SQL server error

A place to discuss the implementation and style of computer programs.

Moderators: phlip, Moderators General, Prelates

leroymalone

SQL server error

Postby leroymalone » Wed Feb 17, 2016 1:17 pm UTC

I can`t run my SQL Server. I see “SQL Server Table Corruption Error” It used to work just fine not long ago. Is there a way to solve my problem? I am still beginner in this, and might not know some thing. I tryed to restore server database with the advice I`ve found on the web but the restore feature of Microsoft SQL Server is not working for me. My own knowledge are not allowing me to solve it on my own, so I`m asking for help.

Pied typer

Postby Pied typer » Mon Mar 14, 2016 10:25 pm UTC

leroymalone wrote:I can't run my SQL Server. I see “SQL Server Table Corruption Error”. It used to work just fine not long ago. Is there a way to solve my problem? I am still beginner in this, and might not know some thing. I tryed to restore server database with the advice I've found on the web but the restore feature of Microsoft SQL Server is not working for me. My own knowledge are not allowing me to solve it on my own, so I'm asking for help.

You have corrupted files, telling from that error message. I don't know much SQL, but I know that when you have corrupted files, you find a way to make them not corrupt anymore. This is very easy if you have your files conveniently backed up, but in case you don't, there are still plenty of things you can do. Mostly deleting the corrupt files. And also, buy a backup device. Those are pretty important.
Hey, is my flairTM small enough for here?
Also, go here:
http://stackoverflow.com/q/11227809/6388243

cphite

Re: SQL server error

Postby cphite » Wed Mar 16, 2016 9:37 pm UTC

I realize this is pretty late after the fact, but you have (had?) a couple of options.

First off, you say you tried restoring... can you detail what steps you took and what error messages (if any) you got as a result? Assuming you have a good backup, there are various reasons why you might be getting an error when trying to restore and many of them are relatively simple to resolve.

If you do not have a good backup, there are additional steps you can take to attempt to repair the database, but that is a last resort and even assuming it works you can expect data loss. So I would rather not even recommend them until it's clear that a restore isn't an option.

Return to “Coding”