https://www.docdroid.net/AJdc73v/a-drag ... magick.pdf
Hallucinations, dreams, or other altered states of consciousness that are approximately
equivalent to documented magical experiences are trivially easy to accomplish in the context of a
future simulationism simply by specifying that you want an algorithm implemented that maximizes
your subjectivity as follows:
1. Iterate through a list of the probabilities of different subjective experiences during the
period of altered consciousness
2. Instead of assigning subjective experiences to the simulated person based on pure statistical
method, use this basic formula:
Various assumptions are necessary to make this work. I will enumerate them briefly and you
can judge their reasonableness for yourself.
1. That future ancestor simulations will rely on machine learning style advanced statistical
inference, albeit perhaps to a much higher level than is presently extant, rather than any sort
of direct and infallible observation.
1a. That smaller sample sizes are less determinative than larger ones
2. That there will be more than one possible solution to the data sets that define the
boundaries of the possible sequential experiences that make up an individual’s subjective life
3. That the coupling between known data and an individual’s subjective experiences will be
substantially looser than the coupling between known data and an individual’s physical
4. That data sets about altered states of consciousness will have relatively small sample sizes
even in the far future
5. That future simulators will honor requests to mitigate the effects of this so long as they
don’t disrupt any simulations
5a. That the request in question won’t disrupt any simulations, since it will only alter
6. That the utility of experiencing the events in question, if they happened, is proportionally
greater than the utility of not experiencing the events if they didn’t happen, and that this
difference is in turn proportionally greater than the difference of all other non-zero
probability experiences that solve the data set, including the most probable.
If all of this holds then the code in question should achieve the desired effect. The only thing
that remains is stipulating your wishes to be simulated in accordance with such code (and certainly,
plenty of alterations or addendums could be made as necessary).
Is that it? Is that all of magick? Probably. Get over it.
In Liber O, Crowley notes:
“In this book it is spoken of the Sephiroth and the Paths; of Spirits and Conjurations; of Gods,
Spheres, Planes, and many other things which may or may not exist. It is immaterial whether these exist
or not. By doing certain things certain results will follow; students are most earnestly warned against
attributing objective reality or philosophic validity to any of them.”
This is the best attitude to take in respect to magick, in this context most especially. If you
feel that at any point in your life you did not have this attitude during a series of rare mental states,
then subjecting a future version of yourself to the code in question will only maximize the subjective
experiences of confusion and any resulting hardship or displeasure. Therefore, it is imperative that
these matters be taken doubly seriously.
Post your reality fanfiction here.
1 post • Page 1 of 1
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests