Alien Warfare Mafia (GAME OVER)

For your simulated organized crime needs.

Moderators: jestingrabbit, Moderators General, Prelates

Vicarin

Re: Alien Warfare Mafia (Day Three)

Postby Vicarin » Fri May 18, 2018 4:20 am UTC

It's not a vig kill, it's a mentor kill. LaserGuy explained it more. I think a non-town mentor would be absolutely ridiculous in a 5-2-2-3-1 setup so I'm almost certain LaserGuy is town.

I mean, if you really want us to demonstrate I could just shoot you :P

Vicarin

Postby Vicarin » Fri May 18, 2018 4:26 am UTC

It's also why I was trying to fish information about LaserGuy and who targeted so hard D2 because I didn't want to be stuck with him at night and then get shot immediately without being able to warn anyone what we were dealing with, if he wasn't town.

And before you bring up that I could just use my vest, his kill is unblockable. Which kind of soft confirms me to him now seeing as I'm apparently the only role that interacts with that. Also means it's much safer to not use the kill if there's a non-zero chance of redirects.

Madge

Postby Madge » Fri May 18, 2018 4:56 am UTC

Liliana Potter is probably Lilly Potter from Harry Potter. Doesn't ring an animorphs bell.

AFAIK nothing happened to me for claiming an actual animorphs character, but Jake isn't the name I was given, so it's possible that if I had given my real name I'd have been affected differently.
I'm writing a supernatural romance novel, it updates the first weekend of every month. You can find it here.

jimbobmacdoodle

Postby jimbobmacdoodle » Fri May 18, 2018 7:49 am UTC

I genuinely don't know how I can prove it, because my ability still doesn't make a huge amount of sense even to me. I'd prefer to not be shot over it, since I know I'm Human.

If somebody fancied Neighborizing me with another Human, I'd love to be able to chat. Maybe the two of us could come up with some sort of clever plan for how to use the ability? But there are probably better people to target.

I know she'll probably say no, but I'd really like bessie to claim her name (even if it's fake). That way I have the whole presumed Town block in my messaging pool, so if I do get useful info somehow I can broadcast it to everyone. Or I can suggest clever plans, or whatever. At this point, I don't want anyone else to claim their name, and may not ever. We'll see how it goes.

Just in case I wasn't clear, I'm happy with a Mark lynch. Will also support a freezeblade lynch if for some reason we change our minds on Mark.
BlitzGirl the Primordial
matthewglen wrote:Cueball looks concerned.

LaserGuy

Postby LaserGuy » Fri May 18, 2018 7:53 am UTC

bessie wrote:Options:
freezeblade – Nothing personal, freezeblade. This would just be to ensure town retains the numerical advantage, and we can’t be sure of your power. This would also give the two alien factions even numbers, and we would be better set up to try to force a three way tie tomorrow.
Madge – For being Madge, and because an absorber would fit in nicely with my indie-theory (note: would depend on specifics of role).
jimbobmacdoodle – Because there’s no way his power is as he claimed it.

Thoughts: Night kill freezeblade and jimbobmacdoodle. D4, plytho and Sabrar can’t win together, and neither can manipulate the vote, so they will be forced to cooperate with town. If for some reason we still can’t force a tie, lynch Madge to ensure she’s not indie.

@LaserGuy, @Vicarin - related question. Why didn’t you attempt a kill last night?

I'd rather just shoot Sabrar and test the win condition than start shooting people at random :? I'm happy with a draw, but I don't want to turn this into another Stellaris where Town ends up committing suicide.

I suppose I don't mind shooting one of them if people feel really strongly about it, but I townread both jimbob and Madge and don't believe either is likely to be an indy based on their respective content (including jimbob's message).

ninja: That post from jimbob feels very wrong to me, however.

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Fri May 18, 2018 8:13 am UTC

LaserGuy wrote:ninja: That post from jimbob feels very wrong to me, however.
You and me both, Lover. :wink:

plytho
¡This cheese is burning me!

Postby plytho » Fri May 18, 2018 8:33 am UTC

Madge wrote:
plytho wrote:@Madge: can you confirm jimbob's statements about his power

Which statements?
I assumed you absorbed his power and could confirm or deny what jimbob said about his power.
bessie wrote:plytho wrote:
@bessie: I guess I didn't return a favor. I missed all the crumbs and figured it came from a townie so I gave my most likely townies chat.
You mean you weren’t auto meta reading me as town?
Of course I wasn't, not since secret santa.

