Mods: jimbobmacdoodle & dimochka
Speed: approx 5 day Days, 2 day Nights. Extensions around Christmas and other busy times if necessary.
Bastardry: Moderate. Closed setup with high likelihood of some crazy roles. We've done our best to balance, but no guarantees.
2. Please stay on topic at all times.
3. Lurking is frowned upon; if you need to drop out, please let me know as soon as possible. If someone feels that another player isn't contributing to game play, please make me aware. Modkills will be handed out if replacement cannot be found without regard to balance.
4. If you aren't part of this game, please do not post in the thread.
5. Once it is nighttime, do not post in the thread.
6. You may not quote the contents of any PM related to this game, but you can paraphrase.
7. If you have been killed in game, don't say anything for the rest of the game except a simple, "Bah, you got me," which reveals no information. Or something along those lines, without giving out any information or hints to anyone still playing.
8. You may not edit your posts unless explicitly told to do so by the mod (which is not in any way expected to happen).
9. You cannot ruin the game for other players.
10. You must play to achieve your win condition.
11. Please make an effort to include the mods on all PMs. Mistakes happen but make me aware if they do.
12. All votes must be bolded and on a separate line. Unvotes are strongly preferred but not required. If I miss something, let us know.
Game Specific Rules (IMPORTANT: Please Read):
1. You may post in thread during the day phase but not the night phase. It is night as soon as the mod posts a day-end post, or a hammer vote is cast, in which case it is automatically night, whether or not a mod has made a day-end post. Note that this means you may not post content after a hammer vote.
2. Do not lurk! One post per real-life day is the recommended minimum. Consideration will be given for weekends and holidays. If you are going to be away for an extended period, please let us know. Otherwise, you will be prodded after 48 hours of inactivity. Failure to respond to a prod within 48 hours will result in a replacement or modkill.
3. You may not use encryption systems in order to communicate privately or circumvent these rules.
4. In the event of a tied vote, the player who has been at the current vote count or higher the longest continuously up to the deadline will be lynched, unless all players are voting for 2 players (or a player and No Lynch), in which case there will be No Lynch.
5. This setup is closed and moderately bastard. We will not lie to you or provide misleading information, but may choose not to answer questions. Generally, we will not answer questions about how a particular role will interact with another claimed or hypothetical role. Some roles may have hidden elements or have somewhat bastard mechanics subject to the restrictions indicated at the bottom of this section.
6. Please abide by any posting restrictions or other restrictions on your abilities. Failure to do so will result in a mod penalty up to and including a modkill.
7. You may not, under any circumstances, claim, hint at, or otherwise discuss the name, flavour, abilities or anything else about the role that you submitted. Please do not attempt to circumvent this rule (e.g. mass claiming "I did not submit a cop" is not acceptable). Violators will suffer severe penalties. Claiming your received role is fine as long as you do not directly quote from the PM. This restriction does not apply within any chat groups that may exist (e.g. a scum team may discuss their submitted roles amongst themselves, but may not reveal any info in thread), but may not be discussed outside that chat group (a chat group is any group of players with the ability to communicate with each other secretly during the day and/or night).
8. The flavor and abilities of submitted roles may have been altered at the mods' discretion. Players will not be informed if their role has been changed from its original conception.
9. No information will be revealed about how the roles were distributed or balanced. If you submitted a role with a suggested alignment, it may or may not be that alignment.
10. MYLO/LYLO will NOT be announced.
11. Players may not self-target or target dead players unless their role PM says they may.
12. You are still in the game until a mod informs you otherwise, even if hammered or killed. Please do not read spoilers until you are informed you may do so.
Sample Town role PM:
You are well known for your long and elaborate letters explaining your thoughts and guesses about whose skills mean what. These skills are always handy in the inevitable debates you encounter when on quests.
Role: Wall poster
Mechanics: You must make at least one post a day that is at least 1000 words long. If you do, you will be informed lots of information about the setup that really nobody should know.
Win Condition: You are a member of the Town and win when all threats to Town have been eliminated, and at least one member of Town is still alive.
Submitted Role Mechanics:
2. Players removed from the game may not be brought back to life.
3. No spoiler-reading roles.
4. No flavor-writing/influencing roles.
5. No alignment-changing roles.
6. Flips will reveal all role details including hidden mechanics.
7. We will do our best to keep the roles that players submit intact, but we reserve the right to alter the roles as necessary to make the game fun for everyone.
I am sending out role PMs now. Game will start once sufficient players have confirmed and I have a chance to write D1 flavour.