296

Postby DrSamCarter » Mon Nov 02, 2015 11:00 am UTC

mscha wrote:ENHANCE!
-- posted by newpixbot

The two signs on the recycling bin are not identical. It would appear that one may be a reflection of the other. Perhaps the sign-making machine suffered a glitch. Perhaps protoBeanish can be read in either direction. Perhaps it says "This sign is reversible".

I also wonder what happened to whatever it was that made the longer tyre mark.

I was tidying my desk this afternoon (no, correction, I moved a couple of pieces of paper on my desk) and I came across my printout of balthasar_s's steakish hand-drawn example of how the hidden-ONGs work. Having also seen the DIY bot that he built today,and remembering bftf as well, it occurred to me that although balthasar_s is wowterfully digitally savvy, he is also delightfully analogue.

Neil_Boekend

Postby Neil_Boekend » Mon Nov 02, 2015 11:08 am UTC

The track goes off the quay. Between the poles. And it seems to be a car tire, not a bike or motorcycle tire.
Curiouser and curiouser.
Mikeski wrote:A "What If" update is never late. Nor is it early. It is posted precisely when it should be.

patzer's signature wrote:
flicky1991 wrote:I'm being quoted too much!

he/him/his

mrob27

COULD REDUNDANCY _BE_ ANY MORE ROUNDABOUT?

Postby mrob27 » Mon Nov 02, 2015 11:45 am UTC

Sorry @ZoomanSP, I thought you were referring to the "meaning" of the recycling logo and the "reading" of the recycling logo :? until I saw this and realised there was a roundabout discussion of the bidirectional writing:
DrSamCarter wrote:The two signs on the recycling bin are not identical. It would appear that one may be a reflection of the other. Perhaps the sign-making machine suffered a glitch. Perhaps protoBeanish can be read in either direction. Perhaps it says "This sign is reversible".

Here is a vehicle used by China Post at a railway station:

The door on the far side is open, and says "CHINA POST / 中国邮政", and on the near side "TSOP ANIHC / 政邮国中", because in Chinese things on the sides of vehicles are written front-to-back. The logo is reversed but the individual glyphs (Chinese and Roman) are not…

@balthasar_s, Thanks for the links to your older photos and things. I've fixed the PWr abbreviation. I kind of think that the recycling box recycles things by sending them back in time.

mrob27 Image

Spoiler:
China Post - TSOP ANIHC.jpg
A vehicle with reversed English text on the right side door

mscha

Time After Time: t-1_0297

Postby mscha » Mon Nov 02, 2015 12:30 pm UTC

MONGELWURZEL...
Spoiler:
Wait for it again.
Spoiler:
Original filename:

CRYXEx4iKTM0O1FRQlRTN09QKUhKFxgVGSMnHiQRM0xOCRALCAgDOTY0HTIySklETUM5VksyQjguPTQrJikrTEIHbFsTW04KFRQFMy0FODUFMkI5MjEbIh0NVkgJQzsHKSYFEQ4FNS0kH0NFTD4ZSVNGeWUUdmQxaFkyg20HaVsHV0xEMT9Fg2sUb2ALJCgVHSEPKzxEUkc9Rjwzh3IsXFJJY1dMeWYIZlpSjXYScV9GbGJXdmtifXJrhXVbiXMLbmBMdGNKdGdYkXkOknsRf3Bbk4FbiHZLk4Jqinpkm4hwkH9mmYEmAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.png
ENHANCE!
-- posted by newpixbot

balthasar_s

629 :AABTTB

Postby balthasar_s » Mon Nov 02, 2015 12:31 pm UTC

mrob27 wrote:I kind of think that the recycling box recycles things by sending them back in time.

And all the rulers are actually just one ruler recycled again and again... ?
BSTA

NoMouse

Re: WE'RE GONNA NEED A MORE SEAISH WOWTREE

Postby NoMouse » Mon Nov 02, 2015 12:53 pm UTC

balthasar_s wrote:
Spoiler:
mrob27 wrote:

… or anyone who took the time to try to "frame" you with a replica PW thesis, etc. :) … though the fact that it was you who posted the image would probably bias the jury a bit…
The thesis would not be so difficult, all PWr's thesis topics are available online, the cover is standarised, and I uploaded the thesis itself once. The official abbreviation is PWr.
Parts of the bot can be seen in pictures I posted to the OTT before, like here or here.

BTW, here you can notice the car from bftf-0652.

Or there could be written what should be recycled there. And it doesn't have to be the rulers. They wanted to store them somewhere so they used this box which was meant for something else. Or there could be name of the recycling company, or whatever else. I've seen bins with
"PWr
E - 1" written on them. E-1 is the building number.

A bin used for recycling pressurized water reactors? :shock:

*looks at the link to PWr's thesis*

Oh, that's what PWr means... I got it confused with PWR.

