1190: "Time"

This forum is for the individual discussion thread that goes with each new comic.

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

SBN
Saved
Location: No longer in the home of the raptorcats, now in the home of the raptorcats.

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby SBN » Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:38 am UTC

lmjb1964 wrote:Hi, thunk! Good to see you. Congratulations on graduating and on starting your math PhD. I'm sure that has you doing lots of RUNning, and occasionally some Waiting for It as well.

It sounds like both the sea and the wind are doing what they want right now, and it's rather *ndish. Unlike in the OTC, it is definitely getting winder there. I wonder how SBN is doing? Although I think xe''s further south of where the storm made landfall. Not sure what other OTTers are over there. Sending molpish thoughts to all in the path of the storm. :(

In somewhat RELATED news, it looks like in bsta it will soon be time to PANIC!

SBN had more leaves in the pool than usual, that is all. I'm in NE FL, so clear on the other side of the state. The parts that got hit though, took a big hit.

Congratulations, thunk.

In other news, did all y'all hear about the geyser?
astrotter wrote:It is not particularly clear to me at this time that we are not overanalyzing this...

Randalspeed thunk, iskinner, and other blitzers! Notes from the before-was improve the after-when.
Some Ways to Time
NetWeasel wrote:I want to put that in my sig... BUT I CAN'T!!!!

ZoomanSP
Location: Twelve days north of the Othercomic threads, and a few degrees south of complete insanity. (©yappo)

Postby ZoomanSP » Fri Oct 12, 2018 5:45 pm UTC

Wait on.

Spoiler:
Kieryn wrote:They have a culture involving hat wearing. What kind of a collective would come up with such a thing!?
BlitzGirl wrote:I'll get the razor and finish off Occam while we're at it.
ucim / Megan wrote:"It can do whatever it wants. It's the OTT."

ucim

Postby ucim » Sat Oct 13, 2018 1:09 am UTC

SBN wrote:In other news, did all y'all hear about the geyser?
Nope. Is the sea deciding to do what it wants, under ground?

Jose
Order of the Sillies, Honoris Causam - bestowed by charlie_grumbles on NP 859 * OTTscar winner: Wordsmith - bestowed by yappobiscuts and the OTT on NP 1832 * Ecclesiastical Calendar of the Order of the Holy Contradiction * Please help addams if you can. She needs all of us.

lmjb1964
Location: In the Present! Need to ketchup NP 2236-2280, plus NP 2026-2058 and something like 2060-2090+?.

Postby lmjb1964 » Sat Oct 13, 2018 3:04 pm UTC

Well, I saw this really old guy yesterday...oh wait, that''s a geezer. :)
I'm guessing you're referring to this: [url]https://www.cbsnews.com/news/yellowstone-geyser-erupts-spews-decades-old-trash-2018-10-06/[/url

In which an underground river decided it wanted to be above ground, and revealed that the people from the hills who throw things at people decided to throw things into a geyser instead.

Help addams stay in her home! https://www.crowdrise.com/in-a-comically-tragic-turn-of-events-addams-didnt-die
Imagesmiley by yappo
That's a robot but it totally counts. Image

bot by balthasar_s

SBN
Saved
Location: No longer in the home of the raptorcats, now in the home of the raptorcats.

Postby SBN » Sat Oct 13, 2018 10:33 pm UTC

lmjb1964 wrote:Well, I saw this really old guy yesterday...oh wait, that''s a geezer. :)
I'm guessing you're referring to this: https://www.cbsnews.com/news/yellowstone-geyser-erupts-spews-decades-old-trash-2018-10-06/

In which an underground river decided it wanted to be above ground, and revealed that the people from the hills who throw things at people decided to throw things into a geyser instead.

Yep.
Not completely sure making an exhibit of the trash will convince people not to throw things in.
astrotter wrote:It is not particularly clear to me at this time that we are not overanalyzing this...

Randalspeed thunk, iskinner, and other blitzers! Notes from the before-was improve the after-when.
Some Ways to Time
NetWeasel wrote:I want to put that in my sig... BUT I CAN'T!!!!

rezilibaniatsuS

Re: 1190: Time for Physics – phys-0032

Postby rezilibaniatsuS » Sun Oct 14, 2018 10:00 am UTC

THE FIRST RULE OF SANDISHNESS IS, YOU DON'GT TALK ABOUT SANDISHNESS -- ongomome
Spoiler:
Wait for it.