I agree, it feels like he's trying to "do" a lot of things while I feel there's probably not all that much left to do.
Pronouns: he him his
Avatar: The High Frontier by Angus McKie

jimbobmacdoodle

Postby jimbobmacdoodle » Fri May 18, 2018 8:57 am UTC

plytho wrote:
I agree, it feels like he's trying to "do" a lot of things while I feel there's probably not all that much left to do.
I think the game is probably solved (lynch Mark, then Sabrar, unless Mark is Illaman, in which case then freezeblade and plytho), but I don't know for certain that it is, so I'm playing assuming that it isn't and that there's something we've missed. I don't expect much to happen (e.g. I don't really expect to have much that needs saying in tonight's message), but just in case, I'm trying to tie up the possible loose ends.
BlitzGirl the Primordial

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Fri May 18, 2018 11:47 am UTC

I vote for jimbob getting shot. Much safer option for everyone. :P

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Fri May 18, 2018 7:14 pm UTC

Well, if everyone else abstains then the proposition passes. :lol:

jimbobmacdoodle

Postby jimbobmacdoodle » Fri May 18, 2018 8:27 pm UTC

Sabrar wrote:Well, if everyone else abstains then the proposition passes. :lol:
I did kind of already object to it above...

At this point, I don't really know what else to say. I'd try and draw up a reads list, but I really don't see the point with the claims as they are. As far as I'm concerned, the likely setup is as follows, and I doubt any rereading will change this:
Human - me, LaserGuy, Vicarin, Madge, bessie
Illaman - freezeblade, plytho
Mercora - Sabrar
Garatron - Mark
This gives a 6-3-2-2 setup. If there's an indie, I don't really have a clue who it is, unless Mark flips Illaman, in which case I give a fair chance of plytho being it. Assuming Mark flips Garatron (which I expect will eliminate the faction), we should just lynch Sabrar (sorry, nothing personal, but I think there's a non-zero chance of an indie winning if we don't wipe out one of you or Illaman, and there's only one of you, so it's easy), and see if the game ends. If it doesn't I guess we just systematically lynch/shoot the remaining "Human" block, steering well clear of freezeblade and plytho until only one remains or we win. If it turns out that Mark is Illaman, I think we should lynch plytho first, because he was the one who claimed Mark wasn't Illaman (there is a possibility that freezeblade's Illaman cop on plytho gave the wrong answer, due to a power of plytho's). We could shoot freezeblade at the same time to be sure, and then work through the Human block again until we figure out who is stopping us from winning.
BlitzGirl the Primordial

plytho

Postby plytho » Fri May 18, 2018 8:53 pm UTC

I don't really have anything to add at this point.

I can't pick Madge, Vicarin or LaserGuy for my power and won't pick Sabrar or jimbobmacdoodle. So Freezeblade or bessie.

freezeblade

Postby freezeblade » Fri May 18, 2018 9:23 pm UTC

Yeah, we're kinda in a holding pattern until someone hammers, or the time runs out. I'm pretty sure we've got this game cracked.
Belial wrote:I am not even in the same country code as "the mood for this shit."

bessie

Postby bessie » Fri May 18, 2018 9:53 pm UTC

Vicarin wrote:I mean, if you really want us to demonstrate I could just shoot you :P
Ok. Are there any restrictions, like do you need my role name?

Madge wrote:AFAIK nothing happened to me for claiming an actual animorphs character, but Jake isn't the name I was given, so it's possible that if I had given my real name I'd have been affected differently.
Interesting, isn’t it? No one claimed their real role name, but they all received a message. It’s like, the list isn’t what actually triggers jimbob’s power. It’s almost like he just sends out a message to whomever he selects. I wonder why he even needs the names?

jimbobmacdoodle wrote:If somebody fancied Neighborizing me with another Human, I'd love to be able to chat. Maybe the two of us could come up with some sort of clever plan for how to use the ability?
If anyone has any ideas, the time is here and now. By all means don’t wait for D4.

jimbobmacdoodle wrote:I know she'll probably say no, but I'd really like bessie to claim her name (even if it's fake).
Oh how well you know me. :)

Vicarin wrote: Which parts? She claimed she wasn't specifically targeted by it and so wasn't able to absorb it. She did get your daychat ability.
Madge, please clarify this. Did you ask the mod why you didn’t absorb jimbob’s power? And was this the reason he gave you?