ETA:
DrSamCarter wrote:The two signs on the recycling bin are not identical. It would appear that one may be a reflection of the other. Perhaps the sign-making machine suffered a glitch. Perhaps protoBeanish can be read in either direction. Perhaps it says "This sign is reversible".
Normally, I would say it's an error caused by texture mapping (the texture is probably projected to opposite sides of the bin from the same source, therefore it's correct on one side and reflected on the opposite side), but that could be taken as heresy, so I'm willing to accept that it was done on purpose and it has a hidden meaning. :D
Time. The final frontier. These are the voyages of Cueball and Megan. Its continuing mission: to explore strange new worlds, to seek out new life and new civilizations, to boldly go where no one has gone before.

mikrit

Re: COULD REDUNDANCY _BE_ ANY MORE ROUNDABOUT?

Postby mikrit » Mon Nov 02, 2015 1:26 pm UTC

mrob27 wrote:The door on the far side is open, and says "CHINA POST / 中国邮政", and on the near side "TSOP ANIHC / 政邮国中", because in Chinese things on the sides of vehicles are written front-to-back. The logo is reversed but the individual glyphs (Chinese and Roman) are not…

That's weird. It can't be to make the text look right in a rear mirror. The only advantage seems to be that you can stand by the road and read text on passing vehicles without moving your eyes. I thought the normal reading direction for Chinese was left-to-right nowadays.

Well, it's a strange world. NATO has a reversed acronym OTAN that can be used in French-speaking countries. So, a NATO vehicle with "NATO" on the left door and "OTAN" on the right door could be used in English-speaking, French-speaking and Chinese-speaking countries. Very practical.

ucim

Postby ucim » Mon Nov 02, 2015 2:57 pm UTC

NeilBoekend wrote:Usually virgins stop being virgins when they multiply.
Isn't it like multplying vectors - it results in another vector rising normal to the plane of conjugation?

Hillperson sure made a lot of treeish colorizations! Whatever happened to xem?

The cONGs camera is moving in this funny way because it's a drone, and airspace rules have gotten very complex in the several ten hundred yips since they were first released. It's probably avoiding all sorts of controlled airspace. After all, you never know when a manually controlled beanie bucket will appear in the frame, and a collision would be unmolpish.

Jose
Order of the Sillies, Honoris Causam - bestowed by charlie_grumbles on NP 859 * OTTscar winner: Wordsmith - bestowed by yappobiscuts and the OTT on NP 1832 * Ecclesiastical Calendar of the Order of the Holy Contradiction * Heartfelt thanks from addams and from me - you really made a difference.

mscha

Time After Time: t-1_0298

Postby mscha » Mon Nov 02, 2015 4:30 pm UTC

STRUGGLONGLY...
Spoiler:
Wait for it again.
Spoiler:
Original filename:

CxYYExoaGSMnFB8jKTQ1QVRTPFFRBQ8RDhEHM01ON09QSklEMkI5S1JIbWJYJikrHDAxKUhKEQ4HMT9FVUsyTUM6NTMZNS0kRjwYVkgKZlg5aVsHOTUFFhUIJCgVIh0MQzsHTkMICAgDMy0FH0NFKSUFbFsTemUUHiQRg2sTb2ALOjY0PTQrQjgub2EWaVsqg20HUkc9V0xEKzxDRjwzemcHXFJJY1dMiHMvZlpScF9Gd2xkhHRcd2QxjXcSiXMLdGNKdGdYf3BbkXkOknsRbmBMiHZImodwk4JqkoBainpjkH9omoEVAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.png
ENHANCE!
-- posted by newpixbot

lmjb1964

IT'S A PUZZLE. IT'S A THREAD. IT'S _SUPERPUNSAW_!

Postby lmjb1964 » Mon Nov 02, 2015 4:31 pm UTC

I they're in a plane of conjugation, they definitely are no longer virgins.

It looks like a car tire, but there's only one track. Unless it's a really wide car and we just can't seen the other track.

Imagesmiley by yappo

bot by balthasar_s

balthasar_s

BTTBAA: 926

Postby balthasar_s » Mon Nov 02, 2015 5:05 pm UTC

lmjb1964 wrote:It looks like a car tire, but there's only one track. Unless it's a really wide car and we just can't seen the other track.

Or it was this bot:
Spoiler:

ETA: How to read a PM without it being detected.

When a PM is sent it is in the outbox and can edited or removed.
When you open the PM from your inbox, it's moved from the sender's outbox and then it can't be edited or removed anymore.

phpBB remembers if a PM is a reply to another PM.
When you view a PM, below it you can see all the previous and next PMs in a small "message history" window.

You send a PM.
You get a reply.
You don't open the reply in your inbox.
Instead you open your original PM.
In "message history" you can see the reply without having the fact registered by phpBB.
BSTA

Return to “Individual XKCD Comic Threads”