-- posted by rezilibaniatsuS

ZoomanSP
Location: Twelve days north of the Othercomic threads, and a few degrees south of complete insanity. (©yappo)

Postby ZoomanSP » Sun Oct 14, 2018 10:28 am UTC

Like a riverish wowtree2,8?

RSIR:
Spoiler:
b6610e7f67bb734790d1dcbe61875aac.jpg
b6610e7f67bb734790d1dcbe61875aac.jpg (14.91 KiB) Viewed 1943 times
Wait on.

Spoiler:
Kieryn wrote:They have a culture involving hat wearing. What kind of a collective would come up with such a thing!?
BlitzGirl wrote:I'll get the razor and finish off Occam while we're at it.
ucim / Megan wrote:"It can do whatever it wants. It's the OTT."

ucim

Postby ucim » Sun Oct 14, 2018 1:49 pm UTC

rezilibaniatsuS wrote:THE FIRST RULE OF SANDISHNESS IS, YOU DON'GT TALK ABOUT SANDISHNESS -- ongomome
Spoiler:
Wait for it.

-- posted by rezilibaniatsuS
A Holy Contradiction!

Jose
Order of the Sillies, Honoris Causam - bestowed by charlie_grumbles on NP 859 * OTTscar winner: Wordsmith - bestowed by yappobiscuts and the OTT on NP 1832 * Ecclesiastical Calendar of the Order of the Holy Contradiction * Please help addams if you can. She needs all of us.

balthasar_s

Postby balthasar_s » Mon Oct 15, 2018 7:06 am UTC

lmjb1964 wrote:In somewhat RELATED news, it looks like in bsta it will soon be time to PANIC!
Or maybe not.
Panic!

You're still too shocked to switch to panic mode now.
BFTF replay
Good luck, my blitzing friends!
BTTBAA:1023 # Mustard? Use the mirror! Blitzing? Also use the mirror! And here's why. # OTT facebug copy
that's a robot so it doesn't countImage
This text was autogenerated:
swimming unit detector active

lmjb1964
Location: In the Present! Need to ketchup NP 2236-2280, plus NP 2026-2058 and something like 2060-2090+?.

Postby lmjb1964 » Mon Oct 15, 2018 7:36 am UTC

SBN wrote:
lmjb1964 wrote:Well, I saw this really old guy yesterday...oh wait, that''s a geezer. :)
I'm guessing you're referring to this: https://www.cbsnews.com/news/yellowstone-geyser-erupts-spews-decades-old-trash-2018-10-06/

Yep.
Not completely sure making an exhibit of the trash will convince people not to throw things in.

Hm, that's a good point. They do make great pains to point out that you should not throw things in the geyser, but people have to read those warnings. Much easier to look at those old coins and say, "Hey, if i throw someone in it, maybe they'll find it in 80 years!"

balthasar_s wrote:
lmjb1964 wrote:In somewhat RELATED news, it looks like in bsta it will soon be time to PANIC!
Or maybe not.
Panic!

You're still too shocked to switch to panic mode now.

Is the blue dot important, or is it m*stard, I wonder?

Continuing the other ONGoing storu....
Spoiler:
Wait for it.

Yay! I ONGed my first Physics newpix.

Help addams stay in her home! https://www.crowdrise.com/in-a-comically-tragic-turn-of-events-addams-didnt-die
Imagesmiley by yappo
That's a robot but it totally counts. Image

bot by balthasar_s

balthasar_s

Postby balthasar_s » Mon Oct 15, 2018 9:52 am UTC

lmjb1964 wrote:Is the blue dot important, or is it m*stard, I wonder?
If you look at previous frames you will see similar things.
They are a natural effect of how bsta (and bftf) frames are made.
If anyone ever wants to make a realistic time after bsta for some reason, please remember about this :)

lmjb1964 wrote:Much easier to look at those old coins and say, "Hey, if i throw someone in it, maybe they'll find it in 80 years!"
Don't throw people into coins!
BFTF replay
Good luck, my blitzing friends!
BTTBAA:1023 # Mustard? Use the mirror! Blitzing? Also use the mirror! And here's why. # OTT facebug copy
that's a robot so it doesn't countImage
This text was autogenerated:
swimming unit detector active

Return to “Individual XKCD Comic Threads”