Madge wrote: any requests for who i can neighborise tonight?
LaserGuy and Sabrar? :lol: :lol: :P

LaserGuy

Postby LaserGuy » Fri May 18, 2018 10:15 pm UTC

bessie wrote:
Madge wrote: any requests for who i can neighborise tonight?
LaserGuy and Sabrar? :lol: :lol: :P

:D

Ironically, I was originally planning on targeting both Sabrar and SDK with my double mentorize on N1, since it would have forced them into a win-with-Town scenario

Ok. Are there any restrictions, like do you need my role name?

The only restriction is that I have to have a mentee.

No one claimed their real role name

I claimed my real name.

jimbobmacdoodle

Postby jimbobmacdoodle » Fri May 18, 2018 10:46 pm UTC

This is probably not going to get me anywhere, but trying to think about it neutrally, there must be some reason for people to want to claim their name. Otherwise, why would people? Me saying claim your name isn't exactly the most persuasive of arguments, especially based on the reactions so far. There might be a negative side to name claiming (e.g. an indie or scum-controlled power), I don't know, but nobody else has shown any indication of what the positive side is.
BlitzGirl the Primordial

Vicarin

Postby Vicarin » Sat May 19, 2018 12:29 am UTC

Soooooo are we lynching Mark, or is there something actually important to discuss? Everyone seems to agree on the plan atm.

Madge

Postby Madge » Sat May 19, 2018 2:02 am UTC

plytho wrote:
Madge wrote:
plytho wrote:@Madge: can you confirm jimbob's statements about his power

Which statements?
I assumed you absorbed his power and could confirm or deny what jimbob said about his power.

Didn't absorb it, sorry.

bessie wrote:
Vicarin wrote: Which parts? She claimed she wasn't specifically targeted by it and so wasn't able to absorb it. She did get your daychat ability.
Madge, please clarify this. Did you ask the mod why you didn’t absorb jimbob’s power? And was this the reason he gave you?

I didn't but I think chat abilities are probably their own thing as otherwise I'd end up like being able to chat to everyone potentially, since every time someone sends me a PM I can send them a PM back!?

I agree that I'm uneasy about the name claiming thing, there has to be a reason for it beyond flavour. :/

Also I'm curious about which animorphs characters have been chosen... :lol:
I'm writing a supernatural romance novel, it updates the first weekend of every month. You can find it here.

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Sat May 19, 2018 4:18 am UTC

The main reason why jimbob needs to be shot is that with the indie dead we can safely NL for the draw.

Vicarin

Postby Vicarin » Sat May 19, 2018 4:37 am UTC

Playing to draw here kinda sounds like not playing to win.

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Sat May 19, 2018 5:17 am UTC

What do you expect from me? I cannot play to win anymore.

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Sat May 19, 2018 5:18 am UTC

People were sympathetic to the 'peace among friends' idea before, my best bet here is a draw. Feel free to lynch me if jimbob is Town.

Vicarin

Postby Vicarin » Sat May 19, 2018 6:27 am UTC

Sabrar wrote:What do you expect from me? I cannot play to win anymore.

Mostly to just get lynched tomorrow, though if it turns out Mark is actually Illaman by some crazy circumstance plytho and freezeblade both need to be killed.

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Sat May 19, 2018 6:31 am UTC

Vicarin wrote:Playing to draw here kinda sounds like not playing to win.
Vicarin wrote:
Sabrar wrote:What do you expect from me?
Mostly to just get lynched tomorrow
Seriously?

Vicarin

Postby Vicarin » Sat May 19, 2018 6:43 am UTC

You're in a basically unwinnable situation through circumstances out of your control. Sucks, but I'm not going to go for a significantly riskier strategy for a town win or try to draw just to help you out. Pretty sure you'd do the exact same thing if our roles were flipped.

jimbobmacdoodle

Postby jimbobmacdoodle » Sat May 19, 2018 8:44 am UTC

Vicarin, LaserGuy, Madge, do you think anybody else should claim a name before we lynch Mark? If not, I say we just get on with it.
BlitzGirl the Primordial

Madge

Postby Madge » Sat May 19, 2018 9:12 am UTC

I mean, is there anyone else who would want to subscribe to your twitter account? :P

TBH I'd like just about anyone to claim because then I don't have to worry if some evil person benefits from knowing (even fake) names that I'll not be the only one in the firing line. :lol:

Do you have any other powers you can target name people with that you've been keeping secret? Or is it just a chat? Like if you have the ability to prevent anyone who has claimed names from killing each other now would be the time to share it :lol:

jimbobmacdoodle

Postby jimbobmacdoodle » Sat May 19, 2018 9:18 am UTC

No, sorry, I really don't have any other powers. I seriously considered trying to play vanilla town (i.e. never mentioning names, trying to be the kill target etc) with this unless something obvious came up that made it useful. My best theory was that it would just allow me to know if I'd been roleblocked.
BlitzGirl the Primordial

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Sat May 19, 2018 9:28 am UTC

Let's not drag this out. Plus maybe we can finish before Meta Mafia starts.

Unvote: freezeblade
Vote: Mark_Cangila

L-1, someone please hammer.

jimbobmacdoodle

Postby jimbobmacdoodle » Sat May 19, 2018 9:50 am UTC

Sabrar wrote:Let's not drag this out. Plus maybe we can finish before Meta Mafia starts.

If you don't mind, I'd like LaserGuy's and Vicarin's responses first.
BlitzGirl the Primordial

Vicarin

Postby Vicarin » Sat May 19, 2018 10:06 am UTC

I don't think anyone else should claim a name.

LaserGuy

Postby LaserGuy » Sat May 19, 2018 3:55 pm UTC

jimbobmacdoodle wrote:
Sabrar wrote:Let's not drag this out. Plus maybe we can finish before Meta Mafia starts.

If you don't mind, I'd like LaserGuy's and Vicarin's responses first.

I don't think it's necessary at this point.

I'm fine with hammer whenever... probably won't be around much this weekend anyway.

jimbobmacdoodle

Postby jimbobmacdoodle » Sat May 19, 2018 5:08 pm UTC

Okay, thanks. Guess I'll message the same three of you something tonight again.

I'll hammer before going to bed later, if there are no objections by then.
BlitzGirl the Primordial

bessie

Postby bessie » Sat May 19, 2018 5:21 pm UTC

I don’t think we should drag this out too much longer (it’s getting close to unnecessarily cruelty like Secret Santa). Last call for jimbob’s target to claim their role name! :P

Woof
mpolo
bessie
LaserGuy
Vicarin
Maven89/Madge
jimbobmacdoodle – independent
plytho - Illaman
freezeblade - Illaman
Sabrar - Mercora
SDK – Mercora
Mark_Cangila - Garatron
Liri - Garatron
wam - Garatron
Grrr

bessie

Postby bessie » Sat May 19, 2018 10:44 pm UTC

Alright, I'm going out and won't be back until late tonight.

Madge, hammer so we can see if your vote counts. Someone else vote after her.

Sorry Mark.

jimbobmacdoodle

Postby jimbobmacdoodle » Sat May 19, 2018 11:06 pm UTC

bessie wrote:Alright, I'm going out and won't be back until late tonight.

Madge, hammer so we can see if your vote counts. Someone else vote after her.

Sorry Mark.
Guess I'll wait then for Madge to hammer (I'm going to bed now). If she hasn't when I get up, I'll hammer, or someone else can if they are around.
BlitzGirl the Primordial

plytho

Postby plytho » Sat May 19, 2018 11:34 pm UTC

bessie wrote:Madge, hammer so we can see if your vote counts. Someone else vote after her.

I remember someone asking Freezeblade to use his power on Madge, but I don't think Freezeblade responded to it. I wouldn't assume it's been used without confirmation from Freezeblade. (or did I miss something?)

Vicarin

Postby Vicarin » Sun May 20, 2018 12:25 am UTC

I asked, but Madge clarified later that she can't absorb day abilities so there's no point.

bessie

Postby bessie » Sun May 20, 2018 3:44 am UTC

Vicarin we are verifying freezeblade not Madge. Madge get in here and hammer.

Vicarin

Postby Vicarin » Sun May 20, 2018 3:50 am UTC

Has freezeblade actually said that he's targeted anyone yet? I don't think so...

Return to “Mafia”